Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: UN-GO Episode 9 Discussion

Dec 8, 2011 8:26 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Older detective's family info. leaking by same person (Full circle).

"Betten-nou"? Miyu-Miyu police also knows about it?

He's on TV, and gone?

The girl (from the movie? and she's "Betten-nou") meeting Inga in the broken city (that means that's from Inga's place before meeting the young detective guy?)

The people on TV is suspecting older detective about Full Circle was correct. One in studio and another at home. So Betten-nou was acting as the one in studio.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Dec 8, 2011 10:25 AM

This episode has raised so many questions and so little episodes are left to answer them, nooooes! But really, 11?

I really wonder what's up with Inga?
And again this episode felt like 5 minutes! :'(

Also: Next episode some Shin-chan in a suit!!! Aa~ subarashi *u*
But really, I want answers! This show has gotten so good :)
[.center] [./center]

Dec 8, 2011 11:09 AM

Women with glasses (Diet member) = Inga? (because of Bettenou)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 8, 2011 12:00 PM

Bettenou must be really scary if she manages to frighten Inga so much :P.

I had to pause this episode several times coz there was so much information to take in XD.

I guess the mysteries to be solved after this ep are as follows:

1) Which Kaishou was the real one, the studio one or the one who left from the house?

2) What did Bettenou do to Inga? Turn her into the Diet member lady since she also had the handkerchief Shinjuro gave her? XD

3) What exactly is the true motive of the Full Circle members?

Another fantastic episode of Un-Go :).

Also, next episode preview with Shinjuro in a suit and tie *whistles* <3.

Dec 8, 2011 12:01 PM
I don't get it. Like, completely O.o

And what happened to Inga?
Kurimu-chan said:

And if that's true, then what really happened? Who is Bettenou to Inga? And why is Inga acting like that?

I've even re-watched episode 8, but now I have even more questions ^^''

Dec 8, 2011 12:09 PM

Awesome series :]
Just wish there were more than 11 episodes :[

Dec 8, 2011 12:11 PM
Another interesting case got featured in this episode, this time revolving about Kaishou himself. I doubt he would go that far to eliminate his critics not to mention doing it in such a suspicious manner but I could be wrong especially since Bettenou is involved as well. At least Shinjirou seems to believe that he is the traitor but he has made a mistake before and Inga is definitely hiding something.

Dec 8, 2011 12:12 PM

I remember seeing Bettennou in the official site for the prequel movie, so I think it was explained there? I hope it would release into DVD in the future, not just 2-week limited movie.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Dec 8, 2011 1:53 PM

I was left confused yet again, I'm suspecting the whole incident being caused by the Bettenou but something doesn't feel right. Gotta rewatch this again.

Dec 8, 2011 2:04 PM

If there is one thing to be happy about in this episode for a Rie fan is in the following spoiler
along with a BLOG post (NSFW):
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=634755
I made of shots showing Rie's nipple. It was a bliss of fan service happiness. Especially since it kind looks puffy (need BDs to see clearly) and so the surprise is very surprising because never would I have though Rie would have fan service in the first place. It sure show her body is the best in the series. Not even Inga can beat it now. Yuuki Should just marry Rie now.

That aside last 2 episodes were predictable and so was this. Still don't get what was to be confused when clearly we have a PAR counter t o Inga in the supernatural. It was the final showed doomed to be along with Rie's father. What was not was how it all was setup. That was impressive IMO. Maybe more later.
InezMaria said:
I don't get it. Like, completely O.o

And what happened to Inga?
Kurimu-chan said:

And if that's true, then what really happened? Who is Bettenou to Inga? And why is Inga acting like that?
You have to assume that Inga had some supernatural beef with Bettenou due to her fear being shown of Bettenou.

Furthermore Inga may be facing a God and she is a Demon? Well if that is the case than Bettenou may kill her. There are are very few things that lead on to show directly without assuming and logically deducting since episode 7. It has become truly harder.

On the other hand Rie fan service lalala. I love it still. I am insane about Rie in this series. There is something about her design and appeal like a Victorian women.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Dec 8, 2011 2:09 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Dec 8, 2011 2:11 PM

This episode raised many questions for me
I am kinda confused >_<
This series became so awesome
I wish if it had more episodes
Anyway can't wait for the next episode
Hopefully it will give us some answers

Dec 8, 2011 2:38 PM

Another episode that leaves me with the response of "what...?" xD
I can't wait to see the resolution for this mystery!
Wassup with Inga? D:

Dec 8, 2011 2:42 PM

The plot thickens.
4/5
Modified by mdz, Dec 8, 2011 5:30 PM

Dec 8, 2011 3:20 PM
And this week's winner for best episode is... UN-GO ! And probably the best detective anime I've had the chance to enjoy along with Mouryou no Hako.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Dec 8, 2011 3:30 PM

Good episode,Rie fanservice mmmmmm.

Things start to get interesting even that is kinda predictable were is all going,the showdown between Rinroku and Shinjuuro is going to begin and it looks like there will be surprises.

Inga being afraid of Bettenou i still kinda mystery probably next episode we get some answers about it.
I still think Rinroku being the bad guy is just to predictable i still think there is something else.

Yumekichi11 said:
If there is one thing to be happy about in this episode for a Rie fan is in the following spoiler

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=634755

mmmmmmmmm nice shots and ya Rie fanservice=Win!!

Dec 8, 2011 3:35 PM

Who the villains are seem painfully obvious in this episode, here's to hoping there'll be some mind-fuck twists coming our way.
Live forever, or die trying

Dec 8, 2011 4:03 PM

So, I'm the only one who thinks this show just took a turn for the worse? I actually had to check if episode eight really was what I thought it was, because this one...not only does it make very little sense, the discontinuity is ridiculous. In a nutshell, rushed. And damn, episode seven was so promising.

Dec 8, 2011 5:07 PM

Inga was adorable being all emo lol, but it was kinda random.
Anyway, I never liked Rinroku, now I have a super legit reason to hate him. Watch him not even be evil, imma be pissed.

Dec 8, 2011 6:34 PM

my bet is that rinroku used bettonou to set up the whole explosion but he didnt want rei to be killed so his real him stoped her

you see a shadowy figure behidn inga when he see bettenou so im pretty positive hes used bettenou to do something to inga

also this episode made me feel pathetic cause im rooting for a romance between rei adn shin that hasnt even had the slightest hint of existing,

god im pathetic

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 8, 2011 7:00 PM
My theory: The one that possesses Bettenou is Hayami Seigen
-he was the first to enter bettenou's rooms when she disappeared
-and if kaishou isn't the culprit the the culprit is targeting kaishou

The television show he appeared on 'suddenly' recieved a call that kaishou was going to appear and he did but the reason why he appearing on that show is unknown.
-if he was told to by culprit with bettenou that would also explain why there was two kaishou (the real kaishou at the studio and the culprit with bettenou in kaishou's estate)
This also explains the inconsistant travel methods. He was driven there by the milita and he 'believed' that he did take the train(which seems out of character).

As for inga...
I don't think she's under bettenou's control.(she could potentially resist bettenou's effects) and she's not the 'diet' person(i've looked it over they were shown both in one scene-ish). So i think she is cooperating with the culprit. why? probably because she might get kaishou's soul in the end.

Dec 8, 2011 7:53 PM

jenanime said:
Bettenou must be really scary if she manages to frighten Inga so much :P.

If Inga is a lesser devil then Bettenou is a god

Inga's power and Bettenou's power are on a totally different scale, Inga see the truth while Bettenou makes the truth.
Of course this doesn't affect the outside world but rather only humans, their senses and perceptions. If she say something that is motored by the body like 'Your heart will stop to beat' then the brain will respond to that and the person will die.

My bet on the take is that Kaishou is innocent and the ones behind everything is
full circle.

Dec 8, 2011 8:01 PM

Needs more androgynous awkward panda kid. ):

Dec 8, 2011 8:17 PM

Disappearing_ said:
My theory: The one that possesses Bettenou is Hayami Seigen
-he was the first to enter bettenou's rooms when she disappeared
-and if kaishou isn't the culprit the the culprit is targeting kaishou

The television show he appeared on 'suddenly' recieved a call that kaishou was going to appear and he did but the reason why he appearing on that show is unknown.
-if he was told to by culprit with bettenou that would also explain why there was two kaishou (the real kaishou at the studio and the culprit with bettenou in kaishou's estate)
This also explains the inconsistant travel methods. He was driven there by the milita and he 'believed' that he did take the train(which seems out of character).

Yes im leaning towards Hayami Seigen using Bettenou as well im pretty sure it is him.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Dec 8, 2011 9:48 PM

So...I may be way off base here...but I'm worried about Inga.

My suspicions:

-Bettenou did something to him/her (Possessed? Controlled? Not really Inga but Bettenou in disguise? False reality Inga?") ***especially after the image of her in the window of the hospital with Hayami (or someone) behind her.

I just don't think it adds up that for the first portion of the episode Inga seems legitimately afraid (she wouldn't be afraid unless she knew the god was a threat to her and she even tried to warn Shinjuurou) Then she seems to get "ambushed" by the god and who I think is Hayami then all of a sudden she seems very different by the end of the episode. Maybe its Hayami's ploy to keep them from figuring out the truth so he needed to "split them up/ alter Inga" in order to make the case more difficult to solve...thus ... getting away with the crime without Inga's interference

Also...getting bad vibes from that last clip of Inga in the preview when the pink butterflies come out...Doesn't even look like she's transforming looks like shes falling apart! X( Anyway ...I'll be really mad if A.) something bad happens to her (She disappears into nothing) B.) Inga and Shinjuurou can't patch things up between them because it doesn't look like they're on good terms as of now.

Besides Inga and Shinjuurou, I honestly don't give a damn about anybody else's outcome in the show (except for Kazamori - love Kazamori :)

- End of my rant

Dec 9, 2011 1:18 AM
This guy

Dec 9, 2011 7:19 AM

An ok build-up ep.
I hope the solution to the mystery delivers well.

Dec 9, 2011 12:27 PM

These past few episodes have been great.

"FUCK ANIME, I'M GOING CAR RACING."

Dec 9, 2011 1:26 PM

great episode, but i'm confused with the two dudes.. will need to re-watch!!! >.<

Dec 9, 2011 2:21 PM

Guyz......

What the hell happened? :D

Dec 9, 2011 3:36 PM

Exhilarating. As always, I caught a couple clues. Excited for the next episode.

Dec 9, 2011 4:39 PM

And, here I am again, watching episode 9 of Un-Go at 2 a.m. :|
I can't sleep. The plot thickened so much and I wonder how will things go in the last two episodes (with so many things happening, I am curious to see what's the truth and how will things be revealed).

This episode I kinda felt sorry for Inga. Especially when he was watching Shin from the hospital window. That scene just induced me a feeling of loneliness. I think it's pretty obvious that Inga is afraid of Bettenou because he's weaker than her. He even tried to warn Shin so he would stay away from Bettenou.

My hypothesis is that isn't Kaishou the one using Bettenou. Even though there are so many hints that lead to him being the one behind it all, my intuition tells me that there's something/somebody else. We saw that there are two Kaishou, but what if one of them is an illusion? The one who's in the hospital? If they did that with Inga, they could've done it as well with him. The Kaishou who told Hayami that Bettenou is not there could be an illusion as well.

Writing this I started having doubts about my theory. :)) I'll leave it like this, and I'll edit it later, when I'll re-examine the last two episodes.

By the way, this episode 9 reminds me of "Ninety Eighty Four" by George Orwell (more exactly, the parts where he described how the mind can be manipulated).

Dec 9, 2011 6:31 PM
めんどくさい

Cool...

Hmm. Exactly how does one 'use' a god?
Modified by Cratex, Dec 9, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 9, 2011 9:22 PM

The less focus on the detective stuff the more Un-Go got better! xD
More characters, justification for the supernatural, shout-out to previous cases (of the song), the whole world feels more neat to be in... And we even got Rie's fanservice!

But hey, I wonder what's up with Bettenou. Inga follows Shinjurou to eat souls, ok, Bettenou does the same? Otherwise why it takes orders and use it's power for any random person sake? And is it really on Kaishou's command now or this is a ploy from this "Full Circle" people?

And does anyone believes that Kaishou really dies just because of next episode's title? C'mon! xP

Dec 10, 2011 12:20 AM

what.

Dec 10, 2011 3:56 AM

another somewhat confusing episode, though still enjoyable - seems like this's all leading up to something big - good show!

Dec 10, 2011 4:47 AM

phnsr said:
So, I'm the only one who thinks this show just took a turn for the worse? I actually had to check if episode eight really was what I thought it was, because this one...not only does it make very little sense, the discontinuity is ridiculous. In a nutshell, rushed. And damn, episode seven was so promising.

I feel the same, this show has a serious continuity problem, it is nearing the end and still doesn't make much sense.

Dec 10, 2011 7:38 AM
めんどくさい

TBOkmph said:
And does anyone believes that Kaishou really dies just because of next episode's title? C'mon! xP

Depends upon what Bettenou wants me to believe...

;P

Dec 10, 2011 7:56 AM

grklein said:
phnsr said:

I feel the same, this show has a serious continuity problem, it is nearing the end and still doesn't make much sense.
you guys must not be paying attention or something cause borderline no one else is having these problems

this seems to be more a fault with you guys and not the show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2011 8:07 AM

Cratex said:
TBOkmph said:

;P

I don't want him to die.

Dec 10, 2011 8:10 AM

yagamisignum said:
Cratex said:
TBOkmph said:

;P

I don't want him to die.
its a red herring, he wont die.....yet. honestly if he does ill be damned surprised

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2011 8:16 AM
めんどくさい

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
you guys must not be paying attention or something cause borderline no one else is having these problems

this seems to be more a fault with you guys and not the show

I don't know if that's quite fair. The scenes are often short and fast, so it's hard to follow if it takes you time to read the subtitles and see what is going on visually, and often there isn't even time to read all the on-screen text. Also, I think to really get what's going on one has to fill in a few of the gaps.

Besides, from my point of view part of the point of view these forum episode threads are to discuss what happened in the episode and a chance for those who didn't get something to ask others, or, as is often the case, to find out that others have a very different take on what is happening.
Modified by Cratex, Dec 10, 2011 8:20 AM

Dec 10, 2011 8:18 AM
めんどくさい

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
its a red herring, he wont die.....yet. honestly if he does ill be damned surprised

I agree. I think Kaishou is central to the rest of the show's plot.

Dec 10, 2011 11:07 AM

I don't know what to say.
._. Simply: Amazing.

Dec 10, 2011 1:18 PM

Okay the first part of this episode freaked me the fuck out..for obvious reasons..

Dec 10, 2011 6:52 PM

Cratex said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

+1

Honestly... Inga's odd behavior had a me a little puzzled... def think he's the "Diet" chick tho..

Dec 10, 2011 7:08 PM

Cratex said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

i do think hes hiding something, honestly im surprised no one has brought this up but maybe him and seigen(thats his name right?)are both using bettenou

also i think that hei look alike int he op and ed is the guy in full circle that will get revealed in the last few eps

im still holding out hope for a miracle that the show is more than 11 ep but i know it wont happen

also lol at the 1 person that rated this 3, i always chuckle when i see someone just be the lone voter on a rating
Modified by JizzyHitler, Dec 10, 2011 7:16 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 10, 2011 9:47 PM

When Inga saw Bettenou in the sky there was someone following him (looked like Seigen). He definitely could be the one controlling Bettenou.

Man this series is getting better but i'm hesistant to give it an 8: with 11 episodes, BONES and noitaminA this could turn into No.6 all over again.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

Dec 10, 2011 10:01 PM

webkid94 said:
When Inga saw Bettenou in the sky there was someone following him (looked like Seigen). He definitely could be the one controlling Bettenou.

Man this series is getting better but i'm hesistant to give it an 8: with 11 episodes, BONES and noitaminA this could turn into No.6 all over again.
bones usually has great endings, it was just no 6 that was screwed cause it had to go off a novel's script so it ended halfway through, un-go is a anime only like most of bone's shows

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 11, 2011 1:22 AM

I think it was definitely Seigen who was in that alley way but im still not convinced if he's the one who is controlling Benettou. I found the confrontation he had with Kaishou to be a little hammed and quite the dramatic shift in his paradigm. It isn't to say that i think he or Izumi are bumbling morons but they've shown to be far from competent when its comes to unravelling mysteries. While that could have been a act Seigen employed to throw off suspicions i feel that he and Kaishou are probably pawns in someone elses scheme.

At any rate if i were to make any guesses, With Inga's warning and the business with the hankerchief, it looks as if Shinjuurou may be reaching the end of his tether and this is going to be his last big case. If the series ends in spectacular fashion i really do hope it gets the Eden of East and Madoka treatment with follow up movies.

Dec 11, 2011 5:13 AM

die inga

Pages (2) [1] 2 »