Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2011 10:42 PM
Jun 2010
No matter if it was a long running anime or a short one that i picked up, finishing it always seems really hard. Ive sometimes put of anime because of it. It almost seems like saying good bye to a good friend that hasn't left you for awhile.

i was curious if anyone else felt like this
Dec 13, 2011 10:43 PM

Sep 2011
I see what you mean, it depresses me to some point, but I force myself to finish the anime.
Dec 13, 2011 10:43 PM

Mar 2009
It can feel that way but I move on and find some other good stuff.
Dec 13, 2011 10:46 PM
Jun 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
It can feel that way but I move on and find some other good stuff.

oh without a doubt. i always have multiple shows im watching at a time. I was just talking about that particular show that about to end
Dec 13, 2011 10:46 PM
Sep 2011
That's exactly why I liked the last episode of Yuru Yuri. It didn't do one of those big "This is goodbye" type things where the cast moves on. It ended just like any other episode, leaving room for a second season.
Dec 13, 2011 11:17 PM

Apr 2011
Sometimes I don't like to finish anime because I hate that feeling it's all over.
Dec 13, 2011 11:26 PM

Aug 2011
I always get depressed when I finish an anime, I'm generally over it by the next day when I start a new serious though.
Dec 13, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2011
mitch3315 said:
I always get depressed when I finish an anime, I'm generally over it by the next day when I start a new serious though.

Yeah, I feel depressed when I finish an anime, but then the next day, I'm over it.
Dec 13, 2011 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
There's always the option of rewatching, but yeah, I know what you mean.
Dec 13, 2011 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
mitch3315 said:

thats generally how i feel but it depends how much i enjoyed the series..some i can then start another the same day some can take up to a week
Dec 13, 2011 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
Totally feel you. I feel the same especially when I finished up an anime I really like :(
Dec 13, 2011 11:56 PM

Oct 2011
Yeah definitely; I usually go online and order something related to that anime and find a decent wallpaper to make me feel happier. (^_^)
Dec 14, 2011 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
It never really bothered me but I can see why it would bother you. :/
Dec 14, 2011 12:22 AM
Nov 2008
I know the feeling. I always plan ahead and make sure I have some other stuff to watch right after, something very episodic to get my mind off of it. lol
Dec 14, 2011 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah, if it's a good anime series. I used to get it for nearly every anime I watched when I just started out.
Dec 14, 2011 4:05 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I know the feeling that it's sometimes sad when a good anime is coming to its end. But it somehow sounds as if you're taking it very serious. I mean, anime is mainly entertainment. Some series we like more and have fandoms or whatever, but other series we only watch and that's all.

And it's not that you have to say good-bye forever. You can always rewatch a good anime and enjoy it again. Or read the manga, look for pictures, fanfics, etc.
Dec 14, 2011 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
If the anime is good, I tend to finish it as soon as possible, but then I regret it later because it was awesome. I don't have a problem with finishing anime, but after its done, I miss seeing the characters sometimes =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 14, 2011 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
RLinksoul said:
That's exactly why I liked the last episode of Yuru Yuri. It didn't do one of those big "This is goodbye" type things where the cast moves on. It ended just like any other episode, leaving room for a second season.

Even if it didn't feel like that, it was still sad knowing it was the last one. Also, Kyouko deserved to be kissed by Ayano not only on the cheek!

Yuru Yuri was one of the animes I finished watching in a single day. I'll just have to rewatch it, because I was a bit sad when it was over ;/
「レミ咲が今日のティータイム。」- RemiSaku ga kyou no tea time!
Dec 14, 2011 4:52 AM

Dec 2010
- Start Steins;gate
- Become emotionally invested in all the characters
- finish Steins;gate
- Drown yourself into sickness with Dr. Pepper
- ???
- On your memories profit.
Dec 14, 2011 5:56 AM

May 2009
Oh yeah, definitely. I always have like a little ending ritual I do. Set the anime as completed in my anime list (Rate it if it was good enough) and then post that I finished it on a thread or something.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Dec 14, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
Last time I got this feeling when I watched Sola.
It was just so.. sad in the ending :(

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Dec 14, 2011 12:02 PM

Mar 2009
Yes. There is a rush, urge, and surge to find out what happens and a temporary sense of loss when it is over. Same as reading a really good book.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Dec 15, 2011 1:22 PM

Nov 2011
i felt like that for durarara. even when i was only around half way through, i liked it so much that i didn't want to finish it too quickly. so i tried to take it slow to 'savor' it, haha. but once i got near the end it was kind of impossible to stop myself.
i just didn't want it to end D:
Dec 15, 2011 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
tiger and bunny was the first show i ever started while it was ongoing at the first episode,

after it was over i drowned myself in pepsi and a import of that pepsi nex stuff u i wasted 20 bucks on importing since it tastes exactly the same as normal pepsi

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 15, 2011 1:33 PM

Mar 2011
I understand he feeling, especially with a REALLY good anime.
Dec 15, 2011 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
feder said:
There's always the option of rewatching, but yeah, I know what you mean.

some anime aren't always re-watchable its not the same as when you seen it the first time
Dec 15, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
I get over it by just starting a new series right away. I've been like this with more than anime even (video games, tv shows, etc).
Dec 15, 2011 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
This happens to me more often in video games than anime... I feel like if I get to the rolling credits in a video game it is unlikely that I will ever want to adventure in those worlds any more, even if I still had some open side missions or whatnot. So about 2/3 of my games are played up to the final boss (or checkpoint) without being finished off.

With anime (or books, as Lisnoire mentioned) you are following a continous story and instead of putting off the end, usually the last few episodes build and build on each other until a finalle that I find it hard to put off... I ride it out helplessly like a jellyfish riding the waves into the shore.
Dec 15, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
I guess I can't lie here, I have dodged finishing an anime before because I enjoyed it so much that it would make me sad to not be able to watch a couple episodes of it per night, However eventually I find another anime I'm interested in and I usually have no problems finishing it up and moving on, but I do run into an odd one like that which I fall in love with :)
Dec 15, 2011 4:44 PM

Aug 2008
Full Moon anyone? D: The ending was really sad too.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Dec 16, 2011 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
Don't forget that there's always another good one out there, waiting to be watched by you. Just like with the girlz.
Dec 16, 2011 2:06 PM

Dec 2010
I feel the exact same way, i even dropped or stopped watchin some animes because of that.

I stopped watchin animes for about two months or so, picked it up again since a week now.
For some reason i just can`t finish most animes ;(, guess some endings really fucked me up big time, to bad.
Visionary
Dec 16, 2011 5:00 PM

Aug 2011
I know what you mean, I feel the same way when finishing a good anime. I normally just start a new anime asap that doesn't have that much similarities, otherwise you keep comparing the two.

Rewatching doesn't really do it for me. I rewatched some parts of Welcome to the NHK and read the manga, but I only felt better when just completing it and moving on to the next series.
Dec 16, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2008
There are alot of anime I can just move on right afterwards but theres still plenty that leave me sitting in the emo corner for sometime until I obsess over another anime that is just as good.

New ending songs that are used for the ending are particially saddening. When I look back at DNAngel in particular (one of my earlier animes) I still feel this lump in my throat. Same with Angel Beats and a few other things.

I tend to watch AMVs, listening to songs, buy it if I could, look at pics and rewatch my favourite eps to cheer myself up ^____^
Dec 16, 2011 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
used to have this haha but now with the sheer amount of anime i still want to watch i can fill the gap up with ease haha (or it has to be one hell of a show haha) but things that felt that way (and still are stuck in my mind as if i watched them last week)

clannad + AS
angel beats!
H2O: Footprints in the Sand
Toradora!
ef - a tale of memories.
Gosick

realy need to rewatch these actualy hahaha
Dec 16, 2011 10:42 PM

Oct 2011
god I hate having that feeling. It's so good, and I want to keep watching it, but I want to have the "this is so freaking good" feeling for at least for a couple of days. This is happening currently with Berserk, watched too many eps on the first day, and had to take a day off of watching it(which sucked).
Dec 16, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
When I finished Clannad AS, I felt like a small part of me died inside.

More topics from this board

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

45 by aanj1n »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

38 by BatoKusanagi »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

27 by Coaghim »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

185 by SeleneOnTheMoon »»
6 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

25 by EastIndiaCompany »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.