Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2008 12:31 PM

Mar 2008
Whether you want to fangirl or talk about serious stuff related to Bonten (or even other Amatsuki characters), this is the right place ^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 9, 2008 12:42 PM

Mar 2008
So for the start...
I liked Bonten in the anime, but I really started to love him when I read the flashback in the manga. His relationship with Ginshu was so cute.
The flashback was amazing, it explained so much about the whole situation in Amatsuki. Too bad there are no scanlations for chapters 45-47 yet. But at least there are translations and raws for those who are really interested in what happened that turned Bonten and Ginshu into enemies.
But I was seriously surprised when it turned out that Ginshu and Bonten

Anyway, I love Bonten's personality. He's neither too cold nor too silly. And I love his interactions with other characters.

On a shallow note, he looks fine in the anime, but in the manga he's simply gorgeous XD

And, as requested, the picture used in the club banner:
From the Amatsuki artbook.
ArianaAug 10, 2008 3:00 AM

Aug 10, 2008 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
I agree! Bonten in the manga is just gorgeous~! I haven't really watched the anime yet (I started but decided to read the manga first... cause if I got to far there would be spoilers >.<) I squeaked when I saw Bonten in the opening... *blush*

There was an amatsuki artbook!? I never heard about that... I think I gotta get my hands on that one... Somehow... The art from the manga is just beautiful!

Anyways thx :*
Aug 10, 2008 5:34 AM

Mar 2008
The anime pretty much follows the manga up to the end of Imayou's story and Ginshu challenging Teiten. Which means that it ends just before the Ginshu/Bonten flashback ;__;
But the manga is much better and it has lots of chibis. There are no chibis in the anime >_< But I still would like a second season.

Yes, you can download the artbook from the Amatsuki manga community on LJ ^^ The Amatsuki manga art really is amazing *__*

And you're welcome ^^

Aug 10, 2008 9:05 AM
Jul 2018
Oh! That's great! I already read that so I can watch it without any worries :D

Oh, thx! But still... since it's amatsuki I would've still bought it if I had a chance... No! I have to have a chance! Somehow...

I need to sign up for LJ...
Aug 10, 2008 11:40 AM

Mar 2008
I would buy it too if it was available on Amazon or somewhere like that. Though I would rather buy the manga itself ;__; I hope they will start publishing it in English soon.

And yes, you can watch the anime now, no problem ^^

LJ is vey useful when you need scanlations, raws, translations and stuff like that.
I couldn't wait for scanlations so I just downloaded raws for chapters 45-47 (the rest of the Ginshu/Bonten flashback) and read summaries by one of the LJ users.

Aug 10, 2008 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I'm waiting for the manga in english... And I think they're gonna publish it soon since the anime came out. And besides! It's just beautiful so why not? The art is just... it's a masterpiece!

I'd torture myself to wait... It's less fun if I try to read it in japanese...
Aug 10, 2008 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
I wouldn't even try to read it in Japanese lol. Gotta trust the people who translate it.
I want chapter 40 scanlated (or even only translated) coz there's a scene with Bonten sleeping and Toki and Utsubushi apparently talking about him. Maybe Utsubushi explains why Bonten likes sleeping so much lulz. Geez, I so want to read all those later chapters ;__; Byt the way, sleeping Bonten = cute <333 XD

And the art really is a masterpiece. And wow, the colors in the arts! Just perfect! *__* The mangaka has such a unique style.

Aug 11, 2008 2:02 AM

May 2008
Aaah I really must get round to reading the manga T__T
I started watching the anime first... Don't know why, I never do that normally!

I must admit Bonten looks even better in the manga than in the anime from the little I've seen *O* Gah, I just love him, he's such an intriguing and funny character x3 *goes off to hunt scanlations*

Also... They better hurry up and publish it in english T__T I feel bad enough reading scanlations as it is! Does anyone know if it's licensed yet?
Aug 11, 2008 2:13 AM

Mar 2008
I don't think it's been licensed yet ;__;

The best source of scanlations is here ^^
There are also raws there and for some of the chapters you can find translations.

And yes, Bonten is funny XD And I love his interactions with Tsuyukusa in the manga XD

Aug 11, 2008 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
It's not licensed. I checked a few american sites (the publishers I know about, at least...) and there was no info about it... and amazon hasn't got any preorders yet so that... That's one of the reason I collect every possible email newsletter from every possible publisher... If there is...

I loved the scene where he collected Heihachi's memories... I have it on my cork board... along with the black 'n white cover of the third cover... I need to get a color version of that one...

I need to see Boten sleeping... Now that you've told me... grrr... I've got little space on my disk >.< Can't download chapters----! No----!

I need to buy the amatsuki yamitsuki radio... I won't understand much but I can at least try................
Aug 11, 2008 3:34 PM

Mar 2008
You have so little free space on your HD that you can't even download those little manga chapters? XD Oh well, Amatsuki chapters are actually quite long lol.

I wouldn't buy anything that I wouldn't be able to understand anyway XD

Can't wait for more scanlations. I miss Bonten and the others already ;__;

Jun 23, 2009 3:05 AM
May 2009
Bonten is my favourite character^^ He is amazing <3 I like him more in the manga, of course XD
But waiting so long for scanlations is really depressing... T_T I wish this manga was released in my country. But it probably won't happen....
Oct 17, 2009 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
i love bonten hes my fav in the anime too sad that there are no flashbacks of him as a child or when he falls aslep in exaustion that where pretty great moments in the manga
Nov 16, 2009 10:24 AM

May 2009
i liked him in Anime but in manga i just love him
Bonten <3
Dec 21, 2009 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
hes great with this little moodyness and the naps between
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Member Cards ( 1 2 )

Izumi_Shinju_27 - Nov 23, 2009

87 by Kyo- »»
Oct 15, 2011 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.