Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Zero Episode 9 Discussion

Nov 29, 2011 1:01 PM

Nice episode. Origin of Lancer was really sad and I hope we will see more origin stories of the servants. This is easily one of the best animes this year :p

Nov 29, 2011 7:31 PM
Oh man, it sucks to be cursed with a mole that makes any woman gaze upon it, fall in love with you. Guess it's even worse when a certain woman looks like a past love. Now to see how Lancer will meet his demise like every Lancer in the Fate Universe...

Waver and Rider definitely seem to get along exceptionally well. Guess this episode was more of a bonding episode and to slow the action down from the last couple weeks.

But next week's episode also seems like it's gonna be a slow one. Rin's adventure? What.

Nov 29, 2011 8:08 PM
Kayneth ;_;

Nov 29, 2011 8:43 PM

Lancer is GAR.

» Escapism.

Nov 29, 2011 10:26 PM

wishbook said:

LaLaLaidarR said:
Otsdarva said:
His actual NP is what he's remembered for.

I know, that's why I hope they are presented that way.

Nov 29, 2011 11:43 PM

Lancer and Saber get along so well. It's sort of a shame they're enemies.

Ouch, I didn't like Kayneth but it's pretty cruel that he basically had his Command Spells wrenched from him by his wife torturing him. And all because of his servant's charming hole that he doesn't even want. More pity for poor Lancer. Hope Lancer finds out she's lying and does something to her about it.

Ah censorship. Like previous episodes, it was extremely obvious where the censors were. Geez, one of them was a good two-thirds of the screen.

Nov 30, 2011 12:12 AM

saucenhan said:

=))

LOL, is that a parody of Rin x Shirou scene from UBW :D?
I'm surprised someone actually made that :))

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)

Nov 30, 2011 4:44 AM

Wanna rant right now, quote isn't working again.

@Wishbook: Lol yeah, surprised Waver is depicted as a girl though. Not any issue though, since he was insanely cute to begin with. Now he's jsut.... hnngh

I also won't pass up the chance to see Rider shirtless. Those muscles fortifies my ideals of eugenics! That is my thinly veiled excuse anyways

Nov 30, 2011 10:29 AM
wishbook said:
I hope you guys also realize the chariot is a nod to the claims of divinity added to Alexander the Great's legacy, especifically that he was a son of Zeus. The Bull would be Zeus symbol after all. Like others said though, his real steed is kept hidden as a Noble Phantasm because it's more famous.

Dec 1, 2011 2:26 AM

Now, for those who love the loli Rin, or those who have a urge to see what's next in Fate/Zero:

6 pictures from episode 10.

Dec 1, 2011 3:05 AM

Gamaliel said:
Now, for those who love the loli Rin, or those who have a urge to see what's next in Fate/Zero:

6 pictures from episode 10.

I got it! This does not look good for Rin. It's that child rapist/killer. The sick shit lays a hand a Rin and he will know my anger and insult in words for any of his fan to see as horror it will be so bad.

I will highly assume that his actions will make Archer go after him and kill him along with Caster. I would still prefer for Rider/Saber to kill them. There is no way Rin's father will allow any shit to happen to Rin with already the shit he did to Sakura his other daughter.

There was mention of Zoken again, does it mean the old shit is in the next episode? I really hate his old fart face ever since the worm incident. I hope he also suffers a good death. :D After what he did to Sakura, screw him.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

Dec 1, 2011 5:09 AM

Rin <333333

It looks like they'll add some extra scenes in Rin's adventure.
But if Ryuunosuke is also appearing then that means they will also add some new scenes for him as well, since he didn't appear in this part of the novels.
Which means they're pushing it so this will end at exactly the same place as the end of Vol2. Which doesn't add up as there's little things to happen before the closing events.
Unless they're gonna some more new scenes and events in which I'm kinda eager to see.

In the meantime...
HHHHHHNNNNGGGGGG!!!

Dec 1, 2011 5:39 AM

Yumekichi11 said:

I will highly assume that his actions will make Archer go after him and kill him along with Caster. I would still prefer for Rider/Saber to kill them. There is no way Rin's father will allow any shit to happen to Rin with already the shit he did to Sakura his other daughter.

Eh, Oyaji... I don't think Tokiomi or Aoi even know about Sakura's horrific predicament. So you can't blame either of them, even if they've beens tiff-necked about everything so far. I think only Kariya knows?

Dec 1, 2011 9:35 AM
Otsdarva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Eh, Oyaji... I don't think Tokiomi or Aoi even know about Sakura's horrific predicament. So you can't blame either of them, even if they've beens tiff-necked about everything so far. I think only Kariya knows?
Aoi doesn't know since she's not a magus but Tokiomi sure does. He knows exactly how Matou learn their magic and what being a female magus on the Matou entail. There's NO female succesors in the Makiri family. Only breeding vessels for the next male sucessor. Why do you think Shinji was so chauvinistic? Because the Matou are all taught that females are inferior and that only males have power. There's even a part where Tokiomi is confronted about this and he pretty calmly says that it does not matter as long as one of the sisters can reach Origin, even if the sisters have to fight against each other for it. SO he doesn't care about his daughters, only about the Holy Grail and Akasha.

But that's just how the Tohsaka family is. You can see trails of this way of thinking in Tohsaka at times when she tries to be a straight-faced Magus and kill Shirou or during almost all of Heaven's Feel.
Modified by Leon-Gun, Dec 1, 2011 9:42 AM

Dec 1, 2011 9:58 AM

Leon-Gun said:
snip

I did not know that. Okay, totally fine to hate Tokiomi. I hate him too. I thought it was both Aoi and Tokiomi, guess I was wrong. I guess there had to be more one character that was a complete bastard.

Dec 1, 2011 8:58 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Otsdarva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Aoi doesn't know since she's not a magus but Tokiomi sure does. He knows exactly how Matou learn their magic and what being a female magus on the Matou entail. There's NO female succesors in the Makiri family. Only breeding vessels for the next male sucessor. Why do you think Shinji was so chauvinistic? Because the Matou are all taught that females are inferior and that only males have power. There's even a part where Tokiomi is confronted about this and he pretty calmly says that it does not matter as long as one of the sisters can reach Origin, even if the sisters have to fight against each other for it. SO he doesn't care about his daughters, only about the Holy Grail and Akasha.

But that's just how the Tohsaka family is. You can see trails of this way of thinking in Tohsaka at times when she tries to be a straight-faced Magus and kill Shirou or during almost all of Heaven's Feel.

Actually he had Sakura adopted into the Matou family, not just so that she'd have a chance of reaching the origin, but so that she'd have the protection of a Magi house.

He thought that because both of his daughters have such great potential as magi, whichever one wasn't chosen to be the Tohsaka heir would eventually be taken by the Magus Association and kept in Formaldehyde as a specimen.

Dec 2, 2011 11:16 AM
Topgunuk69 said:
Leon-Gun said:
Otsdarva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Actually he had Sakura adopted into the Matou family, not just so that she'd have a chance of reaching the origin, but so that she'd have the protection of a Magi house.

He thought that because both of his daughters have such great potential as magi, whichever one wasn't chosen to be the Tohsaka heir would eventually be taken by the Magus Association and kept in Formaldehyde as a specimen.
Sure but:
Note that he knew the Matou family doesn't teach sorcery. They imprint it by way of constant torture and parasitic worms.This has been the way of teaching of Makiri Zouken for centuries and an informed Magus would know this (heck, Rin knew it by the time of Fate/stay night). While it's true he believed Sakura needed curse sorcery to implement Imaginary Numbers in a practical way I'm sure he was fully prepared for her to be used as a magus breeding vessel. After all, once you're a Magus you're bound to the rules of your house. It would be her duty to breed a succesful heir. If you see it that way, it doesn't matter his justification, from a humane point of view he was still a cold bastard.

HF spoilers:
Modified by Leon-Gun, Dec 2, 2011 11:23 AM

Dec 2, 2011 12:55 PM

I'm not saying he did the right thing, I'm just saying I don't think he wants the Tohsaka house to reach the origin so badly that he'd have given Sakura to Zouken regardless of whether she was threatened by the Magus Association.

He saw two horrible options and chose the one he thought would be better for Sakura.

Dec 2, 2011 2:37 PM
Topgunuk69 said:
I'm not saying he did the right thing, I'm just saying I don't think he wants the Tohsaka house to reach the origin so badly that he'd have given Sakura to Zouken regardless of whether she was threatened by the Magus Association.

He saw two horrible options and chose the one he thought would be better for Sakura.
For a magus sure, but then again I think Nasu in general has made a point of showing that all 3 factions in the Nasuverse universe (the Church, the Magi Association and the Dead Apostle Ancestors) are all morally depraved in essence. It's why Kiritsugu always stressed to Shurou that if he wants to help others he will never be able to be a magus, he would just be an sorcery user and that he should never join the Magus Association. Being a Magus means giving your soul for the search of True Magic and sacrifices be damned.

But I went on a tangent there. What I mean is that I know what his choices "as a Magus" where. And I think he does want to reach Origin "that bad". It's stated plenty of times by several people how the Tohsaka family is pretty much the only one of the Three Families who's still seeking to reach Origin and the Akashic records.The other two want other things...

In terms of character Kariya has every right to despise Tokiomi for being so bound to Magi rules that he'd give up one of his daughters. (I guess I should clear up Tokiomi, as a magus, had to give Zouken one of his daughters as the Three Families had a pact).

Well, I'll probably keep going on tangents so I'll stop there. I like dissecting and exploring characters traits and motivations. IMO Nasu's main stranght is probably how developed his universe actually is. Gen is a better storyteller overall but in terms of character he's rather weak so in a way his writing skills receive a boost by working on an universe that's already full of backstory.

Dec 2, 2011 4:16 PM

TL;DR we love you Kariya!

Dec 11, 2011 1:55 AM

I still prefer it if they not censor the "fun moments" D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 2011 4:47 PM

Uh, I don't understand. If his love spot's such a curse, couldn't he put a band-aid or something on it? Like how Rider from FSN hid her eyes? Or is it his eyes as well? In that case, couldn't he hide his eyes?

Anyway, RIDER IN PANTSSS.

Dec 12, 2011 4:52 PM

Keilis said:
Uh, I don't understand. If his love spot's such a curse, couldn't he put a band-aid or something on it? Like how Rider from FSN hid her eyes? Or is it his eyes as well? In that case, couldn't he hide his eyes?

Anyway, RIDER IN PANTSSS.

One can only assume that it's so powerful it doesn't matter if it's covered. I could be wrong, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 12, 2011 11:51 PM

^ Lol mole of powerrr.

God, I'm in love with all the Servants save Caster. The Masters are OK too (way better than FSN ones, anyway...).

Dec 13, 2011 12:42 PM

Rider is awesome.
Caster, just die already. Taste pain which you're giving to poor little kids. Damn, I can't wait to see him dead T_T

Dec 14, 2011 9:10 AM

to be honest, i barely like any masters... ok, to be exact: the only master i have a tiny bit of sympathy left is for waver - he may be weak, but he acts reasonable.
i actually liked kirei, untill i "discovered" he's totally heartless.. (he discovered that irisviel doesn't have a seal and still nearly killed her.. that was just unnecessary imho)
kiritsugu isn't better either - i do respect him for giving irisviel the "power" (i forgot how it's called..) to heal herself and everyone that is near to her when saber is around.. but he's selfish. maiya was wounded because SHE PROTECTED HIM and he doesn't even care for her but just wants her to be able to fight again.. <_<
i like irisviel but sadly she isn't a real master..
ryuunosuke is insane just like his servant caster.. (they'll both die soon anyway, i'm sure of it)
... i HATE sola. heartless b*tch =_=. i felt a bit of pity for kayneth but seriously.. why the f* is he enganged to her?! she doesn't care for him AT ALL..

.. did i miss anyone else? but yeah, till now i'm not very fond of the masters.. the servants are all awesome though :3

Dec 17, 2011 3:49 AM
Good episode!
We saw de "past" of Lancer...
God scenes with Rider!
And next episode is about Rin.

Dec 22, 2011 4:30 AM

It's interesting to see some of Lancer's backstory. Apparently, it's a tragic one filled with affairs and betrayals. So, Kayneth is finished as a magus and a Master. He's not yet dead, but at this point it no longer matters if he is or not. His "faithful" wife has "taken over" Master duties for him.

Oh, and finally Rider gets some proper, if short action against some Assassins. Waver should have listened to him that time, that horrifying sight could scar him for life if he hasn't already. Apparently, we have an episode starring Rin next.

luia said:
.. did i miss anyone else?

Kariya Matou and Tokiomi Tohsaka would each like to have a word with you.

Dec 27, 2011 12:09 PM

Lancer:(

Dec 27, 2011 12:52 PM

720p.....perfection.

Jan 27, 2012 6:11 AM

lol @ Sola

what a Class-A bitch

Mar 2, 2012 5:29 PM
Lancer back story and looks pretty troubled.
The finger breaking was done excellently, made me turn away a bit even. xD
Really good effect with just the shoe, everyone knew what had happened without even seeing it.
Can't wait to see another Rider fight. :D

Mar 26, 2012 5:19 AM
Maki's arms

Now I get why everyone was making those NTR comments for episodes past. Lancer cannot help but enticing the ladies.

Having said that, Rider is IMO the best servant. He's smart, tough, unbelievably strong both defensively and offensively and is a funny and entertaining companion (Saber just looks upset all the time and Lancer heartbroken). I hope he teaches Waver much in the next few episodes,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 26, 2012 7:53 PM

(Incidentally, there's an Irish company called NTR. Who knew.)

May 15, 2012 7:36 PM

Lancer should definitely wear an eyepatch

May 21, 2012 9:47 PM

kaimax said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
is the reason the Tohsaka family gave Sakura away because they didn't want competition for Rin or because they owed the Matou family a favor? or neither? because i remember in the scene in the first episode when Kariya was shocked upon finding out that she was given away, that the mother seemed very cold on the matter as if it didn't concern her anymore.

Yes, she was given away to the Matou's to avoid competitions, since both Sakura and Rin are strong potential mages.

Her mother is the "obeying type" she can't do anything to stop Tokiomi's decision. Nobody said that she doesn't care or does not feel anything.

uhh, but that's wrong. In the family of a magus there can only be one legitimate successor whom inherits all of the family's magic and knowledge. Since Sakura would not be used as a magus and the Matou (Makiri) family's magic circuits died out two generations ago and no one in the family had a magic circuit the Tohsaka family allowed them to adopt sakura as their legitimate successor since the families had a good relationship on the surface with each other. It has noting to do with competition.

May 24, 2012 1:52 AM

I really like how the show was very effective in portraying Kayneth initially as a douchebag (talking about how a mage's ability was based on family history) and a coward(Saber vs. Lancer); only to pull a 180 and show that he's just a proud and resourceful man trying to make his way in the world. Really felt bad for him when he teared at the notion that he would never be able to use magic again.

Also loving the unique servant-master relation which is seeming to become more like a father-son relation between Waver and Rider.

May 25, 2012 11:39 AM

SeraVerte said:
I really like how the show was very effective in portraying Kayneth initially as a douchebag (talking about how a mage's ability was based on family history) and a coward(Saber vs. Lancer); only to pull a 180 and show that he's just a proud and resourceful man trying to make his way in the world. Really felt bad for him when he teared at the notion that he would never be able to use magic again.

Also loving the unique servant-master relation which is seeming to become more like a father-son relation between Waver and Rider.

Same. Waver and Rider is the best duo in this show for me.

Jul 15, 2012 4:58 AM
This series just keeps getting better by each episode. Caster's base is kind of disturbing, poor Lancer. He's past is somethign hectic.

Aug 9, 2012 4:49 AM

Unimpressive "sad" story
Still a good episode

Sep 12, 2012 12:50 AM
originanime

I didn't see anything wrong with this episode because its not like Lancer is a terrible character or anything. o.o

Loved the Rider parts though! He's fucking awesome! :D

Sep 13, 2012 5:10 AM

Wife of Lancer master is crazy b****.

Sep 14, 2012 12:57 AM

Kayneth's wife was kinda evil.

Sep 14, 2012 10:50 AM

Lesson learned: never trust a smiling wife, she could be a yandere who wants the Grail for her.
Drunken Alexander has the best moments in this episode.
Sad background for Lancer, I need to read the real story.

Sep 14, 2012 12:34 PM

kratos_aurion said:
Lesson learned: never trust a smiling wife, she could be a yandere who wants the Grail for her.

Then you better read the Fate/stay night VN. Her story and conclusion is depicted there, much better than what the anime does of it (the F/SN anime). Tbh, It's a very depressing and sad story.

Sep 14, 2012 12:46 PM

sagdashin said:
kratos_aurion said:

Then you better read the Fate/stay night VN. Her story and conclusion is depicted there, much better than what the anime does of it (the F/SN anime). Tbh, It's a very depressing and sad story.
I think you mean Saber, not Lancer.

Sep 14, 2012 1:51 PM

stAtic91 said:
sagdashin said:
kratos_aurion said:

Damn you dyslexia!
Should read more carefully, i read saber instead of lancer :(

Sep 14, 2012 2:45 PM

sagdashin said:
stAtic91 said:
sagdashin said:
kratos_aurion said:

Damn you dyslexia!
Should read more carefully, i read saber instead of lancer :(

At least you misread one word.I misread a whole sentence before.But anyway you are right about saber.lol

Sep 14, 2012 8:10 PM

Lancers eyes of seduction was too much for Kayneths wife =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

Sep 28, 2012 3:08 PM
Kami-sama

I actually felt really bad for those kiddos . Kill Caster , now !

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »