Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 3, 2016 7:26 PM

Jul 2015
Well, Popo went crazy and...did I just watch GoT? There were like 6 deaths in less than 3 minutes lol. Btw how the fuck did that guy from the first episode managed to come back? All these little details could be negative for my final score...

Anyways...shit got real, and I can't wait to see how all of this is gonna end.
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Jun 24, 2016 8:08 AM

Oct 2008
Mediocre episode, mostly due to Popo and his rapid descent into madness. But not only that, everything felt rushed and chaotic. Like give us some time to breathe, develop these events in smarter ways.
Aug 13, 2016 4:41 AM

Aug 2014
They went crazy wow, great episode.
Sep 17, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
Near the end we got some serious Obsessive Backstabbing Disorder in action. They must have had classes with Ocelot.

A few plot holes and stupidity are clear, like how Popo thought Warp was dead, Popo dropping the chip, as well as the collector guy coming back to life out of nowhere.
But that's not nearly enough to badmouth the show like people did in this thread. I really liked how the fake Warp ended up taking control of the situation.
Dec 20, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
The show fell directly from a 9 to a 7 with this episode. Sloppy writing, I say.
Dec 27, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2017
Meeeh, Popo acting that way so quickly felt so faked...it doesn't seem plausible at all. I'm not buying it. Besides, when he lost his mom's chip was like...dude...seriously!?

Besides, Kaiba/Warp acting so cold towards Neyro after waking up didn't feel real...he really liked her and in that moment he seemed so indifferent, he could at least take her with him...
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

May 13, 2019 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
whelp whelp whelp this is totally not funny how the show trying to be dark. So those briliant first six episodes were just a filler and add really nothing to the story afterall? I really hope not!
Nov 30, 2019 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
Bruh the twists in this episode are lowkey fucking hilarious.

"Let me dangle my mom over a huge fire pit while blasting off!"

"You thought you were the ruler? Well guess what? You're dead! You thought you were the ruler? WELL GUESS WHAT BUDDY? NOW YOU'RE DEAD! OH REALLY? WELL GUESS WHAT ...."

the part where they basically just repeat Evangelions twist is funny as fuck.
observing a woman's body
Mar 26, 2020 6:06 AM

Apr 2017
Aside from everything that has already been said about this episode: Where did Popo's sudden change of plan come from? Wasn't it already established beforehand that the plant was on its way to devour the planet? If so, what even was the point of Popo's plan to become the new king if he knew they would all be eaten anyway?
Aug 11, 2020 8:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lmao, that kill after kill after kill scene kinda reminded me of this

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 28, 2021 1:10 AM

May 2020
DatRandomDude said:
Lmao, that kill after kill after kill scene kinda reminded me of this

LOL, so accurate. The meme with multiple gun holders in a church also applies to this.

Anyway, this episode just cemented my dislike for this show, not withstanding some individually good moments from previous episodes.
Jun 15, 2022 5:43 AM

Jul 2021
I liked how the film did not clearly show Poppo's breaking point, but instead depicted Poppo's transformation from emotion to emotion as he realized that the reason he had worked all this time was gone. Cheki has lost his memory, his mother's memory has been burned away, all the people of the Ikkyu sect have become walking zombies in electrolytic clouds, and in hell, even Neiro is omitted from his first memory of having made a promise. The sight of him dancing in his cape and garland was a bit disconcerting, especially when that music was playing.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 29, 2022 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
So damn beautiful, i loved it.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oct 25, 2022 6:15 PM

Dec 2018
>7/12 of the show was "muh worldbuilding"
get a load of this crap, like 10 or 20 percent of those runtimes were world building, the rest was shock theater/degeneracy/bad comedy. the last 5 have been mostly good.if you wanted to make it a planet hopper than do so or at least flesh it out better so it doesn't take up so much of the series. and what is the point of worldbuilding worlds that have no relevance to the main plotline? those could have been integrated into areas on planet instead of multiple and served the same purpose.
Mar 20, 4:57 PM

Dec 2022
So Neiro doesn't even want her allegedly important memories back? Even more reason for me to believe her "love" for Kaiba is just bound by a sense of debt or duty rather than an actual intimate connection, which is something she apparently (and ironically) had with Popo instead. Also, speaking of Popo, he seems to be stupid enough to dangle his mother's chip off a precarious drop like it's worthless to him, which I found funny. But he was annoying, so I'm not complaining about him kicking the bucket.

The betrayal conga line at the end of the episode would've made for a good comedy sketch, come to think of it. This anime is better when it parodies itself like that.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I’m indifferent to the point of dropping it

Sagepool - Apr 13

0 by Sagepool »»
Apr 13, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Netforce - Aug 7, 2008

153 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 10 Discussion

8GaugeBrett - Jul 31, 2008

43 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

freedo- - Jul 4, 2008

64 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Kaiba Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 22, 2008

48 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 20, 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.