Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2011 2:29 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Their goal of training is breaking a rock! lol they're competing who can gather the biggest rock.

More Kouta vs Beel :DDD!

Oga tries to split his rock but hurts his hand instead. Aoi shows off her skills and cleanly splits the rock in two.

Furuichi still looking for En at all the game centers.

Oga determined to split his big rock.

Kouta and beel try out their training but hurt their hands :'(

lol oga uses kotaro to break his but doesn't count XD

The gang looking for a "Green-haired" kid but finds a lot with green hair but no one that's En.

Beel's "ritual" dance is just HNG!

Isafuyu an exorcist senses beel's and oga's "evil" aura. She realizes beel is a demon right away. Aoi wants to learn more about demons and how to defeat them. Oga finally splits the big rock.

lol kouta bows to beel XD

Special training for Oga with Saotome as his teacher arranged by Aoi's grandfather!!!!!

Next EP: WOOO START OF THE GAMING ARC :DDDDDD
RayyyNov 26, 2011 4:31 PM
Nov 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Jun 2010
DESTROYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That guy got what came to him.

For some reason, now I feel like splitting rocks with my hand. Doubt I can split the big rocks.

Oh the Game Arc, I can't wait for that.

Nov 26, 2011 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode, and now we seem to be going into the much talked about game arc....If I remember correctly, this was what was going on in the manga when the anime started, glad to finally see what was going on in this arc.
Nov 26, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Good episode, and now we seem to be going into the much talked about game arc....If I remember correctly, this was what was going on in the manga when the anime started, glad to finally see what was going on in this arc.

I started the manga around the time the anime started and I beleive it was a bit further than the gaming arc.
Nov 26, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
As long as there is Lamia I'm happy, but the training was pretty cool.
Nov 26, 2011 9:07 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one starting to get bored of this anime? I miss Oga being the unbeatable bad ass. Now he's always portrayed as someone weak striving to becoming stronger.
Nov 26, 2011 10:16 PM

May 2011
MasterOnani said:
Am I the only one starting to get bored of this anime? I miss Oga being the unbeatable bad ass. Now he's always portrayed as someone weak striving to becoming stronger.

Isn't that expected of a shounen anime?
Nov 27, 2011 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
Zen-san is Here !! <3
Nov 27, 2011 4:51 AM

May 2011
Can anyone guess who's voicing Isayoi in this episode? Her voice looks familiar somehow.
Nov 27, 2011 7:15 AM

Feb 2011
Great ep. I liked it in the manga form and they actually even improved it a little in the anime. I mean, I literally died when that smooth leg ended up being the gay baldy's.
Nov 27, 2011 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
Was another quite good episode.
:") Next week's one promises to be funny too I guess.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Nov 27, 2011 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Oga naturally goes for the biggest rock, and as a man tries until he succeeds.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 27, 2011 1:17 PM

Dec 2007
MasterOnani said:

Trust me, it WILL change eventually.

But we first have to go through the gaming and training arcs, the latter of which may be expanded to help play for time and avoid getting too close to the current manga chapter (the manga actually just cut back to the plot/fighting without showing much of the training at all).
Nov 28, 2011 5:05 AM
Dec 2009
MasterOnani said:

No. This anime started going downhill when Oga started becoming a pussy and all the annoying cheesy characters pops out from "the demon world". Especially the 343434 pillar behemoth amphibian eared demon squaddies.
I mean just look:

"How about we give him those webbed ears, you know from those cheesy 50s monster film? And put him in a tuxedo with a popped collar so he looks bad ass, and give him some faggoty ass K-pop hairstyle so all the girl otakus will scream "Kyaaaaa!!!". I bet all the otakus will piss in terror/orgasm in their pantsu when they see this horrifying vision envisioned by our genius creative minds!"

OMG sooooo creative and original!!!

The shiny headed dickheads are another story. They are so annoying when they first appeared and are as annoying now, no, MORE annoying since they've been given more screentime and importance. They all look the same and people don't care to remember their names, and just popped up all of a sudden, with no purpose whatsoever. What's the point of them being in this series srsly?

All the main Tōhōshinki members of the original school has now been downgraded to second fiddle characters. They were much more interesting and less annoying and funny. Why did they just build their characters up and just forget them all of a sudden?
KathyKaboomNov 28, 2011 5:33 AM
Nov 28, 2011 5:26 AM
Dec 2009
ErwinJA said:
MasterOnani said:

You mean more slideshow fights?

ErwinJA said:
MasterOnani said:

But we first have to go through the gaming and training arcs, the latter of which may be expanded to help play for time and avoid getting too close to the current manga chapter (the manga actually just cut back to the plot/fighting without showing much of the training at all).

I wish they didn't. Now this anime is just like the 47398493483948349 animes out there.

Physical examination episode. Check
School fair episode. Check
Sports day/Tournament episode. Check
Theme Park episode. Check.
Cultural Festival episode. Check.
Training episode. Check
Bathhouse episode. Check

I'm counting all the female characters will grow cat's ears and the guys will attain flying ability for no explained reason in future episodes.
Nov 28, 2011 11:37 AM
Oct 2011
ErwinJA said:
MasterOnani said:

Nah, the anime simply sucks.

Read the manga if you want better quality.
Nov 28, 2011 3:34 PM

Mar 2011
That was a hella big rock he had there.

The shrine maiden was a nice touch.
Nov 29, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
Fuunny! Really unoriginal, but hey, it's a shounen.

One thing I'm happy about is that Kunieda isn't so wussy to Oga anymore. She doesn't have the 'girl in love' thing now. I think that character development is great. Although it was a bit sudden.

4/5
Nov 29, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
tailsxyakumo said:
Can anyone guess who's voicing Isayoi in this episode? Her voice looks familiar somehow.

Saori Hayami
Nov 30, 2011 5:01 AM
Dec 2009
Kunieda is the only character that makes this anime bearable.

That and the lack of OTT fanservice. I'm hating the shrine maiden already.

I'm hating the "I have to get stronger so I can protect so and so"

I'm hating the "hero suddenly able to do something that someone else trained years to do" for no explained reason, Oga breaking the giant boulder, and they didn't even show it.

KathyKaboomNov 30, 2011 5:08 AM
Nov 30, 2011 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
KathyKaboom, if you hate such stuff it is greatly advised to stop watching an adaptation of any Shounen Jump Manga unless you hear it is different (Bakuman).
Nov 30, 2011 4:40 PM

May 2011
KathyKaboom said:

I'm hating the "hero suddenly able to do something that someone else trained years to do" for no explained reason, Oga breaking the giant boulder, and they didn't even show it.

Isn't that expected when you pick up some type of shounen series? Like really. Might as well drop this show if you are gonna hate since the rest of the show won't be bearable with what is coming up.
Dec 3, 2011 11:53 AM

Feb 2010
"if this wasn't a gag anime, I'd be dead..." xD

I enjoy this show. It's a gag-fighting/ shounen anime... if you want seriousness/a show that takes itself seriously... ur in the wrong place.
Dec 4, 2011 5:57 AM
Dec 2009
I was expecting a slight twist in this overplayed genre anime since the main characters are different than the overplayed anime archetype (emo weak fag or a big boobed moe that moans everytime she's poked). The 20 or so episodes are okay, and it's been a long time I've laughed at the humour. Even the fillers were good.

Now it's either recycled gags or the same used on other 574958345 animes. The fillers are just that, fillers. I can even guess what the next character says or do 5 seconds in advance. We get it that the main character wants to get stronger, or someone is about to attack, it's bleeding obvious. Does he has to scream it out loud while grimacing like in other 6r8974834784 animes?

I guess once the manga is adapted to the screen and animated it becomes too blatantly painful to watch and cliched. Coupled with the half assed Studio Parrot (DGAF how it's spelld) of patented slideshow 'animation' style it's like I'm watching a powerpoint presentation.

If this anime has decent animation or as cliched I woudn't be as pissed. I'm gonna keep hittin the 'Hated it' button until this anime improves. I've got nothing else to loose (or watch)
KathyKaboomDec 4, 2011 6:12 AM
Dec 4, 2011 8:32 AM

Jul 2010
"If this wasn't a gag anime I would be dead now!". Nicely breaking the fourth wall there... with his head. xD

Isafuyu is cute. Looks like she can sense aura's like she did with Oga. She could tell Beel was a demon.

Oga still managed to split it in the end. Meanwhile Kouta is still a troll and the search of En continues. He was at home all along. xD

Dec 4, 2011 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
Cool episode I guess. Aoi is awesome (:
Dec 12, 2011 12:42 AM

Jul 2011
More Aoi goodness and i'll admit i fell for the trolling lol. Also i like the fact that the likes of Kanzaki's and Himekawa's rep is still intact and are still viewed as big shots in their city.

Too many mangaka fall into the traps that once a supporting character becomes weak they're Yamcha'd and are dommed to job for all eternity. Moments like these are much appreciated by me and goes some ways in de-foddering a character.

Rayyy said:
KathyKaboom said:

Isn't that expected when you pick up some type of shounen series? Like really. Might as well drop this show if you are gonna hate since the rest of the show won't be bearable with what is coming up.

I dont get that either, complaining about a cliché which is a staple in the fighting/martial arts genre. You might as well complain about the hero being freakishly strong, having enormous depth in his potential and great will power while you're at it.

Execution is what matters to me and the fact that is a gag anime helps with that big time.
Dec 12, 2011 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
i'm glad to see "Good night" finally it's been a while
Apr 25, 2013 12:41 AM

May 2012
Am I the only one that wishes people from Ishiyama/Saint had come along to train instead of the shadow group. I mean, what ever happened to Oga's sworn brother Ichigo!?
Nov 4, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2012
W..Wait is it impossible to split a rock in half?
Then it's impossible to Oga to destroy his sensei's car with one chop (Ep.28)
Well, Beelzebub is immune to logic.. I'm sorry :(

Saori Hayami-san!!!!

Wow Zen-san, how about Tojo?
Next ep, it's gaming time!!!

Onyxthegreat said:
"If this wasn't a gag anime I would be dead now!". Nicely breaking the fourth wall there... with his head.

Lol.. breaking literally

gettogaara said:
I mean, what ever happened to Oga's sworn brother Ichigo!?

Lol, he's an important supporting characters
That's like what he did in Bleach xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 3, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2012
Great episode! The training is going steady and Oga actually managed to slice the huge stone in two! It's progressing quite lovely and the pace is still amazing!

Lol at the fan service cut :p
Feb 13, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
Baby Bel's swag always astounds me. That little bugger makes this show.
May 21, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
since when did Beel and Kouta became rivals anyway?
Aug 3, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
PrimeX said:
since when did Beel and Kouta became rivals anyway?

Been a few episodes where they rival against each other :)

Seems like more and more people know of "Demons" ...
Nov 20, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
Ha Ha, you can't hide from Zen-san.
Jul 22, 2015 2:07 PM

May 2015
Oga's finally come to his senses.
May 21, 2017 10:08 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm I didn't think hard enough about he would break the rock XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 8, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2015
all you had to do is breaking the damn rock CJ!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2020 4:03 AM

Apr 2013
Guess we all knew it would come down to Zen-san in the end after all. Though I hoped that he would get some more training from the old guy first.
May 7, 2021 8:26 AM

Jan 2011
All these baldies are making me thing of D-Frag.
Oct 5, 2022 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
Mad Lad Oga did it!!

Beel vs Kouta was hilarious though...
Oct 16, 2022 10:11 AM
Sep 2019
inspiration boost
Nov 6, 2022 5:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not surprising they know about the demon's powers, it's so obvious xD But Oga is very motivated, he's making progress quickly

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rayyy - Mar 24, 2012

180 by Randomega »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:39 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rayyy - Mar 17, 2012

83 by Randomega »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 54 Discussion

Rayyy - Feb 11, 2012

34 by Randomega »»
Dec 28, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Aug 6, 2011

54 by Knave_ »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:49 PM

Poll: » Beelzebub Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Jul 30, 2011

56 by Knave_ »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.