Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 9 Discussion

Dec 2, 2011 9:03 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Guess who's back? Back again...
SHANA IS BACK! Tell a friend...

If I could give this episode 10/5 I would...one of my favourites of the whole series so far.

This show is getting better every week now, good job on this adaptation JC Staff! Also I LOVE THAT DRESS!

Modified by game8910, Dec 2, 2011 12:06 PM

Dec 2, 2011 9:08 AM

game8910 said:
SHANA IS BACK! Tell a friend...

this

it has began
4/5

Dec 2, 2011 10:42 AM

Amazing episode! The moment Shana grabbed her sword and turned into blaze left me completely in awe. The action seems to increase by the episode. and the suspense is just going higher.
Sereiden is completely open and Shana is back in RED!
I'm really looking forward to see SoF Yuiji vs Shana, just like in the first episode.

Also, was it just I that made a giant smile during her transformation? It really felt good seing that.

Dec 2, 2011 1:02 PM
excellent episode. Best so far

Dec 2, 2011 1:05 PM

Geez, Shana was such a freak this episode.
Those Rinne were hot though; what a waste.

Dec 2, 2011 2:32 PM
DarkneX said:
Also, was it just I that made a giant smile during her transformation? It really felt good seing that.
I gotta say, I also felt certain satisfaction upon seeing that.

Shana is back indeed, let the party start.
Modified by Luna, Aug 14, 2012 12:35 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 2, 2011 2:45 PM

Well I guess they had to advance the storyline somehow. Just seemed a bit too easy, and a bit too predictable. Breaking the barrier through a relative cliche way is ridiculous, especially when it's basically a deus ex machina, But I can't really expect that much, it wasn't irritating, just could have been done better. They lost way too easily.

3/5
Modified by mdz, Dec 2, 2011 9:23 PM

Dec 2, 2011 6:38 PM

Someone lost it..

Dec 2, 2011 7:18 PM

Kurogashi said:
Someone lost it..

Well, after you've gone from incredibly powerful to weak and the only thing that's stopping you from getting your power back is a bunch of weak Rinnes you can't kill now, yeah, you kinda would beat the living shit of them.

Dec 2, 2011 7:37 PM

Good episode,she is back.

Khamsin and Rebecca doing their job destroying everything while Wilhemina "tries" to save Shana.

They using the castles was interesting but kinda lame that nobody knew about it...or they know?? mmmm

Shana getting psycho was well done i really enjoy it seeing her lost it like that,poor Rinne.

Seeing Tenmoku Ikko again and he slaughtering everyone and breaking Decor's Magnesia was amazing he just kicks ass!

The best scene so far without doubt is her recovering his power just give me the chills....she is back!!

Next episode we get to see her kick some asses.

Btw Shana in dress looks so cute.

Dec 2, 2011 7:46 PM

Awesome episode. Just keeps getting better and better.
Modified by Luna, Aug 14, 2012 12:35 AM

Dec 2, 2011 8:11 PM

Finally, SHANA IS BACK!!!
Psycho Shana looked like she came directly out of School Days to me.

Dec 2, 2011 8:27 PM

Now this was a good episode but I feel that they were able to destroy the mirrow pretty quickly.

Anyway I wonder why Sophie is going there? I hope to see some good moves from her since she is the leader. But at the same time I wonder if she is destined to die since Shana is our main character?

Dec 2, 2011 8:30 PM

That dress is OVER 9000! Sooo cute :3

Dec 2, 2011 9:51 PM

Everyone is talking about Shana (and it was cool and all) but did anyone see that rocket punch from the big giant? Oh, and Wizard of Oz with the lion dude.

Dec 2, 2011 10:45 PM
prismheart said:
Everyone is talking about Shana (and it was cool and all) but did anyone see that rocket punch from the big giant? Oh, and Wizard of Oz with the lion dude.

Yea now you mention he does looks like the kion from wizard of oz

Dec 2, 2011 11:01 PM

one thing i want to know tho, who was that guy that brought shana the sword? maybe its a detail from a previous season i forgotten about but i dont know a thing about him

Dec 2, 2011 11:41 PM

Called it, knew Shana would get her powers back this episode; i think the pacing is good; if they can keep it up it will be even better; well seems like the palace is going to fall but it will be interesting to see what kind of up grade Yuji gets after they return.

Dec 2, 2011 11:58 PM

I'm guessing the novels don't explain why Tenmoku Ikko now has special Mystes teleporting powers? Or why Shana was not capable of moving her legs even though she didn't suffer any apparent damage from the ceiling collapse?

Dec 3, 2011 12:57 AM
originanime

Psycho Shana... I like it.

Dec 3, 2011 1:07 AM

Dat Tenmoku Ikko.

Dec 3, 2011 2:21 AM
it just the start we will get stronger enemys soon

Dec 3, 2011 3:51 AM
kenshin_sama said:
one thing i want to know tho, who was that guy that brought shana the sword? maybe its a detail from a previous season i forgotten about but i dont know a thing about him

if i can remember correctly it was from a previous season. he either is the sword itself or is the real master of it because shana had to defeat him in order to gain control of the sword. im pretty sure thats it, its been like a year or so since i seen it.

Dec 3, 2011 4:38 AM

mdz said:
Well I guess they had to advance the storyline somehow. Just seemed a bit too easy, and a bit too predictable. Breaking the barrier through a relative cliche way is ridiculous, especially when it's basically a deus ex machina, But I can't really expect that much, it wasn't irritating, just could have been done better. They lost way too easily.

3/5

How did he break the barrier through Deus ex machina? The person who was containing the barrier was either injured or killed by the samurai(aka shana's sword). Which caused for the barrier to fall, they saw this opening and fired the arm cannon. I dont get how that is cliche when it follows the rules in place. O.o?

Dec 3, 2011 5:22 AM

kenshin_sama said:

That samurai guy is the sword itself basically. He was originally the creator of the sword and his soul became one with the sword so his the sword itself. He was looking for a deserving master for the sword that can beat him in battle and he was defeated by Shana so she became the master of the sword. It was shown in previous seasons.

Anyway, isn't that mirror like a pathway to the world Yuji went? If that mirror breaks won't they be trapped and not able to leave that world?

Modified by Monad, Dec 3, 2011 7:20 AM

Dec 3, 2011 6:03 AM

I liked how the connection between the two palaces was explained in this episode.

Seeing Shana finally regaining her lost powers was rather touching, in my opinion.
"Love is power. Give it to another and you will bring bliss. Friends, criminals, strangers, and even yourself. All is reborn when you forgive, love, and understand."

Dec 3, 2011 6:30 AM
Observer

Monad said:

Anyway, isn't that mirror like a pathway to the world Yuji went? If that mirror breaks won't they be trapped and not able to live that world?

Actually, they only broke the Seireiden stealth system. In other words, all the enemy Flame Hazes can come attack it now.

Meddigo said:
I'm guessing the novels don't explain why Tenmoku Ikko now has special Mystes teleporting powers? Or why Shana was not capable of moving her legs even though she didn't suffer any apparent damage from the ceiling collapse?

What teleporting powers are you referring to? Also, Shana was in fact injured from the damage. Her energy is nearly completed depleted as she's not even human lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Dec 3, 2011 7:09 AM

wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Anyway, isn't that mirror like a pathway to the world Yuji went? If that mirror breaks won't they be trapped and not able to live that world?

Actually, they only broke the Seireiden stealth system. In other words, all the enemy Flame Hazes can come attack it now.

Meddigo said:

What teleporting powers are you referring to? Also, Shana was in fact injured from the damage. Her energy is nearly completed depleted as she's not even human lol.
You cracked me up there.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."

Dec 3, 2011 7:51 AM

Am I the only one who seems to find this series really boring at what it does?

The action is a bit sparse and anytime they need to explain something, it's always some long winded explanation with lots of people with very long names. I'm not trolling or anything as I've looked forward to this series as much as anyone else here but it just feels really poorly done. It's hard to put a finger on, it just feels mediocre.

I'm actually rooting for Bal Masque as I actually find alot of their characters likable and I'm feeling nothing for any of the Flame Hazes, except for Shana...a little. That's about it. Yuji needs to get back and own them all soon.

Dec 3, 2011 8:32 AM
Observer

/sarcasm

Anyway.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Dec 3, 2011 9:17 AM
Riptos said:
Am I the only one who seems to find this series really boring at what it does?

The action is a bit sparse and anytime they need to explain something, it's always some long winded explanation with lots of people with very long names. I'm not trolling or anything as I've looked forward to this series as much as anyone else here but it just feels really poorly done. It's hard to put a finger on, it just feels mediocre.

I'm actually rooting for Bal Masque as I actually find alot of their characters likable and I'm feeling nothing for any of the Flame Hazes, except for Shana...a little. That's about it. Yuji needs to get back and own them all soon.
he will come back but in few more episodes

Dec 3, 2011 9:38 AM

Yes...yes...FUCK YES SHE IS BACK OH MY GOD YES, that dress and that red hair= OH MY GOD EPICNESS IS FLOWING THROUGH MY EYES!. That episode was so bloody epic! wow, I just can't,can't CAN'T WAIT for next week, Rebecca and Khamsin were just tearing up the whole place! Yeah! Shana psycho mode on the Rinne is epic win!

Dec 3, 2011 10:12 AM

Monad said:
kenshin_sama said:

That samurai guy is the sword itself basically. He was originally the creator of the sword and his soul became one with the sword so his the sword itself. He was looking for a deserving master for the sword that can beat him in battle and he was defeated by Shana so she became the master of the sword. It was shown in previous seasons.

Anyway, isn't that mirror like a pathway to the world Yuji went? If that mirror breaks won't they be trapped and not able to leave that world?

ok now i remember. its been an while since ive seen the last season, but that jogged my memory a bit. thx for the help :)

Dec 3, 2011 10:16 AM

My only gripe was that the animation didn't match up that well to Shana's moaning and groaning.

Great episode, though. DESTROY EVERYTHING.

Oh, and did the samurai guy kill Fecor?
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.

Dec 3, 2011 1:22 PM

There's the fire-hair I've been missing.

Dec 3, 2011 1:59 PM

EPIC, EPIC, EPIC!!!
gotta say, when i saw the lion dude, i just LOL'd for some stupid reason...
prismheart said:

.... THATS WHY!!!
but he certainly doesn't lack the courage :/

ANYWAYS, when shana was 'destroying' that Rinne , it was just O.O ((still epic though! 8D)
each episode is just getting better and better!
J.C staff are doing great imo, and hope it gets better
DarkneX said:

LOL, i did the same thing ;D

Dec 3, 2011 4:20 PM
I shit my pants when I saw how the tomogara and Fecor shit their pants when they saw Tenmoku Ikko. bwahaha

Dec 3, 2011 5:35 PM

Looks like things finally pick up in this episode.

It isn't Shakugan no Shana without Shana of course! Makes all the long explanations containing long names more bearable. ;)

Dec 3, 2011 6:39 PM

I hope Yuji comes and rapes everybody. Shana should know her place. Now that she has her knife and flames back, she should be in the kitchen. Why is she still running around? Yuji`s gonna come back soon and she`d better make some food before that!

I pity Fecor, he was somewhat the most civilized looking fella out there. All others are just freaks. Both denizens and hazes are all just violent savages.

Nevertheless, Shana looked sexy with all that screaming and stabbing. I like it when cute little girls in white dress loose it and start acting like crazy because of fear, when they cry, growl, howl and stab things. But i think that scene lacked something - probably some splashes of blood and brains.

Dec 3, 2011 6:50 PM

DarthVantos said:
mdz said:

3/5

How did he break the barrier through Deus ex machina? The person who was containing the barrier was either injured or killed by the samurai(aka shana's sword). Which caused for the barrier to fall, they saw this opening and fired the arm cannon. I dont get how that is cliche when it follows the rules in place. O.o?

Up until that moment, I wasn't aware that the sword could magically manifest itself into its original wielder due to incessant cries from Shana. Then the sword could somehow continue on to destroy everything in its way. If that was the case, why not do it sooner.

Then again, I could be wrong, I watched the previous seasons months ago. But from my recollections, I don't remember that being possible. It just seemed a bit forced, the fact that the "defending" troops were obliterated so easily doesn't flow either. It's generally much easier to defend than it is to lead an assault, especially if you're going up against a powerhouse.
Modified by mdz, Dec 3, 2011 7:13 PM

Dec 3, 2011 7:51 PM

This episode was truly great! It shows so many new actions, fight scenes, and awesome footages! Glad Shana has got her Nietono no Shana back lol. This ep was just BA in general ^^.

That one scene with Shana going berserk was quite interesting, too. I'm glad to have watched this episode! :D

Dec 4, 2011 12:37 AM

thought Shana losing it on that Rinne and Tenmoku Ikko killing everyone including Fecor was a bit over the top.. but the one scene that made this episode win was when Tenmoku returned to his master, knelt down and returned the sword to Shana while she goes Flame Haze mode.. i kinda felt the connection between the sword and its bearer..

had Shana realized calling for Nietono no Shana with all her will earlier, she wouldn't have had to suffer.. oh well, it made the scenes to follow more dramatic, i'd guess..

Dec 4, 2011 2:29 AM

I wonder if Tenmoku Ikko is actually stronger then Shana herself. When was the other time Tenmoku appeared? It's been a while for me since I saw the first two seasons... But he's cool. Killing Fecor was lame. ROCKET PANCH, I lol'ed. Didn't mind the lion though. So, Shana goes Kill Bill mode again.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.

Dec 4, 2011 2:33 AM

DragonsWhip said:
I wonder if Tenmoku Ikko is actually stronger then Shana herself. When was the other time Tenmoku appeared? It's been a while for me since I saw the first two seasons... But he's cool. Killing Fecor was lame. ROCKET PANCH, I lol'ed. Didn't mind the lion though. So, Shana goes Kill Bill mode again.

Tenmoku Ikko appeared the same day that Shana made her contract with Alastor. She used the leverage of becoming a Flame Haze (and threrefore an extremely strong opponent for Tenmoku Ikko) in order to get Tenmoku Ikko to destroy the tomogara that was there, which I thought was really damn smart for someone who was no more than 14 at the time.

Dec 4, 2011 8:23 AM
Hehe, Shana is more and more annoying for me...:P
Well, I'm still looking forward to the action that's ahead...

Dec 4, 2011 9:58 AM

Nice episode, Shana is free, and Seirei-den is visible now.

Dec 4, 2011 3:01 PM

It's the best episode so far ;) The episodes just keep getting better :)

Dec 4, 2011 3:09 PM
Best episode of the season, easily. It just became interesting again.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Dec 4, 2011 4:10 PM

If Tenmoku Ikko seriously killed Fecor i call bullshit there is no way Tenmoku can kill Fecor that just comes across as a massive ass pull.

Oh and i know Shana was desperate and at the end of her rope and everything but did she really need to kill that Rinne? The Rinne was just following Yuji's orders and protecting Shana. Even when she grabbed Shana's leg she was only trying to stop her to keep her protected just like she was told to and Shana bashes her face in, the Rinne didnt even fight back just kept trying to protect her till she died..... i thought that was kinda sad for the Rinne lol
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Dec 4, 2011 4:20 PM

Shanablaze said:
Slicer22 said:
If Tenmoku Ikko seriously killed Fecor i call bullshit there is no way Tenmoku can kill Fecor that just comes across as a massive ass pull.

Oh and i know Shana was desperate and at the end of her rope and everything but did she really need to kill that Rinne? The Rinne was just following Yuji's orders and protecting Shana. Even when she grabbed Shana's leg she was only trying to stop her to keep her protected just like she was told to and Shana bashes her face in, the Rinne didnt even fight back just kept trying to protect her till she died..... i thought that was kinda sad for the Rinne lol

No, Shana doesn't want to stay with the Rinne it would only make Whelhimea (w/e her nam is) job to REALLY protect her harder besides does she look shes in trouble? no she has her sword and can own now nothing really to be sad about.

You know Shana was nearly crushed and killed in that explosion that was caused by her own brain dead comrades at least the Rinnes are nice lol
Modified by DragoonDeus, Dec 4, 2011 4:26 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/

Pages (2) [1] 2 »