Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Guilty Crown Episode 10 Discussion


Dec 18, 2011 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32304
ShortTermCrook said:
I liked the destruction going on, so I gave it a 2.
only one more episode till its over, embrace that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 18, 2011 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.
i dont really think that it applies to this show, real clusterfucks are shows like garzey's wing, metropolis, or the 2nd half of eva
This is a clusterfuck. End of story.

And you're saying the second half of Eva was one? LOL. At least it adheared to an actual plot, had consistent characters, and didn't try to cram every cliche to ever exist into its runtime. It set trends--it didn't follow them.
 
Dec 18, 2011 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 300
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ShortTermCrook said:
I liked the destruction going on, so I gave it a 2.
only one more episode till its over, embrace that


Nope! This is 22 episodes.
 
Dec 18, 2011 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1769
Honestly, in episode 11, I'm hoping for four things.

1. Ayase or Gai to pull an epic Big damn heroes moment.

2. For Shu to go antivillain (type 2 up.)

3. An actual, good explanation as to why Inori suddenly expresses her feelings for Shu. Seriously, I'd like her if there was more content on that.

4. Moar spinning Segai. That was so epic and fun to watch. I'M SENDING YOU TO HEAAAVVVEEEN~~~

Also, I'd really appreciate it if Daryl won a fight for once. So far, that 'annihilator' moniker is just for show. I'd appreciate a little more 'killing' and 'destroying' on Daryl's part. Killing a few incompetent mooks and a cancerous isn't.... well, a lot to hang your hat on. Not unless all the Japanese are somehow all hyper competent.

They could cut the show in half (as in, the next episode being the last) and even one of these would be redeeming. Since this episode happened, I've become complexed. Generally, I didn't walk into expecting much, but...
Modified by Lauriet, Dec 18, 2011 10:25 AM
 
Dec 18, 2011 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 68
I think if Shu ever get to extract his own void they're going to be antidepressive pills, lol.

But jokes aside, have anyone else watched the Epi 11 teaser?

Shu and his friends -with the exception of Haru- on that abandoned place looking at someone on the ground -most likely Haru (really think she'll end up dying)-.

Shu rushing over to the airport, using the shield void from that girl while the robot thingie drives.

Seems like he's finally going to get over with it.

Btw, here's the link of the teaser http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#10
Modified by andreyue, Dec 18, 2011 11:03 AM
 
Dec 18, 2011 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2461
Wow Shu, you're a complete asshole. And you're just stupid. I hate you.
 
Dec 18, 2011 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
andreyue said:
I think if Shu ever get to extract his own void they're going to be antidepressive pills, lol.

But jokes aside, have anyone else watched the Epi 11 teaser?

Shu and his friends -with the exception of Haru- on that abandoned place looking at someone on the ground -most likely Haru (really think she'll end up dying)-.

Shu rushing over to the airport, using the shield void from that girl while the robot thingie drives.

Seems like he's finally going to get over with it.

Btw, here's the link of the teaser http://www.guilty-crown.jp/story/#10


Video won't play for me :( I get some message in Japanese and it endlessly loads
 
Dec 18, 2011 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
STM said:
Wow Shu, you're a complete asshole. And you're just stupid. I hate you.
Probably the best comment in short of Shu in this episode that I really like.

Asshole for the Inori part and some with Hare.

Stupid for dealing with his problems this episode.

Am I right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Dec 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 248
i dont like how this series develops. Instead of getting imba mix of codegeass and death note or something completely new we get another shin(neon genesis) who is crying and just being emo all the damn time......
Hopefully it wont continue like this till the end
 
Dec 18, 2011 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32304
Anzekay said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
ShortTermCrook said:
I liked the destruction going on, so I gave it a 2.
only one more episode till its over, embrace that


Nope! This is 22 episodes.
nope thats the second season, its going on hiatus for god knows how long from then on out,

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 18, 2011 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32304
DraconisMarch said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.
i dont really think that it applies to this show, real clusterfucks are shows like garzey's wing, metropolis, or the 2nd half of eva
This is a clusterfuck. End of story.

And you're saying the second half of Eva was one? LOL. At least it adheared to an actual plot, had consistent characters, and didn't try to cram every cliche to ever exist into its runtime. It set trends--it didn't follow them.
ok lets not make it one of those discussion but dont even try to pretend eva's second half isnt a clusterfuck, you know your just lying when you say that, next thing your going to try and tell em its ending has some deep underlying meaning that you have to be smart to understand but in reality its just a bunch of plotholes that people put to much thought into it and you really cant use the no plot excuse now cause this episode it giving it a plot, and you cant say the excuse that eva had a plot faster cause thats just BS, the show didnt get a actually plot till about 3/5th into the show


if you want to continue this then message me cause heres not the place to discuss this

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 18, 2011 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 376
Shu was just annoying.

Animation was cool but plot was all messy.

I'm not even sure if 50% of this animation even makes sense

It was better when it just focused on conflict, instead of some weird pseudo science crap that just looked like magic
 
Dec 18, 2011 2:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
Oh I expected Shu hate in this thread. But not this much.

I have to agree with one thing though. The opening sequence with Shu running away screaming like a girl was kind of a facepalm moment xD

I actually liked this episode. The end was epic IMO. Can't wait for the next episode :)
 
Dec 18, 2011 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
Sir_Lexa said:
Oh I expected Shu hate in this thread. But not this much.

I have to agree with one thing though. The opening sequence with Shu running away screaming like a girl was kind of a facepalm moment xD

I actually liked this episode. The end was epic IMO. Can't wait for the next episode :)


This episode actually has some movement in the storyline. Still there needs to be a lot of explaination about the Apocalyspe Virus, in the coming episodes.

I said this earlier in this thread, Shu running away screaming should have been a huge Red Flag that something was wrong with him. Yet, everyone treats this as some sort of Act of Cowardiace on Shu's part. Despite the fact that Shu has been part of How many missions for Funeral Parlour? Carried out his part of the mission? Without running away?

All of the Shu Haters are going to go nuts.

Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 18, 2011 4:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 284
But just, why the heck, Inori has feelings for Shu?
This series is just fu*ked up. I dont get even what it is happening. I am just watching for the good animation.
Modified by alpatrose, Dec 18, 2011 4:36 PM
 
Dec 18, 2011 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
alpatrose said:
But just, why the heck, Inori has feelings for Shu?
This series is just fu*ked up. I dont get even it is happening. I am just watching for art.


Inori has little or no emotional range and experience. It was Gai that ascribed what she was experiencing/feeling as being 'Love'. This was in response to her asking Gai, if she was a 'Monster'. Which is what Shu called her, after having that little flashback, when she came near him.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 18, 2011 4:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 78
I hate Inori and Gai soooooooo much it's unreal. Anyways, I'm so glad bad stuff starting happening to Funeral Parlor. Let the bad guys prosper!!
 
Dec 18, 2011 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 176
I like Hare. That's why I like this episode.

Shu pulled a Refrain. I enjoyed that.

Nao, ShuxHare pl0x.

Moar.
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
PeKan said:
I like Hare. That's why I like this episode.

Shu pulled a Refrain. I enjoyed that.

Nao, ShuxHare pl0x.

Moar.


Hare really stood by Shu in this episode. And did so without letting him use her. It would have been nice if their conversation had been played out a little more. She also hit the nail on the head, part of Shu's problem is that he has lost sight of who he is, really is. Shu sort of said that himself, when he was talking to Ayase. Of course it doesn't help that most of Funeral Parlour views him as some sort of special case, more of a burden then anything else, except for the power of the Void Genome, wich they need. Gai clearly does, despite their childhood connection, which he remembers, but Shu doesn't.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 19, 2011 1:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
In my opinion this episode was a hit and miss.

The Good:

-The Flashbacks that Shu had seemed interesting.
-Shu not acting all badass but really being traumatized by the events with the "brother"
-The villains were awesome, atleast Segai xD
-Hare not letting Shu use her as an Inori substitute.
-The new guy with the eye brows seems interesting

The Bad:

Even though the new stories seem interesting, they just keep pumping new stories without explaining the previous ones. And if you're slow as me, you won't be able to follow the story when there's 500 things going on at the same time.
 
Dec 19, 2011 1:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 68
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
Modified by andreyue, Dec 19, 2011 1:54 AM
 
Dec 19, 2011 2:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
andreyue said:
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
OH NO. YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME.

...Oh wait. I forgot the part where I didn't give a fuck.
 
Dec 19, 2011 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
DraconisMarch said:
andreyue said:
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
OH NO. YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME.

...Oh wait. I forgot the part where I didn't give a fuck.


okay then. So you're not gonna watch it then? ;)
 
Dec 19, 2011 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 68
Sir_Lexa said:
DraconisMarch said:
andreyue said:
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
OH NO. YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME.

...Oh wait. I forgot the part where I didn't give a fuck.


okay then. So you're not gonna watch it then? ;)

They can't whine and cry about it without having watched, which btw is a pretty good way to make something go bad (I'LL WATCH ALL YOUR EPISODES JUST TO PROVE HOW BAD YOU ARE!!11!!!!)
 
Dec 19, 2011 3:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 248
andreyue said:
Sir_Lexa said:
DraconisMarch said:
andreyue said:
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
OH NO. YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME.

...Oh wait. I forgot the part where I didn't give a fuck.


okay then. So you're not gonna watch it then? ;)

They can't whine and cry about it without having watched, which btw is a pretty good way to make something go bad (I'LL WATCH ALL YOUR EPISODES JUST TO PROVE HOW BAD YOU ARE!!11!!!!)


I think you got drac wrong, atleast i understood it differently.
He doesnt give a fuck because there is no emotional binding to the characters.
If you watched Code Geass try to remember the death of a certain side character and try to remember how you reacted/felt-> i was shocked/sad :( but wont have the same reaction here.

Imo Guilty Crown has/had much potential but for the time being it is only a flashy anime with a whiney brat. Lets hope that will change after the next episode.
Modified by Oldy, Dec 19, 2011 3:30 AM
 
Dec 19, 2011 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1769
Sir_Lexa said:
I have to agree with one thing though. The opening sequence with Shu running away screaming like a girl was kind of a facepalm moment xD


AHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA...... yeah. That was pretty facepalm worthy.

Sir_Lexa said:

-The villains were awesome, atleast Segai xD


Again, "I'M SENDING YOU TO HEAVVVEEEEN~~~~!".

I seriously need a .GIF of that momnt. lmao.


also, yeah, I can see Hare dying. Whole part of Killing off the hypertenuse and all so they creators can have their Inoshu. I can also see them killing off Ayase for the same reason....

Sir_Lexa said:

okay then. So you're not gonna watch it then? ;)


I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'm starting to get use to Drac..... I actually don't see an issue with him staying around, since he seems intent on staying for at least another episode. So the anime can't be that bad, right~?

*shot*
 
Dec 19, 2011 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3262
Otsdarva said:
I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'm starting to get use to Drac..... I actually don't see an issue with him staying around, since he seems intent on staying for at least another episode. So the anime can't be that bad, right~?

*shot*


I don't mind him either. He's just stating his opinion.
As long as he doesn't insult and belittle other people that is :)
 
Dec 19, 2011 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1769
Sir_Lexa said:
Otsdarva said:
I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'm starting to get use to Drac..... I actually don't see an issue with him staying around, since he seems intent on staying for at least another episode. So the anime can't be that bad, right~?

*shot*


I don't mind him either. He's just stating his opinion.
As long as he doesn't insult and belittle other people that is :)


I bet he's just tsundere, anyways. Let's try to crack 'em open and get to his dere-dere side. ;D

"You fucking morons! I-it isn't l-l-like I wanna talk about G-guilty crown with you or anything...."
 
Dec 19, 2011 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 339
Qashqai said:
Man, this really gives me Eureka 7 vibe... Well, it gave it from the start. That's why I still believe it'll get awesome, even though it's pretty mediocre so far. I hope Shu gets some cool character development...


Yeah if anything this show is kinda like Eureka. The only thing guilty crown has in common with code geass is the setting. I guess it's kinda like if you took eureka seven and put it in a world like code geass.

The episode got really awesome after the halfway mark. I've always thought this show had potential and it seems well finally see that soon, since so far it's been pretty average story wise.
 
Dec 19, 2011 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Oldy said:
andreyue said:
Sir_Lexa said:
DraconisMarch said:
andreyue said:
Btw, i think Hare will die on next episode.

Kinda Obvious She's the one on Shu's arms.
OH NO. YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME.

...Oh wait. I forgot the part where I didn't give a fuck.


okay then. So you're not gonna watch it then? ;)

They can't whine and cry about it without having watched, which btw is a pretty good way to make something go bad (I'LL WATCH ALL YOUR EPISODES JUST TO PROVE HOW BAD YOU ARE!!11!!!!)


I think you got drac wrong, atleast i understood it differently.
He doesnt give a fuck because there is no emotional binding to the characters.
If you watched Code Geass try to remember the death of a certain side character and try to remember how you reacted/felt-> i was shocked/sad :( but wont have the same reaction here.

Imo Guilty Crown has/had much potential but for the time being it is only a flashy anime with a whiney brat. Lets hope that will change after the next episode.
Thank you for understanding. But really, don't get your hopes up. We got nothing but shit after episode 2, until episode 9 came along and was good, and people were happy. But then, this. They'll try really hard to make you feel sad, but will fail, since Hare still isn't a character.

Otsdarva said:
I can't beleive I'm saying this, but I'm starting to get use to Drac..... I actually don't see an issue with him staying around, since he seems intent on staying for at least another episode. So the anime can't be that bad, right~?

*shot*
Uh... thanks? =P

I'm only still here because of its potential to be good. If this were any other show where no such potential was visible, I would've dropped it after... like... 4-5 episodes. They throw a ton of money at this, and I want to see if it'll actually do something in the end.

...And if it doesn't get better, at least I can point and laugh at the fail.
 
Dec 19, 2011 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 413
true enemies appears
nice cliffhanging
 
Dec 19, 2011 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 68
I'm starting to think that even Shu was a Laboratory Guinea Pig.

Remember when Gai said Shu his Void Genon was 1 of 3 They were able to produce.

Inori, Shu, Gai.

Haruka sure don't appear to be his biological mother, and when she refers to the other dead scientist dude as "father", it may be be with the same intent as creator, since Haruka was a student of his.

With the Visual Novel "Lost Christmas" lauching next year (with:

A guy that looks exactly as actual Shu on 2029 -this one isn't a crybaby tough-;


A girl that looks exactly like Inori nowdays , with short hair;


And a another girl that is basically the feminine version of Gai;


it reinforces the theory that they where lab raised, probably clones.
Modified by andreyue, Dec 19, 2011 1:17 PM
 
Dec 19, 2011 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32304
andreyue said:
I'm starting to think that even Shu was a Laboratory Guinea Pig.

Remember when Gai said Shu hid Void Genon was 1 of 3 They were able to produce.

Inori, Shu, Gai.

Haruka sure don't appear to be his biological mother, and when she refers to the other dead scientist dude as "father", it may be be with the same intent as creator, since Haruka was a student of his.

With the Visual Novel "Lost Christmas" lauching next year (with a guy that looks exactly as actual Shu on 2029
) it reinforces the theory that they where lab raised.
well that puts my incest worries about shu and inori to rest.

also i just noticed something, shu fucked up so bad he gave inori feelings, thats just how bad he fucked up this ep

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 19, 2011 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 68
well that puts my incest worries about shu and inori to rest.

also i just noticed something, shu fucked up so bad he gave inori feelings, thats just how bad he fucked up this episode.


At least this explains why she actually has no real feelings .

I so do think the Apocalypse Virus is a side effect from people who're not compatible with Void Genome, because if you look closely, the voids Shu pulls out of people are basically the Apocalypse Virus crystals that breaks and form things.

If it's not the case, at least bth are related closely (if you notice Daryl's comment on 9th "-The reading from both -Jun and Shu- are the same!-".
Modified by andreyue, Dec 19, 2011 1:51 PM
 
Dec 19, 2011 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Shu you piece of crap for doing that to Inori and Hare, better redeem yourself next episode.

Omg all hell just broke loose, what is this I don't even. Complete plot twist and here comes Lost Christmas Part II, wow didn't see this coming. Keldo turns out to be the mastermind of everything, wonder what in the world his intentions are. Hmm looks like only certain people get infected with it, wonder what the req is.

Inori seems to be some sort of clone? or she's got something that's from Shu's sister. Gai's got something to do with her (romantically?) and it seems like she chose Shu over him as Inori is now repeating the same thing. Now with this same sound, she's going nuts over the sister. Ugh I wanna know what's going to happen next so badly. So many questions right now.
 
Dec 19, 2011 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
It's too bad that we are glossing over, WHY Shu is freaking out. He freaks out 3 times in this episode and has a nightmare. The Shu Haters chalk this up to him being a coward, a pussy. The Shu defenders, or those that don't Hate Shu, chalk it up to PTSD. Actually it's more then PTSD from Killing Jun.

The first Freak Out is at the begining of the Episode. This is probably the first time that Shu has drawn a Void since episode 9. He attempts to draw Inori's Void. As he does so, he remembers the events of the last episode, which makes him pause, draw back. With time running out, Inori tries to help Shu draw her void, by taking his hand and pressing it to her chest. Which only makes matters worse, by forcing him to relive what he saw and did when he killed Jun. This causes Shu to freak out, and run away, screaming.

Then there is the Nightmare. Shu dreams of a Girl who looks like Inori, she asks if he loves her, asks him to promise to make her happy, the two of them trapped in a burning church, the girl turning into crystal, being consumed by the Apocalyspe Virus. Shu wakes up in the club house, with Hare bringing him breakfast.

The Second Freak Out takes place in school. While he and Hare are going into the Classroom, Shouta comes out to talk and as soon as he comes close to Shu, Shu sees Shouta's Void, then Yahiro's Void and then starts seeing everyone around him being consumed by the Apocalypse Virus, turned into crystal. Which causes Shu to collapse and start screaming.

The Third Freak Out is when he returns home, after Gai confronts him. Inori tries to give him a data crystal with her newest song, which she wants him to listen to. As she comes close, Shu suddenly sees the Girl from his nightmare, sees her being turned into crystal, instead of Inori. Shu is so shocked and terrified by this, that he calls Inori a Monster, slaps the crystal out of her hand, breaking it and backs away from Inori as fast as he can, stopping a good 10 feet away, only after slamming into the counters behind him.

In the case of the First Freak Out, Shu is attempting to draw a void. In the Second and Third Freak Outs, Shu experiences them when he comes close to people that he has drawn a Void from, Shouta and Inori. This episode's nightmare shows that Shu witnessed the Lost Christmas first hand, was caught up in it. This is supported by other Flashbacks, in other episodes. However, Shu has Repressed these memories. So, when Jun, showed Shu, his, Jun's, memories of the past, of the Lost Christmas. He unintentionally awoke Shu's own memories of the past, those memories that Shu had repressed.

Shu is freaking out not just because of PTSD from Killing Jun, but because he is remembering, finally remembering, those repressed memories. Shu is finally waking up.

What do you think?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 19, 2011 5:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
Shu continues to disappoint, over and over again.
Finally i´m seeing some feelings in inori. It´s about time she stops being a hollow pretty shell and gain some personality.
 
Dec 19, 2011 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 254
Articman said:
It's too bad that we are glossing over, WHY Shu is freaking out. He freaks out 3 times in this episode and has a nightmare. The Shu Haters chalk this up to him being a coward, a pussy. The Shu defenders, or those that don't Hate Shu, chalk it up to PTSD. Actually it's more then PTSD from Killing Jun.

The first Freak Out is at the begining of the Episode. This is probably the first time that Shu has drawn a Void since episode 9. He attempts to draw Inori's Void. As he does so, he remembers the events of the last episode, which makes him pause, draw back. With time running out, Inori tries to help Shu draw her void, by taking his hand and pressing it to her chest. Which only makes matters worse, by forcing him to relive what he saw and did when he killed Jun. This causes Shu to freak out, and run away, screaming.

Then there is the Nightmare. Shu dreams of a Girl who looks like Inori, she asks if he loves her, asks him to promise to make her happy, the two of them trapped in a burning church, the girl turning into crystal, being consumed by the Apocalyspe Virus. Shu wakes up in the club house, with Hare bringing him breakfast.

The Second Freak Out takes place in school. While he and Hare are going into the Classroom, Shouta comes out to talk and as soon as he comes close to Shu, Shu sees Shouta's Void, then Yahiro's Void and then starts seeing everyone around him being consumed by the Apocalypse Virus, turned into crystal. Which causes Shu to collapse and start screaming.

The Third Freak Out is when he returns home, after Gai confronts him. Inori tries to give him a data crystal with her newest song, which she wants him to listen to. As she comes close, Shu suddenly sees the Girl from his nightmare, sees her being turned into crystal, instead of Inori. Shu is so shocked and terrified by this, that he calls Inori a Monster, slaps the crystal out of her hand, breaking it and backs away from Inori as fast as he can, stopping a good 10 feet away, only after slamming into the counters behind him.

In the case of the First Freak Out, Shu is attempting to draw a void. In the Second and Third Freak Outs, Shu experiences them when he comes close to people that he has drawn a Void from, Shouta and Inori. This episode's nightmare shows that Shu witnessed the Lost Christmas first hand, was caught up in it. This is supported by other Flashbacks, in other episodes. However, Shu has Repressed these memories. So, when Jun, showed Shu, his, Jun's, memories of the past, of the Lost Christmas. He unintentionally awoke Shu's own memories of the past, those memories that Shu had repressed.

Shu is freaking out not just because of PTSD from Killing Jun, but because he is remembering, finally remembering, those repressed memories. Shu is finally waking up.

What do you think?

Yes, it's a lot more then just PTSD. Would be bad enough if that was it for him but it isn't. On top of the immediate trauma apparently repressed things, as started, and visions of others like the stuff Jun showed him. On top of that all that he's getting little in the way of support from anyone. Would be hard to imagine anyone not being really messed up from all that. It's a wonder he isn't completely bat shit insane now. His face at the end of episode 9 said a lot about his mental state.

Of course then they skip ahead. No real idea what happens in between. Episode 10 makes a bit of a mess of the Shu situation, it like a lot of other things is a bit erratic, but everything pointed out does make sense.

Hated the episode as a whole but as flawed as it was liked the parts with Shu, more or less. Actually did something that a lot of the show has failed to do at this point, in my opinion, make him seem more human. Yeah, Shu loosing it made me actually like him a little. Crazy.

Incidentally, this all occurred to me as I was watching although I never did a very job saying so. Kudos for doing such a good job going over it.
Modified by Tanrim, Dec 19, 2011 5:20 PM
 
Dec 19, 2011 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
Tanrim said:

Yes, it's a lot more then just PTSD. Would be bad enough if that was it for him but it isn't. On top of the immediate trauma apparently repressed things, as started, and visions of others like the stuff Jun showed him. On top of that all that he's getting little in the way of support from anyone. Would be hard to imagine anyone not being really messed up from all that. It's a wonder he isn't completely bat shit insane now. His face at the end of episode 9 said a lot about his mental state.

Of course then they skip ahead. No real idea what happens in between. Episode 10 makes a bit of a mess of the Shu situation, it like a lot of other things is a bit erratic, but everything pointed out does make sense.

Hated the episode as a whole but as flawed as it was liked the parts with Shu, more or less. Actually did something that a lot of the show has failed to do at this point, in my opinion, make him seem more human. Yeah, Shu loosing it made me actually like him a little. Crazy.

Incidentally, this all occurred to me as I was watching although I never did a very job saying so. Kudos for doing such a good job going over it.


Gai's reaction to Shu's breakdown, says a lot. As important as Shu's power makes him to Gai's plans, Shu himself isn't. Of course, Gai's little thought about Inori choosing Shu, too. Could be an indication that Gai harbors a deep and abiding resentment towards Shu for what happened during the Lost Christmas and perhaps even before. Which may be influencing how he's treated Shu from episode 1.

I have said this before. I think that Ayase and Hare had the best chances of reaching Shu, but both of them were interrupted. Ayase by Gai and Hare by the Broadcast of the A.V. They are the ones that actually talked to Shu, asked him what was wrong. Inori's lack of Emotional awareness and depth prevents her from being able to do this, as well as Shu's reaction to her presence. And Gai just couldn't be bothered about Shu's mental well being.

Really looking forward to this next episode. Shu is about to get a Big Damn Heros moment. At least it appears that way.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 19, 2011 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8
Well, after episode 10, I guess everyone here could use a laugh, this was a huge hit elsewhere so just sharing the fun:
http://animangatron.blogspot.com/2011/12/return-of-real-rethe-controversy-guilty.html
I am one of the long time veterans of the internet's Anime community. Visit My blog for the anime, manga and games!

Avatars
 
Dec 19, 2011 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 308
mangatron said:
Well, after episode 10, I guess everyone here could use a laugh, this was a huge hit elsewhere so just sharing the fun:
http://animangatron.blogspot.com/2011/12/return-of-real-rethe-controversy-guilty.html


Very Funny, indeed. Anymore like that?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

 
Dec 19, 2011 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 237
Oh, poor Daryl :P Daryl, Segai and the american guy are amazing and as long as they're in this I'll never stop watching.
 
Dec 20, 2011 12:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 8
Articman said:
Very Funny, indeed. Anymore like that?


From me, not at the moment. As far as I can tell, I'm the only one doing this sort of thing (it's my trademark actually). But I don't go to that many websites online so my knowledge about that is limited.
I am one of the long time veterans of the internet's Anime community. Visit My blog for the anime, manga and games!

Avatars
 
Dec 20, 2011 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2102
Seriously? We are almost at the halfway mark and we are still concentrating on whether Shu is up for this whole thing or not? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are addressing the issue of such psychologically traumatizing events, but we are running in circles. Give him a resolution. I don't care which just make a decision and stick with it! At this point I would not have minded if Gai shot him right there.

The outlook is grim, I wonder how they are going to fix this. 3/5.
 
Dec 20, 2011 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 168
after code geass, macross, and eureka 7, now it's evangelion.
that cowardice behavior... It's Ikari Shinji
 
Dec 20, 2011 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
Tomodachi5 said:
Karhu said:
Tomodachi5 said:
DraconisMarch said:
octal9 said:
once again they've topped themselves - this show just keeps accelerating, getting crazier and crazier, and better and better...loved the destruction sequence at the end - this episode had me choked up more than once - amazing!!!
Solkiskey said:
This show is too good
Thanks for the laughs. Good way to start the day.


People can have their own opinions. No need to laugh at them for it.

Guilty Crown is so horrible that basically every positive word about it can be taken as sarcasm, so yeah.


Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
amen!
 
Dec 20, 2011 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
DraconisMarch said:
octal9 said:
i guess i'll just have to agree to disagree - to each their own - i'm still lovin' this!
http://oko.im/mal/octal9

'Nuff said.
the reason i give lots of high ratings is because i generally don't even post an anime/manga if i don't enjoy it or i just drop it before i even post it! also, i just love the art form; if something entertains me, it gets a good rating - why do we need to be so damn hung up on being pretentious - let's just enjoy this! get off my back and allow me my own opinions, which are as valid as yours or anyone else's!!!!!!
Modified by octal9, Dec 20, 2011 5:50 AM
 
Dec 20, 2011 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
Veretax said:
I hear all of those who say Shu is the most worthless protganist. I understand that analysis. However, one phrase is still in my head, and I know its a bit cliche, and has been used in many series.

Why do we fall down? So we can pick ourselves back up. My hope is that in this pit that Shu has fallen into emotionally that he rises further than he could have with out it. Now I'm not making a prediction here, I don't know what the writers have in store here, but Let's face it this show didn't just get series. It's signaled that the time for play is likely over. Unless this current arc by the Anti-Bodies etc. is in fact is just a minor part of the upcoming plot, you can bet Shu will be back. I have no doubt that will happen. He may still be an emo, but something will change here, and when that happens, the pawn in all this may find itself at the center of the board as the Queen. We'll see. should be fun ;)
i agree - all myths/odysseys are about the fall and redemption of the main character/hero - does that make all those famous heroes throughout history "wimps"?
 
Dec 20, 2011 6:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 826
octal9 said:
i agree - all myths/odysseys are about the fall and redemption of the main character/hero - does that make all those famous heroes throughout history "wimps"?


A very true point, and was sort of what I was alluding to, but words have been failing me of late.
 
Dec 20, 2011 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
Veretax said:
octal9 said:
i agree - all myths/odysseys are about the fall and redemption of the main character/hero - does that make all those famous heroes throughout history "wimps"?


A very true point, and was sort of what I was alluding to, but words have been failing me of late.
nice to know not everyone on here expresses themselves on the level of a three year old throwing a tantrum!!!! let's allow everyone their opinion - it seems really silly to trash on someone just because they have a different opinion than you - long live tolerance!!! good to see someone else on here who isn't a bratty teenager (or someone who still thinks like one)....
Modified by octal9, Dec 20, 2011 8:07 AM
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »