Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2011 11:34 AM

Feb 2010
after the boring last ep we are back on track.
Dec 10, 2011 11:35 AM
Oct 2009
Neliei said:
Wow! That's a awesome noble phantasm. He is definitely a lot stronger than Rider in Fate/ Stay Night

It's quite troublesome to speak in terms of strength in Fate, since each confront has numerous variables which affect the outcomes, so having a more awesome Noble Phantasm doesn't mean that much. The most obvious example of this is how Gilgamesh was defeated in the UBW route by an apparently inferior warrior. Actually, he WAS inferior, but the circumstances helped a lot.

Oh, and I really loved this episode... Although I couldn't resist the temptation and went ahead to read the novel first.
TomahDec 10, 2011 11:39 AM
Dec 10, 2011 11:36 AM

Aug 2011
great episode, man, it was totally epic!!
The 'meeting' with three epic kings was awesome by itself, but seeing rider's noble phantasm, is something beyond epicness!!!
LOL, at then totally annihilating the assassins, but what hit me the most, was how different all three kings' ideals were, and i think saber has been left mentally hurt...
anyways, can't wait for the next episode!!! XD
Dec 10, 2011 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Rider with a big ass barrel of wine, epic. Those assassins pissed off Rider by getting wine on his white T. Too much greatness in this episode.
Dec 10, 2011 11:42 AM

Jan 2010
And so he was called, Alexander the GAR.

Loved this episode, but every now and then there were some quality...issues? Not sure what to make of them.

Also, I loved how there was no opening since there was so much crap to fit into this one episode. Great decision I'd say.
ShockedDec 10, 2011 11:48 AM
Dec 10, 2011 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Now that a servant is finally eliminated watch someone complain it was too sudden.

Good ep, liked the LN counterpart a bit more as usual, but hey this episode was still great.
Dec 10, 2011 11:52 AM
Aug 2011
Pretty sure those assassins were sent to die in hopes of seeing his Noble Phantasm. I mean when assassins make themselves known so boldly it seems pretty obvious.
Dec 10, 2011 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
One down. Err, 40 down?

Great episode. I didn't really notice anything weird animation wise. Lot's of different camera angle and drinking faces, but I felt that it was how it was supposed to be. Sometimes they would keep their faces towards their drink, but still look towards someone, is that the weird eyes people are talking about?
Dec 10, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Dr_Smurph said:
Pretty sure those assassins were sent to die in hopes of seeing his Noble Phantasm. I mean when assassins make themselves known so boldly it seems pretty obvious.
Exactly my thoughts. That's why Gilgamesh was acting the way he was. Most possibly due to Tokiomi's instructions whom Gilgamesh whom is not stupid enough to divulge them.

Furthermore I believe Gilgamesh does have a anti against Rider's Noble Phantasm or so I heard.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 10, 2011 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
I hate this episode so much. Why? They cut all the important parts, added with some of ridiculous directions to hide Sakuga Hokai. No, no you can't ufotable. You've ruined this episode, and you take the responsibility.

They cut just about everything that made this part climax + the most emotional part of first half. ufotable ruined both script + sakuga of this supposedly the most godly episode. There is no excuse.

Dropping down to 9. It really hit my head. My tinted glass is suddenly gone and now I see gigantic bubble.
Dec 10, 2011 12:21 PM

Dec 2007
I want to see the rider versus archer battle that will be good.
Dec 10, 2011 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
ringoo4 said:
I hate this episode so much. Why? They cut all the important parts, added with some of ridiculous directions to hide Sakuga Hokai. No, no you can't ufotable. You've ruined this episode, and you take the responsibility.

They cut just about everything that made this part climax + the most emotional part of first half. ufotable ruined both script + sakuga of this supposedly the most godly episode. There is no excuse.

Dropping down to 9. It really hit my head. My tinted glass is suddenly gone and now I see gigantic bubble.
Woah! I am not following you here, why is that so bad and what is Sakuga Hokai exactly?

I find the climax fine but guess that is because I lack the experience you had with what you mention so what is so amazing about Sakuga Hokai? I seriously cannot follow you and need more details of your claim.

BTW you do know that a #2 chance is available in the BDs. They sure can change that scene and make it better.
Yumekichi11Dec 10, 2011 12:33 PM

Dec 10, 2011 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ringoo4 said:

Woah! I am not following you here, why is that so bad and what is Sakuga Hokai exactly?

I find the climax fine but guess that is because I lack the experience you had with what you mention so what is so amazing? I seriously cannot follow you and need more details of your claim.
Sakuga Hokai means when there is bad drawings - errors whatever in animation. They used tones of directions to reduce quality of sakuga without being to noticable, but it was obvious they are still there.

Now, I will tell you what part from the novel was cut;

-Gilgamesh's theory on king - CUT. This is supposed to KO Saber with her idealism, but that was not described properly.
-The reason for Assasin coming - CUT
-Rider and Gilgamesh teaming up - CUT
-Gilgamesh accepting Rider and saying he is going to kill him - CUT
-Proper reason for Rider trying to meet Saber - CUT

Before this episode:
-Most of caster part that is supposed to be in 10th episode - CUT
-Foreshadowing of Rider's hidden skill - ALL CUT
Dec 10, 2011 12:37 PM

Jun 2011
My goodness. Rider was absolutely brilliant this episode.
Dec 10, 2011 12:40 PM

Nov 2011
-watched Rider, Saber, and Gilgamesh calmly sit and drink together-
Lolwut? Is this a crack episode?
Dec 10, 2011 12:40 PM

Nov 2009
I'm pretty sure most of us novel readers have come to expect the cuts by now, if you haven't then I guess you're in line for some more dissapointment.

Without comparing to the novel it was still a good episode, the only real flaw being the stupid drawing at certain points, mostly in the beginning of the episode. No idea what happened there.
Dec 10, 2011 12:42 PM

Oct 2011
Gud ep.
Dec 10, 2011 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
ringoo4 said:
First let me say to you GLORIOUS POST! Very well shows the missing stuff and now I wonder who else can post the details of the cut parts from the LN in details so I can savour them.

That being said IMO they want to milk the heck out in Vol 5 and 6 of this series. Because you know I am right that huge chunks will be changed and added. If they do add this stuff that you mention missing it will be worth anyone's $$$. Trust me I have yet to post Blood-C's BD gore and I confirmed something from the BDs of Working season that they did add scenes of extra in the BDs. So simply put I truly hope they will not fail in putting these parts in the BD if they don't then I am on your side for this.

So despair not till you really see it in the BDs provided you do have time in the future.

Dec 10, 2011 12:43 PM
Sep 2011
ringoo4 said:

The episode will be probably be at least 30 mins in length for the blu-ray version. About half of the episode preview including Tokiomi and Kirei scene was cut for time and even the OP as well. Time constraints for tv broadcast suck but have to live with it.
Dec 10, 2011 12:44 PM

Dec 2007
LostHanyou said:
I'm pretty sure most of us novel readers have come to expect the cuts by now, if you haven't then I guess you're in line for some more dissapointment.

Without comparing to the novel it was still a good episode, the only real flaw being the stupid drawing at certain points, mostly in the beginning of the episode. No idea what happened there.

Plus many of the cut lines will be included in the BD release anyway (like Gilgamesh telling Rider that he'll kill him)
Dec 10, 2011 12:45 PM

Oct 2010
Charliehsv said:
LostHanyou said:

Plus many of the cut lines will be included in the BD release anyway (like Gilgamesh telling Rider that he'll kill him)
Is it confirmed on the site of that or it's like hopes like I have?

Just wondering, because you sound like you are most certain about it.

Dec 10, 2011 12:46 PM

Feb 2010
I was a bit annoyed with the cuts in this episode too but I'm still holding high hopes for the BD release.

Still, good episode and I especially liked how well Ionian Hetaroi was animated! 4/5
Dec 10, 2011 12:48 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
let me say to you GLORIOUS POST! Very well shows the missing stuff and now I wonder who else can post the details of the cut parts from the LN in details so I can savour them.

That being said IMO they want to milk the heck out in Vol 5 and 6 of this series. Because you know I am right that huge chunks will be changed and added. If they do add this stuff that you mention missing it will be worth anyone's $$$. Trust me I have yet to post Blood-C's BD gore and I confirmed something from the BDs of Working season that they did add scenes of extra in the BDs. So simply put I truly hope they will not fail in putting these parts in the BD if they don't then I am on your side for this.

So despair not till you really see it in the BDs provided you do have time in the future.
No. I'm not buying that. I'm not buying your reasoning, nor BD of this series. This episode was just so ruined in just about every aspect; Sakuga, direction, characterisation, script, plot development, emotional devices, foreshadowing, connections... Just everything. It is so bad, adding or changing stuffs can't do anything.

The thing is, 10th episode was glorious with loli Rin and original development. WTF. If they are going to do this, I would say, GO LEARN SHAFT.

Perloo said:
The episode will be probably be at least 30 mins in length for the blu-ray version. About half of the episode preview including Tokiomi and Kirei scene was cut for time and even the OP as well. Time constraints for tv broadcast suck but have to live with it.
I know the fact they are going to change in BD, more than everyone else. That doesn't changed the fact that they basically killed this episode. Cutting cannot be excuse of money. Episode itself - was - horrible shit.
Dec 10, 2011 12:48 PM

Aug 2011
LostHanyou said:

Yeah, i was expecting some more epicness in this scene, except for the servants of Rider, Waver and the assassins, all the other characters were bad drawn,Especially Saber...
i can't believe in such a thing... anyway, good episode, but i will stay with the novel , the whole scene were better there, unfortunately.
Dec 10, 2011 12:50 PM

Oct 2010
ringoo4 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
let me say to you GLORIOUS POST! Very well shows the missing stuff and now I wonder who else can post the details of the cut parts from the LN in details so I can savour them.

No. I'm not buying that. I'm not buying your reasoning, nor BD of this series. This episode was just so ruined in just about every aspect; Sakuga, direction, characterisation, script, plot development, emotional devices, foreshadowing, connections... Just everything. It is so bad, adding or changing stuffs can't do anything.

The thing is, 10th episode was glorious with loli Rin and original development. WTF. If they are going to do this, I would say, GO LEARN SHAFT.

Perloo said:
I know the fact they are going to change in BD, more than everyone else. That doesn't changed the fact that they basically killed this episode. Cutting cannot be excuse of money. Episode itself - was - horrible shit.
Fine I will agree with you. They should have glorified less episode 10 and invest more in this one. That's all.

Dec 10, 2011 12:51 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Charliehsv said:
LostHanyou said:

Is it confirmed on the site of that or it's like hopes like I have?

Just wondering, because you sound like you are most certain about it.

It's confirmed, yes.
Dec 10, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Nice, philosophical episode. Saber really got owned by Rider, here. I think Rider's response is a pretty interesting way to take a second evaluation at all of the kings in history that we normally considered to be tyrants. Misunderstood by most, and that feeling of being naive forever gone when the kings realize they have to be more realistic.

The Assassins showing up was pretty cool too. When they spilled Rider's wine onto his favorite shirt, I was practically chanting at the screen for Rider to kill all those bastards. Looks like all of the Assassins got pwned, big time.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 10, 2011 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Fine I will agree with you. They should have glorified less episode 10 and invest more in this one. That's all.
Yes! That's the thing. They HAD opportunity to improve this episode. That's what kills me even more. They could've easily cut the original development of Loli Rin part and extend this episode much longer - that is really enough to make this part better. Well, they didn't. They even created bunch of Sakuga Hokai everywhere. That cannot be covered by any excuse when it is presented on the screen.
Dec 10, 2011 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
ringoo4 said:

-Gilgamesh's theory on king - CUT. This is supposed to KO Saber with her idealism, but that was not described properly.

Before this episode:

I actually read the novel about a month ago and I don't remember any of that stuff, other than the talk between Kotomine and Tokiomi. I'm pretty sure that Gilgamesh never teamed up with Rider against Assassin in the novel, either. Honestly, it's beginning to sound a bit like:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Dec 10, 2011 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
LunarMoon said:
ringoo4 said:

Before this episode:

I actually read the novel about a month ago and I don't remember any of that stuff, other than the talk between Kotomine and Tokiomi. I'm pretty sure that Gilgamesh never teamed up with Rider against Assassin in the novel, either. Honestly, it's beginning to sound a bit like:

Hurr durr. Mock better next time.
Dec 10, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2007
ringoo4 said:

Don't remember any of it, other than the comment by Gil about killing Rider, which will be on the Blu-Ray anyway. Not sure which Caster scene you're referring to but if it's the one I think it is, then it shouldn't appear until the next episode. As far as I know, Caster doesn't make any appearance between being defeated in the Einzbern Forest and finding out the state of his lair. I'm almost 100% certain on that. Everything else, though: If I can't even remember it without you reminding me, then it isn't important in my eyes. It's like the Fedora-Homburg example from TV Tropes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Dec 10, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
LunarMoon said:
ringoo4 said:

Don't remember any of it, other than the comment by Gil about killing Rider, which will be on the Blu-Ray anyway. Not sure which Caster scene you're referring to but if it's the one I think it is, then it shouldn't appear until the next episode. As far as I know, Caster doesn't make any appearance between being defeated in the Einzbern Forest and finding the state of his lair. I'm almost 100% certain on that. Everything else, though: If I can't even remember it without you reminding me, then it isn't important in my eyes. It's like the Fedora-Homburg example from TV Tropes.
They are important. Each bit was what made this part of novel so emotional and the best scene of the first half. Even that novel phantasm by Rider was ruined by horrible Sakuga. Just remember King's Banquet was almost 1 hour in length when it was on Drama CD. They really outdid their cutting. They should've shorten Loli Rin's part and lengthen it more. It was so disappointing for me.

Caster combi part --> Uryuu/caster finds their hide-out being burnt. Uryuu was really depressed about it, but Caster encourages Uryuu kindly (...) and lead to mass destruction. When I do know this part comes later on, I'm certain it is cut even on BD since they added original content where Uryuu just normally collects kids in other place in the original part added in previous episode. Sorry for not being detailed.

Edited:

Ah, to add another complain, even if I remove all my disappointment from cutting stuffs and whatever, direction was bad as it is. For the Rider vs Saber discussion, you know how they are showing back of their body one and another?
ringoo4Dec 10, 2011 1:31 PM
Dec 10, 2011 1:30 PM

Oct 2010
Charliehsv said:
OK got it so MILKING confirmed. They should have done that with #10 man. That is just plain sad to see so much out and now I understand ringoo4 in regards to "Why the fuck we need to pay for EPIC stuff to be taken out" precisely when #10 was done better IMO due to it having almost nothing taken out at all but added.

Dec 10, 2011 1:32 PM

Nov 2011
Assassin, answer me! Assassin? Assassiiiiiin!
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 10, 2011 1:38 PM

Nov 2009
Well he does bring up a few scenes that are very important and should have been included, ESPECIALLY some of the missing interaction between Gilgamesh/Rider, and he didn't even mention how some of the dialogue that was included was changed (and really shouldn't have been). I was actually consciously disappointed that Gilgamesh didn't start laughing like a lunatic as he did in the drama CD as well.

But such complaints are getting rather nitpicky at this point. The only way they could have improved the pacing would have been to expand this into episode 12, since they already wasted episode 10, which was a bad decision on their part. They didn't, but if they will expand this episode in the bluray, I see no reason to continue to be disatisfied, like ringoo seems so adamant on being.
Dec 10, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
LostHanyou said:
but if they will expand this episode in the bluray, I see no reason to continue to be disatisfied, like ringoo seems so adamant on being.
That's a bloody bad excuse for any animation studio. Remember how Shaft was always criticised for not completing their episode properly? I see nothing better from ufotable's tectics.
Dec 10, 2011 2:07 PM

Nov 2009
After the shit shaft broadcast cutouts the finished product (bakemono) was pretty damn good. What ufotable seems to be doing is exactly the same, as you said.

However it seems like you're disregarding the very distinct possibility that this episode will be vastly improved in the future. While the planning for this series has been rather off with episode 10, if they came into making this series with the idea that the bluray would have much of the content, it seems forgivable in my eyes.

Perhaps I'm used to the shaft cutouts, but regardless...
Dec 10, 2011 2:25 PM

Feb 2011
rider comedy since the start? great :D
so now arcer is a wine dispenser... >.>

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 10, 2011 2:36 PM
Feb 2008
ringoo4 said:
LostHanyou said:
but if they will expand this episode in the bluray, I see no reason to continue to be disatisfied, like ringoo seems so adamant on being.
That's a bloody bad excuse for any animation studio. Remember how Shaft was always criticised for not completing their episode properly? I see nothing better from ufotable's tectics.

There is difference between what SHAFT is doing and what ufotable plans to do with this episode.
In case of SHAFT, they fix only animation, which is OK, because it doesnt change the story of character development. In this episode, they would need to add whole scenes and parts of dialogue to make it complete with novels. Which will obviously affect how people see the characters.

But I agree, that this episode was quite underwhelming and I can't excuse the amount of off-model faces for little bit of show-off.
Dec 10, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2011
Good ep but I feel that it would have been better off as an OVA or something. 11 eps in and it doesn't really feel as if anything has happened. (You know with there being 7 competitors and none of them dying besides the infinity assassins and the poor children.) Hopefully the 2nd season doesn't get rushed trying to kill everyone off because of this.

Anyways Rider is awesome would love to see his Noble Phantasm vs Gilgamesh's ^^
Dec 10, 2011 3:22 PM

Sep 2007
Finally, someone put Saber in her place. Go go Rider.
Dec 10, 2011 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Oh Rider is fucking awesome *.*

I actually would be a king like Saber, but i see the point of Rider, and he is right.

The best part for me was the respect Archer showed to Rider by attending his reunion and even offering his own wine and golden glass. He behaved like a true king XD And his quotes are still epic. What a shallow awesome reason: want the grail because all treasures in the world once belonged to him, lol.

and so Archer takes an interest in Saber after listening her "king speech". Archer found Kotomine interesting and now Saber, i bet he is happy to be entertained;D

Although i didnt read the whole novel, i was kinda sad to see dialogues that were removed. I wish they stick to the novel ;_; specially on what concerns Gil and Iskander ;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 10, 2011 4:20 PM

Dec 2009
Oh my... I don't have words for Rider's awesomness

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Dec 10, 2011 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
Great ep... Though we need to wait for BDs for the full ep i think
Dec 10, 2011 4:26 PM
Jun 2010
My love for Rider grows every episode..
Dec 10, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
I seriously don't get it. FZ didn't have any flaws until now, but I got mixed feelings while watching this episode. On the one hand it had great plot, dialogues and all that stuff but on the other hand crappy drawings. FZ always looked like masterpiece, but this episode was gross in couple of scenes. I know, the next one will probably look as good as usual but I'm quite disappointed because aside from the art, in my opinion, it was one of the best episodes.
Dec 10, 2011 4:34 PM

Sep 2010
ringoo4 said:
Sakuga Hokai means when there is bad drawings - errors whatever in animation. They used tones of directions to reduce quality of sakuga without being to noticable, but it was obvious they are still there.

Before this episode:

No, no you see they had cut those unnecessary plot stuff to invest in the real meat that was never in the book: Like moe Rin's filler adventures for lolicons. Good to know my fears were damn justified after the pathetic last episode. Instead of plot, we get Deen fanservice and completely ruined one of my favorite scenes in the book.
Dec 10, 2011 4:37 PM

Oct 2010
Best episode yet. Alexander is the fucking man. He wins the award for manliest anime character for the decade. LOL

For those of you who read the manga/novels or wherever fate series come from. Do Merlin ever show up?

Seems like they cut a lot of stuff either way this series is way better than Fate Night.

I seriously hate Saber. She is up there with Shu(Guilty Crown) and Yuki(Mirai Nikki) for most hated characters this year.

Archer still reminds me of Souther from Hokuto No Ken aka Fist of the North Star. They cockiness knows no bounds.
bonifideDec 10, 2011 4:42 PM
Dec 10, 2011 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
Fail. And I just increased the score to 10 to boot... How could they do this :(
Dec 10, 2011 4:43 PM
Aug 2010
Best episode so far, and that's saying a lot. Really enjoyed the argument over kingship. Rider remains my favorite servant.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.