Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2007 8:45 AM

Jan 2007
I know that the anime for most of the Tales games has apparently been pretty atrocious, but has anyone been checking out the manga? I found some scans of Tales of Destiny, Destiny II and Eternia, and while I've only checked out the two Destiny titles, I thought that they were both really cool.

I just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone was interested or had anything to say about it.
woo.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 4, 2007 6:46 AM

Apr 2007
I didn't even realise that they did Tales of Manga! I'll have to go scout it out now. Thank you for posting about it. ^^

As in regards to the anime, all they really are is fodder for the fans, or at least that's my opinion on the matter. It's a chance to see the characters fully animated, and I'm not ashamed to admit I stood there squeeing at my screen after naming various skills found in the anime.

The anime copy wasn't meant for people watching who haven't played, as they tend to leave out wide gaping holes in the plot, and in Phantasia's OAV the ending just seems to pinnacle's off in midair. With Symphonia for instance, I'm really quite curious where they're going to end, as they haven't even gotten through the first arc yet of the game, and they're half way through the OAV series! (Though saying that, I've only checked out the two OAV's so far, I've not seen the 13 episodes Tales of Destiny.)
Sep 5, 2007 12:21 PM

Jul 2006
Yup, I've pretty much read them all. and it's not the "13 episodes of Tales of Destiny"... it's Tales of Eternia, dammit. and that anime is horrible, seriously. I haven't seen the ToS OAV yet, but I will soon. I thought the ToP one was pretty well done, though slow at the beginning. Anyway, I've read ToE's manga, ToS's, ToD's, ToD2's, and TotA's and I have the actual manga of Legendia, but I don't want to scan it cause i'll bend the book. :( I haven't finished reading all of the volumes, though, because all of them aren't all scanned/translated yet.
Nov 3, 2007 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
I have volumes 5 and the EX of Symphonia, and when my friend gets back from Japan I'll have volumes 1-4. Never less, I've read a lot of it in Japanese already and it's really cute! I've only ever read Abyss and Symphonia, however, so I don't know how good the others are...
Feb 21, 2008 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
So far, I've started to read Tales of Eternia, Symphonia and Abyss.

I'm greatly disappointed in the chara design of ToA manga...they're not pretty at all, but the story-telling is as faithful as it could be.
They've even made special series of ToA with second characters as the main protagonists, like Ion, Emperor Peony (young) or Asch. These are really good story-wise, a real delight for the ToA fans
Feb 21, 2008 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
PetiteChatonne said:
So far, I've started to read Tales of Eternia, Symphonia and Abyss.

I'm greatly disappointed in the chara design of ToA manga...they're not pretty at all, but the story-telling is as faithful as it could be.
They've even made special series of ToA with second characters as the main protagonists, like Ion, Emperor Peony (young) or Asch. These are really good story-wise, a real delight for the ToA fans

Ditto. That was exactly what I though. I got used to the art after a while, and they still make Luke look really cute sometimes, but I don't like the overall char. designs. The Gaiden stories are SO depressing. Asch's nearly made me cry.
Feb 22, 2008 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
Absolutely! I was very moved and understood a lot more how he had seen things...
Emperor peony's story will no doubt move me too, later...
And as for Ion's story.....i was very shocked at how they made it ! but it's interesting, at first I thought it would be a boring story but I was fortunately mistaken there ;)
May 26, 2008 9:08 AM

Sep 2007
I really want to own the Destiny 2 manga in particular... the art looks gorgeous. I've read the Destiny manga and it was amazing as well~
Oct 17, 2010 3:31 AM
Jul 2007
i guess im the opposite from a lot of people. ToA is really my favorite of the Tales mangas. i love the art in it... and even though its not totally loyal to the game, its quite an artistic reinvention of the story and i find it rather cool. i keep wanting to see how the scenes are done in it :P i like how it has really fun highs and really dramatic lows on the emotional scale.

i really dislike the Symphonia and Vesperia mangas. the others are alright, though.
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Apr 14, 2014 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
OrigamiDJ said:
banned because has he showered recently?

banned because I.didn't go near him to smell him to be honest x)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favourite Tales story

roseice - May 26, 2008

27 by ZubaruMidori »»
Feb 5, 2013 5:36 AM

» Favorite Tales Opening Song?

Klaire - Nov 27, 2008

19 by pfffff »»
Dec 14, 2011 2:31 AM

» Favorite/Disliked Character(s)!

Tenks - Feb 9, 2008

41 by nanru »»
Jun 2, 2011 5:06 PM

» Introductions

veneamin - Jan 7, 2008

49 by Jabaxaro »»
Apr 14, 2009 7:46 AM

» Tales Brigade

FullmetalPikachu - Oct 8, 2008

0 by FullmetalPikachu »»
Oct 8, 2008 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.