3It was OK
11.0%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.4
172 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 8, 2011 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing the idol girl on TV again.

They find Kuma, who is being lonely. lol @ the deliquent's megane (then losing it and got a better one!)

Place with ion and they have show of the idol girl. The "real" idol girl is being the poor "guest". By denying it, it became rainbow girl who can scan through them.

lol @ Kuma for releasing unknown power that even it cannot scan to block her attack. Kuma being shrinking and the shadow in broken image. With Kuma's suggesting about thinking together, idol girl accepting and she got the persona. There's another (evil) Kuma? He became huge.

Idol girl released her persona immediately to scan it. He fought against evil self saying that even if there's no answer, he's finding it himself. Kuma also gains persona by finding the answer with everyone.

Summer festival next? And who's that person who's being upside down up so high?
tsubasaloverDec 8, 2011 10:16 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2011 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Kuma's shadow is so damn awesome.

4/5
Dec 8, 2011 9:20 AM

May 2010
Your futile existence has no meaning~~.....fsteak...
Super Saiyan Teddie, GO! lol.

The StripClub, Showtime playing, Striptease playing, pole dancing, giant rainbow Shadow Stripper and Himiko all made me wet my pants to an extent where, my pants are no longer wearable/useable. There's nothing like a giant rainbow stripper shooting stuff out of a pole to make you want to play the game again, atleast to that point for me, hehe.

Everyone is here now, besides the "other", who will join waaaay later. So no more personas for a while, more murders/SLinks now, I guess.... Which means possible job and music club??

Anyway, this episode is deff missing more "explicit" stuff from shadow Rise....Really..where the hell was the pole humping?lol... Rise's exhaustion after getting/summoning her Persona was just thrown out, I guess, Lovers Arcana already in his possession when it would have been better to keep the Star Arcana, but not really a big deal... Actual fighting between Kuma's shadow was needed...The way Shadow Teddie was portrayed in the game was suppose to make his battle epic here, well atleast to me... And where in god's name was Teddie's damn corny "Stripe" jokes about zebras and whatnot?....Which makes this episode kinda below average - comparing to the game.... But I guess still decent for 2 bosses in 1 episode, episode kinda went by in a second... Did like the few changes with all the different Risette's and the pole becoming a shooting object though. Still disappointing for me..Now to wait for quality RAW and subs..Perhaps re-watching it a few times will make me like it more...

And here comes the optimistic Rise everyone "hates", lol. Oh and, "Catch me if you can" next episode! Another epic arc. Seems kinda weird how the anime is already this far in..Also wondering how they will use up the later Summer season of the game besides the Festival thing...
Dec 8, 2011 9:43 AM

Apr 2010
RealScreamer said:
Your futile existence has no meaning~~.....fsteak...
Super Saiyan Teddie, GO! lol.

The StripClub, Showtime playing, Striptease playing, pole dancing, giant rainbow Shadow Stripper and Himiko all made me wet my pants to an extent where, my pants are no longer wearable/useable. There's nothing like a giant rainbow stripper shooting stuff out of a pole to make you want to play the game again, atleast to that point for me, hehe.

Everyone is here now, besides the "other", who will join waaaay later. So no more personas for a while, more murders/SLinks now, I guess.... Which means possible job and music club??

Anyway, this episode is deff missing more "explicit" stuff from shadow Rise....Really..where the hell was the pole humping?lol... Rise's exhaustion after getting/summoning her Persona was just thrown out, I guess, Lovers Arcana already in his possession when it would have been better to keep the Star Arcana, but not really a big deal... Actual fighting between Kuma's shadow was needed...The way Shadow Teddie was portrayed in the game was suppose to make his battle epic here, well atleast to me... And where in god's name was Teddie's damn corny "Stripe" jokes about zebras and whatnot?....Which makes this episode kinda below average - comparing to the game.... But I guess still decent for 2 bosses in 1 episode, episode kinda went by in a second... Did like the few changes with all the different Risette's and the pole becoming a shooting object though. Still disappointing for me..Now to wait for quality RAW and subs..Perhaps re-watching it a few times will make me like it more...

And here comes the optimistic Rise everyone "hates", lol. Oh and, "Catch me if you can" next episode! Another epic arc. Seems kinda weird how the anime is already this far in..Also wondering how they will use up the later Summer season of the game besides the Festival thing...

After Kanji's gay pride, I'm not surprised at explicit content in Persona 4 anymore. =/
Dec 8, 2011 10:01 AM

May 2010
Solkiskey said:
After Kanji's gay pride, I'm not surprised at explicit content in Persona 4 anymore. =/

Lmao... This episode wasn't that "bad" as it was suppose to be though. Kanji's arc is labeled the "worst" in terms of "WTF?" now, since it was always a tie between his homosexual stuff and Rise's pole dancing filled with noises, *that should have not been heard in a video game*.. Now that most of the things that made Rise's dungeon awesome(for me) is not there, comparing it with ShadowKanjixKanji that was going on in the Sauna, is just futile, lol.
Dec 8, 2011 10:19 AM

Feb 2011
AHHH I WANT TO WATCH IT RIGHT NOOOOW!
...Where can I watch it? I don't want to wait like 3 more hours for the subs, that's how impatient I am :/
Dec 8, 2011 10:21 AM

Apr 2010
You can watch the subs on theanimenetwork in an hour and 30 minutes.
Dec 8, 2011 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
Is there also another site where I can watch it that's not theanimenetwork.
Theanimenetwork says the video isn't available in my region.
Dec 8, 2011 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Wait until the subs are out is all I can come up with. Or use a proxy like hotspot shield.
Dec 8, 2011 12:34 PM

May 2010
With the subs out now on TAN...Subs+Quality makes this episode good. Still would have preferred the pole humping, the famous line: "Let my naked truth be burned into your brains!" and Teddie's stripe/strip joke... but decent overall. Couldn't see clearly the first time watching but Himiko and Izanagi looked pretty epic...But it's probably due to not seeing Himiko as often in the game, pretty creative design despite being a bit creepy.

Dec 8, 2011 1:07 PM

Jun 2011
*ahem*

Rise is now my new waifu. Sorry Yuu, you can't have her! SHE'S ALL MINE!! You can have your other girls instead. ;)

*ahem* Now that that's over with...

Awesome episode as I expected it to be! I did miss a few things from the game, like Teddie's lame 'strip' joke, but they did get the 'stud' reference in there at the beginning. I also thought the gag glasses on Kanji was pretty hilarious. Of all the styles of glasses Kuma makes for the Investigation Team, Kanji's is the best with those shades - it just adds to his badassery. Speaking of which, I loved Kanji's theme that played when he got his real glasses and killed all those cop shadows (Fuzz), makes sense since only physical attacks would work on those particular enemies in Rise's dungeon. :)

I loved how Shadow Rise was portrayed in this episode, it was done way better than even the game showed, with all the multiple Risettes claiming that they were the 'real' Rise. The fight with Shadow Rise was pretty awesome, though I kind of missed the sexually suggestive poses and squishy sounds from the game (but I really thought she actually WAS going to take off her top right before Shadow Rise appeared - I was sorta disappointed :3).

On the other hand, the Shadow Teddie fight seems almost anti-climatic by comparison. Very disappointed, though I liked how Teddie was determined to search for his true self despite his shadow self saying it was pointless. Can you say FUTILE, boys and girls? ;) But Kuma's gonna train hard to help the Investigation Team catch the suspect, Kuma! Also, Rise hugging Yuu's arm at the end (like in the game) was pretty sweet -- HEY! HANDS OFF, Yuu! :p

Despite the lack of classic in-game references, still one of the best episodes of the season so far. 5/5, 10/10.

Mitsuo's arc is next! Should be a good one, considering that was one of my favorite dungeons in the game with its retro 8-bit theme. :)
NecrosaroDec 8, 2011 1:25 PM
Dec 8, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2010
All these heavy implications of a Rise End, I'm totally okay with this.

Despite fitting both the Shadow Rise and Shadow Teddie Boss fight in one episode made it rushed, it was still really enjoyable.

Oh and I can't be the only one who laughed at Brotag repeatedly pressing the record button while watching Shadow Rise on TV, only to find out the TV can't record the Midnight Channel? Haha.
Dec 8, 2011 1:32 PM

Jun 2011
Riga92 said:
Oh and I can't be the only one who laughed at Brotag repeatedly pressing the record button while watching Shadow Rise on TV, only to find out the TV can't record the Midnight Channel? Haha.

Yeah, I loved that scene too. Pretty hilarious, although not that surprising from our new-personality Yuu.

Edit: I just remembered I'm going on vacation all of next week. So I have to wait until right before Christmas to catch next week's episode. Oh well. ;_;
NecrosaroDec 8, 2011 1:50 PM
Dec 8, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
Not enough AWKWARD STIPPER DANCE and squishy noises.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Dec 8, 2011 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
Good episode, but holy crap those subs were terrible. Anyhow, the anime seems to be repetitive in storyline, it's usually :

Extreme supressed self->deny it->fighting->accept it->gain persona->

Up until now, I don't think Personas have been explained, kind of just have to assume, same with the alternate realm. The mystery "killer" is often overshadowed, making the mystery kind of trivial.

Anyhow, still enjoyable, great characters.
mdzDec 8, 2011 9:46 PM
Dec 8, 2011 2:52 PM

Jul 2007
KUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Holy shit i got scared to death at some point cause i was afraid my Kuma would die :3
Geez usually im not a sucker for comic-relief cute chars but this guy is SOOOOOOO awesome. Another awesome episode. This must be the best game adaption ever. <3
Dec 8, 2011 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Shadow Kuma. Still the creepiest one, nuff said.
Dec 8, 2011 3:47 PM
Jun 2010
Man, the Kuma part was WAY too rushed. That was one of the best parts in the game, and Shadow Kuma was friggin genuinely awesome & frightening. The anime Kuma shadow didn't even attack (unless you count that vacuum effect). And Kuma was way too confident. Shadow Kuma really could've used almost a full episode dedicated.

First P4 episode I'm really disappointed with....urgh...
Dec 8, 2011 4:29 PM

Jun 2009
lol I really laughed when Narukami was pressing the record button!! XD
At first I thought it was the volume but I paused it and I saw the record button lol

and kuma was really cute
mikado34 said:
Shadow Kuma. Still the creepiest one, nuff said.

yep^
Dec 8, 2011 4:31 PM

May 2009
The pacing was...a trainwreck. Aside from that, it was okay, I guess.
Dec 8, 2011 4:35 PM

Sep 2007
This ep felt a little rushed to me, but overall it was good! Too bad the stripper pole dancing was toned down. And while I'm okay with the heavily implied Yuu/Rise going on here, I'm kinda hoping the end will be a little open without any concrete pairings! Though a harem end would be the best, hahahaha.

Also Kuma was so cute this episode with all his KUMAAAAAAing and stuff. I'm probably just weird, but man...that Kuma be so cute.
Dec 8, 2011 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
RealScreamer said:
Seems kinda weird how the anime is already this far in..Also wondering how they will use up the later Summer season of the game besides the Festival thing...
What? Assuming they're going for true ending, they're only ~4/9th of the way through the game and it's episode 10 of 24... which is basically right on track.
Dec 8, 2011 5:36 PM

Oct 2008
Hahaha. They actually animated Rise's shadow battle, its pretty much the only reason the game is rate M.

Dec 8, 2011 5:48 PM

Oct 2010
Miya_F_Exia said:
The pacing was...a trainwreck. Aside from that, it was okay, I guess.

This so much. Everything was all over the place.

That being said, I enjoyed seeing character development from Teddie/Kuma.

also, fsteak. x3 (Too bad we can't make any more Hiimdaisy jokes after this. :/)
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Dec 8, 2011 6:36 PM

May 2010
bbobjs said:
What? Assuming they're going for true ending, they're only ~4/9th of the way through the game and it's episode 10 of 24... which is basically right on track.

Didn't mean it that way. Meant it like..."We were all just watching the 4th episode a couple days ago" and now it's 11 next week. But yeah, they are on track, I have no complaints on how they're going about things in terms of length of the story.

TMultimate said:
Hahaha. They actually animated Rise's shadow battle, its pretty much the only reason the game is rate M.

And Kanji "bad bad bathouse"....

LadyBolet said:
also, fsteak. x3 (Too bad we can't make any more Hiimdaisy jokes after this. :/)

Now that you've pointed that out, I'm a sad bear.

____
On another note:
http://i39.tinypic.com/iokpyp.jpg
Rise finally gets a "official" close up.. I'm sure even Fuuka had it in P3.. Even funnier that Koromaru had one too..Took Rise 2-3years for one, lol.
Dec 8, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2011
I've been waiting for this! Absolutely loved the part where Izanagi stabbed Shadow Teddie. And finally, we should get more Naoto after this. <3
Dec 8, 2011 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
prinn said:
First P4 episode I'm really disappointed with....urgh...

This. I don't mind if they have to make a 20 min junes frozen screen episode to save on production cost while going over S.Links. But please go all out on battles. I re-watched first few episodes and felt like the presentation on Yukiko's castle was done 300% better. Don't get me wrong, I think they had the right idea with the multiple Rise's personalities and Kuma's struggle with himself, but god, the animation that received critical hits on the past few episodes is on the ground dizzy now. And no I'm not being picky because some animator said something. Just watch that stupid first shadow that was trying to LICK Yuu. Izanagi combat was AMAZING. Now look at all the personas at this episode fighting something THAT CAN READ YOUR EVERY MOVE or SUCK YOU INTO DARK FOG. No movement, persona floats on screen.

I love P4, game and anime, but it's really hard to give it a 5( it does deserve it story-wise) when the whole battle against two bosses felt so stupid compared with them fighting Hableries on the first 2 episodes. It's because it started so well that it hurts so much to see it going down. Seriously, where is the donate to the studio button? If we all pitch in we might get animation back the way it was when they where at liquor store before they animate Naoto's Hama spells with powerpoint.
Faker_Dec 8, 2011 9:18 PM
Dec 8, 2011 10:15 PM
Apr 2011
My favorite episode by far.

Teddy's persona looked badass haha! Great pacing, and also awesome battle scenes!
Unfortunately I never got a chance to beat the game so I can't really compare it to the anime :P All I can say is, I'm really liking this haha!
Dec 8, 2011 11:05 PM

Feb 2008
The arts is not really important in this anime, kind of fitting well with it.
The story is perfect.
When I watch this it's feel so slow and fast pace on the same time.
I do like the soundtrack and Kanjis persona is so awesome haha.

Only people that play the game now the exacly details, they made this anime for the game fans. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 8, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2011
Kind of hated it. For me it was probably one of the worst so far, maybe even the worst. I'm really sad about that, actually. I feel like I've been put on the receiving end of a really bad joke. So much so that I'm expecting someone to jump out and say they were just kidding and give me the real episode.

I didn't have high expectations to begin with, hated Rise's dungeon to no end, but still feel gutted. In the end I feel like I would after someone put a bag of dog poo at my door, lit it on fire, rang the bell, and ran away. Basically I'm not only left feeling angry and disappointed, but have been left with a smelly shoe to boot.
Dec 8, 2011 11:52 PM

May 2008
What...Kuma's Shadow didn't even move...I was expecting his bear claw plowing through all of them...and one hit...wow >.>

At least there is the Kuma's Beary Epic Power attack and a Himiko/Izanagi Shot :D

Dec 9, 2011 12:52 AM
Apr 2011
UNTZ
Dec 9, 2011 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
God i forgot how creepy Teddies Shadow form was and still is!,like how kanji got his own BGM *when he was taking out all the fat cops*,still like others have said there was just something about *this* episode that felt all over the place in away.
Dec 9, 2011 1:29 AM

Nov 2010
Going to watch the game version of Rise and Kuma, brb.

Dec 9, 2011 2:02 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah it felt a little rush but people need to understand that this isn't a 50 episode anime where they can put 2-3 minutes gasping and standing in denial for extra drama piece. Anyway, I did enjoy the episode quite well. Next one can't come soon enough.

And yeah, YuuXRise shippers will be pleased. For a while anyway... ;)
Dec 9, 2011 2:06 AM

Nov 2010
Strangely the game version of Kuma's fight was worse than the anime version, aldo the anime version lacked the nebula attacks.

Dec 9, 2011 2:37 AM

Oct 2009
I agree with Faker, this week was pretty bad animation-wise.
I do wonder though, what are the opinions of anime-only watchers? Seems to me that 90% of the people here already played the game.
Dec 9, 2011 4:28 AM

Jul 2007
RedKey said:
I agree with Faker, this week was pretty bad animation-wise.
I do wonder though, what are the opinions of anime-only watchers? Seems to me that 90% of the people here already played the game.

Well i only played p3 (And i havent even finished it- Im at the point where the kid with spear becomes a playable char) and so i love the p4 anime. Dunno if that counts though since the games seem to be really similar.
Dec 9, 2011 5:08 AM
Sep 2011
Can't say that I enjoyed this episode. Hopefully the character introductions are done soon so that the murder cases get more featured because right now this show feels really repetitive. Animationwise it's not nice to look at neither but I guess that's to be expected with what's going on among the producers.
Dec 9, 2011 5:14 AM
Jun 2010
Don't like how Yu defeated Shadow Kuma..
It's too short ( ´・ω・`)
Dec 9, 2011 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
Hell yea, finally watched this episode with subtitles!
I waited a long time to watch Rise's dungeon and this is it! But it seems to me, I do not know, a little too short. I guess. And I understand Yosuke's reaction, heh. Anyways Teddie's Shadow looks AWE-SOME.
But uhh, Kanji looks better with the first glasses! >3
Dec 9, 2011 8:23 AM

May 2010
mdz said:
Anyhow, the anime seems to be repetitive in storyline, it's usually :

Up until now, I don't think Personas have been explained, kind of just have to assume, same with the alternate realm.

This. But the characters are still fun to watch.
Dec 9, 2011 8:50 AM

May 2009
mdz said:

Up until now, I don't think Personas have been explained, kind of just have to assume, same with the alternate realm. The mystery "killer" is often overshadowed, making the mystery kind of trivial.

Well, welcome to P4. That's basically what happens in the game, with the difference that you'd do some Social Links here and there despite people being throwed in the tv world. That's one source of negative feedback for P4 the game as well. Only in the end this situation will change a little bit.

Nonetheless, it's obvious that they still haven't told what the tv world is all about. It may not seem like it, but P4 is about mystery as well. They won't simply tell you one of the most intriguing pieces of information in the middle of the whole thing. This is something for the end.
Dec 9, 2011 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't think the episode as that bad. Stripper shadow Rise is awesome, though I don't like the canon pole she uses. Shadow Kuma is scary, I'm disappointed there wasn't a real bossbattle.

So next episode will have a lot of stuff to cover:
spoiler spolier spoiler....
Hope it can be fit in without being too messy
mikadocsDec 9, 2011 9:17 AM
Dec 9, 2011 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Miya_F_Exia said:
mdz said:

Well, welcome to P4. That's basically what happens in the game, with the difference that you'd do some Social Links here and there despite people being throwed in the tv world. That's one source of negative feedback for P4 the game as well. Only in the end this situation will change a little bit.

Nonetheless, it's obvious that they still haven't told what the tv world is all about. It may not seem like it, but P4 is about mystery as well. They won't simply tell you one of the most intriguing pieces of information in the middle of the whole thing. This is something for the end.

All True. But remember that their only "power" is enter the TV. Once on the other side, plenty of crazy things that couldn't happen in the real world happen. I'm sure they would love to accomplish more in the real world to catch the murder, but they have no powers outside the TV, and they are high school kids who aren't even allowed to see the crime scenes to look for clues. Their only "weapon" outside is the midnight channel, which they don't fully understand how it works either.
Dec 9, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
KUMA DA MAN!!!!!!!
Lol and from the preview, seems like someone has died yet again...
Dec 9, 2011 12:39 PM

Jun 2011
An awesome episode, maybe even the best so far XD
I really love Kuma, he's so cute X3
Dec 9, 2011 1:00 PM

Jan 2008
I personally liked how they handled Shadow Teddie (or Kuma if you prefer). Even though the battle was short, they went into a different direction and shown how 'lifeless' Shadow Teddie is. The darkness inside of him, the lifeless eyes and the fact that he just... looks like he's left for dead, given up on pursuing the truth and just want to not exist. So I'd say the sacrifice of a long battle is worth it for the execution of Shadow Teddie's symbolism.
Dec 9, 2011 1:30 PM
Feb 2008
I liked how Kanji fought with a school desk in the videogame and I hoped the would animate this, but it was obvious the wouldn't do so since they chanced the fights quite a lot.
Dec 9, 2011 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
I LOL'd so hard when Teddie flipped out about the "Crap" comment really had me laughing hes by far my favorite character.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.