Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Guilty Crown Episode 10 Discussion


Dec 17, 2011 4:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
Karhu said:
octal9 said:
fireman3521 said:
IMO, what makes Shu a bad character is how poorly his character development is shown. Seriously, they ruined shu's character so much in that Episode. His reactions were not believable or justified, especially when he sees Inori.

Anyway, it was a big Letdown for me on Shu's character.
However, the second half gave me hope that it could still saved. Especially now that the episodic content seems to be over and the story is progressing.
if any normal human went through what shu went through the might definitely have post traumatic stress syndrome - ever hear of it??? look it up!

It's more about the execution than human psychology. Quality - ever heard of it?

i was actually fairly unimpressed (it was so-so) with this show for the first four episodes, but since then i think this show has definitely shown quality (yes, i've heard of it!) - good plot, great characters, and amazing animation - people in general seem way too hung up on wanting every anime character (especially males) to be some kind of hero/he-man type - many of us anime/manga fans actually enjoy real characters who react like real people!!!
 
Dec 17, 2011 5:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2420
octal9 said:
Karhu said:
octal9 said:
fireman3521 said:
IMO, what makes Shu a bad character is how poorly his character development is shown. Seriously, they ruined shu's character so much in that Episode. His reactions were not believable or justified, especially when he sees Inori.

Anyway, it was a big Letdown for me on Shu's character.
However, the second half gave me hope that it could still saved. Especially now that the episodic content seems to be over and the story is progressing.
if any normal human went through what shu went through the might definitely have post traumatic stress syndrome - ever hear of it??? look it up!

It's more about the execution than human psychology. Quality - ever heard of it?

i was actually fairly unimpressed (it was so-so) with this show for the first four episodes, but since then i think this show has definitely shown quality (yes, i've heard of it!) - good plot, great characters, and amazing animation - people in general seem way too hung up on wanting every anime character (especially males) to be some kind of hero/he-man type - many of us anime/manga fans actually enjoy real characters who react like real people!!!

Let's see.
good plot

Plot never even tried to be more than mediocre. Considering that it was also nonexistent until episode 8, so I can't ever understand by whose standards plot is good. Also, adding the fact that more than 50% of the writing exists just for fan service purpose.
great characters

Seriously? Does someone really think in that way? All the characters are cliche stereotypes without proper motives and philosophy, also horribly lacking personalities. Females reasons of existence is more about fan service than actual plot part. Characters might look good, but otherwise they are all horrible, at least pretty bad. Saying that those are great sounds more like a joke to me. If people prefer "realistic" pussy-like-characters then shouldn't they have standards for those and question the quality of Guilty Crown characters? Seems plain ridiculous to me to call 'em great. Gotta ask how many of people actually think with them brains and how many with them genitals.
amazing animation

Production values don't make anime. Also direction is way more important.
weh
 
Dec 17, 2011 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 300
This show.

 
Dec 17, 2011 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1873
An interesting turn of events...
 
Dec 17, 2011 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1356
This show is too good
 
Dec 17, 2011 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 158
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2512
MONSTER
Smoooth Shu. What a f***ing lost cause, I swear this episode was solely made to hate him.
Now someone kill Shu for me.
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2429
Hare-Shu scene reminds me of the same scene in CG with Kallen-Lelouch.

I think Segai is the only reason why I'm watching this. =,=
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 358
Segai has a Future Diary...
 
Dec 17, 2011 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3179
meh... mediocre episode.

so much Shu hate lol & random characters appearing....

shit's hitting the fan!
 
Dec 17, 2011 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
octal9 said:
once again they've topped themselves - this show just keeps accelerating, getting crazier and crazier, and better and better...loved the destruction sequence at the end - this episode had me choked up more than once - amazing!!!
Solkiskey said:
This show is too good
Thanks for the laughs. Good way to start the day.
 
Dec 17, 2011 11:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 185
his PTSD is way worse than mine :O very critical trauma shu has lol mine was medium level until it left me now :3
 
Dec 17, 2011 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 190
DraconisMarch said:
octal9 said:
once again they've topped themselves - this show just keeps accelerating, getting crazier and crazier, and better and better...loved the destruction sequence at the end - this episode had me choked up more than once - amazing!!!
Solkiskey said:
This show is too good
Thanks for the laughs. Good way to start the day.


People can have their own opinions. No need to laugh at them for it.
 
Dec 17, 2011 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2420
Tomodachi5 said:
DraconisMarch said:
octal9 said:
once again they've topped themselves - this show just keeps accelerating, getting crazier and crazier, and better and better...loved the destruction sequence at the end - this episode had me choked up more than once - amazing!!!
Solkiskey said:
This show is too good
Thanks for the laughs. Good way to start the day.


People can have their own opinions. No need to laugh at them for it.

Guilty Crown is so horrible that basically every positive word about it can be taken as sarcasm, so yeah.
weh
 
Dec 17, 2011 3:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
This episode was so bad ass....
 
Dec 17, 2011 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Wow, the hating is waxing again
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 17, 2011 3:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
AnimeFanWhoDied said:
Segai has a Future Diary...

Being as "original" this show is, I wouldn't be surprised.
octal9 said:
good plot

Haha!
thekiller99 said:
OrangeHollow said:
Why Gai didn't shoot Shu! What a great opportunity to make this series actually good is wasted.


Lol this is the kind of idiocy that we don't need in a discussion. Please use 2 halves of your brain before you post something that's rhetorical.

Didn't you just contradict yourself? Please don't argue. This show would probably be twice much better if it were a real bullet.

thekiller99 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Bloodfox1222 said:
kamina99 said:
man, epic episode, hare gained my respect!! :D
But shuu.. man, i really do feel sorry for him...


How can you feel bad to him? Its not like he is in a hard situation. He just needs to man up and then it should be a peice of cake to beat the bad guys.
Because if Shu had nuts, the show would've been over 4 episodes ago. GHQ would be fucked in no time.


I totally agree the series would've been a bomb. I don't think it's realistic for a character who is kinda anti-social(explained in the first episode) to be a cocky kind of guy after acquiring some power.

What a great episode! I really feel like this episode is the turning point of the series.
I reckon Gai is going to die which will be an opportunity for Shu to step up(like tengen toppa). I can really understand why shu would be scared because anyone would after killing someone. The people who keep saying he has no balls can't really judge him because they weren't put in the same shoes and experience the killing.
Its great that inori is discovering her emotions which reinforces the theory that should might be some kind of clone.
I also hated the part where shu took advantage of Hare which made me hate him for the first time and also destroying Inori's gift without even running after her and apologising. That was a lack of common sense and not very gentlemen.


This show is not realistic at all. So if it being realistic is one of your arguments you're already wrong.

No shieett, he's a main character for a show that's supposed to entertain us. We just didn't expect him to be such a pansy.

Inori discovering her emotions? Haha.

You still haven't hated him after all this time?

This show lacks common sense.

Turning point? The best episodes were episode 1, 2, and 9 in order. Only episode 1 appealed to me the most, anyways.


SoFarGone said:
Nidhoeggr said:
SoFarGone said:
It amazes me how many times i roll my eyes watching this. Shu is pathetic and Inori just sudden loves Shu for no reason at all. Serious I wish Gai would've shot Shu in the head. The only good characters are Hare and Ayase.


I know, but I'm sure you know all to well that this shit will sell like delicious pancakes, because most aniem fans seem to like such bullshit by now. I blame Code Geass.


Nah Code Geass is actually good and makes sense. Guilty Crown is like a Michael Bay movie. The plot doesn't need to make sense as long as there's big explosions and a sexy female lead.


Pretty much this. I didn't know it was possible to describe. I mean, female lead in TF3, overpowering black man/guard. I don't understand.

GodlyKyon said:
Wow, the hating is waxing again


I'm one of the people who actually thought this episode was okay. I mean, Shu is being hated! The last part was also pretty epic, even though they pull these plot twists out of nowhere.
 
Dec 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Hmm. Shu's actions were somewhat justified. His encounter with Jun was the first time he has had to kill someone that he knows personally, so the emotional toll will be much stronger.

Although, at some point he has to realize the nature of the organization that he is a part of.
 
Dec 17, 2011 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 286
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already
 
Dec 17, 2011 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already
Sounds to me like they are trying to make Shu a king that is to be feeling guilty all the time. Thing is that a king like that shall fall so fast that before the fart is even out that king is dead.

In other words, Shu needs to GTFO from his normal self/changed self into the a self that is right with his powers. He clearly failed in finding that out yet and he clearly needs to change that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Dec 17, 2011 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Yumekichi11 said:
Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already
Sounds to me like they are trying to make Shu a king that is to be feeling guilty all the time. Thing is that a king like that shall fall so fast that before the fart is even out that king is dead.

In other words, Shu needs to GTFO from his normal self/changed self into the a self that is right with his powers. He clearly failed in finding that out yet and he clearly needs to change that.

So by this, does that suppose to mean that he will become a saber? Or that he Is like saver but less enjoyable.

Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already


Well yes. And that if he had Light Yagami's intelligence, with better will, he'd be a freaking king, no, perhaps something like a god if he did.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 17, 2011 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 986
> Human Instrumentality Project

OMG, and they said the script been baked for two years? C'mon!
 
Dec 17, 2011 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
allflying said:
> Human Instrumentality Project

OMG, and they said the script been baked for two years? C'mon!


What do you mean by "baked?"
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 17, 2011 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 286
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already
Sounds to me like they are trying to make Shu a king that is to be feeling guilty all the time. Thing is that a king like that shall fall so fast that before the fart is even out that king is dead.

In other words, Shu needs to GTFO from his normal self/changed self into the a self that is right with his powers. He clearly failed in finding that out yet and he clearly needs to change that.

So by this, does that suppose to mean that he will become a saber? Or that he Is like saver but less enjoyable.

Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already


Well yes. And that if he had Light Yagami's intelligence, with better will, he'd be a freaking king, no, perhaps something like a god if he did.


Hm yes I suppose everybody who keeps getting annoyed by Shu would rather picture him as a Light Yagami who takes everything in his own hands and tries to build the world that would have him as a god while he doesn't care if he goes to "not heaven and not hell" afterwards. But Light constantly says he knows he's the only one who would do this. Shu ain't that bright (okay not at all). That would have been cool but far too dark for the kitschy shiny show here xD I mean... that would make Shu look evil in a hot way and turned to show around into psychological seinen stuff. Just a thought xd but damn good point from u

@Yumekichi11 - uhm I'm not sure. If the king is yet to awaken like the "queen", then whatever human understandable cowerdness happens now with Shu doesn't really mean a thing. I kinda have to rewatch all this to put the puzzle pieces in places again. I thought Inori once said smth like she was the "crown" i guess in episode 1? And then the later queen who has or began to awaken... then Shu. So in my equation there are 3 elements: a king a queen and the actual crown which I suppose has fallen on the head of our Shu xD And I place my bet on that he will continue to be torn between his inner conflicts for the rest of the show and I was just explaining why this is/was to be expected
Modified by Morridine, Dec 17, 2011 6:52 PM
 
Dec 17, 2011 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1209
-sigh- God damn it. The only thing keeping me from dropping this show are the visuals and the (rare) decent action scene. Shu is now more unlikable than Shinji from Evangelion in my opinion. Last episode gave this anime a chance at being something other than mediocre and this episode just ruined it.
Modified by FatherAnderson, Dec 17, 2011 7:07 PM
 
Dec 17, 2011 7:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 350
octal9 said:
fireman3521 said:
IMO, what makes Shu a bad character is how poorly his character development is shown. Seriously, they ruined shu's character so much in that Episode. His reactions were not believable or justified, especially when he sees Inori.

Anyway, it was a big Letdown for me on Shu's character.
However, the second half gave me hope that it could still saved. Especially now that the episodic content seems to be over and the story is progressing.
if any normal human went through what shu went through the might definitely have post traumatic stress syndrome - ever hear of it??? look it up!



What I meant was the may they executed it. I understand Shu's state of mind. However, what I didn't like was the way the show presented it. It should have been handled way better.

Still, There's many episodes left so it can still be saved.
 
Dec 17, 2011 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 190
Karhu said:
Tomodachi5 said:
DraconisMarch said:
octal9 said:
once again they've topped themselves - this show just keeps accelerating, getting crazier and crazier, and better and better...loved the destruction sequence at the end - this episode had me choked up more than once - amazing!!!
Solkiskey said:
This show is too good
Thanks for the laughs. Good way to start the day.


People can have their own opinions. No need to laugh at them for it.

Guilty Crown is so horrible that basically every positive word about it can be taken as sarcasm, so yeah.


Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
 
Dec 17, 2011 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1515
Shu:(
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 826
I hear all of those who say Shu is the most worthless protganist. I understand that analysis. However, one phrase is still in my head, and I know its a bit cliche, and has been used in many series.

Why do we fall down? So we can pick ourselves back up. My hope is that in this pit that SHun has fallen into emotionally that he rises further than he could have with out it. Now I'm not making a prediction here, I don't know what the writers have in store here, but Let's face it this show didn't just get series. It's signaled that the time for play is likely over. Unless this current arc by the Anti-Bodies etc. is in fact is just a minor part of the upcoming plot, you can bet Shu will be back. I have no doubt that will happen. He may still be an emo, but something will change here, and when that happens, the pawn in all this may find itself at the center of the board as the Queen. We'll see. should be fun ;)
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
Next episode I'll discuss seriously.

But please, stop changing the directors!! Keep the one who did episode 1 Abd 9 for the rest of tue series!!

I think Shu will realize he should use the power for a cause he wants soon enough. (I hope)

There is a lot of things bunched in this series, I hope they would go over them in the next few episodes.

Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 986
I don't have any problem with Shu. But the drama was just put there without given much spice and or seasoning, not even wasabi. Simply put: the directing is not even better compared to any other random indie movies around.

GodlyKyon said:
allflying said:
> Human Instrumentality Project

OMG, and they said the script been baked for two years? C'mon!


What do you mean by "baked?"


baked = cooked = grilled = steamed = deep fried = been working for x years = whatever words floats your boat
 
Dec 17, 2011 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3935
allflying said:
I don't have any problem with Shu. But the drama was just put there without given much spice and or seasoning, not even wasabi. Simply put: the directing is not even better compared to any other random indie movies around.

GodlyKyon said:
allflying said:
> Human Instrumentality Project

OMG, and they said the script been baked for two years? C'mon!


What do you mean by "baked?"


baked = cooked = grilled = steamed = deep fried = been working for x years = whatever words floats your boat


This will sell well regardless I bet. Well the music Is at least
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
 
Dec 17, 2011 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 986
GodlyKyon said:
allflying said:
I don't have any problem with Shu. But the drama was just put there without given much spice and or seasoning, not even wasabi. Simply put: the directing is not even better compared to any other random indie movies around.

GodlyKyon said:
allflying said:
> Human Instrumentality Project

OMG, and they said the script been baked for two years? C'mon!


What do you mean by "baked?"


baked = cooked = grilled = steamed = deep fried = been working for x years = whatever words floats your boat


This will sell well regardless I bet. Well the music Is at least


Its not:

*29 **8 **4,823 *26,907 *2 Departures ~あなたにおくるアイの歌~ EGOIST
*34 *16 **3,951 *40,323 *3 My Dearest supercell

how to read from left: current position - last week position - this week sales - cumulative to this week sales - week - name of the singles/album

from Oricon chart.

The BluRay, I bet it will be about the same with IS (Standard sales for pretty-graphic-fanservice-action-with-robots anime) more or less.
 
Dec 17, 2011 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
GodlyKyon said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Morridine said:
hasyly said:
I don't get it, why main character every time have to be an idiot


He can't be anything else because the premise is "The right to use my friend as a weapon. That is the sinful crown I shall adorn" this. Shu will continue to be a "pussy" and whatnot because he needs to play the victim of being a guilty crown. The only change that might occur someday is him accepting his destiny or whatever, which will continue to burden him forever anyway. So people who don't have the stomach to watch this just move on already
Sounds to me like they are trying to make Shu a king that is to be feeling guilty all the time. Thing is that a king like that shall fall so fast that before the fart is even out that king is dead.

In other words, Shu needs to GTFO from his normal self/changed self into the a self that is right with his powers. He clearly failed in finding that out yet and he clearly needs to change that.
So by this, does that suppose to mean that he will become a saber? Or that he Is like saver but less enjoyable.
Unless he pulls some Deus evolution stuff, I doubt it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Dec 17, 2011 10:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32301
ok its undeniable the show is going for a romance sub plot at this point but im about 99.999999% sure inori is his sister cloned.......akward

like at this point im ok jumping aboard the ship since i wasnt really sure before but this really is keeping me form jumping on board

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 17, 2011 11:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1133
Kurimu-chan said:
BTW, I really feel that one of his friends will soon die... let's say Hare?
But then again that boy who died last episode already caused him trauma. Maybe the creators are troll enough to make him suffer even more by killing Hare off :)


I hope so. No offense to Hare, I like her considering she's just some average side character/love interest, but her death would be nice. Or A death; it could be one of his other friends, I guess.

And also, I take back any and every neutral - positive thing I've ever said about Shu. I was hoping after the last ep he'd be getting better, but no. I thought he was a complete idiot, he just keeps finding different ways to piss me off more and more with everything he does. In that sense, he's a genious.

That theory about the Void Genom leaving someone if they died, Gai should've tested out it out. He would've made a shitload of people happy... -.-
 
Dec 18, 2011 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.
 
Dec 18, 2011 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 190
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.


You failed to understand what I'm trying to say. To discuss something means too, "Talk or write about (a topic) in detail, taking into account different ideas and opinions." Whereas most people here just complain saying Shu is a puss cake and should man up. There is no depth or detail and it sure as hell repetitive.
 
Dec 18, 2011 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 283
Damn, I'll admit that Shu did kinda suck this episode. But it got better halfway through and the end was just amazing as always. One thing i don't get was the part before the intro, was that a dream?

Wow i just rewatched some parts of ep 10 with Commiesubs and i got to say Funimation subs kinda suck. I mean you'd think a big company like Funi would have better subs but nope.
Modified by Omegadark, Dec 18, 2011 3:18 AM
 
Dec 18, 2011 3:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15770
So so episode.

Shu went completely nuts this time. On one hand is natural having some frustration and on the other hand it's kind of annoying after so long and after the things he did. It's like his all over the place. Also he chooses some pretty bad moments to go all crazy. Maybe if we also knew what the hell those memories are we would be able to excuse him a little more but i agree that the show would be better if they just focused on action and stop trying to create characterization because there characterization attempts are a little like a cheap bad mix copy of Evangelion and Code Geass.
For me the problem with Shu isn't that he has emotional problems. I ain't the kind of guy that just wants to see badasses. I am a guy that actually thinks Sinji from Evangelion is a great character. The problem is that they ain't doing it right and he seems too inconsistent.

Well this episode tried to change things for the other half of the show i guess. Let's hope that it manages to really change things because as others said it is lost potential because it seems this show could do better since despite development the episode felt a little empty like something was missing.


Yodelman said:
Well, Shu certainly took a major step backwards. What an asshole to take advantage of a girl who has feelings for him.


Why did i get the feeling they were trying to immediate Code Geass with Lelouch and Kallen?

chinolal said:
Firestalker5 said:
Wow.... The hate for Shu is impressive!

I just can't hate a character [fully]. Shu may run away, but I would have probably done the same thing when I was his age and put in that situation.

You just can't tell what you would do when in that situation...


So you are saying that you would run away, act like a dick to a girl that wants you to hear her song, and then try to rape another girl that is trying to help you? How can a person not be hated for what shu did this episode.


You seriously need to learn the definition of rape.
Modified by Monad, Dec 18, 2011 3:26 AM
 
Dec 18, 2011 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2149
GodlyKyon said:
onedaysnotice said:
GodlyKyon said:
onedaysnotice said:
I really think....this show hit a whole new low....

1/5

I was cringing this entire episode. I srsly cannot fathom Shu's pussiness and his mental outbursts, nor come to any logical motives that the blindfolded guy/scarface has for wiping out an entire city of innocent people. Recreate Lost Christmas?... give me a break....

If they don't give a good reason by next ep, I'm dropping this.

At least there was a silver lining to this episode...by the way it is progressing, it looks like Shu's gonna have to assume Gai's leadership very soon, as Gai either dies in the aeroplane, or will die soon from his apparent sickness. At least, we know that Shu's gonna have to grow a pair, even if he is forced to, sooner or later.

Tanrim said:
Okay, what the hell? It leaves off with Shu telling Yahiro he killed his brother and starts here who knows how long later in the middle of an op? Who is the moron that thought it was a good idea to skip ahead like that? What the hell happened with Yahiro? Where the hell is he even? Despite how stupid I thought the way it was done I figured they'd at least go over it in a flashback but no, nothing. At all. Also, what about Hare? Basically she saw all that and just casually strolls off without anyone knowing? Ugh.


My sentiments exactly. I srsly spent a minute looking for where I put ep 9, because I srsly thought I missed an episode. Terrible directing, terrible characters. This is even more frustrating than Ninja Gaiden on mentor+, and doesn't even come close to being rewarding.


The directors switch every episode I believe. Not a very good idea -_- and the one who did ep 1&9 was the last one.


Now I understand why GC is a clusterf*ck of ideas... Because of that, they have no consensus in direction, and because of that, they cannot properly follow up on an episode (point in case the transition from ep 9 to 10). [EDIT: I just realised you said the director for ep 9 was also the director for 10....Well that is...rather suprising...Did he get complacent after ep 1, or was ep 1 just a fluke? :S HOW could he NOT have seen that the transition between the episodes was so terrible??] This entire notion of having multiple directors, while I can somewhat see what they're trying to achieve, is stupid. Just stupid. It would've been better to put the money they used on all the excess directors on the story department as a whole....


Agreed with everything. But I meant the director before ep 10 was the director was ep 9 &1's! Sorry if I didn't express correctly


Ahh its cool :D


GodlyKyon said:
MyFriendSam said:
Okay, can someone please explain to me how exactly Inori came to have feelings for Shu? What interactions have they had so far that warrant such feelings? So shu doesn't come home for a day or two and suddenly she really cares about him? This episode rushed through far too many plot developments. If they really wanted Shu to seem like he was going through a rough time, why not devote an entire episode solely to him? He lacks serious character development as it is, and it might make his character more appealing. 6/10


It is know as "Forced Romance"

Also, I got intel. The person who was the episode director of this episode is the same as the one that did episode 2


Well that explains EVERYTHING. Aside from this ep, ep 2 was probably my most despised ep ever. Switch back to the other director plox. At least, it LOOKED like he was getting somewhere with ep 9...but I guess that 9 eps of building up to a decent plot was ruined by THIS ep. :(


DraconisMarch said:
thekiller99 said:
OrangeHollow said:
Why Gai didn't shoot Shu! What a great opportunity to make this series actually good is wasted.


Lol this is the kind of idiocy that we don't need in a discussion. Please use 2 halves of your brain before you post something that's rhetorical.
thekiller99 said:
Please use 2 halves of your brain
thekiller99 said:
2 halves of your brain
thekiller99 said:
2 halves
HURRR DURRR

<img src="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/KesWolfe/lulz/facedesk.gif" />


Idk why, but I was srsly rofling after reading this. xD
 
Dec 18, 2011 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
Words cannot explain how much I hate Shu.
 
Dec 18, 2011 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 219
How are people giving this episode 5s?

Holy crap.
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 995
Almost everybody seems to hate Shuu...
Don't hate the character, hate the director or the maker lol
Ep 11, what's going to happen??
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Tomodachi5 said:
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.


You failed to understand what I'm trying to say. To discuss something means too, "Talk or write about (a topic) in detail, taking into account different ideas and opinions." Whereas most people here just complain saying Shu is a puss cake and should man up. There is no depth or detail and it sure as hell repetitive.
You seem to be missing the fact that Shu isn't the only shit people are complaining about. I'll let you figure out what the others are. (There are a fuck-ton to choose from.)

Vizi_XRiliditian said:
Almost everybody seems to hate Shuu...
Don't hate the character, hate the director or the maker lol
Ep 11, what's going to happen??
That's like saying "Don't hate the Civic for being a terrible car, hate Honda." Regardless of whose fault it is for being that way, you place your hate on what's deserved.
Modified by DraconisMarch, Dec 18, 2011 7:52 AM
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1049
Karhu said:
octal9 said:
Karhu said:
octal9 said:
fireman3521 said:
IMO, what makes Shu a bad character is how poorly his character development is shown. Seriously, they ruined shu's character so much in that Episode. His reactions were not believable or justified, especially when he sees Inori.

Anyway, it was a big Letdown for me on Shu's character.
However, the second half gave me hope that it could still saved. Especially now that the episodic content seems to be over and the story is progressing.
if any normal human went through what shu went through the might definitely have post traumatic stress syndrome - ever hear of it??? look it up!

It's more about the execution than human psychology. Quality - ever heard of it?

i was actually fairly unimpressed (it was so-so) with this show for the first four episodes, but since then i think this show has definitely shown quality (yes, i've heard of it!) - good plot, great characters, and amazing animation - people in general seem way too hung up on wanting every anime character (especially males) to be some kind of hero/he-man type - many of us anime/manga fans actually enjoy real characters who react like real people!!!

Let's see.
good plot

Plot never even tried to be more than mediocre. Considering that it was also nonexistent until episode 8, so I can't ever understand by whose standards plot is good. Also, adding the fact that more than 50% of the writing exists just for fan service purpose.
great characters

Seriously? Does someone really think in that way? All the characters are cliche stereotypes without proper motives and philosophy, also horribly lacking personalities. Females reasons of existence is more about fan service than actual plot part. Characters might look good, but otherwise they are all horrible, at least pretty bad. Saying that those are great sounds more like a joke to me. If people prefer "realistic" pussy-like-characters then shouldn't they have standards for those and question the quality of Guilty Crown characters? Seems plain ridiculous to me to call 'em great. Gotta ask how many of people actually think with them brains and how many with them genitals.
amazing animation

Production values don't make anime. Also direction is way more important.
i guess i'll just have to agree to disagree - to each their own - i'm still lovin' this!
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
octal9 said:
i guess i'll just have to agree to disagree - to each their own - i'm still lovin' this!
http://oko.im/mal/octal9

'Nuff said.
 
Dec 18, 2011 7:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32301
DraconisMarch said:
GodlyKyon said:
Btw can someone explain what is "clusterfuck"?
A big fucking mashed-up, tangled mess.

Tomodachi5 said:
Almost everyone in this discussion just complains about the show. It's called Guilty Crown episode 10 discussion for a reason not Guilty Crown episode 10 bitching and whining.
Uh... because it's the episodes that make the show a show. When the episodes are bad, the show is bad.

Critical thinking skills fail.
i dont really think that it applies to this show, real clusterfucks are shows like garzey's wing, metropolis, or the 2nd half of eva

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 18, 2011 8:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32301
Obby said:
How are people giving this episode 5s?

Holy crap.
well i gave it a 4 but ill answer the positives cause it makes much less sense to give it a 1 in this ep, its understandable for the fanservice ep but not this

there was actually a plot development
there was character development for both our mains AND a few side characters even if shu made people mad
it has a good cliffhanger
inori is not emotionless anymore(well when it involves shu)so my hate levels for her went down
a villian is finally introduced and has a reason for us to hate him
really its the first time anything has actually happened in the show

it even has something for the people hating this to, it reminded them they only have to put up with this piece of shit for 1 more episode, they have no reason to pick up the second season

ide say this ep and the last were so good(not great but good) that i think its fair to raise my score from a 6 to a 7, final ep will have to decide between it getting which unless the ending is so awful i may give it a 5, also why does it say 22 ep on mal, like really thats the second season, count it as a separate thing
Modified by JizzyHitler, Dec 18, 2011 8:08 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 18, 2011 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 255
I liked the destruction going on, so I gave it a 2.
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »