Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2011 8:23 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST.
----------------------------------------
Awe man so that was confusing. Well it was nice to see Yion and the bear get together like that.. And in mars it kinda made me wonder.

Well I have to say I'm gonna have to re-read.. Until next time!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 6, 2012 8:38 AM

Feb 2012
Alright, that was a quite confusing finale.

As we already learned, Lev lived for so many centuries by transplanting his brain which is not really a permanent solution. So he fertilized one of Ion's eggs with his DNA, at that time Ion was known as Viev Chenna, she was found in Reload's village, it's possible that she is Reload's daughter but we don't know.

The child that was born from this is immortal and Lev let his brain transplant into that body. The immortal's brain went into the bear's body which means that Koslov is the son of Lev and Reload.

You might be asking why Lev wanted to gain immortality, that's actually quite easy to answer, it's love. As I guessed, he was in a love relationship with Reload but she left for Mars to take part in the experiment 700 years ago which led to the first drone hazard and she couldn't return to Earth.

Shit went down on Earth, a terror attack destroyed all digital records and civilization was pretty much screwed, Lev founded Microvolt at that time to find a way to prolong his life, that's it. The sole reason for everything was his desire to stay at the side of the woman he loved.

Here comes the part I don't understand. Ion was attacked by the inspector that looked like the one in volume 1 and Koslov saved her, who the hell is this man, the bear is Koslov?

Koslov pushed the button and triggered a reaction (two rings) that killed all drones on the recreator.

Later Koslov and Taira met up with Funipero and Ion who was happy to see Koslov again, that was a nice scene. Zouichi heard of a restoration device in the 3th sector and hopes to restore Fuyu.

Spoiler for BlAME!:

Now we are back on Mars, the scene from the very beginning of Biomega, the astronaut takes off his helmet to reveal his face to Reload and it's Lev, he finally met her again.

I'm just missing one thing, we never learned what happened to Nishu.

Biomega is awesome, period. BLAME! is standing on its own, it was Nihei's first series and it's ridiculous to compare them, I believe they are all connected to each other and they tell way too different stories to compare them on a fair basis.

ZhouJan 13, 2013 4:15 PM
Jan 13, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
Gadrarth said:
Zhou said:

What about Kardal and Higaide?

Oh, you are right, I forgot about them, Higaide disappeared in front of our eyes, Nihei didn't show where to though and if I remember correctly, the last time we saw Kardal was when the recreator did his thing? Yeah, loose ends, sucks for us, they probably weren't important anymore, so Nihei just ditched them.
Feb 2, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
Gadrarth said:
Still, Nihei could at least have given a short explanation about the whereabouts of these three characters.
He even gave a family to the old man!

Damn, I liked them...

Haha, I hear you, he is on twitter, you could ask him about them.
Feb 12, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
Gadrarth said:
Zhou said:
Haha, I hear you, he is on twitter, you could ask him about them.

Only if it is in Japanese :P

He understands English as well :P
Nov 24, 2014 11:27 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, what a great series overall with solid characters and story-building. Nihei's style never ceases to amaze me from the the beginning. Rating this 8/10. I can't wait to see how the movie will animate some of the scenes now and hopefully makes the most out of it.
Jun 28, 2015 7:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I must confess I need to read the story again because there is so much I missed the first time around.

Amazing story by Nihei. His world building is nothing short of astounding.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2018 12:06 PM

Oct 2017
oh man my head hurts
Oct 30, 2018 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Is it safe to assume the man in the last panel is Lev who went back to mars with an immortal body to live with reload? Overall, I enjoyed the series took a little a while to read since I read the chapters twice to get a clear understanding. I wonder what happened to Kahdal and Nishu. Some plot holes, but I think got the main gist of it. 8/10 series
Dec 21, 2018 12:28 PM

Oct 2018
well this was a weird one. first tome was amazing, second one was okay and the third one was quite a pain in the ass, and i was at the verge of dropping the series, but as it's a short one i decided to continue and i'm thankful, since the best stuff is definitely volumes 4-6.

my main problem was the action parts in the first half of the series, as it was quite difficult to know what was going on at times due to the drawing style, and also the weird way in which it introduced some characters and jumped between time.

the best thing was definitely the artstyle all along, and in the second half it really reminded me to a grittier Moebius, as someone said in a review.

i guess i'll have to reread this again because i, for instance, had no fucking idea who Reload was, among other stuff

7/10
Feb 21, 2019 7:48 PM

May 2015
Great story overall. I'd give it a 8.7/10.
Now to move onto Blame!
Apr 20, 2019 2:35 PM

Oct 2009
Zhou said:
Alright, that was a quite confusing finale.

As we already learned, Lev lived for so many centuries by transplanting his brain which is not really a permanent solution. So he fertilized one of Ion's eggs with his DNA, at that time Ion was known as Viev Chenna, she was found in Reload's village, it's possible that she is Reload's daughter but we don't know.

The child that was born from this is immortal and Lev let his brain transplant into that body. The immortal's brain went into the bear's body which means that Koslov is the son of Lev and Reload.

You might be asking why Lev wanted to gain immortality, that's actually quite easy to answer, it's love. As I guessed, he was in a love relationship with Reload but she left for Mars to take part in the experiment 700 years ago which led to the first drone hazard and she couldn't return to Earth.

Shit went down on Earth, a terror attack destroyed all digital records and civilization was pretty much screwed, Lev founded Microvolt at that time to find a way to prolong his life, that's it. The sole reason for everything was his desire to stay at the side of the woman he loved.

Here comes the part I don't understand. Ion was attacked by the inspector that looked like the one in volume 1 and Koslov saved her, who the hell is this man, the bear is Koslov?

Koslov pushed the button and triggered a reaction (two rings) that killed all drones on the recreator.

Later Koslov and Taira met up with Funipero and Ion who was happy to see Koslov again, that was a nice scene. Zouichi heard of a restoration device in the 3th sector and hopes to restore Fuyu.

Spoiler for BlAME!:

Now we are back on Mars, the scene from the very beginning of Biomega, the astronaut takes off his helmet to reveal his face to Reload and it's Lev, he finally met her again.

Biomega is awesome, period. BLAME! is standing on its own, it was Nihei's first series and it's ridiculous to compare them, I believe they are all connected to each other and they tell way too different stories to compare them on a fair basis.

Thanks a lot for the summary, I wasn't sure if the astronaut at the end was Lief.
Great manga, I understood it a lot better than Blame since there was more dialogue and there were more explanations.
Jan 22, 2020 8:01 PM

Dec 2018
Biomega is Nihei's most absurd and complex narrative. It's spectacularly convoluted and fast-paced.

Despite some minor inconsistencies, the story makes sense in its twisted way. Zhou gave a good summary of what happened at the end. Unfortunately, Nihei decided to leave the fate of three interesting characters to our imagination. I would have liked to see more of them.
Feb 12, 2020 9:59 AM
Aug 2019
State of the Art.

My guesses on the missing chars:

- Nishu probably did not survive, otherwise in 400+ years Fuyu or Funipero would have found her/Shin Just as they found Koslov.

- Kandal was watching over Eon in her last scene, which makes me think the woman in chap #39 is her grand-grand-grand-grand-granddaughter.

- Higaide is the most enigmatic/debatable one... Anything could've happened to him after his [second] teleportation.
Mar 13, 2021 4:22 PM

Oct 2014
Man certain parts of this series really blew me away. The dynamic and constantly changing world, the epic fights and motorcycle scenes and even the story which was told so creatively by Nihei. It's been so many years since I'be read Blame! so I might need to go back and check it out but I think I may actually prefer Biomega. Definitely gonna read some more of Nihei's works now!!
May 12, 2021 5:46 PM
Feb 2014
I have no idea what I just read. I was so confused this awhile manga.
Dokia
Dec 22, 2022 5:37 PM

Nov 2013
despite blame having less dialogue and being longer, i found it much more engaging and moody. i had really high hopes for biomega because it started strong with an interesting setup but i felt it was simply too fast paced and despite the world building i didn't really feel as interested in it as i did with the city from blame, some parts were over-explained where i felt in blame you were slipped pieces of information and had to cling to them as the journey progressed. some characters which seemed very important to the story were also 'left by the wayside' and underused such as ion green. have to hand it to nihei though the guy is a master of dropping an ending like a hand grenade out of nowhere and walking away. was sat there like damn it just ended now??? 

as always, the dude released the first volume of this almost two decade ago but the art looks as fresh as it did then, his emphasis on architecture and creating vast space within tiny panels is incredible and creates a real sense of timelessness in his style
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 17, 10:54 PM
Sep 2023
i dont quite get this ending may need to look into some theory vids on it to help speculate but stlll nice action & art 6/10 glad to have finished this series. still think I liked Aposimz more though
Apr 9, 7:49 PM
Nov 2018
nihei worlds are second to none, he is a master of gigantic megastructures that look inmeasurable, fusions of mechanic and organic matter that makes you question whether it is a building or a living being, and of course, enemies being horrible disfigured creatures that look like they belong in a nightmare, the plot, on the other hand, was just fine, it felt like its going too fast and the fact that several characters were introduced just to be dropped without explanation makes me wonder if nihei was in a hurry to finish this manga, and how convenient certain things were, like how zouchi and fuyu were just in time to precisely find funipero's mother before being capture, exactly what they needed when they needed it. all in all, it was fine, i give it a 6 out of 10

More topics from this board

» Only about biomega

tymoteusz - May 17, 2009

1 by Ochimusha »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Biomega Chapter 35 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 6, 2009

11 by Ochimusha »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Biomega Chapter 28 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 15, 2009

8 by FuMomo-kun »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:19 PM

Poll: » Biomega Chapter 11 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 9, 2009

7 by FuMomo-kun »»
Feb 6, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Biomega Chapter 4 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - Apr 9, 2009

5 by FuMomo-kun »»
Feb 4, 2023 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.