Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you believe this anime to be underrated?
Dec 13, 2011 3:03 PM
Nov 2010
Personally, I believe this show is very underrated. I find that a lot of people don't watch this show because of the synopsis and ecchi, even though this series, in my opinion, is very nice and heartwarming.

What's your opinion?
Dec 16, 2011 1:28 AM

Oct 2011
totally underrated!!! it's incredibly heartwarming, well written, and yes ecchi - a well paced and fun show i find enjoyable every time!!!
Dec 16, 2011 2:12 AM

Sep 2011
I don't think it's underrated. It's not terrible or anything but I'd only be able to recommend it to people with very specific tastes. The characters are all pretty transparent other than Lotte and Asuha.
Mar 1, 2012 8:14 AM
Jan 2010
No it is not underrated.
It feels like they just dropped the storyline after 4-5ep..
And the ending was totaly gay.
Mar 1, 2012 8:20 AM

Nov 2008
It's underrated and very deceptive in it's story, you expect Yosuga but get something in the realms of Papakiki and Sister Princess.

Mar 1, 2012 8:57 AM

Oct 2011
Maybe not underrated but has a lot of bad publicity
ok it has tons of ecchi, bad ending and so on
but it's surprisingly good - but because of what is written about it some just go away from it
I think it's a shame... and I speak it as person which basically despises fanservice :)
Apr 7, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
I think it's the synopsis that turns everyone off from it, which is a damn shame.
[center]
Jun 20, 2012 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
I believe it's the synopsis too, it makes it seem like its a hentai disguised as a anime about a 23 year old and a 10 year old. Which it wasn't completely about that, it is more heartwarming than most ecchi animes, he doesn't get slapped for seeing a girl naked every episode or fall onto a girl and accidentally grab her boobs. hes more like hayate from hayate no gotoku!
Jun 23, 2012 8:08 PM

Dec 2011
Ofc.
It is very funny. One of my fav ecchi.
It deserves at least 7.5+.
Jul 8, 2012 3:26 PM
Hot Stuff

Mar 2012
Very cute fantasy love story! I enjoyed it so much. I can't help but think that much of the problem comes from cultural differences and translation issues, the main one being the "suck you off" and the "suck out your life seed" comments. They explained it as kissing and mucus tissue contact, so I think something was lost in translation. I really didn't get the feeling that the anime was filled with innuendo and double-meanings (wink wink-nudge nudge). The whole thing had the feel of children behaving innocently, not realizing the sexual overtones of what they were doing.
Jul 19, 2012 2:01 AM
Jul 2012
Definitely underrated.

Idiots these days won't even give the show a chance just because of it's synopsis and then they'd pretend they watched the show.

It's clearly not labelled as hentai, so a little bit of common sense would have told you that they won't animate loli fellatios on-screen.
Jul 19, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2010
Gingy said:
Definitely underrated.

Idiots these days won't even give the show a chance just because of it's synopsis and then they'd pretend they watched the show.

It's clearly not labelled as hentai, so a little bit of common sense would have told you that they won't animate loli fellatios on-screen.

Yeah but isn't an anime supposed to have correct information on it's synopsis, that's the first thing you look at when you decide whether to watch an anime, some people were lucky enough to have read the number one review. Not many people look at the genre, sometimes they are wrong, and some shows are pretty risky without a hentai label on them.
Sep 2, 2012 5:57 AM

Jul 2012
Underrated.

I'm pretty sure the synopsis, I read was like " 12 year devil needs to make a harem of MEN" or something like that... which I dont like at all.. but I tho I might give it a chance. It was really worth the time spend.
Oct 29, 2012 9:03 PM

Jul 2011
Pankaka said:
No it is not underrated.

In fact is overrated.

It would have been a better story without the whole lolicon premise.
The characters were pretty likeable, except Naoya, he was a pathetic wimp.

Like I had mentioned somewhere else, It would have been a good story with just the queen and the two long lost succubus sisters.
Even then, wasn't it mentioned that succubus children inherit all of the succubus traits no matter what the other race is. So if Asuha is Merce&*&%$'s daughter, shouldn't she had become a succubus as well?

so that's another thing, it was unanswered in so many ways.
And only answered in one way, the worst one.
The 23 year old frilly girl looking MAN ending with a 10 year old succubus that looks like a 7 year old girl.

Oh and I wonder if Asterotte will be ok with the relationship after learning that he is the father of her half sister, and he slept with her mother.
Apparently he is fine with it. But she should have a say in it.
Wrong, just wrong.
Nov 4, 2012 8:06 AM

May 2012
I think it was pretty underrated. Just the misleading synopsis.
Deymn those people that voted that didn't even watched. =.="
Nov 7, 2012 9:53 PM
Sep 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
Pankaka said:
No it is not underrated.

In fact is overrated.

It would have been a better story without the whole lolicon premise.
The characters were pretty likeable, except Naoya, he was a pathetic wimp.

Like I had mentioned somewhere else, It would have been a good story with just the queen and the two long lost succubus sisters.
Even then, wasn't it mentioned that succubus children inherit all of the succubus traits no matter what the other race is. So if Asuha is Merce&*&%$'s daughter, shouldn't she had become a succubus as well?

so that's another thing, it was unanswered in so many ways.
And only answered in one way, the worst one.
The 23 year old frilly girl looking MAN ending with a 10 year old succubus that looks like a 7 year old girl.

Oh and I wonder if Asterotte will be ok with the relationship after learning that he is the father of her half sister, and he slept with her mother.
Apparently he is fine with it. But she should have a say in it.
Wrong, just wrong.

My exact thoughts.
Nov 8, 2012 2:26 AM
Nov 2010
@MoonxArtemis and KittenTeacups

Did you two watched the OVA? Because it seems you haven't.
Apr 24, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2010
Maybe not underrated (even though I voted it) but misleading. The premise here is just an excuse to bring main characters together and to make some comedy out of it while ecchi is pretty much ignorable. Story is heartwarming and worth watching, but nothing you didn't see before.

If I had to compare Astarotte with another anime, closest I can get it to is Hayate no Gotoku with little Zero no Tsukaima and Dog Days in it.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 26, 2013 2:03 PM
Sep 2011
This show uses a typical Japanese manga/anime ploy. They tell a standard story with essentially zero sexual content, and around its theme they play little grace notes of what would be transgressive behavior if it were ever consummated, which it isn't: just like a thousand high school stories with panty shots, but also with blushing boys who would never think of trying to instigate any actual sex.

The "grace notes" add enough spice to the story to (they hope) hold your interest while the perfectly standard love or other type story plays out, and occasionally gets boring, as all stories must.

"Kodomo no Jikan" is essentially this way. There is no sex between the male teacher and the girl, and in fact as the story goes on it becomes clear that the guy is such a decent man that it would be impossible for him to take advantage of the girl sexually because to do so would be incompatible with his sense of himself. The story as a whole is a touching tale of an unlikely love that grows very slowly between 2 people who are both in great need of some attention and concern.

It seems kind of beside the point to get all morally fluffed up about grace notes. I can never understand why people do it so often.
cecropiamothApr 26, 2013 2:11 PM
May 2, 2013 7:47 PM
May 2012
Yes. If you ask me unbelievely underated. Personally i was saved by it.
May 2, 2013 7:48 PM
Jul 2012
No
May 2, 2013 7:49 PM
May 2010
AnimeAllDay3 said:
Yes. If you ask me unbelievely underated. Personally i was saved by it.
Award for grave digging.
Aug 13, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2014
Wow, definitely NO.

Oct 9, 2016 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
Definitely yes

I'll admit I thought when I first started this anime, thought that it was going to be a raunchy ecchi anime with a little girl, but boy was I wrong

Such a heartwarming show with lots of drama. Not melodrama either, it actually has a important significance to the story

It's sad seeing the score for this anime low, because it deserves a 7.40+ score
Mar 24, 2017 7:32 AM

Oct 2016
I archived this show because of the synopsis but after I tried the few episodes, I knew this Anime is so damn underrated.

Sadly, the idea of a 10-year old loli doing the deed with a grown man was the doom of the show. Even though the plot itself didnt even focus on that.

It became more like a father-daughter development along the series.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 15, 2017 5:00 AM

Jan 2015
Currently, the show has a rating of 6.80, so no, it is not underrated. It is, however, incredibly overrated.
Oct 5, 2020 7:43 PM
Aug 2020
It is because of Sinopsis, same ecchi is really slight in my opinion.
Feb 7, 2021 12:19 PM

May 2020
I love this series it was one of my first ecchi that I stumbled on (I can't remember how) and it was funny and heartwarming and the animation and characters were pretty charming. I never found an ecchi similar to this one (and that the quality also holds up) till today.
“I am running away from my responsibilities. And it feels good.”
– Michael Scott
Feb 26, 2021 8:33 PM
May 2020
This is a sweet wholesome coming of age story that has some ecchi window dressing, and an over-the-top misleading synopsis. It would have done alot better if the ecchi stuff had been skipped completely and the sysnopsis had been more honest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yuki457 - Apr 10, 2011

123 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jan 30, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2011

136 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 5:18 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ROOMA4HELL - Jun 19, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 12, 2011

51 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:56 AM

Poll: » Astarotte no Omocha! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zexu - Jun 5, 2011

74 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 24, 2023 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.