Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2011 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
V0YANT said:
Anzekay said:
V0YANT said:
I still think people are being to hard on Yuki...its like everyone dismisses his moments of brilliance.

Pretty much this.

As far as he's concerned, his life is constantly spiraling out of his control thanks to either other diary owners or Yuno, and he just wants to be able to have some control over it for once (like actually having friends!). So when circumstances mean him having control means he has no idea what to do without Yuno's help, it just messes with his psyche and that is why he dissolves into a weakling for a bit.

But like any person, he has moments where he manages to push this aside out of either desperation (helping Yuno back in episode 5) or because he's had a chance to think and come up with something he's capable of doing (the end of episode 9). He's pretty much had one glorious moment per episode so far, it's just that because of the way he is the rest of the time most people don't realise that.

Even without those moments, he's a cool guy. Remember when the 4th had a gun to his face, and Yukki is blubbering (like any kid would in that situation), but still manages to say "Please, just let my death have some meaning"?

Or even better yet how he kisses Yuno in the car?

A real beta would have blushed and stuttered "Oh no, there's a g-girl next to me, and I'm supposed to k-kiss her?". Yukki doesn't freeze up around people, even girls, and can do stuff like this without batting an eyelash, which is more than most Japanese 14-year-olds could say.

If you put Yukki in the seat of an ACTUAL 14-15 year old.... especially since he lived alone with no friends for so long. This shit makes sense unlike Bleach where the main protagonist acts like he is 10 years above said age like most anime.

Insert affirmative sentiment here. :)
Dec 6, 2011 7:49 AM

May 2010
Jacut said:
The direction is still as bad as ever.

This.
Dec 6, 2011 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
so Akise is inlove with Amano xP
really need to take the quote Hinata's father said : Specially be wary with the people that act nice!.

Still don't know if he really got shot though since the diary can also put misinformation if you believe a wrong information through hearing the name fourth and the gunshot.

but if he really got shot... That act good guy detective is seriously scheming something and aiming for the win.

I also notice how weird and easily, the current dead diary owners getting killed lol. Most of them died not directly caused by Yuki but gets killed if Yuki is involved with them. They are immediate death as well.

+ the introduction of misinformation which explains how the diary can react through what the owner of the diary believes (basically if the diary owner gets the wrong information and believes it their diary will also show a wrong prediction)
where if someone saids your plane is gonna crash as a joke, you will believe it therefore the diary saying "your plane landed successfully" will changed in to "Dead End you died on a plane crash whiles seating in 69F" <-- i think most of the remaining Diary holders will utilize this, I also think the remaining owners are even more skillfull maybe? , since the current dead owners where somewhat have weird hobby's and totally got issues ( you know power ranger, super love for dogs, love of exploding buildings, love of killing random people etc. lol )

Yuki btw as usual still haven't learn from his experience... They better watch out for Fourth.
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Dec 6, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
"Left all-right?" xD

Damn, Yukiteru just acknowledged Yuno as his girlfriend. It really is a lie he'll never be able to undo. I totally predicted Hinata's father to be lying to her too. I didn't trust Fourth to begin with either. Maybe Fourth will be the main villain all along.

Dec 6, 2011 11:41 AM

Feb 2010
roorensu-kun said:
so Akise is inlove with Amano xP
really need to take the quote Hinata's father said : Specially be wary with the people that act nice!.

Still don't know if he really got shot though since the diary can also put misinformation if you believe a wrong information through hearing the name fourth and the gunshot.

but if he really got shot... That act good guy detective is seriously scheming something and aiming for the win.

I also notice how weird and easily, the current dead diary owners getting killed lol. Most of them died not directly caused by Yuki but gets killed if Yuki is involved with them. They are immediate death as well.

+ the introduction of misinformation which explains how the diary can react through what the owner of the diary believes (basically if the diary owner gets the wrong information and believes it their diary will also show a wrong prediction)
where if someone saids your plane is gonna crash as a joke, you will believe it therefore the diary saying "your plane landed successfully" will changed in to "Dead End you died on a plane crash whiles seating in 69F" <-- i think most of the remaining Diary holders will utilize this, I also think the remaining owners are even more skillfull maybe? , since the current dead owners where somewhat have weird hobby's and totally got issues ( you know power ranger, super love for dogs, love of exploding buildings, love of killing random people etc. lol )

Yuki btw as usual still haven't learn from his experience... They better watch out for Fourth.

The diarys dont tell about what you believe that's gonna happen in the future , it tells you about what you gonna believe in the future , the plane example wont work , because if in the future the plane lands succesful you wont believe otherwise (in the future)

Also , not all the diarys are the same , yukiteru diary is the "observer" diary , so it talks about what he believes around him.

the 10th diary is about his dogs , but the DEAD END is the only exception that will talk about it's owner in every diary , and it's a true statement about losing the game.

i guess i wasn't so clear but well D:
Dec 6, 2011 11:57 AM
Jul 2011
Ragna92 said:
Damn, the only good character turned out to be gay...

Pretty good episode overall. Funny how Yuki fooled Yuno.

Well technically Akise isn't gay, and he is as well, in the spin-off manga by same author as main story, Akise fervently denies being gay, however when it comes to Yukiteru.... that's a completely different story. In general he is gay for Yuki, but in the spin-off he shows attraction to girls as well, such as the nearly blind girl (Tsukbaki aka 6th).

Akise, despite his gayness to Yuki is my favourite character, Tied with Yuno, however Yuno genuinely scares me, I had a crazy stalker once, she didn't try to kill people but she was obssessive, most people don't understand how scary they can actually be, because it's freaking creepy, which is why I think Yuki is quite brave for a 14 year old, actually he's coping well for a 14 year old.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Dec 6, 2011 11:58 AM

May 2011
StormViruz said:
Jacut said:

This.

Indeed. Director is an idiot, has been from the start and still is. Ruins the whole anime.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 6, 2011 12:12 PM
Jul 2011
Neliei said:
Shih said:
There are certain times that I really want to slap Yuki
ISN'T IT OBVIOUS? Your "friend" wants to kill you

Agreed.
Somehow I think that Yuno is too good for Yuuki. She should deserves someone better than him.

You think a crazy, derranged bitch actually deserves somebody? to be honest I still love her character, but to actually think she deserves somebody.... she's a risk to anybody she's around, she stalks, is constantly paranoid and is homicidal... to be honest that doesn't make me think she deserves someone.

However as I mentioned I love her character. Yukki is actually quite brave for a 14 year old, most would be mentally crushed by a gun being put to their head, being in life or death situations and even getting stalked and realising the girl who wants you is very, very dangerous, the fact that he's not already gone crazy is amazing, I think tears are acceptable.

Ah Yuno, if only you weren't so crazy :S but at the same time, that is what makes you interesting :)

Dec 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2011
That was really awesome. I really needed a character like Akise not to give up on this anime. I m really suprised and cant wait for next episode right now. Everything will change for next episode I think. There is 4th situation, and also the lie yuki told which I dont think would end up in a good way. At least yuki now has a real supporter, Hinata. Absouletly 5/5.
Dec 6, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
Its strange, people keep saying how Akise will save this anime from being boring. I kinda agree. But it still urkes me that someone can be cooler than Yuno. I guess Yuno's cool- moments-meter has finally reached its limit.
I think the stabbing was sort of random and uncalled for.
And the directing is still bad.
Yukki doesn't really seem to be getting the point that you cant trust anyone. Not even those who act nice. Akise is a suspicious person, but i can already see some fanfics of Yukki's and Akise's "close relationship" developing. Now all we have to do is wait.
Dec 6, 2011 2:15 PM
Jul 2011
Mikushade said:
Its strange, people keep saying how Akise will save this anime from being boring. I kinda agree. But it still urkes me that someone can be cooler than Yuno. I guess Yuno's cool- moments-meter has finally reached its limit.
I think the stabbing was sort of random and uncalled for.
And the directing is still bad.
Yukki doesn't really seem to be getting the point that you cant trust anyone. Not even those who act nice. Akise is a suspicious person, but i can already see some fanfics of Yukki's and Akise's "close relationship" developing. Now all we have to do is wait.

They do become 'close' but not 'close' enough to make you sick.

Dec 6, 2011 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
I think Akise save this anime that is getting bored. sorry.

Dec 6, 2011 4:08 PM

Dec 2011
Karhu said:
StormViruz said:
Jacut said:

This.

Indeed. Director is an idiot, has been from the start and still is. Ruins the whole anime.

I'd argue with you, but you provide no arguments and act like it's perfectly self-evident. There's a word for you, but it probably disagrees with forum rules.
Dec 6, 2011 4:51 PM

May 2011
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
StormViruz said:
Jacut said:

This.

I'd argue with you, but you provide no arguments and act like it's perfectly self-evident. There's a word for you, but it probably disagrees with forum rules.

If you seriously can't see how amateurish the direction is then the word for you is ignorant. Go watch more and learn. There is also plenty of discussion about the direction and reviews telling about the flaws, fails, errors and newbie mistakes of the direction, please do read.
Dec 6, 2011 5:04 PM
Aug 2011
Is it just me or did they make Akise make odder faces than the manga? lol I felt he was trying to imitate a turtle at one point. Maybe that's just me viewing it weirdly idk.

I understand that some of the animations could of been handled better. Though the direction of this anime is pretty close to the manga so I don't understand the complaints. If you have a complaint whether it be pacing or how the action was played out or dialog please state what you actually didn't like about it. I found it fine, not great but nothing of a hindrance.
Tired_SmurphDec 6, 2011 5:14 PM
Dec 6, 2011 5:28 PM

Oct 2009
Karhu said:
phnsr said:
Karhu said:
StormViruz said:
Jacut said:

This.

If you seriously can't see how amateurish the direction is then the word for you is ignorant. Go watch more and learn. There is also plenty of discussion about the direction and reviews telling about the flaws, fails, errors and newbie mistakes of the direction, please do read.

Puella Magi suffers from disjointed direction as well as bellow average animation on occasion...and its hailed as one of the best animes in a decade.
V0YANTDec 6, 2011 5:35 PM
Dec 6, 2011 6:33 PM

May 2010
My biggest complaint is when they didn't show Akise touching Yuki's butt.:(
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Dec 6, 2011 6:34 PM
Jun 2008
look like it seems everything look shaken-up a lot give yet we're so not even yet near mid-way eps of series.

flashback dog owner give diary to hinata cause fear or aru.
now we go coin toss guessing who got the coin.
while reveal aru is NOT a dairy owner cause yuno sense it.
all coin toss aru wins so after that mao tried to stab the phone but yuno attack ya.
then yuki, yuno, aru, & etc on run cause dog gone it attack.
yet yuki idea to reason with hinata give yuno follows cause she want kill em'all & no need friends.
to point when got there yuno plan to chop hinata's neck but yuki pull the july 28 for yuki to say yuno is yuki's GF.
after all that dog owner on speaker say something mention cop owner than "bang".
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 6, 2011 11:43 PM

Dec 2011
Karhu said:

I seriously can't see it. I might be ignorant, I admit I have no formal training in direction. How about you?
I do know, however, that you offer no arguments. Merely referring me to hunt for phantom discussions and reviews doesn't cut it. Point something out. Give an example. It should be easy for a non-ignorant person who sees these obvious flaws which 'ruin the whole anime'. Until then, you're merely claiming something without offering anything to support the claim. Just like your average friendly neighborhood troll would.
Dec 7, 2011 3:31 AM

Sep 2011
Karhu said:

Examples or it didn't happen.

Btw is still anyone bitching on Yunos VA?
Dec 7, 2011 3:50 AM

May 2011
phnsr said:
Karhu said:

I seriously can't see it. I might be ignorant, I admit I have no formal training in direction. How about you?
I do know, however, that you offer no arguments. Merely referring me to hunt for phantom discussions and reviews doesn't cut it. Point something out. Give an example. It should be easy for a non-ignorant person who sees these obvious flaws which 'ruin the whole anime'. Until then, you're merely claiming something without offering anything to support the claim. Just like your average friendly neighborhood troll would.

Here is poor article about director's work;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_director
Here is reviewer who questions the direction;
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=45709

If you know something about human psychology and behavior, then you understand where that helpful ratio comes.

Watch anime from directors like Miyazaki Hayao, Shinbou Akiyuki, Hideaki Anno, Yuasa Masaaki, Ikuhara Kunihiko to get better picture what directors can do.

Main problem is that I don't care much enough to argue about this. The direction is bad, end of story.
Dec 7, 2011 4:10 AM

Apr 2010
Karhu said:
Main problem is that I don't care much enough to argue about this. The direction is bad, end of story.

Yet you keep coming back to say the same thing over and over?

Gotta have that last word, yo
Dec 7, 2011 6:10 AM
Jun 2008
^
he almost deny every mainstream Anime in this and last season.All the post I see from him is negative critic... (almost all)
and the guy roriconfan,his review =.="

I also seen alot of Anime and my hype for it is not as high as before.Sometimes I hope I can go back in time and watch 10-15 episode per day without criticizing the Anime but just purely enjoy fully.
Dec 7, 2011 10:34 AM
Nov 2011
Never thought Yuno would even THINK about pinching Yuki...
And there it was... a straight punch to his guts from yuno :))

Damn this anime is getting interesting each episode >:D
Dec 7, 2011 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Yuki was at his worst (so far) in this ep, seriously:
- he lets someone cover his ears during conflict when he is of no lower status
- he lets himself get knocked out during said conflict
- he actaully had to ask Yuno why she didn't want him to have friends
- furthermore, silly questions like the above^ at highly unnessesary times
- he never though about useing the 'girlfriend' title sooner, dispite agreeing to work with Yuno and knowing what she's capiable of
All with that 'dear in a headlight' look on his face!
I can't see why people like this character - I'm still trying.

Dec 7, 2011 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
Anzekay said:
Karhu said:

Yet you keep coming back to say the same thing over and over?

Gotta have that last word, yo
I will just add to the direction that it was amazing and got a little less so now but the BGM along with its directing is good. So the directing is not bad 100%, it is just less amazing than at first and perhaps it will redeem itself later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 7, 2011 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
Lot's of comments, it was a good episode, and all was said in the threat, waiting for next weeks episode.
Dec 7, 2011 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
Karhu said:

Though you care enough to repeat it as many times as necessary? It's fine, though. Your opinion, I mean.

However, I read the review you posted, and it's horrible. It reads like an angry rant, and the only thing factual about it is the list of goofs ("movie mistakes"). Now, if you know anything about film in general, you probably know that there isn't a single one that doesn't feature them. About ten years ago, I remember reading a list of mistakes in Matrix. It was huge. And it's not a very long movie. Nine episodes * 21 minutes per episode is 189 minutes == 3.15 hours. What I'm saying is that mistakes will happen. Even the greatest masters of cinema (some of which are listed in that Wikipedia article on directors) can't really avoid such things. Id est, mistakes don't really ruin the movie. Everything else in that "review" was merely a rant. It's fine if you agree with it, but that still doesn't really give you the right to act as if you've slurped the essence of objective reality. Well, you less than the ranter, who seems unable to write a paragraph without including a false dichotomy in it somewhere. Finally, I think you're missing the essence of this show by focusing on mistakes and impossibilities. I find that silly, seeing as how the ranter at least thought the premise was interesting - so it's okay to accept a shy kid communicates with God, and cellphones predicting future are just fine, but boo hoo if the teachers aren't present in the classroom during a terrorist attack? My favorite part was the steretypical Internet tough guy rant on Yukki: he's a pussy. Seriously, ever since this Internet thing got popular, everyone became a superhuman totally devoid of empathy and fear and became a 2 meters tall, 150 kg muscular expert brawler with superb gun skills living above the law and not caring about silly things like other people or personal safety. Fuck Alucard, they should have let that guy kill all the vampires. There's a thread on badasses, and no one mentioned him? That just shows his masterful stealth. He lives beneath the radar. Protecting us from the creatures of the dark. /rant
Dec 8, 2011 2:26 AM

Feb 2011
Love triangle between AkisexYukixYuno and Shoujo-ai hint between MaoxHinta.

Aside from 4th whose motive is kinda obvious at the beginning looks like they're going to be Yuki's ally from now on (knowing about "future diaries") especially Akise.
Dec 8, 2011 7:37 AM

Feb 2009
So 4th always had ulterior motives. I guess he just wants to win the game.

Anyway, I'm not liking the direction this is taking, at least this part with the the dogs, Hinata and her father. Just not as interesting as the other episodes/characters.

Well there's still some diary holders left, let's see how it goes.
Dec 8, 2011 2:37 PM

May 2011
Yuno is always right, screw friends who need em when you got her? I just love the way she snapped and saying she'll kill everyone, then after being called a girlfriend she went all moe. <3

What the hell you mean that was a lie Yukki!? Ugh and the way he was ordering Yuno made me really dislike him this ep. Cmon man.

Fourth looks to me he's just using them, better watch out.
Dec 8, 2011 8:43 PM

Sep 2008
I dunno why, but I liked Yuno more in the manga.

Also, the directing in the anime is pretty inconsistent. At one moment its done very well and then the next moment its terrible.
Dec 9, 2011 5:41 AM

May 2009
I like the fact that Akise is annoying the hell out of Yuno.
Dec 9, 2011 9:38 AM

Jul 2010
Not the best episode, neither the worst. Though, Yukiteru being a useless, dumb pussy as usual. At least we got to see Yuno in action.

And lol at all the people crying over Yuno stabbing Mao. Are you blind or you just pretend that you didn't see her taking out knife and aiming for Yukiteru's phone? I have yet to see Yuno making an unreasonable decision, though, I hope there won't be any.
Dec 9, 2011 1:00 PM
Feb 2008
Now I really love this show, Akise is amazing - I hope we will see him in the next episodes, too (but I think he won't appear much ...).
Dec 9, 2011 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate Yukki and his personality. He's 1000 times worse when animated. Luckily there's awesome characters like Yuno and Akise to tide me over.
Dec 9, 2011 8:42 PM

Oct 2010
This is getting better
Dec 9, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
Akise is awesome for being able to overpower Yuno.

Anyway, you can't trust anyone in this anime. Seriously. At first, they're all nice and friendly, but then they go and stab you in the back. Except for Minene, I guess. She was badass from the start. :)))
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 10, 2011 6:29 AM

Jul 2011
way too much spoiler here!!!! people should remember thats not everyone read the manga...

last week, i am spoiled that Akise is not a diary owner because people keep yelling "Yaaayyyy the strongest non diary owner finally appear!!!! huurrayy"
i was liike... 0_0 fuck i didn't know that

and then this week people keep saying
"Yayyyyyy finally now i we will see fourth backstabbing Yuki!!!"
seriously!!! come on!!! whats with all the spoilers guys!!!! i don't wanna know that before i watch it on screen!!! :(
Dec 10, 2011 9:35 AM

May 2009
I think too that the direction feels a bit sloppy, though this episode is better than many others, like the first, for example. However, there are still some faults here and there. For example, after Yuno kills a dog, after a while Yuki asks her:"Why won't you let me have friends?". The scene ends here. Afterwards we cut to the observatory where Yuno holds at knife point Hinata, and Yuki repeats the same question from the aforementioned scene. What was the point of that? It's redundant, it would have been better if they cut it or did it in form of soliloquy. But it's not a really big mistake, even if it bothered me, so I see why pepole don't mind the direction so much.
Arashi89Dec 10, 2011 11:14 AM
Dec 10, 2011 1:07 PM

Dec 2007
My one big disappointment is the exclusion of Akise copping a feel of Yuki's ass. :P

Oh yeah, and was this arc always so random or did the adaptation of it make it seem that way? Because that is the most dysfunctional group of friends I've ever seen.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Dec 10, 2011 2:16 PM

Jul 2011
I love this damn show. Akise is a great addition to this group of insane characters. Also, Diary owners are dropping like flies, I didn't expect them to die so soon.
Dec 10, 2011 3:07 PM

Oct 2011
I don't know why I waited until now to watch this episode.

Anyways, with that out of the bag, I do have to say this, when Yuuno stabbed Mao, in the manga I didn't want her to do it and I sympathized with Yuuki's plea for non-violence at that point, but the thing is when I watched that scene in the anime, I almost shouted "Stab her again!" lol. It seems Yuuno's yandere personality is slowly rubbing onto me.
Dec 10, 2011 7:03 PM

Oct 2009
I think I am in love with Akise awesomest and smile XD! Yuno like always is crazy and psychotic which I love about her :> .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2011 12:55 PM

Oct 2011
Holy shit Akise was cool when he declared the gambling game. Yuno was awesome, more insane than ever. I wanted more dogs to be slaughtered! I cannot tolerate Yukkii wimpiness any longer, hope he gets better soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2011 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
Sounds like Fourth isn't all that he seems.
Dec 13, 2011 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
So suprised 4th killed Hinata's Dad. Wasn't expecting that at all.
Great episode :D
Dec 13, 2011 1:10 PM

Oct 2009
Zekrane said:
Never thought Yuno would even THINK about pinching Yuki...
And there it was... a straight punch to his guts from yuno :))

Damn this anime is getting interesting each episode >:D

.......Hun?
To knock him out like that it wasn't his guts that got punched o_o
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Dec 15, 2011 10:01 AM
Dec 2010
Confused at:

Aiming for the diary?
Dec 15, 2011 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
so was Akise diary holder?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes like Mirai Nikki?

Rovy62815 - Yesterday

22 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 19, 2012

305 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 21, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

364 by Konyalianimekizi »»
Apr 20, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 12, 2012

259 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 20, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 5, 2012

326 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 19, 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.