Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 10 Discussion

Dec 13, 2011 2:52 PM

Ardamaeus said:
I was mildly surprised. I was expecting Airi. Always kind of been the rule of thumb in harems that the girl with most screen time and lonely face-shots tends to be the girl the guy ends up with.

^This. and well what else can you expect..., BS fail anime will be BS fail anime. lol
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png

Dec 13, 2011 2:58 PM

Naxrrhid said:
Ardamaeus said:
I was mildly surprised. I was expecting Airi. Always kind of been the rule of thumb in harems that the girl with most screen time and lonely face-shots tends to be the girl the guy ends up with.

^This. and well what else can you expect..., BS fail anime will be BS fail anime. lol

OH U MAD SHIPPER?

Dec 13, 2011 4:37 PM

I really need to get this of my chest:
Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Shingo picking Miu, per se. It's the story line I have a problem with!!
The problem is that the writers of this show are contradicting themselves.
Let's back to the episode where Sena says that Shingo is different than the other boys.
She repeats it like some mantra on a subliminal self help tape!!
Then, before you know it they decide to scrap that story line and go this route.
Hence, making Shingo a pimp and Sena someone that will never trust another man ever again.

The only thing I ask from any story I read or watch in the movies
or on TV is that the writer keeps the story in context and (somewhat) consistent.
The last few episodes of this show would be like Carmela from the "The Sopranos" whacking Tony
during the last episode and then telling everyone she was a FBI agent all along.

I know I AM asking for TOO MUCH from a anime series,
but the reason DON'T watch TV that much any more is the laziness of the writers nowadays.
Now I see that same laziness finding its way into WAY TOO MANY animes over the last few seasons.
I haven't felt this burnt by a series since the Haruhi Suzumiya's Endless Eight and the last two episodes of Shuffle.
(Hell, the girl I liked the most got picked in that show too...I just didn't like how they got there!!)

Now, I have to go re-watch "Maria-sama ga Miteru" to get this bad taste out of my mouth!!!
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!

Dec 13, 2011 4:48 PM

FifthAveSensei said:
Let's back to the episode where Sena says that Shingo is different than the other boys.
She repeats it like some mantra on a subliminal self help tape!!
Then, before you know it they decide to scrap that story line and go this route.

It could also be seen this way:

- Airi's impressions of boys are: dirty, mean, unsophisticated
- Airi though Shingo is different ---> He's special ---> he's tidy, kind and sensible.

If you rewatch episode 5 or 6 again, you would notice the melancholic smile of Airi when she said: "That's just how he is"

You can understand that by being tidy, kind and sensible, he's opened to everyone, not just her, she realized that Shingo's kindness is not something exclusive to everyone. This showed as well if you compare Sana's impression of Shingo in episode 10, when she, unlike Airi, mistook Shingo's kindness for affection.

That's why, if you watch episode 11, Airi will kinda say it more probably for the viewer :)

Dec 13, 2011 5:30 PM

Zavie said:
If you rewatch episode 5 or 6 again,.....

The last time I tried re-watching a series on someone else's suggestion
after I already had dropped it was "Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka."
I'll never make that mistake ever again!! (No Offense!)
I'm gonna have to go back to waiting for a series to finish before I watch it,
so I DON'T get disappointed like this again!

Anyways, back to Maria-sama!!
Modified by FifthAveSensei, Dec 13, 2011 5:42 PM

Dec 13, 2011 5:44 PM

FifthAveSensei said:
I'm gonna have to start waiting for a series to finish before I watch it,

LMAO, this is what i always do..., i dont like wasting my time, so i just read how it ends on wikipedia or some other site and that way if its a complete fail, i save myself alot of time and disappointment.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png

Dec 13, 2011 6:10 PM

Naxrrhid said:
FifthAveSensei said:

LMAO, this is what i always do..., i dont like wasting my time, so i just read how it ends on wikipedia or some other site and that way if its a complete fail, i save myself alot of time and disappointment.

I once told someone I used to work with that I like to know how a movie ends BEFORE I watch it....He never spoke to me again!!!
I know one thing: No more game based harem animes for me!!

This Maria-sama is making me feel better!!
If watch this and some Hatsune Miku concert videos on YouTube I can go to bed happy!!

Dec 13, 2011 6:42 PM

FifthAveSensei said:
Naxrrhid said:
FifthAveSensei said:

I once told someone I used to work with that I like to know how a movie ends BEFORE I watch it....He never spoke to me again!!!

If watch this and some Hatsune Miku concert videos on YouTube I can go to bed happy!!

Well for me, its not about totally knowing how it will end, it is knowing that its a satisfactory end and not a complete BS failure lol...., and i totally agree with you there...., im never gonna watch any harem animes again either..., i cant take another failure ending like this again, i might start punching dolphins and kicking babies..., LMAO!!!!!!!!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png

Dec 14, 2011 1:03 AM
Naxrrhid said:
FifthAveSensei said:
Naxrrhid said:
FifthAveSensei said:

Well for me, its not about totally knowing how it will end, it is knowing that its a satisfactory end and not a complete BS failure lol...., and i totally agree with you there...., im never gonna watch any harem animes again either..., i cant take another failure ending like this again, i might start punching dolphins and kicking babies..., LMAO!!!!!!!!
looks like you two was wrong after all it didnt end up with a bs failure or main girl ending it endded up in unexpected way
Modified by elior1, Dec 14, 2011 1:23 AM

Dec 14, 2011 1:30 AM

Lots of people cannot handle the pain of reality a.k.a butthurt.

Dec 14, 2011 3:07 PM

SANA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2011 3:39 PM

Zavie said:
Lots of people cannot handle the pain of reality......

But, we are not talking about reality....this is ANIME.

If I want reality, I'll go watch Jerry Springer!!
(lol)

Dec 14, 2011 10:39 PM

Woah, that's a lot of posts.

Dec 14, 2011 11:04 PM
haha, funny when he ended up with Amaha, Miu =)).

That is why i dropped this anime after when watch 7 episode . A anime sucks at story, bad at endings .. Why do they waste money to do this anime.

Dec 15, 2011 12:49 AM

bla bla - your bashing sucks!

I was quite surprised that he chose Miu all of a sudden, maybe he got more attached to her after taking so much care of her,lately. Judging from the opening he should end up with Airi later, but I can't imagine how they want to turn this around in the 2 or3? remaining episodes.

Sana's behaviour led to this situation and I don't think Shingo would have answered to her feelings anyway. Well, but since she's one of my favorite characters I feel very sorry for her.

Would have been nice if they had one episode dedicated to Airi's and Sana's relation ship.
Airi was really kind to her in that last scene, heads up Sana ^^

Dec 15, 2011 7:51 AM

I don't really care who will "win", but about the confession scene, how to say... I feel that shingo was carried by the mood to comfort and protect Miu. Pity or love, the difference maybe tiny or huge IMO. For Miu I hope he's really serious now.
Anyway it was really hard to see Sana like this... for me the "good ending" should be Miu x Sana. But it's just a dream.

Dec 15, 2011 7:13 PM

leefan said:
Airi x Sana end confirmed?

Yes, please.

Dec 16, 2011 4:13 PM

Well that caught me off guard... I was not expecting him to confess but I did see a Miu ending coming. Even though she isn't my first choice I'm glad he picked someone very happy

Dec 17, 2011 6:28 PM

I think most of us sensed that coming. We weren't sure how it would play out, but something was going to have to give, and someone was likely getting hurt. Poor Sana, I grew to love her, and I cried along with her. However, I think the key to understanding what has happened here is to do a comparison of Airi and Sana.

How are they different?

Dec 17, 2011 10:22 PM

Hmmm....I thought Shingo suddenly going for Miu was a bit sudden. I don't remember him showing any romantic favoritism towards anyone in particular, he was just being nice to all of them equally.

I think ultimately I prefer Sana/Shingo because Sana has shown strongest feelings for Shingo even if she has yet to show it in front of Shingo in an obvious way. Sana would also be the more needy girl compared to the others. It's like in Toradora, Minorin gave up Ryuuji because Taiga needed...erm wanted Ryuuji more.

I also agree with some people a couple post back. I sense a possible Miu giving up Shingo for a Shingo/Sana ending!

Dec 22, 2011 5:13 PM

How weird, he just randomly decides to fall in love with Miu. I don't really think he's actually "in love" with Miu yet.

Dec 22, 2011 11:46 PM

well no matter what someone is bound to end up crying and unfortunately it turned out to be Sana , but im so glad it wasnt Airi , still it wasnt that hard to guess that it would be Miu seeing the last few episodes hehe.

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Dec 25, 2011 8:37 PM
originanime

I literally paused the episode exactly when Shingo said "I love you" to Miu and screamed, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!! Miu is fine... but I really wanted him to get together with Airi soooo bad... er... kinda depressing but oh well. =/

Dec 30, 2011 4:46 PM
Veretax said:
Man, Poor, poor Sana, and Shingo, dummy that he is doesn't have a clue about Sana. And Miu, selfish on her part or not says she thought Shingo liked Sana, but doesn't say that sana likes him, but Sana really is the one who needed to get through to Shingo. So sad.

yes I expected this...poor sana.

What I don't understand is the hate tsundere chars have been getting of late. Seems a lot of the posters here hate sana, despite being able to see the reasoning behind her actions... If even this much can't sway you, it must be tough in rl huh? Shingos everywhere indeed.

Jan 1, 2012 8:43 AM

Miu who was I liked right away. It seemed rather natural about now. Thought for sure they'd throw an Airi end at us still. she's still around just to console Sana. the losers club lol. while the sister and maid are outside in the never had a chance club.

Jan 2, 2012 3:17 AM

Wow, I am so glad that this pairing happened.
It's probably because Sena is supposed to win.

Jan 5, 2012 7:03 PM
:'((((((( .... I'm so sad... I just finished the series... and when I saw 10th episode I felt so sad... I can imagine a future where Miu finds another boy and Shingo falls in love with Sana... LOL.. That's what I'd wish. The end of the episode was really touching, even if I am a man it was like watching "500 days of summer"...

I just have a last sentence... Fuck this route :P ...

SANA!!!!!

Jan 8, 2012 7:10 AM

i cry'd a lill , is that bad ?

._. yeah that would be all .

Jan 13, 2012 12:27 AM

Yea, not too hot on chosing Miu, I'm most definitely a Sana fanboy myself.

Jan 16, 2012 11:15 PM

Omg Sena nooo )':

Jan 16, 2012 11:15 PM

I almost instantly dropped this Anime because Shingo didn't end up with Sena... but I decided to keep watching to gawk more at Sena's moe.

Jan 20, 2012 11:11 PM

Holy shit, Airi didn't win?

Wowowowowow did not see that coming. Usually the first girl seen in a harem always wins. I'm glad it's Miu. Even though I feel sorry for Sana, I dislike her character.

Jan 23, 2012 8:02 AM

I thought Shingo will end up with Airi! 😣💔 *Criessss*
uhh...

Feb 24, 2012 12:03 PM

I wasn't surprised he chose Miu after the few last episodes, but with Sana breaking down it got somewhat heavier. My favorite girl is Sana for quite a while, so I'm sad to see him saying that.
I can't remember any show where the main character chose to girl I wanted him to choose, so annoying. But this show is quite unusual for this genre anyway, at least they didn't go for the first girl.

Mar 31, 2012 5:44 PM

I'm surprised by who he chose. I was so sure he was going to chose Airi. Well I would prefer a Sana ending but Miu is still a good choice. This show succeeds as a harem.

Jul 15, 2012 11:09 PM
Do Your Rubesty✨

T_T
tears!! everywhere!!

Aug 7, 2012 2:30 PM

What the fuck happened to airi? did she forget she liked shingo too? they havent had any dialogue together for a long time, it just broke off and its maddening. I hated sana so i dont mind Miu at all but it seemed really sudden and its a bit weird that a confession already happened two episodes away from the finale. Oh well, my dreams for the incest ending have shattered, i had high hopes from the first few episodes...but not anymore...

Sep 13, 2012 3:10 AM

Y u no choose Sana or Airi Shingo? Why is it always the senpai? ( Shuffle if you dont know that anime..) and theres not even a patch for the visual novel so i could get airi D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 16, 2012 2:32 AM

I feel sorry for Sana, the scene where she started crying really impacted me, i just can't get the scene out of my head, my heart starts to feel heavy and makes me want to cry. I really can't believe that Shingo chose Miu, there were a lot of moments where i thought that it will be Airi. But Miu is still a great choice.

Dec 15, 2012 6:36 AM

Well that was sudden! Good episode though but it's sad to see Sana cry that much... even I preferred the Airi x Shingo tbh good that there's a special that has this!

But yea good episode, I still wonder what Pannya is from time to time, especially now with that backstory!

Dec 25, 2012 6:53 PM

fckkkking amazing romance love drama! Shingo confessed his love to Miu :OOO, and Sana cried from being heartbroken T_T! So IMPACTIVE @_@ 5/5 again!

Dec 25, 2012 7:07 PM

Zavie said:
Imo, I think you guys need to look more into the development between Airi and Shingo. Sure, there were developments coming from Airi, and she's obvious interested in Shingo. But vice versa? I didn't really feel that way from Shingo, he just treats her as he would do to anybody he meets, there was some awkward moments, but that was simply because Airi is a girl and Shin is a boy, no more than that.

As for Sana, all the tsundere acts really shot her in the knee. We watcher can tell that she's interested in Shingo. But how would Shingo feel when he gets kicked in the stomach every five sentences he speaks? With a choice of a gentle option like Miu (and he's fancied her since ep 1 if you watch carefully enough), you shouldn't be surprised when he goes for Miu instead of Sana. He's not obligated to understand Sana's tantrum when his relationship with her is considerably good.

That main point is, Airi saw through Shingo that he's just another nice girl, that he would be nice to everybody. Unlike Sana expected Shingo to her exclusive shinning amour knight. Shingo's kindness despite Sana's obvious tantrum really grow the false hope in her, and she refused anyway other wise, hence the result we all saw, Shingo fell in love with Miu. In the end, Sana was tring to hard to cling to existed status quo, just be heart-broken at that "swing scene".

That was really emotionally, and I am greatly sorry for her, hopefully Manglobe can resolve this in a way that make Sana be able to stand up and smile again.

Excellent episode indeed!
the golden post here, this is good review quality for the anime.

Dec 25, 2012 7:15 PM

Tenchi_Ryu said:
Listen people, just because she might not be your favorite girl, don't delude yourselves. Miu was always in Shingo's eyes since episode 1. When they first met, she was the only girl to make him blush. Through-out the entire show, they showed how Shingo was attracted to her. It was NEVER this for Airi or Sana, he was only being nice, that's how he is. Saying the show is worst just cause your girl didn't win is very petty, and if you didn't realize Miu was the winner 2 episodes ago, your love for your girl blinded you.

And if you still think Sana can win, you are clearly in denial now. Finally we have a Male lead that can think for himself, and chooses what HE wants. He never liked Airi like that, and Sana shot herself in the foot from day one with the "man-hater" attitude. It makes perfect sense why Shingo doesn't like her.
Golden post number 2 XD! watch the anime and let the story take you as it is, not as what you "think" the story is, unless the anime random and it makes 0 sense, but this is not the case as Symphony is a anime that progresses in a very well-balanced manner, there are no confusions, and the thoughts and feelings of our characters are clearly detailed.

Jan 10, 2013 1:10 PM

GOOD EPISODE!

MIU DESERVES THAT CONFESSION!
She's way too perfect for being a girlfriend (gentle, caring, & beautiful). Who men wouldn't fall for a girl like that ( REALISTICALLY! )

That's why I'm very very happy Shingo confesses to Miu , to the extent that i might jump off a bridge XD .

Not so typical harem anime huh? What a twist.

About Sana being a "tsundere". More like a bitch in denial for her feelings. Not hatin' just saying.

9/10 -> but for that confession 10/10

Jan 16, 2013 3:46 AM
the mc doesn't fall for the first girl which was new but i really hoped that shingo would go out with sena and i kinda feel sorry for inu and sena now :(

*yay 100 post :D*

Jun 1, 2013 8:05 PM
Worst One

Man I am not a big fan of Sana but it was very depressing to see her in such a state, Airi held it together well but I guess shes just a lot stronger than the other girls emotionally or she came to a realization early on in the show.

Mar 23, 2014 1:40 AM

Well thanks show. Now I have all these feels that I don't know what to do with.

I was routing for Sana but If no one else wants her... dibs?

May 15, 2014 4:30 PM

I never cared for Sana to win but damn they did a good job making me feel sorry for her. I almost wish they'd rewind and give her a shot now. I hope they don't do that though, or throw some stupid curve ball like Miu feeling bad for Sana and giving Shingo to her, and Shingo just happens to fall in love with her in 1-2 episodes.

Jun 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Very nice episode, my favorite one yet. It's not to common for a harem lead to do this and for that, respect. If Shingo ends up with Miu, that would be better than a Sana or harem ending.

But I have a feeling this anime won't let it end like this and somehow Miu and Shingo do not end up together...

Still pulling for an Airi ending since she is the best.
Modified by tb12, Jun 18, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Sympathy right off the bat. "I love you" my ass.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »