Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2011 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP. The episode already starts off heavy. Apparently she got the role in the play. I guess after her experience she can act better. Haruka's eyes look souless now lol. Miki comes to talk some sense into Haruka...

Quick insert of Honey Heartbeat. Kind of out of place lol. Everyone is trying to carry on with work...

Haruka is lying in her bed suffering. It reminds me of Chihaya episode 4. Haruka goes out and runs into Touma from Jupiter. They show Producer and he's all bandaged up lol. He really got messed up from that fall. Chihaya visits him. Then everyone manages to gather for a practice session. Haruka is passing by some children and they all start singing Jibun restart. It's cute. They all look like everyone at 765 pro. Miki arrives at the lesson and there's an insert song with Haruka, I think it's new.

Haruka goes completely insane and kidnaps a child version of herself, which then grows into an adult version and gives her a piece of candy. lol. Everyone leaves a message on the TV for Haruka and she rushes to go meet them. The ending is Massugu with everyone singing. She runs to everyone in the Production just like the OP.
Dec 15, 2011 9:56 AM

Oct 2010
Didnt expect that im@s is gonna be this tearful...
Hard to see haruka who is always cheerful to be this...
Good that everything is alright now.
Let's just hoe for a big big nice finale :3
Dec 15, 2011 9:56 AM

Oct 2007
I knew they didn't have the balls to kill off broducer. Miki's still a bitch.
Dec 15, 2011 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
Plot armor saves another hero, I know Producer was not going to die but he broke every bone in his body.

More inspiration from past self as well similar to Chihaya's arc.

Haruka in that depressive state made me cry but I'm glad she'll be coming back like Chihaya.

Finale is going to be awesome.

Dec 15, 2011 2:56 PM

Nov 2010
Favorite quotes (well more like scenes xD)~
----------------------------------------------------
Haruka acting "(It was like a dream) Was it a dream, those days of happiness? Just where? (Time keeps quickly passes by, while leaving me behind by myself.) What should I do?! Just what should I?! I don't- know. I just don't know! (I have to do my best... I have to do my best... right?) No matter how cold, will I face my dream again? Yes, I trusted in it. Time quickly passes... while leaving me behind by myself. Just what... should I do? Just what.... should... I?... I don't know. I just don't know..."

Miki "Haruka, you're being selfish. Haruka, you're the main role. If you're gone, everyone will have to stop. 'I will defnitely get that role' Miki felt that way. I was serious, but Haruka's acting was more amazing. That's why I gave up! Haruka, you're going to throw that away!?"

Haruka "I... I also.. want to do my best. I.. was happy I got that role... But with the way things are, everyone... I beg you, if it's just until the end of the live. Not just me, everyone... Everyone practice together..."

Ritsuko "Haruka, don't be unreasonable. To suddenly take a break, that's-"

Haruka "I will prostrate and apologize to all the staff. When the live ends, all of the jobs I will work, no, I will work three times harder. That's why, that's why I-!"

Miki "Haruka, what happened to you? Haruka, you're acting strange... Haruka, you're not happy about becoming an idol?... The TV, Radio, and many other things where you can shine, you're not having fun?"

Haruka "No that's not..."

Miki "Are you really telling the truth?"

Haruka "Eh..."

Miki "Haruka... you don't look like you're having fun at all. If you were enjoying it, you wouldn't have make such a face..."

Haruka "Ah.... Did I make that strange of a face...? Heh.. Oh no.. That's strange... I was having fun... I should be having fun... When did this happen?... That's weird... But I... I just... with everyone.. Huh.... What just happened...? I wonder what happened...? I don't know... I don't get it."

Child Haruka"Yep, When I get older, I want to become an idol. When I become an Idol, then I will have fun singing with everyone!"

Miki "It felt like I would get lost. Miki had fun with idol work, because I could shine and get excited. That's why I only kept looking forward and kept running, but then I realized. If I kept going like this, I might lose sight of where I am. Wherever I go, I can have a place where I can say "I'm back", because there are people there smiling to me. It's because the people there smile."

------------------------------------------------
Those lines really tugged my heartstrings~ I really liked it when Haruka poured her own feelings into the main role. It felt really sweet when Chihaya was getting advice on the producer while saying that an important family of hers (765 Pro) was falling apart, and the producer gives advice (not quite sure if he realized Chihaya was actually talking about 765 Pro) and pushes Chihaya to do what she needs.
kuroikishiDec 15, 2011 4:49 PM
Dec 15, 2011 6:40 PM

May 2011
So used to always seeing Haruka cheerful and smiling never in a depressed state.

Just loved that insert song さよならをありがとう「Thank you for Goodbye」

Can't wait for the finale!!! Looking forward to their performances!
Dec 16, 2011 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
I like that they used Haruka's struggle as a retrospective for the entire series. The recap scenes from the ED reminded of some nice moments. I don't know how to put this, but they handled Haruka's breakdown pretty well; it wasn't exaggerated. The script that made Chihaya's depression episode great returned for a stellar performance here.

Also, I have more respect for Miki now. She learned something from Haruka.

If the 765PRO ALLSTARS were in elementary school...

I can't decide which is cuter! Chibi Chihaya or chibi Haruka?

vs.
arsonalDec 16, 2011 4:30 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Dec 16, 2011 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the Producer live!! predictable but still it could be a good plot twist if he die but o well at least he broke almost all the bones of the body.

Seeing Haruka so depress made me sad is hard when you dont know what you want to do anymore i think everyone has been there,Chihaya took this time the spot of Haruka and bring everyone together it was nice seeing everyone together calling for Haruka :)

Also Mikki advance a little being less bitchy that was nice as i like her like that.

Next week the big concert let see what last emotions the last episode bring us!
arsonal said:

I can't decide which is cuter! Chibi Chihaya or chibi Haruka?

mmmmmmm can i choose both?!? sooo hard to decide!
raxius1230Dec 16, 2011 4:31 AM
Dec 16, 2011 5:01 AM

Aug 2010
I had to hold back the waterworks a little during this episode.
Dec 16, 2011 5:59 AM

Apr 2011
I'll have both lolis please! XD

Good to know Haruka is back to her normal self.
Dec 16, 2011 7:20 AM

Jan 2010
Glad to see Haruka back to normal > w <

But NOOOO I don't want this to end yet. D:
Dec 16, 2011 10:12 AM

Dec 2011
Jeez, I can't believe it's already the end of iM@S. It felt like 24 episodes (8 full hours of my life!) flashed by so quickly. And some really nice drama towards the end, with Chihaya and Haruka's arcs.

Seriously not what I expected when I first picked this up.
Dec 16, 2011 10:12 AM

Jul 2010
Next episodes the last :(

And Miki wasn't the bitch that i expected
back to ma favourites now :D
Dec 16, 2011 11:30 AM

Jul 2010
Haruka got a serious case of post-trauma. It was pretty sad to see the always so happy and positive Haruka like that. Slowly but surely her fear of 765 Pro falling apart is becoming a reality and she started doubting her being an idol on top of that.

I love how Chihaya is now trying to help Haruka in return for what she did for her when Chihaya had her own family issues. First we had little Chihaya's appearance and now Haruka’s! The end was so heartwarming too. Looking forward to the big performance.

Dec 16, 2011 12:24 PM

Aug 2011
just loved this episode, i think haruka has become my fav idolm@sters character now... damn, i just loved this episode!!!
Dec 16, 2011 12:34 PM
Dec 2007
And they realized they were being selfish only when the directors and staff hogging them started suggesting they didn't need 765 Pro anymore (Seriously, if Miki had accepted the solo replacement for their All-Stars show she'd have completelt betrayed the rest of them). Interesting how Ritsuko cared so little about the Live Concert she didn't care if they were sloppy so long as the concert was done and not cancelled.

Dec 16, 2011 12:49 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't want this to end!
Dec 16, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
OH MY FUCKIN GAWSH.

Nothing can destroy the muthafuckin DANKETSU! NOTHING!

flippin awesome episode. Cannot wait for the finale!

also, chibi Haruka hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. All the chibis in this ep hhhhhhnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Dec 16, 2011 1:23 PM

Jul 2009
She just ran away from all the little kids.
Now that kids, is a crazy person.
Dec 16, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
destructo22 said:

I was hoping "Danketsu" would appear in this episode, but I guess not. :(

Dec 16, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
OH MY FUCKIN..that would have been sick!

Maybe in the final ep! :D
Dec 16, 2011 2:57 PM

Jun 2011
:3 Aw, I'm glad Haruka is back to herself. I actually burst into tears around the end at the same time she did, just when the others were calling for her.

T.T NOOOOOOOOO, IT ENDS NEXT WEEK! But I love it too much, it can't end yet!
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 16, 2011 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
I really liked the emotion in this episode, and i think this arc was a pretty good 'end' to the show after all. Of course we still have the last one...
Dec 16, 2011 4:58 PM

Apr 2007
Meh.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 16, 2011 7:45 PM

Aug 2011
Great episode...really fitting for the 2nd to last one. Didnt disappoint like many others which enter the closing moments.
Dec 16, 2011 8:05 PM

Oct 2010
Good episode.
While I liked the emotion in this episode, I'm also glad the depressing stuff is done with. The end of the episode was probably the best part for me. I liked seeing that they all still wanted to stick together, it shows how much they all care for each other.
It's been shown they do a lot through the series, but I can't help but to think it's touching each time.

I can't wait to see the last episode, but I'm sad this series is ending.
Dec 16, 2011 11:26 PM

Jan 2011
arsonal said:
destructo22 said:

I never heard that version of the song, just the Katamari version.

But yeah, when you heard the word, I know it had to spark in everyone's head.....

Oh well, no Vegetable-san... but we do have the next best thing: bed-ridden handicapped Producer-san.
Dec 17, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
LOVED Haruka in this episode!!
This series is SOOOO Under-RATED!!!

BTW.....Here's the version of "Danketsu" I know of:

I wish someone would do a VOCALOID type concert with the IDOLM@STER cast!!
And, if they did this song with ALL of them together on stage.....
THAT WOULD BE CRAZY COOL!!!!!
FifthAveSenseiDec 17, 2011 1:20 AM
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Dec 17, 2011 2:20 AM

Aug 2009
What a cliche way to end a plot. Hey, that sounds just like Idolm@ster. Haruka is just too godly, her emotional damage is fixed automatically unlike Chihaya the mental failure.
Dec 17, 2011 2:45 AM
Oct 2010
Delirium Tremens from fraternization withdrawal? XD

Or maybe she forgot to eat at all...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 17, 2011 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
RamenSoup43 said:

Danketsu 2010 is the updated version of the song that includes Hibiki and Takane and also modifies everyone's introductions, probably to promote IDOLM@STER 2 before it was released. This is the long version, which has a bridge that splits the individual introductions more.

arsonalDec 17, 2011 3:34 AM
Dec 17, 2011 3:45 AM

Jun 2011
Wow i really didnt expect to cry when i first picked up this series and next week is the final OMG IT FELT LIKE ITS ONLY BEEN A MONTH. Anyways im sure im gonna cry next week cause this is a really good anime.
Dec 17, 2011 6:34 AM

Aug 2010
I was pretty sure Idolm@ster would not go as far as murdering its characters, so I expected Broducer-san to survive.

When Miki of all people started her little speech I could have slapped her, I have come to hate her so much during the show's run. Well, at least they crammed a little character development into her at the very last moment.

CHIHAYA TO THE RESCUE! I knew she would come and save the day, she is still my favorite idol. A real idol at that.

I admit the chibi-Haruka part made me a bit teary-eyed, even though I'm not that big of a fan of this show. Well done. 4/5.
Dec 17, 2011 9:25 AM

May 2011
Kisaragi saved the day. And I expect pro-san to have more screen time in the next episode(you hear his voice at the end). Harurun's getting more better. Kisaragi talking with Pro-san..that moment was epic..i believe because she is like the "big sister" of the family. Can't wait for the finale.
Dec 17, 2011 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
arsonal said:
RamenSoup43 said:

Danketsu 2010 is the updated version of the song that includes Hibiki and Takane and also modifies everyone's introductions, probably to promote IDOLM@STER 2 before it was released. This is the long version, which has a bridge that splits the individual introductions more.

Darn though... I kinda miss the "Ami/Mami" part but Takane and Hibiki added is great. Still though, the original had a better flow to the song. This version sounds choppy in a sense.
Dec 17, 2011 3:35 PM

Aug 2008
Who knew rofl

Dec 17, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
destructo22 said:
Who knew rofl

This Episode made me teared up a little. :D

Part where the Little kids and then the big screen announcement got me.
kaimaxDec 17, 2011 4:18 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 17, 2011 7:11 PM
Dec 2011
Lesson - 24 :

"Danketsu > Career"

Haruka who always save the days, now being saved. What an epic episode! :D
Dec 17, 2011 9:55 PM

Sep 2010
Wingroad said:

Haruka who always save the days, now being saved. What an epic episode! :D

^This

At first I was ready to yell at Miki when she said Haruka was being selfish (because I completely disagree).At the end, it was good to see it all work out for them. Haruka still reigns as my favorite idol of the show.

The next episode will be bittersweet since the show is ending and I really want to see some more IDOLM@STER. There's still the OVA, but another season would really make me happy.

Please let there be enough DVD/BD sales for there to be another season.
Dec 18, 2011 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
HikariNatsumi said:
Please let there be enough DVD/BD sales for there to be another season.

I really doubt it though, since the Idols are already famous. I would find it stupid if it adopts the "Shonen battle" theme LOL.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 18, 2011 7:59 PM
Nov 2011
This episode made me think that we all probably have a Haruka inside, since we all have a family that we don't want to see separated, that's what I saw in the rest of the girls.

I was convinced that Miki whould hate Haruka for Producer's accident, it didn't happen but I'm happy about it, since it showed that Miki could be a little selfish on her work, but not too much to break Haruka more than she was, Miki ended feeling more part of the 765 family than before. Honestly I was a little surprised that the accident didn't leave more sequels.

I loved the scene with the kids, and Haruka meeting with her younger-her was epic.

BTW, is this some kind of ad for the extra episode on next summer?
http://www.idolmaster-anime.jp/mobile/img/bg_mobile.png
Mau-KunDec 18, 2011 8:12 PM
Dec 19, 2011 4:44 AM

Oct 2007
Mau-Kun said:
This episode made me think that we all probably have a Haruka inside, since we all have a family that we don't want to see separated, that's what I saw in the rest of the girls.

I was convinced that Miki whould hate Haruka for Producer's accident, it didn't happen but I'm happy about it, since it showed that Miki could be a little selfish on her work, but not too much to break Haruka more than she was, Miki ended feeling more part of the 765 family than before. Honestly I was a little surprised that the accident didn't leave more sequels.

I loved the scene with the kids, and Haruka meeting with her younger-her was epic
Couldn't Have Said It Better.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 20, 2011 5:21 AM

Sep 2011
One of the top episodes in my opinion. Chibi-Haruka is cute as hell. And yeah, she or Chibi-Chihaya, I can't decide.

Next episode's gonna be the last. Don't want it to end T_T
Dec 20, 2011 10:43 PM
Jun 2011
cr4sian_phil said:
I knew they didn't have the balls to kill off broducer. Miki's still a bitch.

You are cruel that you'd wish death upon him. For all he's done for them you wuld have him die? For all of Haruka's good intent you'd leave her to suffer with that for the rest of her existance?
And for no reason greater than a grudge against Miki?

It may be fiction, but have a damn heart will ya?
IdolMaster thrives on unity, not tragedy. If you want to see people suffer, watch Grave of the Fireflies.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Dec 20, 2011 10:43 PM
Jun 2011
arsonal said:
destructo22 said:

Maybe the last episode will have it.
That could work.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

Dec 20, 2011 10:58 PM
Jun 2011
This
Onyxthegreat said:
Haruka got a serious case of post-trauma. It was pretty sad to see the always so happy and positive Haruka like that. Slowly but surely her fear of 765 Pro falling apart is becoming a reality and she started doubting her being an idol on top of that.

I love how Chihaya is now trying to help Haruka in return for what she did for her when Chihaya had her own family issues. First we had little Chihaya's appearance and now Haruka’s! The end was so heartwarming too. Looking forward to the big performance.

This is a quote I can get behind.
Someone who understood them. The reason Chihaya and Haruka are always together is because they are the only ones who can pull the other out of a complete emotional meltdown.

I can sympathize with Haruka, 765 is only as good as its unity. They lost their way, Haruka was trying desperately to juggle her work and keeping them from falling apart completely and destroying what made them, themselves.
That's why I never wanted to see her cry, and why I'm glad I stuck around to see Chihaya become strong enough to make her small wish come true.

(Were I to narrate my full thoughts, my feelings are the same as those I hold toward Sister Princess and Clannad)

Dec 22, 2011 7:52 PM
Jul 2011
Leon-Gun said:
And they realized they were being selfish only when the directors and staff hogging them started suggesting they didn't need 765 Pro anymore

On the bright side, a lot of people in real life didn't even get it at that point. The list of bands being torn apart like that is endless.

Leon-Gun said:
Interesting how Ritsuko cared so little about the Live Concert she didn't care if they were sloppy so long as the concert was done and not cancelled.

That irritated me a bit, too. It generally felt a little contrived how almost everyone cared so little about that concert that they basically sabotaged it. It's an official and announced event, and if they would've continued like that they would've alienated a lot of fans with an awkward performance (which would hurt their solo careers, too). A pro like Ritsuko should kick their asses before that happens.

All in all I'm happy they fixed all that broken stuff so thoroughly. Chihaya even gained some additional sympathy points with me and I might actually be able to stand Miki again. Haruka will most likely end up being my favorite - she's such a nice and caring person :-)
kyo-236Dec 23, 2011 5:56 AM
Dec 23, 2011 3:12 AM

Sep 2008
I enjoyed seeing Producer in his hospitalized state.
Jupiter is amazing as always.
Haruka is still obviously the best girl of the group; everyone is too dumb to ever see her intentions.

All is right in the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2011 11:12 PM

Feb 2011
next stage gonna be last stage
Dec 28, 2011 5:45 AM

Sep 2010
Wasn't Haruka practically hallucinating?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jul 14, 2011

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

192 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 9:22 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Niyawa - Nov 10, 2011

65 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 8, 10:51 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.