Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2011 9:58 AM

Aug 2008
Good lord, Haruka, Hare, and Arisa...awwww llaaaawwddd.

And I love how Colonel Dan downplayed the antagonist feel Segai and Daryl had built up before this ep lol.
Nov 25, 2011 10:06 AM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
Endo Aya as SC president, school, panstu, bra, MILF, party, Dan, missile, convenient Void, fireworks, GaixArisa, keikaku doori, foreshadowing picture.
And yet I didnt like the episode. Wow...

stunning
Nov 25, 2011 10:38 AM

Sep 2011
The logic is way off bY letting Shu go home. HOW?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 25, 2011 10:43 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. I really liked the scenes between Gai and Arise (good character btw).
Nov 25, 2011 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
GodlyKyon said:

Gai strikes a deal with Segai to have Shu's data wiped from GHQ, and obviously he hadn't been charged yet- merely detained- so there isn't anything fishy going on to the public eye. That means he's free to go, but obviously he's going to be watched by both GHQ and FP.
Nov 25, 2011 11:19 AM

Dec 2010
Laid back episode, but still good overall, i liked the chemistry between Shu and Gai which seems to be building after last episode, As for the whole Shu and Inori situation at first i thought the way they made it seem like Episode 5 never happened was BS but after i thought about it again; perhaps his getting along better with Gai allowed him to over look or simply let go of what she said in Episode 5 and deemed it irrelevant, since that whole talk he had with Inori started with his disliking Gai and Inori defending Gai bothered him; and it may just be me but i think Shu has an idea of who the girl is in the photo in the end, while i doubt he even has a clear grasp of it, the reason i say he has a vague idea is because at the end of the last episode he told Gai that she knew who he was, which means even if he doesn't know who she is he knows that the girl in sequence at the end of episode 6 is connected to Gai and now thanks to this photo we know shes connected to Shu and most likely the guy at the edge of the photo is Gai which means they all knew each other before the "incident". This show is by no means a quick paced plot but i think when all the twists reveal themselves it will be worth the wait.

Anzekay said:
GodlyKyon said:

Gai strikes a deal with Segai to have Shu's data wiped from GHQ, and obviously he hadn't been charged yet- merely detained- so there isn't anything fishy going on to the public eye. That means he's free to go, but obviously he's going to be watched by both GHQ and FP.

This, people seem to be making a big deal of the whole school scenario, but it isn't so far off because why else would Gai ask for the data to be deleted if it became absolutely meaningless later, Gai seems to be using him as a decoy and Segai seems to simply be observing him as he has ever since Episode 4 when he killed a guard simply so he could continue observing him; if the higher ups for both GHQ and FP don't interfere then with the exception of gossip like the students had in the start of the episode (which was shut down laster by Arisa anyway) Shu going back to school shouldn't be troubling at all. It's not like they run missions every single second; this is also like Code Geass in that sense because Lelouch when he wasn't running his rebellion was under the disguise of a normal student.
Nov 25, 2011 11:57 AM

Feb 2011
destructo22 said:

And I love how Colonel Dan downplayed the antagonist feel Segai and Daryl had built up before this ep lol.

Dan was awesome. xD

Really like this new antagonist "team" of his. All 4 of 'em are pretty interesting characters, imo.
Nov 25, 2011 12:16 PM

May 2010
bakuramariks said:
Is the military really full of gays?

That was the funniest part! At least for me.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 25, 2011 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Ehh...Nakamura Yuuichi and Endo Aya again, which means Alto and Sheryl and now Gai and Arisa...so it's just me or there's really a future for the two of them? :)
Nov 25, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2011
First decent episode in a while.
Nov 25, 2011 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
neji64plms said:
bakuramariks said:
Is the military really full of gays?

That was the funniest part! At least for me.
I want to slap her and her informant for even daring to say that, considering I went to cadets and army. Sure there are but not all of them.

IMO she read too much of BL military genre or at least her informant where she got the info.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 25, 2011 3:55 PM
Jun 2008
This week I get idiot colonel instead of Inori .

This episode is funny but somehow I felt that it was purposely made that way..
Nov 25, 2011 4:00 PM
Jul 2010
1. Inori+Shu episode 5 didn't happen at all. Inori likes shu, she wouldn't have defied Gai's plan otherwise she was talking to her bot why she was cold when Shu got arrested. Gai wanted her to get him in but she also is interested in him. The GaixInori has been sorted when she took him in to the blood transfusion.

2. The girl in the photo as far as I'm aware isn't Inori. She's taller and older looking take the girl that appeared in the void for a split second when shu combined voids. She is the girl in the photo and also the girl that Inori is reminding Gai of, possibly his sister. It seems as tho Inori is almost a clone of some sort of the original girl or an orphan/lab experiment girl that looks a lot like the person Gai lost. It's also possible that Inori is the person on the left in the photo so possibly the little sister.

Either way I started Guilty Crown with not very high expectations, it's shaping up well so long as plot holes are closed or a second season is released and we find out true relationships between Shu+Inori+Gai+Haruka

Solid 8 so far and rising
Nov 25, 2011 4:12 PM

Oct 2011
Okay. I don't understand how Inori isn't on GHQ's radar. I mean she's an internet pop idol, and once she's been identified to associate with the terrorists, wouldn't she be too high profile to slip by just like that?

Oh. Never mind, I forgot. Inori can turn invisible at will.

On another note, I thought the mad scientist was interested in Shu's powers, especially after he saw Shu in action himself. So why doesn't he at least put a watch out in the school? It's not like they don't have the network or resources, and that they have anything else better to do other than hunting terrorists that threaten national security.

Ah well, just another inconsistency in hundreds of others that is GC.
ideoidiomNov 25, 2011 4:16 PM
Nov 25, 2011 4:34 PM
Oct 2011
I liked this episode for some reason.
Still can't stand mc, though his name makes perfect sense. The guy is literally a shoe.

Also, Dan was awesome.
Nov 25, 2011 5:11 PM

May 2010
So we got a white guy speaking fluent Japanese and the careless adult.

Also, this episode was basically this

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 25, 2011 5:32 PM
Apr 2011
Paul said:
/been gone so a little behind on the discussion. Haven't read any pages.

Anyways, can someone explain... So Shu and Inori are perfectly fine with each other after what has happen the previous episode? No asking about her relationship with Gai? And apparently Shu completely trusts Gai now, no questions asked? Wat?

I must have been working to hard these past few days to forget something important enough to change the relationship between Shu, Gai and Inori.

just pretend that the whole altercation between shu and inori (the one where she tells him she used his feelings toward her to get him to join funeral parlor under the orders of gai, so pretty much she was just faking her feelings toward him) and then the whole inori going into gai's bedroom. just throw all that out and then you will get a relationship that hasnt progressed at all and a friendship of gai and shu that spontaneously was created in episode 5 (even though gai is everything shu hates in a person and really what i hate too. gai is cool and all but he is a user and couldnt give two shits how he gets from point A to point B and who he throws away to get there). yay...... :(
Nov 25, 2011 6:28 PM

Oct 2011
I can see it now...

Gai's Void: "Harem-Maker" - Allows the user to attract and seduce an indefinite number of girls in exchange for turning into a complete prick. Works twice as effective on Tsunderes.

Hilarity ensues
Nov 25, 2011 6:44 PM

Oct 2011
@Everyone who's trying to find logic in this show: just give up, you won't find much here, the creators did storyboarding while drunk.
Nov 25, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2010
ideoidiom said:
@Everyone who's trying to find logic in this show: just give up, you won't find much here, the creators did storyboarding while drunk.

This really isn't true, there's plenty of logic here if you actually think about things in context and in terms of the show overall instead of a episode-by-episode basis.
Nov 25, 2011 7:04 PM

May 2010
Anzekay said:
ideoidiom said:

This really isn't true, there's plenty of logic here if you actually think about things in context and in terms of the show overall instead of a episode-by-episode basis.

Are you serious?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 25, 2011 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
Confucius said:
Anzekay said:
ideoidiom said:

Are you serious?

He's srs. GC srs.
Nov 25, 2011 7:07 PM

Apr 2010
Confucius said:
Anzekay said:
ideoidiom said:

Are you serious?

Wouldn't say it if I wasn't.
Nov 25, 2011 7:08 PM

May 2011
lolzteez said:
I can see it now...

Gai's Void: "Harem-Maker" - Allows the user to attract and seduce an indefinite number of girls in exchange for turning into a complete prick. Works twice as effective on Tsunderes.

Hilarity ensues

I laughed. Funny facts are funny.. and facts.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 25, 2011 7:17 PM

Oct 2011

Oh. Karhu reminded me of this review:

Hmm.
Nov 25, 2011 7:21 PM

May 2011
ideoidiom said:

Hmm.

Here is the link so rori doesn't feel like ripped off:
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=45539
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 25, 2011 7:31 PM
Nov 2011
Great episode can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 25, 2011 7:49 PM

Sep 2010
After watching this episode, I'm consider to drop this show.

Too much stereotypical things on this series makes my tolerance against this show even lower...
Nov 25, 2011 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
Lol, abc0716, you made an account just to tell us that?
+ Respect.
ideoidiomNov 25, 2011 8:03 PM
Nov 25, 2011 7:52 PM
Nov 2011
ideoidiom said:
Confucius said:
Anzekay said:
ideoidiom said:

Are you serious?

He's srs. GC srs.

Yes ; He's just as serious as the show "Guilty Crown". For those wondering, not serious at all.

ideoidiom said:

Hmm.

OMG. Laughed way too hard.
Nov 25, 2011 8:28 PM

Jul 2010
Speaking of which, I don't understand why Eagleman used surface to air missiles to sink a ship. Granted, GHQ is supposed to fight internal insurgency only, hence have no anti-ship missile or warships. But that leads to another problem:if they have no anti-ship missiles, at the very least, shouldn't they have a force of fighter-bombers with air to surface missiles? In addition, couldn't GHQ just arrest everyone on board the ship when they return instead of sinking the ship? It's overkill and a complete waste of money when you can arrest the whole lot when they return to harbour without a single shot. Another problem is that even though the GHQ agreed to erase on data on Shu, they should be keeping him under heavy surveillance, right? How the heck did he managed to join Gai and board the ship in the first place without GHQ knowledge?

Nov 25, 2011 8:33 PM

Oct 2011
darthfanta said:
Speaking of which, I don't understand why Eagleman used surface to air missiles to sink a ship. Granted, GHQ is supposed to fight internal insurgency only, hence have no anti-ship missile or warships. But that leads to another problem:if they have no anti-ship missiles, at the very least, shouldn't they have a force of fighter-bombers with air to surface missiles? In addition, couldn't GHQ just arrest everyone on board the ship when they return instead of sinking the ship? It's overkill and a complete waste of money when you can arrest the whole lot when they return to harbour without a single shot.

Nope, because openly bombarding civilian ships have no political consequences at all. Seeing as how this show is trying to be realistic in the premise (real countries), I'm guessing GHQ is American. And we all know that they're war loving, immoral fanatics.

Plus, if they use torpedoes, there wouldn't be pretty fireworks to illuminate the elaborate dance scene. What's GC without the flashy fireworks? (Rhetorical)

darthfanta said:
Another problem is that even though the GHQ agreed to erase on data on Shu, they should be keeping him under heavy surveillance, right? How the heck did he managed to join Gai and board the ship in the first place without GHQ knowledge?

Read previous post.
Nov 25, 2011 8:53 PM

Jul 2011
lolzteez said:
I can see it now...

Hilarity ensues

LOL! Shu better not extract this one XDDDD
Nov 25, 2011 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
Overall, not too bad of an episode. It's somewhat enjoyable and a good way to pass time if you don't mind how awfully formulaic the series is as it currently stands.
Nov 25, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
Since Gai also knows that pink-haired girl in the picture, I wonder if he and Shu have ever met before. And what connection do they have ._____.

I loved how they mixed classical music with the launching of the missiles in this episode. The fireworks were pretty nice too. :'D ...My happiness is so shallow.
[insert awesome signature here]
Nov 25, 2011 10:59 PM

Dec 2010
I wonder who that pink haired girl is in that photo. Wouldn't be surprised if Inori was related somehow.

I still want to know who that orange haired girl "in" Inori is too.

Nov 26, 2011 1:15 AM

May 2010
The only thing I liked about this ep is Segai's not-giving-a-f*ck during the missile launching.

Colonel: Awesome question, Scarface!
Segai: I'm Segai.

And Shu's mom is also worth mentioning.

The rest are ...
Nov 26, 2011 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
Shu's new void seems like something taken from another anime once again. This time it's Archer's ultimate defensive noble phantasm.

"The seven rings which cover the fiery heavens - rho aias!"
Nov 26, 2011 4:20 AM

Sep 2008
So GHQ knows he's part of the undertakers yet he somehow manages to go to school again like nothing happened and nobody is out to capture him. What the hell scriptwriters, WHAT THE HELL?

Not to mention there's no way he would even go to school after all that has happened already. There really is no time for something like that.
Nov 26, 2011 4:45 AM

Dec 2010
lanachan said:

I loved how they mixed classical music with the launching of the missiles in this episode. The fireworks were pretty nice too. :'D ...My happiness is so shallow.

At least no one is bitching and whining about that. That was my favorite part of the entire episode. Seriously, Dan might be my favorite character with all of his bro atrributes.

StormViruz said:

Colonel: Awesome question, Scarface!
Segai: I'm Segai.

And this was the best line. I'm surprised Segai was so monotonous about the operation, though. Though I'm guessing since he was leading it it wasn't his responsibility. Hint the eyefold. xD
Nov 26, 2011 6:12 AM

Mar 2008
Every time Aya Endou spoke, all i could hear was sheryl. it made me squeal a lil bit with delight.
Nov 26, 2011 6:58 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm...He calls his mother by her name instead of "mother" and she walks around in her sexy underwear in-frond of him. Incest doujins coming up!
Btw isn't his mother working as a scientist with those GHQ guys? What was she doing on the ship?
Also although very possible am a little surprised she never learned her son got arrested.

New girl seemed like twin sister of Gai! lol.

Anyway how exactly did Gai knew that she will have that kind of void? They need to explain a little that part. I guess he knew she will be a guest on the ship since he called GHQ to worn them about the meeting so they can attack and make his little show but how did he have knowledge of the void that could be pulled of her? When he saw her he already described the void so it seems he had knowledge about it but the anime never explained if their is a way to know what void one has without actually pulling the void.

onurfener said:
Naxrrhid said:
so ummm, Shu and Inori are back to normal???? did episode 5 happen at all???? does our failure for a MC learn nothing????

This. I mean, one would expect to see some distance between them.

Similar shit have been said in the last episode about him accepting to help them. Listen, your lack of understanding isn't a plot hole. Just a hole in your brain.
What happened with Inori is that he got the impression that she probably has erotic feelings for him and she told him that she basically mislead him in that because she wanted to keep him close as Gai instructed her.
BUT they never had an erotic relationship anyway so is not like the earth fell down and they have to hate each other. They can still be friends. It's not really that big of a deal. He had the wrong impression and Inori was partly responsible for giving that impression(of course we know is not really false impression) but is not big deal. They never had such relationship anyway. The only thing he lost was crazy hopes nothing bad happen to him.
Also his choice of helping that group wasn't about Inori and from the moment he made a choice he has to do the staff he has to do and Inori is part of the group. And since he joined them it means he accepts what they are fighting and understands if Inori flirted him a little to do what she had to do.

mdz said:
Whoa nothing says tactical like lucking out on the void you pull out. Nothing says tactical like a musclehead holding the rank of a Colonel. Nothing says logical like missiles turning into fireworks. And nothing says character development like incessant and redundant fan service (true, I think Inori's personality is developing from a sex slave into an easy whore).

Overall, truly the epitome of great storytelling.

2/5, Great OST.

Blonde class president truly is perfect at everything. I mean, nothing says I obviously fainted like a foggy memory of what happened. Obviously, there couldn't have been a possibility of anything suspicious happening; it's not like her last recollections includes the phrases "I'm happy to be your first" and "I'm about to cast a spell on you."

Their is criticism and then their is just playing smartass and you are the second. The only thing that you actually have a point is the luckiness of the void because they failed to explain how they knew what void she had. Gai knew the void of that other guy that was imprisoned also. So the guy obviously knows the voids of some people but the anime never showed how is that possible and if there is a way to learn about a void without actually pulling it.

All the other shit are just stupid. What exactly is wrong with a musclehead holding the rank of a Colonel? i see no problem with it. And if they want to make the show with slightly lighter atmosphere by putting a little humor and fan-service, it's their choice. It doesn't change the story at all. If you want everything to be overly serious it's your problem, it doesn't mean is a problem of the show. It just means is not what you preferred.

And as for why the guy is allowed back to school? Well how about paying attention when you watch staff so you want embarrass yourself?
The same goes for many wondering this shit. Watch the previous episode again, maybe you will get it.
MonadNov 26, 2011 10:24 AM
Nov 26, 2011 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
Damn that American was dim-witted :D Who would've actually thought of firing SAMs sideways when he could guide them to fly sideways ;D The funniest moment of the episode.

Though all in all it was another excellent episode.
Nov 26, 2011 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
halberdiers said:
Shu's new void seems like something taken from another anime once again. This time it's Archer's ultimate defensive noble phantasm.

"The seven rings which cover the fiery heavens - rho aias!"

lolwut, Archer's got ultimate everythings, while Shu's got his little Toy Boxes, it's like comparing Chuck Norris to Jackie Chan.

Monad said:
putting a little humor and fan-service

LOL @ saying this while seriously responding. You just made my day.
Nov 26, 2011 9:27 AM
Jan 2011

Shu's mama is surly hot, but I wonder if she's the person of "GOODWILL" that the beefcake is talking about?

Then again, I could be Gai who's the person of "GOODWILL."
Nasty001Nov 26, 2011 9:31 AM
Nov 26, 2011 9:30 AM
Nov 26, 2011 10:27 AM

Jun 2008
ideoidiom said:

Monad said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Nov 26, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2011
Monad said:
ideoidiom said:

Monad said:

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Understatement.

Oh, and I have nothing against watching this show, but I just find it hilarious when people try to take this even remotely seriously, which is what you're trying to do by making sense of it all.

I have nothing more to say than what I've already said:

Nov 26, 2011 11:00 AM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
. The only thing that you actually have a point is the luckiness of the void because they failed to explain how they knew what void she had. Gai knew the void of that other guy that was imprisoned also. So the guy obviously knows the voids of some people but the anime never showed how is that possible and if there is a way to learn about a void without actually pulling it.

Didn't Gai tell Shu that he can see voids of people in episode 1 or 2?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 26, 2011 11:14 AM

Jul 2011

Monad said:

Their is criticism and then their is just playing smartass and you are the second. The only thing that you actually have a point is the luckiness of the void because they failed to explain how they knew what void she had. Gai knew the void of that other guy that was imprisoned also. So the guy obviously knows the voids of some people but the anime never showed how is that possible and if there is a way to learn about a void without actually pulling it.

All the other shit are just stupid. What exactly is wrong with a musclehead holding the rank of a Colonel? i see no problem with it. And if they want to make the show with slightly lighter atmosphere by putting a little humor and fan-service, it's their choice. It doesn't change the story at all. If you want everything to be overly serious it's your problem, it doesn't mean is a problem of the show. It just means is not what you preferred.

And as for why the guy is allowed back to school? Well how about paying attention when you watch staff so you want embarrass yourself?
The same goes for many wondering this shit. Watch the previous episode again, maybe you will get it.

Well let's start, I'll avoid correcting you on your mediocre grammar because that would be "playing smartass". Guilty Crown is trying to create a tactical-minded militant state, why the fuck would you grant a muscleheaded retard the ability to launch all your missiles. It's common sense, you don't leave a fucking retard with a prominent role, it defies the logic that this show tries so poorly to create. I don't understand your butchery of the English language in the last section, I didn't mention anything about him going back to school, and I'm not sure how to "watch staff".
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

39 by HanSSora »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.