Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2011 8:25 AM
Jun 2011
I've been recetly trying to change my password back to my original password, I changed it but now I want it the former back, but whenever I try it says:

The following errors occurred:
- Supply a new e-mail address to use
- Invalid password.

I changed my e-mail and still I can't change it. What should I do?
Dec 12, 2011 4:54 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Try this: http://myanimelist.net/password.php
p r o f i l e 👀
Apr 5, 2013 9:36 AM
Feb 2012
I go to this link ----> http://myanimelist.net/password.php
but I don't want them to give me a new password. I want to create a new one myself. Is there anyway to do that? I've been searching and I haven't found anything.
Apr 5, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
tsukichan569 said:
but I don't want them to give me a new password. I want to create a new one myself. Is there anyway to do that? I've been searching and I haven't found anything.
If you go here then you can change your password(but of course you have to know your old one). Or is it that you don't remember your password? Because then you would have a new one sent to you, then you can change it using that link I gave you.
Nov 14, 2013 8:55 AM
Oct 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
tsukichan569 said:
If you go here then you can change your password(but of course you have to know your old one). Or is it that you don't remember your password? Because then you would have a new one sent to you, then you can change it using that link I gave you.

Same here, but you can't change it there:

"An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with your username and new password."

Did anyone found a way, because I can't find it either.
Nov 14, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
mothyl said:
IntroverTurtle said:
tsukichan569 said:

Same here, but you can't change it there:

"An e-mail will be sent to you shortly with your username and new password."

Did anyone found a way, because I can't find it either.
I already put the link in my post where you go to change your password. It works, I've changed my password through there multiple times.

http://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=myoptions
Nov 14, 2013 9:39 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
You're probably hitting enter instead of actually clicking 'Change Password', right?
Try actually clicking.
Jun 17, 2017 5:09 PM
Feb 2017
All these are shitty. I am trying to change my password but I can't unless I change my username as well. That's garbage!
May 24, 2018 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
I'm having the same problem. When I try to change to a new password, it says that I have to choose a new username too. There must be another way!
May 24, 2018 5:05 PM

Jul 2008
ReishiRei said:
I'm having the same problem. When I try to change to a new password, it says that I have to choose a new username too. There must be another way!

Leave the Username field blank or write your Username exactly.
ReishiRei NOT reishirei
Click on Submit, don't hit Enter.

May 24, 2018 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Ioay said:
ReishiRei said:

Leave the Username field blank or write your Username exactly.
ReishiRei NOT reishirei
Click on Submit, don't hit Enter.

Thanks, it worked!! ;)
Kind of embarrassed now kkkkkk
I was leaving the username as it appeared, all in lowercase.
May 24, 2018 10:16 PM
May 2018
With the Problems with iMAL i got an email asking me to change my password and i tried, but when i got to the authentication part it wanted my current password and i don’t remember it. I don’t want to create a new account, so i was wondering if you could help me?
May 24, 2018 10:45 PM

Mar 2012
IAMMINATO said:
but when i got to the authentication part it wanted my current password and i don’t remember it. I don’t want to create a new account, so i was wondering if you could help me?

If you went though the password reset steps, the "current password" is the one you got in the e-mail.
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
May 24, 2018 10:50 PM
May 2018
motoko said:
IAMMINATO said:
but when i got to the authentication part it wanted my current password and i don’t remember it. I don’t want to create a new account, so i was wondering if you could help me?

If you went though the password reset steps, the "current password" is the one you got in the e-mail.

Thank you.

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - 8 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
8 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
9 hours ago

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Today, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Today, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.