Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Aug 31, 2012 10:15 AM

Yes,Gakuen heaven it was so sad i cried so much,Naruto sad and No.6 tragic sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

Aug 31, 2012 11:11 AM
AlexSadist-sama said:
No matter how amazing characters' lives are in some anime, they're not real. Besides, you can make your own life amazing.

Yeah, it's not like people fall in love with you on a whim right? Like what happens in 98% of all romance anime.

And no man, luck is what makes your life amazing, not you.

Aug 31, 2012 3:10 PM

Mormegil said:
I get what you mean. Only once, after finishing the first season of Spice and Wolf. I simply don't understand why I can't have a flirtatious wolf girl like Holo in my life. Fuck you, reality. FUCK YOU.

Yes my thinking exactly!!

I really see what you mean, I get into the story and I get emotionally attached to the characters, but I really don't get depressed unless I see something like 5/Cm/second, Angel Beats, or She the Perfect Weapon. The worst one was the latter, I felt lifeless for like three days after seeing the ending.

Aug 31, 2012 3:13 PM

I got really depressed after watching Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart.

Aug 31, 2012 3:14 PM

AnoHana

Enugh' Said.

Oh man I get the exact same feeling with all sorts of anime. Clannad is the only one I got sad of because of the story, everything else was through... jealousy I guess.

I also get depressed when an anime ends because I know that I'm never going to see them agian, and I usually get an attachment to some of the characters in the anime to it pretty much sucks =/

Sure, I think that if it is a good anime it should be able to make you feel for the characters

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!

Aug 31, 2012 4:05 PM

did i post here? lol.

i've been depressed after a few animes. mainly b/c my interaction with that world is over. The world of an anime can be a powerful place, and you just get sucked in.

more often i just cry. a lot to be honest. sad events in good anime send me running for tissues

Aug 31, 2012 4:37 PM

Anime normally helps me with feelings of sadness. I don't think it's ever depressed me but there have been sad scenes before that have made me relate and feel sad. Not really enough to depress me though. Oh! Another close one would be like when the story goes into a direction I don't like, I get disappointed and sad then but I can get over it.

Aug 31, 2012 5:30 PM

I got depressed watching the 24th episode of Naruto Shippuden. Naruto, what has Pierrot done to you? ;_;

Sep 3, 2012 7:22 AM

Bokurano and Chrono Crusade.. I liked both of them but after I knew the ending of Chrono Crusade, I'm not watching any anime for few months...

Sep 3, 2012 10:42 AM

yjrHanma209x said:
your a little too into anime there swordparty, anyway no i don't, i hardly watch anime, just shippuuden sometimes, if people sit in their room and watch anime for hours on end, even if they enjoy it they will get depressed, cause their immersing themselves in a awesome/ perfect world that doesn't exist, and because of how much they watch it they will eventually start comparing it to the outside world, resulting in nothing but disappointment since anime life can be made to be perfect, and where real life definitely is not.
i disagree, as long as you can maintain a good social life your fine.
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum

Sep 3, 2012 10:49 AM
Definitely.
All the supernatural stuff like with aliens and space battles and stuff sort of makes me feel like real life is somewhat boring, you know? But you have to come to the realization that it's all fake. Sure, it could happen in the future. In fact, I believe anything can and will happen in the future, but it's all fake currently. Go out, invite some friends over, and live your life. No sense in being emotionally distraught because of anime.
Same with the anime girls. One of my friends recently told me that he favors anime girls over real girls because they're more "perfect". Of course they are, they're completely drawn. I told him that they're fake, and that you can actually touch and interact with real girls.
I believe if you enjoy watching anime, go ahead and do it, but if you start to feel sad or whatever, I think you need a small break and come back to reality... I've felt that way before as well, I just took a break and got back in the swing of things.
-GrayZOX

Sep 3, 2012 11:31 AM

Not really, i usually get mad though.

Sep 4, 2012 1:44 AM

tsuiokuhen and honey and clover II

Sep 4, 2012 4:54 AM

In a 'what am I doing with my life' way, sure.

Sep 4, 2012 5:03 AM

Angel Beats and Clannad. . . after watching this i feel that its the end of my world

Sep 4, 2012 5:09 AM

In that order:

Code Geass, made me feel so sad, as the characters were really well done/played etc.
Mirai Nikki, for the same reasons, but the seiyus were so good it made the characters even more real to me...
Steins;Gate, more because of the awesome story and its pacing (past episode 7) that draws you into it =D Not really sad or depressed here, but the emotions have been strong.
Angel Beats!, very fun moments, some pretty sad too. But after all the above, I was kinda prepared, and it didn't hurt as much as I thought.

Will see when I watch Clannad how it goes =)

Sep 6, 2012 6:16 PM
everyone who watches anime gets depressed

Sep 6, 2012 6:42 PM

I've been getting depressing series more often as of late. Recently the anime I've stumbled upon have been rather sad. Even the most recent one, Uta Kata, which had a happy banner and started out sunny, found a way to turn morbid. I'm blaming false marketing! I think I'm due a nice and carefree series now :D

Sep 6, 2012 9:24 PM

depressed because anime was sad or depressing.

seisouhen
tsuiokuhen
kimi ga nozomu eien
honey and clover II
clannad AS

Sep 7, 2012 4:28 AM

Pretty much all animes i watch

Awesome Sig by Lailide

Sep 7, 2012 4:45 AM

greenmush said:
Pretty much all animes i watch

Agreed. This probably because we spent too much time with them making an attachment between the viewer and those anime.

Sep 7, 2012 5:44 AM

Sep 13, 2012 7:15 AM

Of course, it cannot be too good of an anime if it doesn't effect you emotionally.
Some animes that made me depressed are:
Claymore.
Naruto.
One Piece.
But by far Guilty Crown, I don't know why but when Hare died that was by far the saddest I have ever been watching an anime.

Sep 13, 2012 8:03 AM

After watching those kind of idealistic shows, it more or less motivates me to make my life more like theirs. This can be good, and bad. Bad in that I can become unrealistic, good in that I might actually do something.

Sep 13, 2012 8:04 AM
Sword Art Online made me want to cut myself, all that crawling

Sep 13, 2012 8:08 AM

Shaduge said:
Sword Art Online made me want to cut myself, all that crawling

Oh god! don't exagerate xD

Sep 13, 2012 8:09 AM

All the loneliness and those departings in Natsume Yuujinchou made me want to test if I´ve got some invisible wings, to jump of a hiiigh mountain, lol.
“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”

Sep 13, 2012 8:18 AM
Sometimes....You've got to be prepared anytime

Sep 13, 2012 9:03 AM

I never felt depressed while watching anime, but sadness is inevitable.

Sep 13, 2012 9:07 AM
Here is an anime I'm creating. It's about a young man who work 4 days a week, goes to school, and plays video games on his off time. The drama in his life consists of bad grades, and bad days at work. There is no girlfriend, or slew or girls waiting for him outside of class. There are no super natural elements, just the story of an ordinary person living an ordinary life. This anime would be a sharp contrast to many animes, and most forms of media. But it would also be boring and would hold no interest because it details something we all experience.

Nobody watches TV to see somebody perform task, or live a life we live. I don't watch football to watch people play a game at similar level to myself. I don't watch jersey shore because I like the characters or relate to them. I watch it because they're so much different then myself which makes it interesting.

What I'm saying is if you become depressed because your life isn't as interesting as those in an anime, then you've lost the point of indulging in media. Everyone wants to be something, to do something, to be interesting, to live this fictional life. But you should try to not let it depress you.

To answer the question anime rarely makes me depressed. Whether it be for the reason you described, or because a character dies or goes through trauma. I don't relate to characters in animes, nor do I identify with them.

What depresses me with anime (and most media, or moments of enjoyment) is when its over. When something I enjoyed is over and that brief reprieve from depression is gone... or when an anime makes me realize something, or helps to confirm what I already know. For example 5cms per second helped to confirm that I live too much in the past.

Sep 13, 2012 11:33 AM
CookieMnster said:
Of course, it cannot be too good of an anime if it doesn't effect you emotionally.
Some animes that made me depressed are:
Claymore.
Naruto.
One Piece.
But by far Guilty Crown, I don't know why but when Hare died that was by far the saddest I have ever been watching an anime.

I hate Guilty Crown but, damn it! I loved Hare. The only good thing about that show. Hare was the only character that brought forth a emotion that wasn't hate.
Modified by Gatchum_Bye-Bye, Sep 13, 2012 11:44 AM

Sep 14, 2012 6:51 AM

I got depressed during Welcome to the NHK. But that was because I could identify with most of the characters, because of that, I was absorbed into the show.
Playstation Network ID - Overlord-Takeshi
Please feel free to talk to me! I love making new friends with the same interests as me!

Sep 14, 2012 6:54 AM

HotdogDragon said:
I got depressed watching Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Madoka took 11 episodes to finally decide to become a magical girl,
she also failed in the end, Mahou Shoujo's just die now, her friends
will still die. Sayaka's future sucked in every time line.
Madoka wished to create a new universe...
Couldn't one of these stupid girls have just wished for Kyuubey to
have all the ENERGY he needed. Why he needed all that energy in
the first place when he can grant ridiculous wishes like this still remains a mystery to me...

I guess I agree with people saying this isnt your ordinary magical girl anime.
Magical Girl Anime : Girl doesn't die and achieves something
Madoka Magica : They die having achieved nothing really.

Cheers for spoiling...

Isnt depression a bit of a strong term for this topic? i think depression is longer term than "a few hours after watching something", maybe just sadness would be a better term for this? :P nor that anyone cares it gets the point across either way >.<
Modified by jimbob1141, Sep 14, 2012 6:59 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Sep 14, 2012 7:01 AM
i only feel depressed when a good anime ends. because i don't know whether i can find another anime as good as that

Sep 14, 2012 7:25 AM

Depressed? No. I think there's a stark difference between depression and sadness. Many anime's have made me really sad feeling, but mostly it's because the anime does such a good job of attaching you to someone then having something tragic happen, or when a characters back story is shown and it completely changes how you feel about this character, simply because you didn't know what had happened to them to make them the way they are. Such as Lucy/Nyu in Elfen Lied, or Joseph (the black/blue amalgam) in Blassreiter.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Sep 14, 2012 10:21 PM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
I hate Guilty Crown but, damn it! I loved Hare. The only good thing about that show. Hare was the only character that brought forth a emotion that wasn't hate.

I loved it! But I have to agree with your point about how Hare was the only character that brought fourth positive emotions.

Sep 14, 2012 11:02 PM
To me, anime is an 'escape' from reality. When I feel down.. or something and watch anime, I feel great again! No matter what genre the anime is. ( Not that I just watch anime to feel happy or something xD)

Sep 14, 2012 11:04 PM
I feel happy watching anime, most of the time. It's an escapism. Sure, a sad scene in the anime may put me down, but that's the same with anything. But I do also have the tendency to compare the protagonist's life with my own, for some reason, and start thinking about that, and that can make me feel happy or sad sometimes, as weird as that sounds...

Sep 15, 2012 12:10 AM

Funny how a lot of people have mentioned Welcome to the NHK. I was struggling with small things in my life and I didn't realize that I was clinically depressed until after watching shows like Welcome to the NHK and Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. Those shows triggered certain feelings and showed me what parts of my life I wasn't happy with and where a quick awakening of sorts. Funny thing is those anime are some of the most powerful for me. Without them I wouldn't be as self aware. Animes has never depressed me it was me who was depressed all along and it was powerful anime shows that made me aware of that. I have leaned to appritiate the many things I do have in spite of such. Life is a learning experience ^-^

Sep 15, 2012 1:53 AM

Sometimes I get a little sad when I watch diferent anime's but that's because I tend to get to into the story while watching it. Because some show's really are made get to your feelings. But to me it's only while I'm watching the show you cand mix real life with virtual...But I watch anime because i like them and make me laugh , happy and excited.

Sep 15, 2012 2:16 AM

While I'm watching one no, but once I finish an anime I do, especially when there's no second season. worst feeling in the world. Until I find another good anime, then it just repeats.

Sep 15, 2012 2:33 AM

i was quite depressed watching 3 episode of SAO, and was really depressed at the end of Code Geass

Sep 15, 2012 12:48 PM
I'm trying to marathon Legend of the Galactic Heroes but it's so depressing.

Sep 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Sad maybe, definitely not depressed. But I'm not that tempted by the slice of life depiction of high school.

Sep 15, 2012 4:05 PM
Kami-sama

Not really , but Clannad After Story really got me sad as fawk

Sep 15, 2012 4:11 PM

Well, "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai" had many sad scenes, especially the end, but it only slightly touched me, nothing much.
Code Geass R2 ending definitely touched me more.
But the first time I saw Steins;Gate episode 23 (or was it 24?), when
it kind of made me get sick.

Feb 7, 2013 1:13 AM
SwordParty said:
I find that with some series, i get sort of depressed while watching, mostly with slice of life, romance etc . Not because the story is sad or anything but because the anime makes my life feel almost "inferior". I see these characters with amazing lives and amazing friends, watching all their laughter, pain, and experiences through a computer screen; it makes me feel like all these things are so far away from me. The worst part about is watching these characters live rich and meaningful lives while i sit in my room accomplishing nothing.

this is so true i get like this after finishing an anime wishing my life was there's i hate it so much but it takes me so long to get over it im sorry to say but im happy im not the only one that feels like this some times

Feb 7, 2013 1:56 AM
I love when an anime has no holes in character development so when something happens to them you can't help but feel sad

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »