Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2008 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These two are really made for each other... Saber and Emiya =)

There are questions though...
How did Emiya manage to survive getting half his stomach cut off?
or
Why didn't Archer interfere during the fight?

Will keep watching, things are getting interesting ^^

Oct 3, 2008 9:56 AM

May 2007
I find it hard to believe that Archer wasn't with Rin. That was obviously made up so that Emiya would get hit and he would get a reason to fight.

Lesson No.1: Always protect a girl, no matter what the consequences are.
Dec 11, 2008 1:32 AM

Jul 2008
Wow.. Is Sakura a vampire or something? She can smell blood on Rin so easily =.='

Dec 19, 2008 7:49 AM

Dec 2008
zhiying123 said:
Wow.. Is Sakura a vampire or something? She can smell blood on Rin so easily =.='

thats the power of an jealous girl XD
Sakura acted like she know,that Rin came from the direction of Emiya's house...

Nice episode
I'd like dialog between Rin and Emiya
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 12:20 AM

Oct 2008
For some reason, the way Emiya Shirou behaves really irritates me. The things he says, the words he uses. So naive, oblivious to the way things are. Keeps on shouting and calling out Saber again and again and again. Yet being unable to do anything, but still keeps on calling out her name.

His beliefs and the way he goes about doing things, his character, for some reason, annoys me the same way that Inoue Orihime from bleach does. The way he lets himself get taken advantage of and made use of by Matou Shinji in episode 2. Volunteering to get used by others and naively smiling about it. Especially when it's so obvious.

I have to admit though. In terms of principles, he and Saber suit each other.

I can't believe this. Am I the only one who feels this way about Shirou?
Apr 26, 2009 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
Wow Heracles huh? Well I doubt that Heracles really has all the power of Heracles in greek mythology but that sounds mightily strong. Wonder what's the heroic spirit of Saber?
Apr 26, 2009 8:43 AM

Jun 2008
TYSM said:
I can't believe this. Am I the only one who feels this way about Shirou?

Aside from that bit about Shirou and Saber being suited for each other, I agree absolutely.

While Saber is probably just as dense as Shirou, she, at least, is more altruistic.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jun 3, 2009 5:59 AM

Oct 2008
Heroic but careless...

Tohsaka Rin

Jun 4, 2009 4:24 AM

Jul 2008
Man, Shirou got fucked up. Even I felt that one, I can't believe he isn't dead again.
Jun 22, 2009 6:02 PM

Jan 2009
I'm really starting to like Saber. ^_^
Aug 8, 2009 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
I can't believe Emiya is still alive after that attack, he was almost half-dead and... Saber is pretty as always.
Sep 1, 2009 8:47 PM

Aug 2008
Whoa Berserk was Hyper Powerful.... But heck... how come Mr. Emiya is still alive!! That's just wicked man!!! After he almost got cut in two halves, the guy still managed to survive the fatal blow and be safe and sound the next morning (afew hours later!!)... Heck that regeneration ability is pretty useful ain't it? XD... So wimpy lame Shirou dun want to fight in the Holy Grail War, but he has to fight all because he signed the contract with Saber... In the end, he's getting attached to Saber and he's convinced to fight now... Which is good but just as Kira01 said... either Rin or Saber will be destroyed in the end of the War... Well meanwhile, looks like all the girls want Shirou, so this will turn into an actiony harem hahahaha... Nice one dude... I wanna a harem just like yours!!! XD.... Yeh he's useless (and he should learn something to fight back), but hey his coolness factor is still high hahaha

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2009 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
Nice episode. I like how the relationship between Shirou and Saber is shaping up, their little exchange at the end was funny XD
Nov 4, 2009 9:09 PM

Jan 2009
How the hell does that guy keep surviving! He's been killed twice and is perfectly ok.

Nov 20, 2009 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
First time Rin used magic to save him.
This time... well, you will know later on.

Anyway, I see that they are mixinf Fate and UBW path here (and will probably mix HF path as well later on). Not really liking that fact because one path has enough material to make a good anime series and mixing can have bad consequences.
Nov 27, 2009 1:44 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode, I'm curious as to how Shirou survived. Great dialogue between Saber and Shirou at the end.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2010 3:54 AM

Jun 2009
Anyone else think that Saber was Joan of Arc when she was alive (the first time)?
Jan 22, 2010 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
I think tohsaka used another jewel or something to help emiya again x.x if not then that regeneration is quite amazing o.o
Feb 17, 2010 11:52 PM

Sep 2009
Seems like Sakura may have some secrets. Saber's interaction with Emiya is great so far.
Mar 4, 2010 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Saber seems amazing! No wonder she's popular. And for the record I don't really like Emiya, I hate his character types. It bothers me to the ends of earth.

But I think his interaction with Saber has been great, so I'll give him that much. And why do I get the feeling that Sakura is going to go maybe haywire towards the end? I don't like her. Not one bit.
Mar 25, 2010 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
Why Shirou didn't die: He visited the Tiger Dojo.
Aug 12, 2010 3:27 AM

Jun 2009
I wonder if his father died after hearing Shirou's words that he can now die with someone to continue his works

Saber seeing simple problems as enemy -funny
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 6, 2010 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
At the crying scene ... there was a BL incest atmosphere for a moment ...
Saber is so moe <3 !
Dec 19, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
Man, Saber is awesome! I love her earnest and no-nonsense approach to everything ("extravagance is our enemy"). On top of that, she seems to be quite moe as well ^__^

Also, Sakura was pretty sharp this episode...I REALLY hope there's no love triangle or something bothersome like that. Had enough of that in Shakugan no Shana, which this show definitely reminds of. At any rate, hoping for some good character development and fights in the future.
Feb 10, 2011 2:48 AM

Aug 2010
Shirou was brave but careless. I can see Saber and Shirou as a very strong team. Maybe we'll get to know what Sabers ambitions are with the holy grail.
May 29, 2011 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
:O
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 14, 2011 11:06 PM

Jul 2010
Cool episode but i really don't understand why Rin is helping Shirou aren't they suppose to be rivals in this?
Jun 15, 2011 12:17 AM
Dec 2007
Fullmetal51 said:
Cool episode but i really don't understand why Rin is helping Shirou aren't they suppose to be rivals in this?
She has the hots for Shirou, duh. Well, that and Shirou is not a magus, just a magic user. She didn't want to fight him when he was confused. After all, Kiritsugu was supposed to properly explain everything to whomever was his succesor, which he didn't.

Sep 10, 2011 10:18 AM

Sep 2008
amusingnickname said:
Anyone else think that Saber was Joan of Arc when she was alive (the first time)?

I was thinking that first time also.
Oct 28, 2011 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Fullmetal51 said:
She has the hots for Shirou, duh. Well, that and Shirou is not a magus, just a magic user. She didn't want to fight him when he was confused. After all, Kiritsugu was supposed to properly explain everything to whomever was his succesor, which he didn't.

After reading this part in the VN, I don't agree with this. It's more to do with his relationship with a certain someone than anything. That and Rin is shown to be a rather "honorable" person.

insan3soldiern said:
Good episode, I'm curious as to how Shirou survived. Great dialogue between Saber and Shirou at the end.

I echo myself from a few years ago, this was the first episode i've really enjoyed.

Oh, and to answer the question of why Archer didn't show up. He was severely injured when attacked by Saber and thus has to heal up..if I remember correctly, Rin sent him back to her mansion with her command spell. I'm again not exactly sure why the anime left out a fairly important detail.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 5, 2012 5:59 PM
Jan 2012
EMIYA.IRRITATES.ME

I hate this kind of character.
But Saber is awesome ^-^
Jul 10, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2011
hahha so cool
Aug 21, 2012 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
Saber is pretty awesome, I have to say.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 4, 2012 1:43 AM

May 2012
Great fight, nice action and a good ending, lets go on with our story!
Jan 25, 2013 1:54 AM
Aug 2011
Sakura can be one of them too, after all. Imo musics are epic, but the scenes are not epic enought for those musics yet. I guess it will be better as I proceed.
Feb 10, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
amusingnickname said:

Not exactly but you're on the right track...Man really watching Zero first makes a whole lot of this make sense.
Mar 4, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2012
Differently than in Zero, this time Saber and her master are getting along well. Can't wait to see other classes.

Jun 13, 2013 1:19 AM

Nov 2012
hiya, nice hit berserker! love it! :D
btw whats wrong with ilya? she is boring after hiting her "onii-chan" lol XD

btw saber look so quiet in this episode.. not fun :(
Jun 13, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
ItsMeAndrea said:

lol XD I never thought about that.. well his grandfather is vampire after all :3
Jul 21, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2013
Haha, Shirou gets knocked trying to protect a girl 10 times stronger than him, nice to see him do that.

Jul 23, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Not exactly but you're on the right track...Man really watching Zero first makes a whole lot of this make sense.

That's because F/Z spoils almost everything in first episode. I still think the best order to enjoy this this is (game, not needed but it's better to play the original first and watch anime after that) -> F/SN (Fate Route) - > UBW - > F/Z (starting with this may sound cool but almost nothing will surprise you after that)- > F/KL (just for references).

Anyway, many nice moments this time. I like the moment where wounded Saber was supporting herself by her invisible sword (scene taken from game). And also Saber sitting in dojo with ordinary clothes on. Sakura infuriated by Rin coming from Emiya household was also cute ^^
Jul 23, 2013 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
WolfWood37 said:

That's because F/Z spoils almost everything in first episode. I still think the best order to enjoy this this is (game, not needed but it's better to play the original first and watch anime after that) -> F/SN (Fate Route) - > UBW - > F/Z (starting with this may sound cool but almost nothing will surprise you after that)- > F/KL (just for references).

Anyway, many nice moments this time. I like the moment where wounded Saber was supporting herself by her invisible sword (scene taken from game). And also Saber sitting in dojo with ordinary clothes on. Sakura infuriated by Rin coming from Emiya household was also cute ^^
Although I think it is obvious you forgot to add HF there..
Jul 23, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
Although I think it is obvious you forgot to add HF there..

I would add it but Heavens Feel lacks its animated version. But if we are lucky we will get it next year or the year after from Ufotable.
Jan 29, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode. Look forward to more.
May 12, 2014 2:09 PM
Jun 2013
Ah so they die and just go back where they belong though it must still hurt like hell to die.Im surprised this guy wasint cut in half it was a giant piece of rock swung by a super strong guy.I was also curious on why random people where getting killed and seems like we got our answer.
Jun 29, 2014 6:48 AM

Dec 2010
This was a great episode, I was already having this opinion at the part when the Requiem played. Tohsaka is my fave, and roflmao at Sakura being jealous :D

So far the show's really enjoyable.
Aug 21, 2014 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
SABER! SABER! Man, I hate when they shout names 10 times per minute in anime/manga.

oldpier said:
Why Shirou didn't die: He visited the Tiger Dojo.

lol
Sep 9, 2014 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Oh, Illya is such a cold blooded girl :o Not even as sweet as her mother. And she has a Berserker-class servant that's super strong, amazing! Maybe she's also going to turn into the Holy Grail in the end like Irisvil :o
So Shirou was healed by Saber's Avalon...
I expect Sakura to be on this war for the Holy Grail, maybe she's Lancer's master? I bet she'll be acting under the Matou's family orders :/ Excited to see Rin and Sakura together, I wonder what'd happen =X
Wut? "Eating" or "killing" humans gives servants magic power? That wasn't stated in F/Z... Maybe that's the reason why Gille de Rais, the Caster-class in F/Z, was killing so many kids, but I always thought they did it for pleasure/fun... It's getting a bit confusing now.
Saber is kawaii in F/SN, is not as a crappy character as in F/Z *-*
Sep 10, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
[quote=b1GZZ]Oh, Illya is such a cold blooded girl :o Not even as sweet as her mother.[/spoiler] Having your parents taken away does that to a person.
Excited to see Rin and Sakura together, I wonder what'd happen =X

Nothing. Don't expect any resolution or explanation in that.
[quote]Wut? "Eating" or "killing" humans gives servants magic power? That wasn't stated in F/Z... Maybe that's the reason why Gille de Rais, the Caster-class in F/Z, was killing so many kids, but I always thought they did it for pleasure/fun... It's getting a bit confusing now.[/spoiler]
Because FSN comes first and explains most of conepts, so there's no need for it to be stated in F/0. Also no, F/0 Caster was just an insane freak.

Mana transfer works either directly via grail(like most masters/servants), via sexual behavior or via bloody ritualistic murders.
Sep 10, 2014 8:55 AM
Jul 2014
[quote=Fai][quote=b1GZZ]Oh, Illya is such a cold blooded girl :o Not even as sweet as her mother.[/spoiler] Having your parents taken away does that to a person.
Excited to see Rin and Sakura together, I wonder what'd happen =X

Nothing. Don't expect any resolution or explanation in that.
Wut? "Eating" or "killing" humans gives servants magic power? That wasn't stated in F/Z... Maybe that's the reason why Gille de Rais, the Caster-class in F/Z, was killing so many kids, but I always thought they did it for pleasure/fun... It's getting a bit confusing now.[/spoiler]
Because FSN comes first and explains most of conepts, so there's no need for it to be stated in F/0. Also no, F/0 Caster was just an insane freak.

Mana transfer works either directly via grail(like most masters/servants), via sexual behavior or via bloody ritualistic murders.
Do you feel the need to correct/attack people on every fate thread?
I'M GONE NOW
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DaBigD - Oct 3, 2008

136 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.