Forum Settings
Forums
New
Opinions about this manga? Share them.
5/5: As close as true perfection can be!
0.0%
4/5: Not quite perfect but simply sublime~
60.0%
3/5: *shrugs* What can I say?
10.0%
2/5: Its less than stellar...
0.0%
1/5: Its just plain awful!!!
10.0%
0/5: So bad its worse than a one, possibly even a negative!
0.0%
N/A: Haven't read it so I have no opinion.
20.0%
10 votes
Dec 4, 2011 7:29 PM

Apr 2007
Okay, so I lied. I found yet another BL manga I have not read - I saw the OVA and hated it but this isn't the place to talk about anime. As this search was kind of amusing, over the next few weeks I will scour the depths of the BL realm looking for manga I have not read.

So, lets check out the MAL synopsis~
Yukiya Ayase is a gentle, kind hearted, and innocent university student. The only relative he has left, his cousin Tetsuo, betrays Ayase by selling him to the highest bidder in an auction with hopes of making an enormous profit to be able to pay off his debts. Somuku Kanou, a bad-tempered (though very rich) loan shark, comes to Ayase's rescue and buys Ayase for an impressive 1.2 billion. Kanou apparently knows Ayase from something that happened between them in the past, but Ayase cannot remember who Kanou is nor does he understand why he "saved" him. In a desperate effort to keep Ayase close to him, Kanou demands the debt be repaid in full and suggests the perfect way to do it: by selling his body to Kanou for 500,000 each time. Ayase is horrified in the beginning, but something soon begins to grow between them that can't be bought for any price.

...That was pretty long, anyway like I said I have yet to read the manga and I truthfully don't intend to. But for the sake of argument should I give it a shot?

Oh and for the record, most of the manga I choose to be "manga of the fortnight" will not be completed so if anyone doesn't rate manga until they finish feel free to not rate it or simply rate the parts that you've read.
ghirahimMay 30, 2012 7:39 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 4, 2011 8:10 PM
Nov 2011
Well, I've read it. Well up to the point where it began to take a turn (it was and may still be ongoing) I think its awesome. The OVA dosent do it true justice. Kanou is more protective of Ayase than posessive, though he does actually 'own' him. I cant say i ever discovered that past that the OVA eludes to, but Ishi Tetsuo isn't the only one who attempts to take advantage of Ayase's good nature.

I say its well worth the read, particularly if you like your ukes cute and sensative. And if youre looking for a killer seme with a glare that can stop a mans heart in its tracks, then you've got the right manga. Its been a good while since i've read the manga, but those are a couple tidbits that have stuck with me, and I'll wager there are others i just have forgotten about.

Read it. It's so good, it wont take but 2 days to crush all 35+ chapters/volumes.
IT'S THAT GOOD!!!
KNJ-KidaDec 4, 2011 8:15 PM
Jan 31, 2012 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
I watched the OVA and was quite disturbed by Fukuyama Jun's childlike screams.

But... then I started the manga, and it was pretty hot I guess, but... uh... the story was killing me. I felt like I was going in circles with the two mains. The seme is usually kind but loses his temper and rapes uke x 1000. Uke is still scared of seme even though he KNOWS that seme is kind usually.... I guess the occasional rape will break some trust.

But the most recent chapters... they're about to do something with one of the twins that I do not like. >< DO NOT LIKE. Please, just end the story soon without unnecessary pain.

Seme loves uke. Uke loves seme. COME ON!

Jan 31, 2012 11:48 PM

Apr 2008
I like the manga more than the OVA, myself. I know most will see Ayase as a doe-eyed girly boy, who is a little too uke-like... which is understandable. But I love how pure he is!~ >w< As for Kanou, he may be a cold hearted bastard (much like other seme's)... but his feelings toward Ayase are so precious (as well as comically put together)... that I can't help but love this big bear. XD

I also like how Ayase is slowing warming up to Kanou, and Kanou's adorable reactions to Ayase's obvious feelings for him is just too cute! <3 I just love this couple. Plus I really like all the scenarios put into the manga... so many events happen and they seem to be at random most the time. But that's what keeps me interested. I'm just wondering when Kanou's past meeting with Ayase will come up again, or when Ayase will remember it. :/
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» *Birthday Calendar* ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Apr 30, 2010

937 by bajkugof »»
May 23, 2023 7:51 AM

Sticky: » Suggestions / complaints

pupsia - Nov 22, 2009

19 by V-O-I-D »»
Apr 20, 2023 11:56 AM

Sticky: » * Newsletter Subscription * ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rukia_23 - Jun 6, 2011

270 by whistle_of_wish »»
Apr 30, 2022 3:01 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] The Official Member Badge Thread ( 1 2 )

Ose_93 - Dec 16, 2013

60 by MOoMOoMeadows_18 »»
Mar 16, 2021 10:45 AM

» [Game] Yaoi Name ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kannei - Dec 22, 2009

880 by Suzune_ »»
Feb 8, 2021 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.