Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2008 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
man, this show has been fun to watch, top to bottom. its funny, i was cheering for the girl, but in the end it turned out that way. in the end its better to be evil. the whole anime is somewhat sidistic at its glory, but that is what you should expect from a show whose leading chars are true outlaws. i cant wait for the third season.
Aug 25, 2008 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
The ending was somewhat anti-climactic, though I found a lot of meaning to Rock watching the girl suicide even when Revy told him not to. The last scenes after the credits were a fairly good way to close it however, since the scene at the airport seemed rushed.

I enjoyed this anime overall, though it didn't really fulfill much of the storyline aspect most series' have, which coincidentally is what most people seem to think are the boring parts that don't need to be there. Hm.
Aug 25, 2008 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
Well the second season isnt the end of the series and the storyline actually unfolds in the 3rd season. That is when things get real interesting and I cant wait for the 3rd season to come out. Great series and a must have for the collection.
Dec 2, 2008 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Third season is going to be awesome ^_^, interesting way to send us off with the 2nd season but I guess I'm getting used to that now, wasn't as much Rock and Revy interaction as I would've liked D:
Jul 6, 2009 2:34 AM

Apr 2009
Cero said:
I liked both seasons, but the ending (like with most anime I'm finding) leaves something to be desired. Before I logged onto MAL I didn't know there was gonna be a 3rd season, so that cheers me up a bit.
The thing I didn't get about the 2nd season was when Revy and the others started speaking English...
"WHAT THE FUCK? BULLSHIT!" I thought I heard it wrong ;-;
Like that made no sense...she spoke English and then says she doesn't understand how to speak Japanese, but does it a few moments later...like what?
Good series all in all :d

It's something called the "Translation Convention." It'd probably be easier for you to understand as a concept if the characters were speaing in English rather than Japanese.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TranslationConvention

It's basically the same concept when you're watching a movie that's set in the past or a different country or a fictional universe, but everyone's speaking English. The audience is supposed to assume that all of the characters onscreen are actually speaking in their native language as opposed to whatever the audience may be perceiving.

So whenever we hear Revy speak Japanese (this is an anime intended for Japanese audiences primarily) we are supposed to assume she's actually speaking something else entirely. (english, chinese, thai, I'm not sure which though).

But yeah, this show was pretty kick-ass.
Aug 26, 2009 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
I hated the random English. I think someone asking, "What is she saying?" or other would have got the point across. I understood the Japanese more than Revy's English pronunciation.
o genki desu ka
Nov 1, 2009 9:57 AM
Apr 2009
Yeah this was one series where I actually preferred the english dub. Nothing wrong with the japanese one, but considering there are many different languages actually being spoken, it made much more sense hearing the accents and references in my native language. The VAs themselves also did good jobs with their characters.
Nov 9, 2009 11:43 AM
Oct 2009
i hope the 3rd season OVAs be more like the 1st season instead of the 2nd season...
Sep 13, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Well, you guys do realize that the characters are actually all supposed to be speaking English, right? Hence, it's revealed the characters are speaking English when Belalakia uses Rock to translate English into Japanese for her

English is currently the world's universal language.

It certainly makes more sense for a black man/russian/American Jew/Chinese-American to be speaking in English.

This anime wasn't totally meant to be dubbed in English. I cringed whenever Engrish was being spoken on the Japanese audio
Sep 26, 2010 4:54 AM
Jul 2010
I really enjoyed watching both seasons of the Black Lagoon. But I agree with earlier posts that the ending was a bit disappointing. I think it left so many questions and so many things unsaid or done. Black Lagoon Roberta's blood trail is the third season right?
Mar 17, 2011 11:22 PM

Aug 2010
Rakosor said:
I really enjoyed watching both seasons of the Black Lagoon. But I agree with earlier posts that the ending was a bit disappointing. I think it left so many questions and so many things unsaid or done. Black Lagoon Roberta's blood trail is the third season right?

I think so. And completely agree with your post, although it wasn't as bad as Season 1's ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

192 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Apr 23, 2009

60 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

95 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 21, 2008

62 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 25, 2008

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.