Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2013 11:42 AM
Aug 2013
I'm so glad Rin and the other children didn't get attacked by Ryuunosuke and his servant. I really liked this episode!
Sep 18, 2013 4:53 PM
May 2013
Solkiskey said:
Once again, not a single fucking thing happens.

2/5

I don't hate this episode because I get to see Kariya again.

Purplebutton said:
I'm so glad Rin and the other children didn't get attacked by Ryuunosuke and his servant. I really liked this episode!

Well I'm not... I hate Uryuu even more now, he couldn't kill a loli. I hate Rin because I've wasted 45 minutes of my life playing the VN introduction,
Sep 19, 2013 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:
Solkiskey said:
Once again, not a single fucking thing happens.

2/5

I don't hate this episode because I get to see Kariya again.

Purplebutton said:

Well I'm not... I hate Uryuu even more now, he couldn't kill a loli. I hate Rin because I've wasted 45 minutes of my life playing the VN introduction, 45 minutes full of useful info that if they werent there I wouldnt understand what the fuck I am reading nor would I knew if what happens has any reason to happen at all..

fixed
ssjokgSep 19, 2013 5:04 AM
Sep 19, 2013 4:39 AM
May 2013
ssjokg said:

fixed

lol

Anyway I hope her classmates will be involved somehow in the Holy Grail War, otherwise I won't change my mind about those 45 minutes.
Sep 19, 2013 4:59 AM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:
ssjokg said:

fixed

lol

Anyway I hope her classmates will be involved somehow in the Holy Grail War, otherwise I won't change my mind about those 45 minutes.
WTF do her classmates here have to do with FSN?
Sep 19, 2013 8:37 AM
May 2013
ssjokg said:
Zarnaav said:
lol

I don't know, but before she summoned
80% of that time was about her talking to classmates.
Sep 19, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
Zarnaav said:
ssjokg said:
Zarnaav said:
lol

I don't know, but before she summoned
80% of that time was about her talking to classmates.

4 classmates where the scenes lasted at most 10 minutes.Then Isshei,Shirou,Sakura and Shinji.Yes all of them being irrelevant chars makes it really boring.
Sep 21, 2013 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
-Quasar said:
Weakest episode.

They could have skipped this and not a single fuck will be missed.

Also, what is the point of creating a thread if you haven't watched it yet or any input to post?

Yes, they could of skipped it, but I for one am glad that they didn't because Rin is amazing.

I hate Fate/Zero fans.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this episode was so suspenseful! I was on the edge of my seat when Rin went into the bar!
removed-userSep 21, 2013 8:01 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Gamaliel said:
Filler? what a hell are you guys talking about?

It's common in fate/zero the development of the characters along the story, and now we can see another side of Tokiomi, one of the less explored characters so far. I don't care if we have Rin, just because she is a character of fate/stay night this is a filler to please fans? you got to be kidding..

Kariya and Ryunosuke show up too, and the episode has nothing to offer to you guys?

My only complain about the episode was the ending, which looks out of place, seeing tohsaka rin back to her ordinary day in school was unecessary, but I'm impressed by how far this episode could progress, Especially for those who read the novel, and saw many things that were created just for the anime adaption.

If you guys want to see fight scenes every episode, go watch some shounen, and stop trolling in this forum.

This guy knows what he's talking about!
Oct 9, 2013 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Ah, Rin. Probably the only character (and maybe Saber) who I even remotely gave a fuck about in FSN.

Apart from a few cheesy scenes and everyone always being at the right place at the right moment, it was a nice little episode imo. It was nice to see Rin's past and how she, in a way, took part in this Grail War.
Her using her magic to destroy the bracelet was a cool scene :D
Oct 9, 2013 9:26 PM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
Ah, Rin. Probably the only character (and maybe Saber) who I even remotely gave a fuck about in FSN.

Apart from a few cheesy scenes and everyone always being at the right place at the right moment, it was a nice little episode imo. It was nice to see Rin's past and how she, in a way, took part in this Grail War.

That was because in the novel she never found the missing kids.She went to Fuyuki,reached that back alley the monster attacked and she was saved by Kariya.

And it is implied that she found Kotone's corpse.
Oct 10, 2013 1:22 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
RazielZero said:

That was because in the novel she never found the missing kids.She went to Fuyuki,reached that back alley the monster attacked and she was saved by Kariya.

And it is implied that she found Kotone's corpse.

Oh, well that's just sad :( I guess they didn't want to show such a sad thing for this little Rin adventure :/
Oct 14, 2013 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
when i was watching this i was like

YOOO, you want to traumatize this kiddo? YYYOOOOOOOO!!!! I freaked out when that monster was directly next to her and then she was surounded by bugs which ate it... this would be damm creepy if this happens and you dont know what is going on around you o_o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Oct 14, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
lol. Fucktards who can only watch miserable anime to make their miserable pathetic lives feel better and then bitch when there's a happy ending sneaked in an episode or two.
Oct 15, 2013 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
TonyTin said:
lol. Fucktards who can only watch miserable anime to make their miserable pathetic lives feel better and then bitch when there's a happy ending sneaked in an episode or two.

lol random guy who posts random comments in a ep discussion thread, without discussing the ep itself talks about miserable lives.
Dec 8, 2013 4:49 AM

Dec 2012
Definitely a filler episode, but if all fillers were done this well, I wouldn't mind.

Jesus Christ, someone needs to teach Rin a thing or two about danger, she is way too reckless. but also fucking adorable. but mostly reckless. Kariya appearances always make me sad
Dec 9, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2007
davidfresh said:
Definitely a filler episode, but if all fillers were done this well, I wouldn't mind.

Jesus Christ, someone needs to teach Rin a thing or two about danger, she is way too reckless. but also fucking adorable. but mostly reckless. Kariya appearances always make me sad

Just how the hell character development for one of three would-be-heroines of this franchise, can count as "filler"?
Dec 9, 2013 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
davidfresh said:

Just how the hell character development for one of three would-be-heroines of this franchise, can count as "filler"?

Well original material wise it IS a filler since except the ending nothing else happened in the LN.
Jan 7, 2014 10:31 AM
Feb 2012
OMG young Rin is so adorable!!!!
Jan 18, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2009
Rin is soo adorable, foolish and brave and earnest at the same time! I love her!
Finally Tokiomi and Kariya make an appearance! But I have the feeling that somewhere along the line both of them are going to be killed off. I don't look forward to that.
The plot didn't advance that much but I was so into this episode that I didn't mind. And I honestly afraid when Rin stepped into the bar. I was scared that she would bump into Castor. She is far too inexperienced in magic to do battle as yet.
Considering what was seen in the last episode, I'm glad that the kids were recused and that sick M.F. got bruised a bit.
All in all-good episode.
Jan 19, 2014 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
Iszumi said:
Rin is soo adorable, foolish and brave and earnest at the same time! I love her!
Finally Tokiomi and Kariya make an appearance! But I have the feeling that somewhere along the line both of them are going to be killed off. I don't look forward to that.
The plot didn't advance that much but I was so into this episode that I didn't mind. And I honestly afraid when Rin stepped into the bar. I was scared that she would bump into Castor. She is far too inexperienced in magic to do battle as yet.
Considering what was seen in the last episode, I'm glad that the kids were recused and that sick M.F. got bruised a bit.
All in all-good episode.
You dont look forward to the death of a "father" that gave his daughter to a "vampire",knowing how she will be treated for the rest of her life, so that his family can could look even better in the eyes of other magi?
Jan 19, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Iszumi said:
All in all-good episode.
You dont look forward to the death of a "father" that gave his daughter to a "vampire",knowing how she will be treated for the rest of her life, so that his family can could look even better in the eyes of other magi?

On other hand
Jan 19, 2014 1:21 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Iszumi said:
All in all-good episode.

On other hand

ssjokgJan 19, 2014 1:25 AM
Jan 20, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Iszumi said:
All in all-good episode.

On other hand

Jan 21, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Iszumi said:
All in all-good episode.

On other hand

Jan 21, 2014 3:57 AM
Nov 2013
Really didn't feel like filler to me. More like Tokiomi getting some much needed character development, along with a few other developments (like assassin shadowing Kariya).

Hmm, this actually excited me to see Rin in the upcoming ufotable F/SN adaptation.
Jan 21, 2014 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
SatanicBeaver said:
Really didn't feel like filler to me. More like Tokiomi getting some much needed character development, along with a few other developments (like assassin shadowing Kariya).

Hmm, this actually excited me to see Rin in the upcoming ufotable F/SN adaptation.

What was Tokiomi's char development?
It isnt a surprise that he was one teaching Rin back then.

If you imply that he is a good father...no simply no.
Jan 21, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Well we'll just have to disagree on this. Knowing your father was a cold-hearted bastard for me seems the better outcome than growing up alone trying to live up to the ideal you imagine him to be. I found everything about Rin's prologue(always waking up in an empty house, etc) to be INCREDIBLY depressing.

As for her becoming Tokiomi2, as I said "if not for 5th war and Shirou". 5th war was pretty much crossroads for every person affected by 4th war.

ssjokg said:
SatanicBeaver said:

It established Tokiomi as very influential person Rin would look up to.

Less of how Tokiomi is and more about how Rin sees him.
Jan 22, 2014 2:42 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Well we'll just have to disagree on this. Knowing your father was a cold-hearted bastard for me seems the better outcome than growing up alone trying to live up to the ideal you imagine him to be. I found everything about Rin's prologue(always waking up in an empty house, etc) to be INCREDIBLY depressing.

As for her becoming Tokiomi2, as I said "if not for 5th war and Shirou". 5th war was pretty much crossroads for every person affected by 4th war.

ssjokg said:
SatanicBeaver said:

It established Tokiomi as very influential person Rin would look up to.

Less of how Tokiomi is and more about how Rin sees him.
Depressing yes but not to the point of being completely unhappy

More like Rin's development then.
Feb 4, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode c:
Mar 16, 2014 4:08 PM
Apr 2011
is it just me or does this seem to retcon some stuff in the fate/stay night VN?

Mar 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:

Remember that she

I am not sure about the Sakura part.Di I skip it when reading the VN ?Because I would certainly dislike Rin if she felt that way.
Mar 16, 2014 5:01 PM
Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

Remember that she

I am not sure about the Sakura part.Di I skip it when reading the VN ?Because I would certainly dislike Rin if she felt that way.

Mar 17, 2014 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

Remember that she

Was I focused on everything else?I dont know.

In Rin's defense being a magus in training while being an orphan is kinda worse than most people.
As for what she said...doesnt that contradict her actions in UBW and Fate?Like with saving and helping Shirou
or with the condition of the students because of Rider?
I havent read it recently but maybe she was trying to affect her psychologically?
I dont disagree about Sakura.If you ever see me do it is because my account was hacked.
Mar 17, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

Remember that she

In Rin's defense being a magus in training while being an orphan is kinda worse than most people.
As for what she said...doesnt that contradict her actions in UBW and Fate?Like with saving and helping Shirou
I havent read it recently but maybe she was trying to affect her psychologically?
I dont disagree about Sakura.If you ever see me do it is because my account was hacked.

Rin basically
Mar 17, 2014 1:46 PM
Apr 2011
Fai said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:
ssjokg said:
MaxVdub said:

Remember that she

Rin basically

Mar 18, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
MaxVdub said:

Apr 17, 2014 1:26 PM

May 2013
Wow to me this episode was intense
Apr 18, 2014 7:49 PM
Nov 2013
A brilliant excerpt of kids way to confident about themselves and wanting to get themselves killed. Seriously what was she thinking? She wouldn't stand a chance against the caster or the dude who has been murdering fucking dozens of kids previously.
Apr 18, 2014 10:12 PM

Aug 2009
Zombiespire said:
A brilliant excerpt of kids way to confident about themselves and wanting to get themselves killed. Seriously what was she thinking? She wouldn't stand a chance against the caster or the dude who has been murdering fucking dozens of kids previously.
Rin even at that age, would be able to beat Ryunosuke.
Apr 23, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
and he would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling Rin
Yo
Apr 29, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so spoiled from Fate/Stay Night, that I knew she wouldn't die. But this is so much better
May 6, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
1. The compass animation was really good

2. Rin was awesome, saving those kids. She's got lot of guts going into dark places

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 22, 2014 9:06 AM
Jun 2013
huray for rin saving the kids.Though any personal problems rin run into is kinda dwarfed by the fact her sister is getting raped every day for hours on end.Its also kinda werid that rin doesint have the slightest thought of meeting her sister again.I know shes unaware of the god awful thigns being done to her but wouldint she think when she grows up she could see her again.Aio oh how much you suck kariya is a better parental figure then you.
May 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:
huray for rin saving the kids.Though any personal problems rin run into is kinda dwarfed by the fact her sister is getting raped every day for hours on end.Its also kinda werid that rin doesint have the slightest thought of meeting her sister again.I know shes unaware of the god awful thigns being done to her but wouldint she think when she grows up she could see her again.Aio oh how much you suck kariya is a better parental figure then you.

Its quite clear Rin ends up blaming Sakura for
Both sisters can't stand each other

Her sole reason to do anything is her obsession with winning Holy Grail War, with that being a way to prove being worthy of her father.

Worm rape or not, Magi training is still basically torture too.

At the start of FSN, Rin does not really "comprehend"(or want to comprehend) emotional value of things. Everything has to have an use, a true "value". If it can't be sold or exchanged or used for something, it is worthless, which contrasts with Shirou's understanding of everything being of equal importance, no matter the value.
May 22, 2014 7:12 PM
Jun 2013
Fai said:
souledge94 said:

Its quite clear Rin ends up blaming Sakura for
Both sisters can't stand each other

Her sole reason to do anything is her obsession with winning Holy Grail War, with that being a way to prove being worthy of her father.

Worm rape or not, Magi training is still basically torture too.

At the start of FSN, Rin does not really "comprehend"(or want to comprehend) emotional value of things. Everything has to have an use, a true "value". If it can't be sold or exchanged or used for something, it is worthless, which contrasts with Shirou's understanding of everything being of equal importance, no matter the value.

Well in this show at least rins thoughts of her sister so far hasint been shown execpt for the split up.Thats why I was wondering why nothing was said during this rin focuse episode.Also if they cant stand on another I say i would side with sakura.Since it feels she got the worst hand.Even if you dont count the worm rape she was basically disowned by her own flesh and blood as a child just cause some stupid family deal.That kinda beats out my daddy died where are you. The show also hasint shown that rin learning magic is up there with torture.
souledge94May 22, 2014 7:20 PM
May 24, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:

Well in this show at least rins thoughts of her sister so far hasint been shown execpt for the split up.
Thats why I was wondering why nothing was said during this rin focused episode

Also if they cant stand on another I say i would side with sakura.Since it feels she got the worst hand.

That's because at this point Rin still barely knows anything about the magus matters.
Its simply one of two events in the past that drive her motivation in the "present".

She learns the stuff about her sister(she does not know the details) in between F/0 and FSN and pretty much treats it in similar way Tokiomi is doing(Sakura is a Matou not Tohsaka, she is of no use to Rin) , except fueled by blame(both sisters view everything each other does in "You are intent of stealing my happiness with everything you do" kind of way). Sakura is "pitiful screwed up mess" from Rin's POV and Rin is "inferior obnoxious roadblock" from Sakura's. Its not possible to justify one or the other, since neither takes a healthy approach (well Rin's is technically healthier, but still not right).

Stuff beyond that is explored in FSN.

Even if you dont count the worm rape she was basically disowned by her own flesh and blood as a child just cause some stupid family deal.

Rin would be the one to become the head of the family anyway.
Sakura not being Tohsaka is not the problem. What she has to go through is. But its not something that Rin has to openly care about anyway, since RIn is not the one to openly show her intentions or thoughts anyway - its far easier to try to find someone to blame for your misfortune, which is essentially what both sisters do.
Jun 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
Best episode of FZ so far. And it was quite scary, when she chased Caster's master. I thought that Caster will show up and kill her any minute x|
By the way did you realized Illuminati, when Tokiomi was creating that horse statue? lol.
Jun 7, 2014 12:30 AM

Jan 2012
Kariya is so tragic
Jun 24, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2014
It's bothering me, not knowing who Beserker is in the historical record. Despair.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.