Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2011 10:14 AM

Oct 2010
Oh hai there everyone, This is ... well, my first Support topic, because, I have not found a solution to my problem by myself.

I'm having this "HUGE" problem with my Profile Picture,
I want to change it... well,

1. I remove the picture
2. it persistes...
3. I remove again.. Gone
4. I upload a new picture.. "shows no picture".. "N/A" yeye I know 30 min
5. I try again to upload, OLD pic shows up.

I've tried to logout and clear cache before adding new Picture.. but, no success.

help please ;o
Dec 1, 2011 6:46 PM

Dec 2010
haha. I have changed profile pics but my old pic is still showing too. Go away haruhi where's my Mika inamori?

Yeah yeah, it's been 2 days already for me since I've change pics. Forum avatar was instant changed.

This is suppose to be my profile pic right now
instead of Haruhi.
Dec 1, 2011 7:42 PM

Dec 2010
oh god. My profile pic changed just right now. So that was about 2 days total time for your information.
Dec 1, 2011 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
Upload it once then wait. Don't remove it and re-upload, that only slows down the update of the new image. It helps to change the picture format, for example if the previous picture was JPEG then the new picture should be in PNG- makes the new pic show up faster sometimes.
Dec 1, 2011 8:24 PM

Dec 2010
thanks for the info Alex. Will be useful for next time.
Dec 2, 2011 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
Upload it once then wait. Don't remove it and re-upload, that only slows down the update of the new image. It helps to change the picture format, for example if the previous picture was JPEG then the new picture should be in PNG- makes the new pic show up faster sometimes.

Hm... I will try that ;o...
tho, I have this feeling that it WONT work for me ;o..."cries in a corner"
Dec 2, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
Godofcheese said:
AlexSadist-sama said:

Hm... I will try that ;o...
tho, I have this feeling that it WONT work for me ;o..."cries in a corner"

The problem is that most of you are too impatient. Yeah it says 30 minutes but it's overoptimistic to put it mildly. I recently changed it and it really changed after the first 24 hours.
Just change it and stop going crazy over it. It will change eventually.
So yeah
Dec 3, 2011 11:12 PM

Feb 2008
I also have issues everytime I attempt to change the darn thing. Last time I attempted to change it it never changed at all, even days later. It didn't finally change until long after my 3nd attempt. Was hoping the issue was fixed (as this has been going on for a long time now) but guess not.

And thanks for the info Alex, i'll keep that in mind for next time. Another thing that I noticed that also seems to help is making the image a smaller file size by reducing the quality somewhat.
Dec 5, 2011 2:12 PM

Jun 2009
I changed mine 5 days ago and nothing has happened yet...I tried the different file type thing yesterday, but as of now nothing's different.

Whats weird is that the picture IS changed when I visit my blog, but on my profile it still shows the old one.
Dec 6, 2011 4:02 AM

Mar 2009
Tumerking said:
I changed mine 5 days ago and nothing has happened yet...I tried the different file type thing yesterday, but as of now nothing's different.

Whats weird is that the picture IS changed when I visit my blog, but on my profile it still shows the old one.

Sometimes other users will be able to see your new picture before you get to. So the only way is to just wait.
Dec 15, 2011 8:44 PM

Oct 2010
Tumerking said:

Hm, Tried to clear the Cache in your Web Browser?,
I did that 1-2 after changing pic, ding, it worked, maybe you should try it. not necessary to wait 2 days xD.. wait a few hours and then clear the cache.. or just try to clear the cache first ;o
Dec 15, 2011 9:32 PM

Jun 2009
Damn i am going to be waiting for like a year now that tried to upload the same pic like 20 times.
Mar 31, 2021 5:17 PM
Jan 2016
Is anyone having an issue where their pfp suddenly changes and you cant turn it back to normal?
Mar 31, 2021 5:17 PM

Jan 2020
Ponzerelli said:
Is anyone having an issue where their pfp suddenly changes and you cant turn it back to normal?

april fools joke. Wait until april 2nd

Mar 31, 2021 5:18 PM
Jan 2016
is that actually it?
Mar 31, 2021 5:21 PM

Jul 2020
You gotta run to your local electronic store, then purchase a printer. Use the printer you print out your desired profile picture, then tape the picture ontop of where your profile picture should be.
Mar 31, 2021 5:25 PM
Oct 2018
I'm 99% sure this is an April Fools joke, because I looked at my friends list and saw that they have weird profile pics. I got a little worried at first, because I thought somebody hacked my account.
Mar 31, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2020
JIMBOYKELLY said:
I'm 99% sure this is an April Fools joke, because I looked at my friends list and saw that they have weird profile pics. I got a little worried at first, because I thought somebody hacked my account.

Same, my face dropped at first. Mine looks kind of cute, but I still don't want it
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.

More topics from this board

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
Yesterday, 2:55 AM

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Apr 22

2 by GamiKhan »»
Apr 22, 2:58 PM

Sticky: » Advertisement Complaint Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 22, 2016

464 by traed »»
Apr 22, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.