Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 16, 2011 5:10 PM
Mar 2011
im done guessing and trying to predict what is going on and what might happen. cant wait for next week
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 16, 2011 5:21 PM

Jun 2010
VioLink said:
I honestly think Kanba is trolling Satenoshi and this a plan to get rid of him for how he tricked thier parents.

Im also gonna say that Ringo has become the diary and she is gonna use it next episode.

+1
Dec 16, 2011 5:41 PM

May 2010
I think this has to be one of the top 5 best episodes of Mawaru Penguindrum. Everything was perfect in this episode.

That opening of ShoumaxRingo was freaking sad and sweet. Sometimes I wonder what Shouma feels about Ringo, he doesn't express much to her, but he doesn't deny anything either. I also don't get his feelings for Himari, is it actual Love, or just cause she's his "sister". It's clear Himari likes Shouma, but not as a brother...

With one episode left, I don't know how they will end all of this.... Wasn't the penguindrum something of which that dealt with Ringo? How is it now on the train of fate with Kanba? I don't get anything in this awesome show. Although, I never really tried to really look into everything, lol. Hopefully, next episode isn't so much of a mind-fuck. I'm sure my head will explode.

DeadlyStarfish said:
-sigh- What really pissed me off in this episode was not Kanba shooting Shouma or burning the diary....yeah that was really cruel of him but the thing that got me was how he seems to want to sacrifise everything for Himari but when his real sister was dying...wait when she did die his reactions were....well kind of emotionless for me and then he just turned his back to her not even looking back a single time.Yes, I get that he loves Himari but wasn't family also important?Yes, he did protect her in the last episode but this scene was...I don't know he didn't beg Sanetoshi to save her at all. In fact, they used her as a guinea pig for Sanetoshi to proove he can keep his part of the deal.

Agreed. Regardless of everything, Masako is still family. The fact that he only gave a sort of, sad expression, over his sister's death, is sick. He was still only thinking of Himari and his feelings. Kanba pisses me off sometimes, I truly think the guy is good, but damn..It's kinda hard to like him right now...
Dec 16, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
Great episode. I am really wondering how all the remaining questions can get answered in 24 minutes.
Dec 16, 2011 7:56 PM

Oct 2010
Great episode.
This episode is making me expect a lot from Kanba.
At first I almost freaked when I thought he really killed Shoma, but then it turned out to not really be a bullet inside the gun, so I assume because there was no blood or anything. Kanba said he "always wanted to do this" to Shoma, so I'm assuming that meant hug him rather than shoot him?

I'm expecting a lot from Kanba in the last episode.
I just hope the last ep doesn't seem too rushed or anything.
UsagiDec 16, 2011 9:53 PM
Dec 16, 2011 8:34 PM
Jun 2011
RealScreamer said:
With one episode left, I don't know how they will end all of this.... Wasn't the penguindrum something of which that dealt with Ringo? How is it now on the train of fate with Kanba?

It has been explicitly mentioned in a past episode that Shouma has the Penguindrum.

Masako's role in all this has been sidelined in the past few eps considering that before she "gave up" on saving Mario-san she was also vying for the Penguindrum. Also, when does the white teddy show up? Already getting depressed about there being no more penguindrum after next week.
spigotDec 16, 2011 8:43 PM
Dec 16, 2011 9:08 PM

Mar 2008
That was very good episode. Even though in the end the plot is actually very simple and not unlike many other anime, the execution is excellent.
Dec 16, 2011 9:34 PM

Apr 2008
Wow a lot of things happened in this episode and there is only one more left :(

Hopefully the spell to change destiny is still out there somewhere and either Ringo or the two hats of Momoka will do something. Or hopefully Shouma finally punches some sense into Kanba and they both stop Sanetoshi. Or maybe they all die in the end, who the hell knows. Hopefully it ends on a happy note or at least a bittersweet one.

Breath||
Dec 16, 2011 10:02 PM

May 2010
spigot said:
It has been explicitly mentioned in a past episode that Shouma has the Penguindrum.

Yes, I remember that. But what I was trying to say was, in the beginning of the show, Ringo apparently had it... If it's not a solid object that someone can just take from another, then is it just a "feeling"? Or is the penguindrum "Fate"?....blehh, I'm probably missing a lot of things here, lol...
Dec 16, 2011 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
I can really see the spell saving the day and that Mario will play a significant role in the next episode. I doubt there will be a sad ending, well I hope not.
Dec 16, 2011 10:23 PM
Sep 2009
the day momoka and satenoshi fought and momoka was sealsed in to the hats was 16 years ago. (according to the beginnig of this episode) kanba and sho saw each other for the first time 10 years ago (according to this episode) so the day their parents blew things up must be less than 10 years. so why we were told that their parents were the ones that killed momoka??
Dec 16, 2011 10:58 PM

Oct 2010
I'm still rooting for Shoma and Ringo, but that scene with Himari was just so romantic and beautiful I can't help it. ;A; ♥ Oh, but I loved Shoma and Ringo's hugging scene too! As with Kanba and Shoma's.

Also, poor Ringo was surrounded by flames just like in the opening. ;_; I'm glad she wasn't engulfed, though. ;A;

This episode was amazing. Just. Wow. Although many of my questions have been answered, there's still a handful that were not. I hope the finale will be x1000000000 more awesome.
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 16, 2011 11:21 PM

Aug 2009
hmm Kanba could be a good guy all along.
Dec 17, 2011 2:43 AM

May 2010
always calm Sanetoshi screaming at the end "the world!" was fabulous
Dec 17, 2011 4:05 AM

Oct 2010
Bleh, I did not have time to edit nor post around this episode. I shall say that IMO the following,

does tell of something interesting. Himari suddenly joined by H2 and singing that shall kill Sanetoshi.

When you think about it soulelle got it pretty much as love being the weapon itself against Sanetoshi. It's obvious the guy was some sort of lunatic not loved enough and wanted to get rid of the world. Perhaps that revolved around the city he lived at.

Perhaps that also involved being disgusted at the waste that where he lives pollute all around him. Most of all he was part of a environmental group.

One thing is for sure in the following spoiler
try Mass casualties would sum it up nicely. Feel bad for that random student girl.

Question remains how will these dolls that are white and clearly seen in the OP shall play around. I guess the notion of Miracle is inevitable at this point for sure.

One can certainly say in the following spoiler
that the amount of these is scary. In fact the power it blows up at and the amount as the spoiler may suggest can amount vastly into the 300 or even 500.

Another thing to point out is Shouma as follows,

Notice how glorifying they put him out in such as unique art. Shouma totally shined this episode. In fact the art alluded not only to him but towards Kanba of their seriousness one being beautiful/serious while the other one scary/mean.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 17, 2011 4:32 AM
Aug 2011
Honestly that terrorist group must have an amazing recruitment program.

Can't wait to see how this wraps up.
Dec 17, 2011 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
long rant is long...

dammit why people in this show can't die in peace... even sanetoshi & momoka still 'live'
it reminds me with Schrödinger's cat reference in previous episode
the whole sanetoshi's speeches about the box also similar in a way

kanba!!! first you shoot shouma (luckily still alive) & then you bomb ringo!!
sanetoshi you bastard troll!!!
finally a showdown between shouma & kanba... can't wait to see the finale of MPD

the scene with shouma/ringo & shouma/himari are beautiful in their own way
& shouma/kanba hug just give me strong yaoi vibe!l I will LOL if they ended with bromance route
Dec 17, 2011 5:45 AM

Sep 2009
I think there's a really really big TROLL!
Maybe Kanba just pretends to be the bad guy so that shoma would hate him in order to safe him somehow..
My guess is that they will change fate so that the three of them have never met /:

Dec 17, 2011 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
soulelle said:

1. My trolling guess is that the burned diary didn't contain the spell. I believe the spell might be in a book Himari took from the library in episode 9, i.e. in the "Superfrog saves Tokyo". Considering Mario and Himari are both controlled by Momoka, Mario should be aware of the book existance. And it now makes sense for him to finally get into the scene and bring this book to Shouma.

2. Kamba and Shouma both riding the train of fate - so they're both pretty much dead now, I guess. My 2nd trolling guess is that all three of them will end up as Triple-H on heaven, i.e. turn into three moiraes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moirae - the pic on the wiki even has them dressed on dresses of the same colour as Shouma, Himari, and Kamba's hairs. And the penguins story after the ED aludes to this heavily. Perhaps that's what really is the meaning behind the story: No.1, No.2, and No.3 are the three moiraes. And Himari, Shouma, and Kamba are their earth replicas. Or maybe it's just me seeking for Ringo x Shouma possibilities, haha...

3. Kamba killing Shouma... ah that was so much Cain and Abel like. Ikuhara's truly amazing at mixing all known myths, legends, and religions into a single story...

4. I wonder about the next episode... it'll be aired 9 minutes later than usual which made m think.. what if they gonna make a double-episode... I mean.. there're 25 stations! I want 25 episodes too...oh well.. I guess we'll see reaching the station 25 after the credits in episode 24.. with the world returning to normal.

Number 1 sounds nice! But maybe Ringo got the spell on her mind already and just didn't noticed yet? She mentioned having memorized part of the diary before...

2 nd 3 I don't think so! If Kanba was already dead he couldn't have shot Shouma to death, look at Sanetoshi's trouble of putting the live ones to do the jobs xP And that penguim ball appeared too so it wasn't a regular gun.

4 I hope that two! Double epi... it would be an even more epic than it already is looking it will be! ^^

By the way, have I mentioned that I loved this epi, the best anime epi I saw this year and probably (if it keeps that way) the "Mawaru will indeed end best of the year above Madoka in my heart"? So now it's mentioned. xD
Dec 17, 2011 9:34 AM

Jun 2009
All in all, i only wonder what exactly do the "Penguin Companies" mean after all? Do they symbolize the 2 sides of Momoka after she stopped Sanetoshi 16 years ago?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 17, 2011 9:48 AM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
And wait, Shouma already died? Damn it's really confusing because I thought Kanba only shot him to knock him unconscious.
I don't thin Shouma is dead, there was no blood pool nor anything else. Riding the train of fate does not = to being dead exactly. Shouma may ride it under exceptions from Momoka. Was not he on the train then later off somehow? You can't really leave that train as you seen with Kanba being stuck with pink hair guy when you are on it. It brings you to your final destination after all.

I will also assume the diary is officially inside of Momoka who is inside of the hats. Question WTF is Mario? We need his hat too, right? Momoka's diary might be a fake one. The real one is inside of her. She was just using the fake one for communications as a medium. Could be. Objects have effects that may allow the death to speak in certain occult cases e.g.

Maybe I am just tired now but this episode like I mentioned in my first post. Has many many new messages stemming from many many philosophies in this episode. So much that it creates new messages.

Dec 17, 2011 11:03 AM
Jan 2011
nonlly said:
this episode.. PERFECT

Agree, 1 more 2 go.
Dec 17, 2011 11:04 PM

Aug 2010
Wow i love this anime its so deep soo mysterious
anyways what I dont get is this:

Masako dying= Kanba= :O
Himari dying= Kanba= NO EFFING WAY I WIL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN IM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE GRRR *goes on killing rampage* HIMARII!!!!!

shouldn't he care more about Masako considering the fact that she is his real sister :/

anyways, hurray for shouma x ringo moment and last epi :(

no survival strategy for a long time D:
-yoru_piano-Dec 17, 2011 11:12 PM
Dec 18, 2011 1:08 AM

Jan 2011
Remember back in the first few episodes when Ringo was "that crazy stalker bitch" and everyone hated her? Boy things have changed--now everyone loves her (and quite deservedly so to my mind). At this point, all I want is for there to be happy endings all around, but I know that isn't going to happen. I'm just going to have to wait for next week to find out if Himari is saved and if Shouma x Ringo will come to be...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 18, 2011 1:33 AM

Mar 2009
Every week a new penguindrum episode, and every week I have the same reaction:

1. Another amazing episode. Glorious stuff here.
2. WTF IS GOING ON.

Really, for all its surrealism and mysteries that will never be explained - and will more than likely just be left as metaphors and symbolism - it all just works. I simply love this anime despite its flaws. The constant deaths and resurrections? Take any other show, and it would frustrate me to no end. Here, I'm fine with it. I guess I'll attribute that to Ikuhara's mad genius.
Dec 18, 2011 4:47 AM

Jul 2010
God how i wish there'd be a happy ending but that would be too great to be true.

When Momoka changed fate 16 years ago she kinda disappeared as a price to pay so my guess somebody will have to sacrifice themselves to save ppl again.
Also, i think saving Himari is a lost cause, fate wants her to die and apparently the only one who can save her is Sanetoshi but once he's defeated who can save her then ? At first, i thought Ringo but isn't it a great dilemma between saving her life or the life of hundred of ppl ?
I also think Kanba is planing something against Sanetoshi, he would never kill Shouma no matter what. My guess is that he's already prepared to die to save Himari and maybe everybody else.
Argh this is so confusing , anyway i'm sure someone will end up dying a part from Satenothi which reminds me the Goddess story who'll will take someone's precious from those who stole the fruit or so (i can't remember well ?_?)
But i sure may be wrong since i have no idea of Momoka's power or whatever the hell may happen XD it'd be nice to see the PoC again i miss her, also i don't know how they'll introduce Mario again, he never really had a big role to play so bringing him up in the last minute would be erm..i don't know o_o
On a side note, i think i fell for Shoma v_v , seeing Kanba looking so bitter is breaking my heart and that Sanetoshi bastard is just irresistible XD
Dec 18, 2011 6:06 AM

Jun 2011
-yoru_piano- said:

Himari dying= Kanba= NO EFFING WAY I WIL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN IM GOING TO KILL EVERYONE GRRR *goes on killing rampage* HIMARII!!!!!

shouldn't he care more about Masako considering the fact that she is his real sister :/

Well, Himari is his beloved one. Moreover, in my opinion there were shock and pain on his face for sure, and great ones. Also, he's saved her from dying under shards of glass.
Finally, we know that Masako has stayed alive. What is there to cry about?

What I don't get is how Kanba became so energetic and healthy again. o.o
We have to keep our dreams alive. Something to look forward to.
Dec 18, 2011 7:32 AM

May 2010
The beginning scene simply clears my confusion about Sanetoshi about who he really is and about the two bunnies and two hats.

So it's about desire against fate.

Last episode to go. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 18, 2011 8:04 AM

Aug 2007
all I can say is this :
Dec 18, 2011 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
reira said:
all I can say is this :

^This +1
Dec 18, 2011 10:18 AM

May 2011
reira said:
all I can say is this :

Ahaha ! <3
Putting the Fangirl in me to sleep, I want Shoma to end up with Ringo but whatever...

As usual, this episode I'm always lost. Getting some answer but bringing other question in my mind. If Momoka is Himari's hat then who is Mario's hat ? I doubt it is also Momoka... but everything suprised me until now so... Why not !
Dec 18, 2011 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
Bouum said:
If Momoka is Himari's hat then who is Mario's hat ? I doubt it is also Momoka... but everything suprised me until now so... Why not !
Both are Momoka. If you checked the part where Momoka gets split into half, you would know that one hat is half of her only. The other I suspect is the other half of her. Combined together they should form her again. Also the diary is part of her but not her. It's a tool against Sanetoshi.

Dec 18, 2011 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
I had a funny thought today.
All the characters try their best to fight against fate, but the truth is that they can NEVER DO THIS.

THEIR FATE IS IN HANDS OF IKUHARA-SENSEI TO THE END.

Mewhahaha. ^-^
Dec 18, 2011 11:00 AM

May 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Bouum said:
If Momoka is Himari's hat then who is Mario's hat ? I doubt it is also Momoka... but everything suprised me until now so... Why not !
Both are Momoka. If you checked the part where Momoka gets split into half, you would know that one hat is half of her only. The other I suspect is the other half of her. Combined together they should form her again. Also the diary is part of her but not her. It's a tool against Sanetoshi.

The Hat part makes sense now but, what about Sanetoshi ? He was also split in half. The bunnies that are following around would be his two parts ? Making him able to appear... That would explain his apparition even tho he is a ghost. If that's the case...
Should prepare for seeing Momoka next episode then if they bring the hat together ! =)
Dec 18, 2011 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
Bouum said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Bouum said:

The Hat part makes sense now but, what about Sanetoshi ? He was also split in half. The bunnies that are following around would be his two parts ? Making him able to appear... That would explain his apparition even tho he is a ghost. If that's the case...
Should prepare for seeing Momoka next episode then if they bring the hat together ! =)
CORRECT! The 2 bunnies are his other half and other than materializing him in the real world, I see not much of their powers. Perhaps some are being used to make that medicine and whatnot but in general very little is known of those 2 rabbits other than in myth that was shown in this series.

Dec 18, 2011 12:58 PM
Oct 2010
MielxFoxie said:

I might forgive him on his sexy voice alone.

this quote made my day.

and other than that... I really hope Kanba doesn't stay on the "bad" side. I hope he teams up with shouma somehow...
Dec 18, 2011 2:55 PM

Oct 2011
@25 stations-episode count stuff:

I think it's going like this;
They start at the first station then move to the next each episode. . . so episode one started at station one and moved to station two. Episode two moved to station three. Which means that episode twenty-four would move to station twenty-five.
I never really paid attention to the station stuff, though.

--

This episode.
My heart.

Seriously, all of those deaths that weren't actually deaths. . . The Natsume one really got to me. ;__; I do wonder if Sanetoshi's 'magical touch' will last, or if it was just another temporary ploy to get Kanba on his side.
I still really care about & feel for the characters lol. Probably since I already liked them right off of the bat.

Anyway, I don't really have much to speculate. I've never been good at analyzing.
Though the show seems to be so different now from when it first started & has some oddities that bother me, it's been a really fun ride. Of course, the last episode will either make or break this show. ( Except I really do wish Mario had more relevance. )

Really enjoyed all of the Shouma scenes this episode. And I am totally okay with Shouma x Himari (I was kinda shipping it around the beginning -- but I also shipped Shouma x Ringo since the first episode). Though I also ship like, all of the staples. . . Of course, it's more of a family show so I'd actually really like just a family-end or something.

C'mon, gimme my bittersweet finale. e u e

Oh, I was actually thinking that Kanba may possibly heel face turn (again) even without Shouma's intervention since. . . didn't Momoka/POtC tell Kanba what the penguindrum was, some episodes back? When they were having sexytiems. She said something like, "The penguindrum is your. . . " And she said something similar to Shouma this episode.
So maybe Kanba already knows, and he's actually the one stringing Sanetoshi along now. Of course, that still doesn't justify all of his actions. Then again, what she said was the penguindrum could have influenced him to lean more towards Sanetoshi's cause as well.
And of course, I could also be remembering wrong. . .
Then there's also the theory of multiple penguindrums. . . --
/rolls.

I think I'll just wait until the next episode lol.
I've always been more of just a watcher for this show.
/stupid theories.
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Dec 18, 2011 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
reira said:
all I can say is this :

LOLOLOL, but as funny as that, this pic is actually the closest one to illustrate the secret behind the Penguindrum. It's not simply mutual love, as in between a boy and a girl. No, it's way deeper. It's a concept of sharing help and support with the one dear to you be it a family member, a lover, a friend, or anyone else. It's a concept of uniting together and working as a single entity when something is not achievable alone. Only if Shouma and Kamba support each other, only if they start working together, will the be able to amount to saving Himari.
I guess, hunting for the diary was initially there only to try and let Shou and Kan work in a team, but nevertheless they kinda failed, doing it mostly separately. And the further they went, the further they got separated from each other.
Looks like they've got the last chance to unite again. And considering the events of this episode, it's really hard to imagine how Shouma gonna reach to blind, lonely, and abandone Kamba. That's why I'm really looking forward to the next episode, to see how everybody unites and fight Sanetoshi, who's the only one to look united as those two black bunnies. Perhaps, they just have to get separated to make Sanetoshi disappear...

I also wonder what exactly happened 10 years ago, in 2001? This was the year when Masako and Kamba's father died and Kamba was adopted into Takakuras. This was also the year Shouma met Himari for the first time and she also got adopted into Takakuras. Suprisingly, 2011 is also a 10-year anniversary of the Tokyo Sky Metro. I've probably only now realised that TSM was also a symbol of the newborn family itself. And the TSM's slogan of the day in the episode 13 (this is where the 10th anniversary is mentioned) - "Rome wasn't build in a day" - means that it takes time to become a real family, to become true family. And this is probably what could also be meant by those boxes - 10 years ago, Shouma and Kamba were let out of their lonely cells to live together as a single united family, under the same roof. Himari was there for them as an Apple, as the one for whom their Love has got them United. Himari was the connection between the bad-ass Kamba and kind-hearted Shouma. Himari was the one who made it possible to depict a yin-yang out of Takakuras brothers. Just as Masako said in ep.13:
Masako in ep.13 said:
Brightness and Darkness must coexist.
When you shine a bright light on everything,
darkness will strike the brightness in reaction, without fail.

So now the two brothers have to realize that they have to unite for the sake of the world, for the sake of Himari, for the sake of everything. They must realize, that despite being so different, they won't be able to amount to anything without each other. They need each other.
Dec 18, 2011 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
Are we sure Kanba always wanted to hug Shouma and that it wasn't that Kanba always wanted to shoot him?
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 19, 2011 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
-yoru_piano- said:
Wow i love this anime its so deep soo mysterious

anyways, hurray for shouma x ringo moment and last epi :(

no survival strategy for a long time D:

Hiis expression seemed like he was in shock during Masako's scene (Last thing he knew, she was fine because he had jumped in front of her - and here she was, dying.) Sanetoshi saved her pretty quickly though so he didn't have more time to react. He loves her enough to jump in front of a bullet for her, so I had no problem with his reaction.
Dec 19, 2011 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
I honestly have no idea how this will end.
They probably need to bring the hats together or something kldjaskldj
(maybe they will make a new diary and ringo uses that..? Since ringo has to do something next ep.. idk about this theory..probably not :$)
Dec 19, 2011 5:49 PM

Jun 2010
Meepy said:
@25 stations-episode count stuff:

I think it's going like this;
They start at the first station then move to the next each episode. . . so episode one started at station one and moved to station two. Episode two moved to station three. Which means that episode twenty-four would move to station twenty-five.
I never really paid attention to the station stuff, though.

Actually, that does sound like a likely idea, in it's entirety. I now very much want this to happen.
Dec 19, 2011 6:49 PM
Jul 2011
... Does no one care about what's going to happen to the penguins :O
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Dec 20, 2011 4:56 AM

Jun 2008
@soulelle: i dont think shouma or Kanba are dead, i think they are alive but somehow possessed by the ghosts of Sanetoshi and Momoka. We see the bunnies (Sanetoshi) entering in Kanba´s shadow. As for Shouma, only after being through a near death experience, he was able to hear Momoka. The fact that Shou and Kan were born in the same day that Momoka/Sanetoshi died, might mean they got something from them, and only together they are able to save the "world".

Rant: In terms of meaning, i would say that the only way to do it is to get the two enemies (Momoka/Shou X Sanetoshi/Kanba) to realize love is bigger than hate, like Himari said to Shou that he has to find Kanba´s heart. since its Kanba who "hosts" Sanetoshi and Shou who "hosts" Momoka, its the brotherly love (penguindrum?) they have that will probably save everyone.

tagNickname55 said:
reira said:
all I can say is this :

^This +1

Oh yeah. Ive spent 22 episodes without thinking in yaoi, but this episode blew my mind, its inevitable XD Also Ikuhara stated one time that he dislikes straight pairings (the reason why he loves to put yuri hints everywhere) so he might go for shounen-ai this time. bless him, it would be the greatest troll ever.

anyway i dont know who to ship anymore. this never happened to me before.
did anyone noticed when Himari kissed Shouma, the "bride and groom" scene? it flowered! Which means Himari´s love has come to fruition? (Aka, Shou loves her back?). (because i remembered about her talk with Sanetoshi about love, kisses and fruits).

anyway, although it pains me, i doubt we will get couples at the end. I think it all will resume to family and friendship bonds.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 20, 2011 7:12 AM

Jun 2011
Orulyon said:
so he might go for shounen-ai this time. bless him, it would be the greatest troll ever.

Oh, no! I'm absolutely fine with homosexual couples, but I don't find shounen-ai/yaoi beautiful (even though I'm a girl that "should" like it). And this will pretty be the very end - romantic love between Shouma and Kanba is too unnatural, and such a twist is way too narrow-minded. -_-
Dec 20, 2011 7:24 AM

Jun 2011
Orulyon said:
did anyone noticed when Himari kissed Shouma, the "bride and groom" scene? it flowered! Which means Himari´s love has come to fruition? (Aka, Shou loves her back?). (because i remembered about her talk with Sanetoshi about love, kisses and fruits).

This IS interesting. Moreover, I've always thought that this scene from the opening was actually with Kanba.

I don't think Shouma's fallen for Himari all of a sudden, she's on the verge of death after all. Moreover, I think that we'll see romantic feelings only between Shouma and Ringo. This looks natural.

Or maybe we won't have anything like that. One of the central themes of Penguindrum is Love itself, not just falling for smb and creating couples/love triangles. I like some couples, but I've never been shipping anyone, it doesn't make sense to me. All the feelings shown to us in the anime are already beautiful.

I'm so afraid. I'll be crying so much if the final is ruined. I hope for an unusual and bittersweet ending, like in Madoka Magica rather than just "save all the people with Power of Love, win over Destiny and let everyone be happy in the new world lolololol!". :/ The final has to live up to the plot itself!

Also, I don't think Shouma or Kanba are dead. We've seen what happened to actually dead Masako, right? Esmeralda just softly vanished, and very quickly (now penguins TOTALLY remind me of daemons in Pullman's His Dark Materials o.o), she didn't even go "a bit transparent" like Himari's #3. And both Kanba's and Shouma's penguins are just fine.

And what's up with that "destiny express"? Haven't the two of them met up in another regular train where Kanba was leaving his bombs?

Bombs are disturbing, btw. I'd certainly feel uneasy if suspicious guys in black clothes were leaving rather big and evil-looking teddies that sound like ticking bombs. -_-

Btw, did Ringo survive?
Dec 20, 2011 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
My reaction to this episode.

Hoping for shounen-ai ending, been waiting for this for 23 episodes! Don't you disappoint me, Ikuhara. D:
Dec 20, 2011 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
When will people get it's not about couples and not actually even about homosexual/incest pairings? I know that everybody has got one's own opinion, but people, sometimes you just get so annoying! -_-

A very interesting interview: http://penguindrum.livejournal.com/44413.html

The LAST PHRASE: "And lastly: the "Penguindrum" is not an abstract concept, but something that will actually appear. Look forward to seeing it".

So it's REAL. Now I'm totally psyched!
Dec 20, 2011 10:16 AM

Jun 2008
StarryKite said:
When will people get it's not about couples and not actually even about homosexual/incest pairings? I know that everybody has got one's own opinion, but people, sometimes you just get so annoying! -_-

A very interesting interview: http://penguindrum.livejournal.com/44413.html

The LAST PHRASE: "And lastly: the "Penguindrum" is not an abstract concept, but something that will actually appear. Look forward to seeing it".

So it's REAL. Now I'm totally psyched!

Thanks for the link;)

Hum a Madoka end would be great, but...too...
i guess. If Ikuhara follows SailorMoon route, an anime in which he worked, then...we will get the

yes, Ringo is alive (thanks goodness!). the only one who is on the verge of death is still Himari T_T

ill cry too, not if the end is ruined but because ill miss this show so muchhhhhhhhh ;_;

hum...well, let us dream, ofc we know this wont be shounen-ai/shoujo-ai end, my apologies to all, dont take it wrong, but we are all free to share our opinions arent we?;) just like u expressed yours. if we are annoying, just skip our "shounen ai, incest"quotes and read the other text next "^.^

aoumi said:
My reaction to this episode.

let me say that...that pic is just ... cuteness overload!!!*.*
LOL, we dont need a BL end, this episode just had plenty *A* but hell, im so divided between Shouma x Ringo or Shouma x Himari that im starting to root for Kanba x Shouma. They were so cute, that "brotherly" hug was amazing XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 20, 2011 10:28 AM

Jun 2011
I apologize then. It's just Penguindrum is seriously on the verge of being a masterpiece and I'm really scared that the final'll betray us. o.o

I guess I'll have to stop watch anime then. Nothing better will ever appear, no? ^^'
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.