Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Post New Reply
Oct 14, 2017 7:28 AM

I get upset watching anime like Your Lie in April, Clannad, Angel Beats, etc., but those are meant to be tearjerkers. I don't feel sad watching Slice of Life anime, but I definitely get attached to the characters haha.

Nov 16, 2017 2:15 AM
yjrHanma209x said:
your a little too into anime there swordparty, anyway no i don't, i hardly watch anime, just shippuuden sometimes, if people sit in their room and watch anime for hours on end, even if they enjoy it they will get depressed, cause their immersing themselves in a awesome/ perfect world that doesn't exist, and because of how much they watch it they will eventually start comparing it to the outside world, resulting in nothing but disappointment since anime life can be made to be perfect, and where real life definitely is not.

that is exactly what is happening to me

Nov 21, 2017 12:27 AM

only high school anime.

Nov 21, 2017 12:35 AM
SwordParty said:
I find that with some series, i get sort of depressed while watching, mostly with slice of life, romance etc . Not because the story is sad or anything but because the anime makes my life feel almost "inferior". I see these characters with amazing lives and amazing friends, watching all their laughter, pain, and experiences through a computer screen; it makes me feel like all these things are so far away from me. The worst part about is watching these characters live rich and meaningful lives while i sit in my room accomplishing nothing.

I only feel depressed and disturbed when watching Harem animes when the MC alone gets all these hot girls to like him, but the MC's male friend can't even get one girl to like him.

That's why I like Harems where other males not the MC gets their own girlfriend too, as it makes me less jealous at the single male lead.

I also feel offended if the male friend of the MC is abused and mistreated by the girls in such Harem animes, like Sunohara from Clannad.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Nov 23, 2017 1:47 PM

Back then when I was first watching Clannad AS yes I was depressed. I rewatched it and I was depressed that I was depressed about it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017

Nov 23, 2017 1:56 PM

It depends on the anime. When I first started watching anime, I was sad that my life wasn't as good as the characters in those shows. Especially the school life, my life was never that good in school, and school for me was never that amazing.

Jan 23, 2018 5:54 AM
I got depressed by watching anime KissXSiS i cant just forget about that anime. I havent eaten enough for like 2 days. When i try to sleep i feel like i will die. Everytime i watch anime i felt emotional. And the songs of the anime makes me cry.
Have u ever been suffered like this?

Jan 23, 2018 7:33 AM

^Such a funny and creative post, I'm dying from laughing.

Last time I got depressed watching something was Yu Yu Hakusho, this is kinda weird, but I don't know... the final scene on the beach and all, and it still is the longest anime I've seen... I think I just got too attached to the characters and wanted more and felt sad that it was over. So not really depressed because of the anime, but because it ended.

Jan 23, 2018 7:41 AM

I get depressed when I try to find the time to watch it.

Mar 27, 2018 8:49 AM
I get depressed when a good series comes to an end.

Mar 27, 2018 2:51 PM

Well i only depressed at anime if one episode of it was a bad one
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Sep 16, 2018 3:27 PM
The same happens to me, I just can't explain it, It's not because of the story being sad or me feeling inferior, It's just like I see how the episodes just end and it lets me as I was before starting the anime, just bored and looking for another entertainment, It's more about the current anime model, a short "serious" story that ends most of the times in a really forced way and much of the times open for a sequel that you don't even have the security of it being released, the only anime that I've been truly enterteined while watching is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, maybe it is for being a really old story even if the manga is still in release it doesn't feel overextended because every now and then there are new rules new characters to know about and how do they relate to the old ones, even new universes where everything you knew is quite different, but when it's over? What do I watch, is it that I'm just not made to enjoy anime? or is it that current anime is just not for me?

Oct 26, 2018 11:25 PM
I can relate to swordparty. I get depressed mainly because as a teen, I'm scared for my future as failure is really not an option for me. In anime i see these fictional characters being happy and having so much that i wish that was me. I wish i could have that fulfilling life without worrying about anything. Also there's little things like wishing i had their figure, talents, or personality. I love anime but it really tends to drive me away from watching anything.

Oct 27, 2018 3:53 AM

rather than "depression" i think mine is "unsatisfaction"
always got this after finished drama anime which is why im trying to avoid those. The level of unsatisfaction is just so high to level that i can't focus on anything.

Oct 27, 2018 9:06 AM

The fact that 2d girls aren't real and 3d girls are all smelly whores sometimes depresses me, yeah.

Oct 27, 2018 9:08 AM
i would say it depends on how an anime can make me reflect on my life and how i choose to live it the most recent anime that has done this to me would have to be real girl from earlier this year, it massively affected me and made me think about where i wanted my life to go and because of it, i changed my life up made some changes and i am in a much better place because of it

Oct 27, 2018 10:39 AM

When I was a bit younger, I struggled with depression really badly. There was a time in my life where I would just be watching anime, it could be any anime, happy or sad, and then the depression would just hit me really hard out of nowhere. It would have nothing to do with the anime, mostly just my mental state, I guess. When that would happen, I would usually just turn the anime off and go to sleep so I didn’t have to feel it. That was a tough time in my life, because the one thing that made me so happy didn’t make me as happy anymore.

Nowadays, I’m a lot better, and feel totally fine and happy while watching anime, so it’s all good. :)

Oct 27, 2018 10:46 AM
Some animes have the purpose to make you sad. Marco is one of the oldest I remember crying. Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Violet Evergarden is another recent anime that made me cry a couple of times....
perkunos.blogspot.com

Oct 27, 2018 12:21 PM

Not often, but there are animes that made me really depressed.
I got depressed the most after and while seen these animes:
Wolf's Rain, Perfect Blue, A Grave of Fireflies, Kimi no Nawa, Koe no Katachi, Your lie in April, Bokurano, Code Geass (The end) and Monster

Oct 27, 2018 12:53 PM

I get sad whenever I finished an anime. Sometimes while I'm going through it too!

Nov 28, 2018 9:13 PM
I do, I have no idea why. I don't think its because I think of my life as boring, nor do I think its anything like having an attachment to characters.
Although sometimes when a character dies I do get really sad, obviously because when watching the anime you watch the character develop. So seeing said character die is shocking, but that's not it.
I always feel sad throughout watching an anime as well, and severely depressed after completing it too.
I think it has to do with the roller coasters of emotion, One moment something in the show will bring your hopes up high and your adrenaline going, then its confusing and you anticipate and answer, and then something bad happens and you feel upset.
So in most cases its probably because of the anime being well developed.. lol

Nov 29, 2018 2:03 AM

I wouldn't say depressed, but Steins;gate left me with a feeling of emptiness for 2 months

Nov 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Depressed isn't the right term, but I do feel melancholic after finishing an anime, a video game or a movie that has a sad ending.

Nov 29, 2018 12:15 PM
I've got depressed while watching anime. Way to much i'd say.
For example, YLIA. I do not remember crying so much before I looked at that anime.

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]