Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Persona 4
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2011 5:16 PM

Sep 2007
Who cares about Rise. I want my motherfucking KUMA!!
Dec 2, 2011 8:09 PM

Oct 2008
niiiice~

Now i'd like to see how they animate rise's ackward persona fight.

Dec 2, 2011 8:19 PM

Feb 2010
"You suck"

hahahaha.

They adapted well the thing between dojima and yu , not sure why they had to put it after the ending.
Dec 2, 2011 9:55 PM
Jun 2011
Rise seems to have some actual chemistry with the protagonist. Her confession that no one sees the real her (CUE THAT TITLE DROP)

That op change I didn't see coming not that I mind it made me think of idolm@ster, the whole dance moves and lyrics sounded very much like it.
Dec 2, 2011 10:50 PM

May 2010
kuroikishi said:
Uwahh... T___T poor Rise... I was sort of surprised how low her voice is compared to the game. I always found Kugimiya's Rise in the game was still rather high-pitched compared to the anime's Rise, but I like it a lot better this way.

Remember, that in the beginning Rise is suppose to be tired and sad. That "high-pitch" voice is gonna comeback and bite us all in the ass in episode 11(my guess). I don't mind though, since I watched dubbed anime in most shows Rie's voiced in except for Toradora, so I don't feel irritated like most do with that. I thought Rie did well in the game though, especially Kings Game scene.

sillyriri said:
Haha, I took a screenshot of the exact same thing xP

Anyway, I agree that the animation quality was off, but I liked the storytelling in this episode. The move of a good chunk of the stuff from Rise's SLink to before her shadow works better than the game, I think. I always found the party member SLinks awkward because of the way they seemed to jump back a little and forget whatever revelation they made because of their shadows.

lol. Surprising how no one has said anything about that. Really suspicious, if you ask me....

I fully agree. Hoping that the other 2 member's SocialLinks are as good or better than Rise's. Kanji's was just thrown out so quickly and with no actual "acceptance", IMO.

teh2ndrunner said:
Wait which detective are you talking about - Dojima or Adachi? If I had to suspect one it would be Dojima given his unusual anger at the MC for interfering. Adachi is just too stupid lol.

I'd say it's impossible to make an educated guess as to who is kidnapping them all. No one really stands out as suspicious to me.

I concur.

Only Mitsuo seems to be extremely suspicious. Especially how he was just standing there in front of the Tofu shop waiting with a disturbing face, like he did with Yukiko...
Dec 3, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2010
"You suck." nuff said. lol
Dec 3, 2011 12:57 AM

Nov 2010
teh2ndrunner said:
Meomix said:
bonifide said:
I havent played the game but that detective is way to suspicious. So i guess Amagi and Rise both like Yuu.

Suspicions that he is the Kira went up to 25%

Wait which detective are you talking about - Dojima or Adachi? If I had to suspect one it would be Dojima given his unusual anger at the MC for interfering. Adachi is just too stupid lol.

I'd say it's impossible to make an educated guess as to who is kidnapping them all. No one really stands out as suspicious to me.

Of course it's Dojima, for some detective he's sure as hell has no on screen alibi.

Dec 3, 2011 1:32 AM

Jul 2011
Meomix said:
Of course it's Dojima, for some detective he's sure as hell has no on screen alibi.

What makes you think a lack of alibi proves anything? Don't know if he does or not but what's to say he doesn't? Just because they don't show him doing something on screen doesn't make him guilty. The same logic could be applied to most of the characters.

Heck, we don't know what Aika was doing at the time of the kidnappings, either. She must be the one! Point is the show gives us such a narrow view of things it's really hard to judge stuff like that, at least at this point.

I think the show, overall, is pretty good so far but I've been a little disappointed with the mystery aspect. Even at this point the game was giving little hints here and there which I'm not really seeing much of in the show itself. Maybe I'm just missing them, though, or maybe it's a by product of getting such tiny pieces of the story at a time. 20 minutes a week isn't a lot to go with and only a fraction of that involves the overreaching plot of what's actually going on with the murders.
Dec 3, 2011 6:01 AM

Dec 2010
RISE!

One of my favorite characters from the game. It's interesting that Rise has only been on one episode and yet her Social Link, although yet to be establshed, is still the most developed of the main cast, aside from Yosuke.
Dec 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Feb 2011
That was pretty good, though I wasn't big on the opening.
眠れないのは君のせい
Dec 4, 2011 1:49 AM

Nov 2006
The Junes scene was bad, but the scene where Narukami helped Rise over the fence actually made me burst out laughing. I'm trying ignore the QUALITY so I can enjoy the anime, but it's really getting out of hand.

teh2ndrunner said:

I want to crack a joke so badly but I can't actually tell if you know who the culprit is so I'll refrain.
Dec 4, 2011 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
Never really liked rise....
Dec 4, 2011 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah I never liked Rise too.

They're dragging the story too much.
Dec 5, 2011 8:29 AM

Oct 2011
teh2ndrunner said:
Adachi is just too stupid lol.

Indeed - my comment was irony incarnate

Meomix said:
teh2ndrunner said:
Meomix said:
bonifide said:
I havent played the game but that detective is way to suspicious. So i guess Amagi and Rise both like Yuu.

Suspicions that he is the Kira went up to 25%

Wait which detective are you talking about - Dojima or Adachi?

This is another part of my reasoning :D Why I would say that he is more suspicious than other characters is a). because he's strong enough to throw people into TVs and b). because he's close to the MC - hence massive plot twist potential
teh2ndrunnerDec 5, 2011 8:38 AM
Dec 5, 2011 2:55 PM

Jan 2011
I guess we can happy that they fit the drop in animation quality right where it did hurt least - it actually was kinda cool that they did not react for some seconds when Yukiko was like "nope" before the question was finished. Everyone was stunned.

But when it extended for over a minute, it became annoying.

And Yuu abusing every chance for making joke, like about Chie's legs or when the girls find them stalking Rise - "are you the killer?". Or the epic "you suck". Not only did they just met her, she's also kinda famous and to top it off they want to protect her from some unknown killer and there he goes and tells her with a straight face "you suck" because of some paper cranes..I wonder why nobody ever seems to take his jokes offensive enough to hit him? Even if they do, they go for someone else, like Chie did with Yosuke. Yuu is really lucky :P
Dec 11, 2011 10:11 AM

Mar 2011
Chie has nice legs.
Dec 13, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2010
Yu is such a troll, lmao the beginning was definitely my favorite part!xD
"You dropped this...Your charm looks yummy."
sdfwdgrthytjty
x'''D

Dec 18, 2011 12:52 AM

Jun 2011
Well Adachi for some reason seems suspicious to me
Dec 18, 2011 1:55 PM

Dec 2010
I pushed aside my fanboy fears and decided to go all out. I'm about to start episode 10.

Honestly, since I played the game I was severely worried to the point of being deterred from watching the anime. I clocked over two hundred hours in P4, and I'd hate to see a terrible adaptation of a game I love so much.

Now, then. I just want to clarify I'm a huge Naoto fanboi, but this episode was splendid. I've always had this soft spot for the Lovers arcana, and seeing Rise and Yu make paper planes and cranes just tugged at my shipper's heart strings. I also continue to love Yu's bluntness.

And the ending? Oh. Mai. Gawd. That was both irresistibly adorable and incredibly frightening. I like Rise, but her dungeon was really uncomfortable for me. For a multitude of reasons.

quote=Fishcaek-Chan]Yu is such a troll,

You just realized this?

And now.. for better or for worse.... onward, to episode 10! God willing, playing through the dungeon was bad enough. Now I get to see the cocktease animated. Goodie.
Dec 24, 2011 3:13 PM
Oct 2010
Rise! <3
Jan 13, 2012 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
Narukamiii. ♥

Just love all his emotionless expressions.

Rise/Narukami looked cute in this. :x
[insert awesome signature here]
Jan 25, 2012 6:52 AM

Aug 2010
So a girl named Kujikawa Rise is voiced by Kugimiya Rie? Nice. Chie is still my absolute favorite, but Rise has the best hair so far. Speaking of which, Narukami is right, she has great legs. 4/5.
Mar 2, 2012 7:47 PM

Aug 2010
Well my 2nd fav girl appears...RISE!!

TowardsTheStars said:
Chie has nice legs.

QFT, well overall she's hot :3
Mar 28, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
Jun 11, 2012 12:53 AM

Sep 2011
Yesss finally, I've been waiting for this! Rie Kugimiya! <3 :D
Sep 16, 2012 9:56 PM

Oct 2011
So rise is introduced into the story, i like her even though she is a little stereo-tipical diva that transfers,i wonder how her persona will be
Oct 3, 2012 4:27 PM

Oct 2009
RealScreamer said:
Solkiskey said:
But she shoots out stuff from her V!

Feast your eyes~
Dec 31, 2012 10:43 PM
Jul 2018

Popular idol in Inaba.
Dec 23, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Really liked the opening. Would be one of my favorites if it was all animated and didn't cut to credits.
Yu says some funny stuff.
Apr 8, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
I fucking love Rise, she's fantastic so I find it pretty lame that the episode she debuts in was kinda weak.

She's still beautiful though.
Sep 29, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Well I for one really enjoyed this episode. Rise being my favorite P4 character probably being the main reason lol. I really liked all the scenes with Rise and Yu, they're just really cute together. Oh and the scene where they all chased down the stalker was pretty hilarious.

Story spoilers, sorta.

Not sure why people think this episode was lame, I mean I think they did it really well. As someone else mentioned they developed Rise's Social Link in this one episode more then they have with the rest of the main cast in the past 9 lol.

But yeah, really looking forward to Rise's dungeon next episode :P. I doubt they'll censor anything since they didn't really censor Kanji's at all.
Feb 28, 2015 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
the troubled idol, huh?
but that opening tho
Jul 9, 2015 5:50 PM

Nov 2014
Rise is really cute :) The suspenseful scene had my heart racing and then it ended up being Yu. xD
Mar 14, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
xMusicMohawk said:
Well my 2nd fav girl appears...RISE!!

TowardsTheStars said:
Chie has nice legs.

QFT, well overall she's hot :3

Well, she was called "spunky dragon with sexy legs" in Persona 4 Arena. Or was it deadly legs? :)
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 28, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
I lost it with the scene of the BROs analyzing Chie nice legs. Oh, the youth!

Rise is kinda ok. It seems a little anoying but at the same time she is HOT I need that strip video to know better what will be my impression of her. XD
Oct 10, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
Yuu’s completely right. Chie does have some fine legs!

Not the biggest fan of Rise but I still really liked her in this episode.

Seems Doujima is getting suspicious of Yuu in this episode.
Jul 30, 2020 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Love expert Yuu strikes again with this time the ex-idol Rise! He certainly has his way with words 'You suck' lol. Looks like uncle Ryotaro is getting suspicious of the gang's movement, even though his right hand Adachi seems also a bit suspicious with how stupid he seems despite being a detective in my opinion.

May 18, 2023 3:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes Rise is finally here! Ready to hear too much of "senpai" xD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 5, 2012

105 by zodismegalame »»
Jan 27, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 9, 2012

72 by NN010 »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:49 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2012

112 by NN010 »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

120 by Delphantasist »»
Nov 3, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Animation Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Mar 30, 2012

186 by DarkCanuck »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.