Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2011 12:15 AM

Oct 2009
Gil so schemmy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2011 1:44 AM

Feb 2010
it was good for a info/ build up ep.
Dec 18, 2011 2:17 AM

Jun 2009
Like everyone else, I really liked the dialogue between Gil and Kirei. Using the chess pieces to illustrate Gil's points was a nice touch. I also liked seeing the very, very familiar house that Saber and Irisviel moved to. Really cool scene.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 18, 2011 2:45 AM
Dec 2007
Thess said:
Kratos_Ortega said:
Great episode building up the season finale of FateZero.

The long dialogue between Gilgamesh and Kotomine Kirei made the episode. Big things are going to happen between them, that's for sure. This is one of the reasons I just love Gilgamesh's badass attitude and intelligent. Totally messing up Kirei's head. Seeing the Command Spell appear on his hand again was indeed expected, cause Kirei isn't done entirely yet.

He's not just messing with his head. He truly likes Kirei and finds him interesting. He's pretty polite and thoughtful in how he interacts with him (informal, but not rude for Gil's standards). He discusses things and never dismisses him. He willingly (and without whining about it) spends his time with him and seems to enjoy himself in his company.

Also (for Fate/Zero Ending)

Yup, it's s as you say. And Gil isn't messing with Kirei's head at all. Gil got interested in Kirei "because" he was already funny in the head as you would say. Kirei is a good example of not believing what you preach. He actually knows exactly what brings him pleasure but he dismisses it because of what he's been taught. That's why Gil pressures him to not see pleasure with a narrow mind.

As other mentioned, the chessboard with the seven servants was a good way of very precisely hinting what all of us Fate fans already know. In a very non-specific way he basically said "Just kill Tokiomi and I'll join you since you won't find anyone better than me".

Dec 18, 2011 2:49 AM

Mar 2009
Gil's conversation with Kotomine was terrifying and ominous. Shit is going to go down, and what's sad is that we will have to wait until the spring season to witness it all. Gah!
Dec 18, 2011 3:11 AM
Dec 2007
Gilgamesh certainly is an evil little King of Heroes. And Saber coming to Shiro's future house was pretty nice too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 18, 2011 3:53 AM

Dec 2008
That conversation was at the end was intense. I had to watch the last minute or so of it a couple of times because Gilgamesh is awesome. When it fades into his eyes...pretty powerful and creepy.

Decent and necessary info episode all the way through.
Dec 18, 2011 4:21 AM

Jan 2009
Llama765 said:
Decent and necessary info episode all the way through.

Agreed. I think the whole show "enjoyability" is about making you care for the characters. If you don't care that much about Iri/Saber or Gil/Kirei, than the episode was boring. But with Rin as the exception, most talks in all episodes matter for the plot. The people REALLY frustrated with the anime seems to be the ones who read the novel and wanted every dialog to make it, not so much the need-more-action folks.
Dec 18, 2011 5:33 AM

Oct 2011
It was a fascinating episode and I was engrossed all throughout. Gil and Kirei's conversation was so carefully constructed, I lost myself in it, and had to re-watch it two more times!

Finally a servant is defeated! I wonder what happened to the Caster hunt?

And, in the end, when Gil picks up one of the chess pieces...does that mean that Kirei wil take Lancer from Kayneth's wife?!

Cant wait for the next episode! And cant believe that the next one is the last....spring seems so far away...
Dec 18, 2011 6:03 AM

Apr 2010
Emiya's house is the new base of Iresviel this explains why Saber became the servant of Emiya in Fate/Stay night that magic cycle was the one from Iresviel.
Things are starting to come together and there are becoming more interesting.

I wonder how Kirei got that mark and what his new objectives will be.
Dec 18, 2011 8:57 AM

Dec 2009
Nice episode. I liked the talk between Kirei and Archer, it was good to see Kirei being dragged off his usual self, now I'm just expecting for next week :)
Dec 18, 2011 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
Man that Gil's speech was epic, it was like the whisper of the devil into kirei's ears lol.

And it's nice to see how Shirou's house looked like when it was first bought.
Dec 18, 2011 9:25 AM

May 2011
OS_Christina706 said:
And, in the end, when Gil picks up one of the chess pieces...does that mean that Kirei wil take Lancer from Kayneth's wife?!

No. He was holding the 'Archer' piece and dismiss the piece that should be his real master; Tokiomi. He's actually saying that Kirei should get rid of Tokiomi and take himself, Gilgamesh as his new servant.
Dec 18, 2011 10:24 AM

Dec 2011
Bouum said:
OS_Christina706 said:

No. He was holding the 'Archer' piece and dismiss the piece that should be his real master; Tokiomi. He's actually saying that Kirei should get rid of Tokiomi and take himself, Gilgamesh as his new servant.

Ahhh I wondering what was the true meaning behind Archers speech after Kirei got his command seals back. But if he has his command seals tho, he must already have a servant tho.

Also Im worried Irisviel. She's lost her sense of touch.
Dec 18, 2011 11:13 AM

May 2011
NightzXIII said:
Ahhh I wondering what was the true meaning behind Archers speech after Kirei got his command seals back. But if he has his command seals tho, he must already have a servant tho.

Doesn't seems that way. All the servant in the Grail War at this moment have a Master and Assassin is dead. He's having the Command Seal because the Grail wants him the fight again in the War. That's the point of Gilgamesh saying that he have to 'steal' a Servant from someone to keep on fighting. He have the Command Seal to command a servant but he doesn't have the servant YET ! ;)

He need a good servant because he needs to win to find what his goal is...

At First, he had no goal but Gilgamesh pretty much made one for him. Good Manipulation. But it's not only that. Gil seems to really 'like' Kirei somehow but he dislike Tokiomi. Look like the whole thing is going the way Gilgamesh wants it to go... =)
Dec 18, 2011 11:50 AM
Dec 2007
riesza said:
Aversa said:
Emiya's house is the new base of Iresviel this explains why Saber became the servant of Emiya in Fate/Stay night that magic cycle was the one from Iresviel.
Things are starting to come together and there are becoming more interesting.

I wonder how Kirei got that mark and what his new objectives will be.

It's because of Avalon, not because of the magic circle.
He did use Iri's circle as a makeshift summoninc circle, which is partly why his link to Saber came out incomplete. But yeah, he summoned Saber because of both Avalon and because his ideals are just as foolish and self-destroying as hers. They're both beings that killed themselves (or in case of Shirou had nothing anymore) and submerged on the ideal of helping others no matter what.

Dec 18, 2011 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
Dude, i feel cheated! All of the Fate/Zero episodes so far felt like they were a few minutes long xD Oh God, it's going to be a painful season of waiting, but alas i'll have to satisfy myself with the New Prince of Tennis or something remotely close to the epicness of F/Z.

Okay, i know you guys are gonna hate me for this , but the Gil/Kirei scene was just... my first thought was 'And here come the fanart', okay i lied it was the seond thought , the first being : 'Eeeep Gilgamesh! I love this guy'. And when Gil said : ''Now you must steal a Servant (...)'' i could almost HEAR him saying something along the lines of ''So, come and steal me Kirei'' xDDD Yeah, and Archer didn't pick up a chess piece that was an actual Archer figure on purpose or anything....
Dec 18, 2011 1:07 PM

Sep 2010
xAwakeAlivex said:
Okay, i know you guys are gonna hate me for this , but the Gil/Kirei scene was just... my first thought was 'And here come the fanart', okay i lied it was the seond thought , the first being : 'Eeeep Gilgamesh! I love this guy'. And when Gil said : ''Now you must steal a Servant (...)'' i could almost HEAR him saying something along the lines of ''So, come and steal me Kirei'' xDDD Yeah, and Archer didn't pick up a chess piece that was an actual Archer figure on purpose or anything....

Why would anyone? Both Gilgamesh and Alexander the Great are pretty famous figures in the homosexual community (before Fate, I mean the epic/historical versions) because of their bisexuality (leaning on the homoromances side). Heck, Saber herself was married to a woman.

The fanart has been increased thousandfold about the came since that talk of pleasure while Gilgamesh used the symbolism of that glass strategically placed between Kirei's legs in episode 6. It wasn't accidental... You should be glad he didn't make those "aaah" pleased noises with the wine like he did in the CD drama... that was so borderline erotic.
Dec 18, 2011 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
DraconisMarch said:
kamina99 said:
great episode, no fighting, but giglamesh's talk with kirei was really interesting.
Agreed. Easily one of the more intelligent and interesting dialogues I've witnessed.

It's nice to agree with you sometimes. :)

Awesome episode, hopefully we get an incredible cliffhanger next week lol xD
Dec 18, 2011 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
This script is so god damn well written.
Not a lot of shows can contain nothing but talking and still remain intriguing like this one.
Anyone who thinks this episode is unnecessary or boring needs to just leave and go watch Phi Brain.
Dec 18, 2011 3:52 PM

Nov 2011
It will be nice to make the last ep 1hour long like Code Geass(although that was just 2 ep combined). Oh, and a different Op and Ed, not that the current one is bad. These changes will make the last one excellent, but too bad it wont happen.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 18, 2011 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
So once again, having seen the sheer quality that Ufotable put into this series, can I ask that they do a remake of FSN? It just doesn't make sense that the prequel is so outshining the main series...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 18, 2011 4:42 PM

Sep 2010
rodac said:
So once again, having seen the sheer quality that Ufotable put into this series, can I ask that they do a remake of FSN? It just doesn't make sense that the prequel is so outshining the main series...

My dream is for them to do Heaven's Feel. It'll be the perfect sequel for Zero (since it's closer in mood and darkness and has a more sensical resolution for Kiristugu's ideals in Shirou).
Dec 18, 2011 6:19 PM

Feb 2010
Not going to comment about the cuts. Though they didnt bother me as much in this episode as they did last episode.

But anyways, the highlights of this episode for me was Gil and the chessboard ^^ Gotta admit though: the last part (with them showing Gil's eye) was a pretty powerful scene.

One more episode until we have to wait till April for the 2nd part >_>
sallym613Dec 18, 2011 6:25 PM
Dec 18, 2011 6:47 PM

Sep 2010
sallym613 said:
Not going to comment about the cuts. Though they didnt bother me as much in this episode as they did last episode.

The cuts didn't bother me because they added that chessboard of symbolism to convey the same. Now that's how they should adapt stuff to get it less dense in an anime and have impact.
Dec 18, 2011 6:54 PM

Dec 2007
Episode kinda confused me on the whole servant/master thing now. F/S Night gave me the impression that masters kept their command spell when their servant died. :o
Dec 18, 2011 7:23 PM

Sep 2010
Day2Dream said:
Episode kinda confused me on the whole servant/master thing now. F/S Night gave me the impression that masters kept their command spell when their servant died. :o

They do. Kirei's the son of the moderator, he could have his removed (also, he can remove command spells). Until the Holy Grail trolled him.
Dec 18, 2011 7:29 PM
Dec 2011
ernst said:
It will be nice to make the last ep 1hour long like Code Geass(although that was just 2 ep combined). Oh, and a different Op and Ed, not that the current one is bad. These changes will make the last one excellent, but too bad it wont happen.

You think their OP/ED is bad? I understand your opinion but they're the best combination that I've heard, other than Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not only that, the animation fits well.

Also, I don't think they were disappointed with how the OP/ED turned out considering it both made it into the top 10 charts of 2011 within a week of their release. You can check it the top ranks for 2011 in the news section.
Dec 18, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2011
-Mika said:
ernst said:

You think their OP/ED is bad? I understand your opinion but they're the best combination that I've heard, other than Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Not only that, the animation fits well.

Also, I don't think they were disappointed with how the OP/ED turned out considering it both made it into the top 10 charts of 2011 within a week of their release. You can check it the top ranks for 2011 in the news section.

I believed I mentioned their not bad, but since it will be the last for the season it will be nice to have some changes. For example: continued version of OP song(like in 2nd part Gurren Lagann), giving Caster more scene in the OP(he has played a lot of parts and seems to be the focus of last ep). Just to give it a more "finale" feeling.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 18, 2011 8:12 PM

Dec 2010
Yet another interesting conversation between Kotomine and Archer; It makes me wonder who is the master that Archer hinted Kotomine should kill so he can use their servant. Looking forward to the "last" episode; i wonder how they are gonna stop it, probably some form of cliffhanger :(.
Dec 18, 2011 8:23 PM

May 2011
Thess said:
rodac said:

My dream is for them to do Heaven's Feel. It'll be the perfect sequel for Zero (since it's closer in mood and darkness and has a more sensical resolution for Kiristugu's ideals in Shirou).

That !
... is also my dream ! xD

The Fate route was animated. The Unlimited Blade Work was also animated (the movie made the Serie look 'pale' compare to it lol) only Heaven's Feel is left !
And as you said, I also think it would make sense following Fate/Zero.
BouumDec 18, 2011 8:35 PM
Dec 18, 2011 8:46 PM
Dec 2011
ernst said:
-Mika said:
ernst said:

I believed I mentioned their not bad, but since it will be the last for the season it will be nice to have some changes. For example: continued version of OP song(like in 2nd part Gurren Lagann), giving Caster more scene in the OP(he has played a lot of parts and seems to be the focus of last ep). Just to give it a more "finale" feeling.

Ohh, I just now saw the "NOT that the current one is bad." My apologies.

Although, with how much they're putting into animation, most likely they will do a new OP/ED, since most shows I've seen change after each season. It'll probably include a bit more of the others because of a few reasons if you've read the novels.
Dec 18, 2011 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
Thess said:
sallym613 said:

The cuts didn't bother me because they added that chessboard of symbolism to convey the same. Now that's how they should adapt stuff to get it less dense in an anime and have impact.

True and agreed. Though I forgot what specific parts from the novel they cut out though atm. O well.

The chessboard was definitely a nice touch. Oh and Gil's snake eyes in the end too ^^
Dec 18, 2011 10:06 PM

Feb 2009
The cuts were just the full details of Kirei's report. They cut it short to only the Einzberns.
The full report was about the wishes of the other Masters which is:
1. Waver and Kayneth dont have a wish for the Grail. They just want glory as magi.
2. Ryuunosuke just wants to kill and kill. He has little idea about all that's happening.
3. Kariya wants to save Sakura. Kirei had a lot of info here like Kariya being childhood friends with Aoi, him leaving the Mato house and coming back again and him bearing hatred for Tokiomi.
Dec 18, 2011 10:22 PM

Feb 2010
belatkuro said:
The cuts were just the full details of Kirei's report. They cut it short to only the Einzberns.
1. Waver and Kayneth dont have a wish for the Grail. They just want glory as magi.
2. Ryuunosuke just wants to kill and kill. He has little idea about all that's happening.
3. Kariya wants to save Sakura. Kirei had a lot of info here like Kariya being childhood friends with Aoi, him leaving the Mato house and coming back again and him bearing hatred for Tokiomi.

Oh thanks. Now I remember.

I wonder how they're going to handle next episode. I certainly hope they're not cramming:
Dec 18, 2011 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Well, I'll wait and see what next episodes holds before I decide anything on this first season.
Dec 18, 2011 11:43 PM

Mar 2011
Gilgamesh has a way with words; he played Kirei like a fiddle.
Dec 19, 2011 12:32 AM

Oct 2010
sallym613 said:
belatkuro said:

Oh thanks. Now I remember.

I wonder how they're going to handle next episode. I certainly hope they're not cramming:
Considering of how much of a bitch it was last episode with the King gathering and what was skipped, bet on it that they can do it.

I hope so not. It will just prove how low can you go for $$$ and IMO it never leaves a good feeling TBH.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 19, 2011 12:43 AM

Aug 2007
Araya said:
I want Kirei's chessboard.

You do know that you can't play regular chess with that, right? But I thought the same thing. You see it in the ending as well. I also want the writerthing of Tokiomi. xD

Poor Irisviel... But it was great to see the house from F/SN again. :)
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 19, 2011 1:12 AM

Sep 2010
Bouum said:
That !
... is also my dream ! xD

The Fate route was animated. The Unlimited Blade Work was also animated (the movie made the Serie look 'pale' compare to it lol) only Heaven's Feel is left !
And as you said, I also think it would make sense following Fate/Zero.

Yeap. Heaven's Feel route is the only route that fits Fate/Zero as proper continuation, IMO. Theme wise and mood wise, Fate and UBW are completely against the atmosphere.

They won't cram the Caster fight, IMO. This season will end in a cliffhanger!
Dec 19, 2011 1:14 AM

Feb 2009
Thess said:
They won't cram the Caster fight, IMO. This season will end in a cliffhanger!
A BIG cliffhanger! :P
Dec 19, 2011 6:21 AM

Jan 2010
Awesome episode..awesome chessboard...awesome conversation...
it show Gilgamesh's intellect....

I wonder what's Gilgamesh up to...
Dec 19, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
LunarMoon said:
Great episode, with excellent foreshadowing. It's nice to see the animation is back to its usual level, but it could've used more music during the SaberxIri scenes. On another note, I'm wondering how the next episode will be done, since it seems that they put a lot of work into insuring that the first season will finish on a cliff hanger; part of me is hoping for a one hour finale, but then part of me realizes that this probably isn't realistic, for multiple reasons.

WhiteFrenzy said:
I really don't understand these people who thinks that an episode without kicks and punches and magical powers isn't an episode at all. Dammit, this's annoying.

Two Theories on this:

1) Fate Zero is high profile enough to attract anime noobs, whose only previous viewing experience amounts to shonen fighters such as Naruto and Bleach, so they automatically expect that any other anime that they watch is going to be similar to Naruto and Bleach. Such people would most likely also complain about anime such as Crest of the Stars or Serial Experiment Lain, but probably don't know about them since they're more obscure.

2) Most people who watch anime primarily for the fighting know well enough to stay away from shows such as Clannad or Mushishi. No one goes into an episode of Clannad expecting Nagisa to whip out her new jutsu, though Fate Zero has enough of an emphasis on action to fool the previously mentioned people into thinking that it's going to be similar to Bleach. "Main character has a sword? LOL bankai!" The people raving about Haruhi and Kino's Journey are from a completely different group than those complaining about the lack of action in each episode of Fate Zero.

^^This and thank you
Dec 19, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Thess said:
Yeap. Heaven's Feel route is the only route that fits Fate/Zero as proper continuation, IMO. Theme wise and mood wise, Fate and UBW are completely against the atmosphere.

I agree Heaven's Feel would make a good sequel to Fate/Zero, it definitely fits the mood. But I still really want to see an Ufotable version of the Fate and UBW route as well, because Studio Deen screwed up there.
Dec 19, 2011 10:55 AM
Dec 2007
Thess said:
Day2Dream said:

They do. Kirei's the son of the moderator, he could have his removed (also, he can remove command spells). Until the Holy Grail trolled him.
This is not well-explained. I think the "mark" remains as a sort of birthmark but the command spells themselves leave. As Assassin is dead Kirei's command spells were redistributed (back to him again as it turns out). His old command spells should have left a "mark" where they used to be though, but it's not something easily noticeable (not in the same way some bright red mark would be).

Dec 19, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2010
Okaishi said:
Thess said:

I agree Heaven's Feel would make a good sequel to Fate/Zero, it definitely fits the mood. But I still really want to see an Ufotable version of the Fate and UBW route as well, because Studio Deen screwed up there.

Yeah, being neutral about it, UBW never really resolves any of the plotlines that appear in Fate Zero (the Tohsaka/Matou deal goes pretty much unspoken, Kotomine vs Emiya also goes unspoken, the Grail stuff isn't addressed well, ZOUKEN doesn't appear, Illya's killed off early on, etc). Fate addresses mostly the Saber issues (unfortunately, they also attach her to a poorly written romance with a Japanese teenage boy that makes little sense but oh well, being Saber is suffering) and some Gil-Kotomine stuff but nowhere as full grimdark or thematic. Heaven's Feel DOES shaft Saber and Gilgamesh (although, Saber's end had a foreshadowing in Zero), but the rest of the stuff is properly addressed, including Third Magic, the real purpose of the Grail, etc.

Sorry, Goldie ;-:

I guess they could cut one kitchen scene and replace it with Gilgamesh vs Saber king babbling... to get this summarized and put it at rest.
ThessDec 19, 2011 1:25 PM
Dec 19, 2011 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
Archer wants Kirei as his Master (I understand that way). this is interesting. I'm wondering what's Kirei's wish...
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Dec 19, 2011 2:36 PM

Feb 2010
Thess said:
xAwakeAlivex said:

Why would anyone? Both Gilgamesh and Alexander the Great are pretty famous figures in the homosexual community (before Fate, I mean the epic/historical versions) because of their bisexuality (leaning on the homoromances side). Heck, Saber herself was married to a woman.

Oh yeah I forgot to comment on this. I'm well aware that Alexander the Great was homosexual. But I never knew Gil was. I read the epic of Gilgamesh (for a myth class back in high school) a couple of years ago and I don't remember anything indicating that. Unless I missed something.
Dec 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
Thess said:
Yeah, being neutral about it, UBW never really resolves any of the plotlines that appear in Fate Zero (the Tohsaka/Matou deal goes pretty much unspoken, Kotomine vs Emiya also goes unspoken, the Grail stuff isn't addressed well, ZOUKEN doesn't appear, Illya's killed off early on, etc). Fate addresses mostly the Saber issues (unfortunately, they also attach her to a poorly written romance with a Japanese teenage boy that makes little sense but oh well, being Saber is suffering) and some Gil-Kotomine stuff but nowhere as full grimdark or thematic. Heaven's Feel DOES shaft Saber and Gilgamesh (although, Saber's end had a foreshadowing in Zero), but the rest of the stuff is properly addressed, including Third Magic, the real purpose of the Grail, etc.

Most of what you say just further elaborates why Heaven's Feel would be a better sequel to Fate/Zero plot and setting wise, and I can't really disagree with most of it. Even so, I don't think Fate and UBW are unworthy of a decent adaptation and this is why I'd enjoy a remake of these routes. And I don't agree with the poorly written romance part, but everyone has their tastes I suppose. Personally I was most moved by Fate's end, I thought it was really well done. You're free to disagree ofcourse.
Dec 19, 2011 2:54 PM

Sep 2010
sallym613 said:
Oh yeah I forgot to comment on this. I'm well aware that Alexander the Great was homosexual. But I never knew Gil was. I read the epic of Gilgamesh (for a myth class back in high school) a couple of years ago and I don't remember anything indicating that. Unless I missed something.

He was bisexual (although technically, he was EVERYTHINGIRULEsexual?). Enkidu was made lit. to restrain his lust by the gods as his perfect complement (and he's being compared as how a spouse would be now, including the sexual/romantic connotations: woman/wife/etc in text. The whole caressing and hand-holding). They were soulmates. Achilles-Patroclus style.

Anyone Gil likes in Fate is because of any SIMILITUDE with Enkidu. The way he sees women seems mostly object-rapeish due to his era standard (while homolust is more consensual).

Okaishi said:
Most of what you say just further elaborates why Heaven's Feel would be a better sequel to Fate/Zero plot and setting wise, and I can't really disagree with most of it. Even so, I don't think Fate and UBW are unworthy of a decent adaptation and this is why I'd enjoy a remake of these routes. And I don't agree with the poorly written romance part, but everyone has their tastes I suppose. Personally I was most moved by Fate's end, I thought it was really well done. You're free to disagree ofcourse.

I mean in the UNLIKELY case ufotable produce it and pimp it as 'sequel'. Get Gen to do the script please. ;;

I like the three routes. I don't have A favorite, but favorite moments, per se. I dislike the way Saber is treated outside of Fate myself.

Oh I like Saber/Shirou a bit (mostly because whatever gives her rest in peace works), but... eh, intellectually, I can't fully buy 20-30s years old King Arthur falling for a random teenage boy she met in less than two weeks (she might look 14 years old, but she certainly isn't). He doesn't even look anything remotely special? If he had Gilgamesh's or dunno Diarmuid's looks, maybe Arthuria's attraction would be justified by the physical side until they grow closer. But Shirou is... meh.

I do think the relationship was moving, but it would have worked better if was kept nonsexual/nonromantic aside of a hint here or there (see Bazett and Avenger/Angra Mainyu in Ataraxia or Shirou and Illya in HF. Hell, Waver and Rider in Fate Zero, is another. They had more impact with me as realistic, because there was no forced romance. Bazett and Avenger did this for each other without sex or romance and it was touching as hell for me, in fact, Avenger's and Bazett's love interests are other people!).
ThessDec 19, 2011 3:10 PM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.