3It was OK
5.9%
2Disliked it
5.9%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
17 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2011 5:27 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It addresses the hypocrisy of Mellowlink killing random people but doesn't deal with the actual consequences.

I don't understand why Mellowlink was so intent on killing the intelligence officer other than that he was a jerk.

And how was Captain Schwepps supposed to have been involved in the conspiracy? Wasn't he sent to die with everyone else?

A finale that doesn't make much sense, unfortunately.

Again, maybe the translation is the problem. Hilariously, it managed to mistranslate "Balarant" as "Blackcurrant", so maybe there's other problems.

Not really important but we see the only regular female soldier in the entire VOTOMS franchise so far in this episode.
Sep 17, 2019 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
A war is starting, but Mellowlink's war is over. He's thrown down his anti-AT rifle, and now will perhaps live in peace, along with Lulucy.

This was pretty good. Unlike Votoms, this showed that a man can stand up to an AT, without ever needing an AT to do it.

Sep 2, 2020 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
So ends this journey of a damn great show that I was lucky enough to find out about!

The animation, the art style and action really hooked me. The one downfall is the story. I was following it the best I could, but it just had no pay off and did not make much sense at all. Oh well.
Feb 20, 2021 1:56 PM
Oct 2017
just checked this out after seeing a 'help me find this anime' type post about the series.

I had fun watching it, though the romance was pretty cringy. last episode was kind of confusing because of the translation I think. pretty sure the intel officer was trying to say the original captain was only really interested in his military rank, and that's why he stopped caring after he was demoted to LT - so Mellow was fighting all along for someone that didn't really care about him. the last episode was definitely the weakest of the series!
Mar 12, 2021 5:12 PM

Mar 2016
Revenge is simply uninteresting - it's a loser's fantasy. For the majority of the show we watch the boring Mellow as he kills obviously evil people. There's no real tragedy and no strong emotions as everything is straight-forward, black-and-white. The final episode seems to understand all that, but it doesn't change all that much, as Mellow continues to kill lots of (basically) innocent soldiers after a tiny hiccup. War sucks too btw, so the whole base gets obliterated...I don't think this series is an idea driven one. (Maybe it was my fault for expecting Tekkaman Blade levels of angst)

Cool man vs. mech combat though.
syncrogazerMar 12, 2021 5:27 PM
Apr 12, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2013
I think the first four episodes were pretty decent but after that the show start's to decline in quality and ends up being generic.
Dec 10, 2021 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
I struggled with this one. Got very repetitive early and there were no interesting characters to keep it afloat. Probably my least favourite entry in the Votoms franchise.
"I will transcend God" - Black Star

Oct 31, 2022 1:44 AM
Feb 2022
i picked up the show again to try and properly finish it, i shouldn't have wasted my time tbh. the story is lousy and uninteresting, the pacing is dreary and makes it feel like it's 3 times it's length, and the characters were paper thin. 5/10 overall

More topics from this board

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 11 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 21, 2011

3 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 4 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

6 by Eyth »»
Apr 22, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 6 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 17, 2011

4 by FatChicken9999 »»
Sep 26, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Kikou Ryohei Mellowlink Episode 7 Discussion

_-_Sally_-_ - Sep 16, 2019

2 by qwertybob300 »»
Nov 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Poll: » Armor Hunter Mellowlink Episode 3 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 15, 2011

2 by The_Fylkir »»
Oct 13, 2020 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.