Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2011 4:31 AM

May 2010
AWESOME, just awesome nothing beats the brutallity of a kid being stabbed in the gut by an cute and crazy girl !!
Nov 22, 2011 4:45 AM

Dec 2010
Minene needs moar screentime I don't know if I can classify the kid as either yandere or yangire. I'll have to say simply ax crazy, since while he did adore Yuno, his obsession with her was blatantly murderous.

Retrospectively, I feel bad for the lad. To a degree that is, since being a diary owner means black and grey morality right off the bat.

But Minene is the only one shining in morals. Ah, Minene. So kind, showing mercy like that.
Nov 22, 2011 7:26 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad the kid is done for, never liked him to begin with. Yuno was great as usual 5/5.
Nov 22, 2011 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
This ep confuses me - though it was good; eventful and interesting featuring one story, it was still a massive cliche...
The dreaded main character law!...
Why do we (the viewer) accept that the story bends around the mains? Many other characters are just as relivant in the plot portrayed, yet we all know that we're only going to see the mains threw to the end, universal order works only in their favour and any competition will be wiped out accordingly.
We have a child genious of Yuno level - clearly, this isn't allowed.
The super out-of-place Yuki comes to the rescue in the nick of time (convenient timing) on the few occasions Yuno drops her gaurd and/or is in genuien peril, as if to prove he does have a place within the series.
Yuno manages to race threw a gas leak merly holding her breath and survives electrocution - a new burst of energy from a single gob full of co2 breath.
All above = not only convenient, but predictable.

Before anyone gets confused:
- I'm not suggesting a main should get bumped off
- I don't disslike the mains (Liked Yuno straight away, Yuki, not so much - typical character type)
- This is no reflection on any character type or story demegraphic connected
- I'm not complaining about the story in general (Battle Roayle portrays a similar story effectively well + I'm not comparing)
- I'm at an age and stage where such events just don't suprise me, plus, I understand the need to maintain fanfare

Dispite all this - 4/5 ep.

Nov 22, 2011 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
From reading the manga, I've always felt that the story is very aware of the concept of a Deus ex Machina. I mean, there's a character called that! That's why the diaries themselves have that concept built into them. The perfectly timed saves typically revolve around people checking their diary and knowing exactly what they need to do or where they need to be and at what times (or what not to do, or where not to be). It feels a little loose at times, but it also easily solves most questions of the perfect timing or how things end so conviently for the main characters.

The good ol' predictability of the main characters making it all the way to the end is still a valid point, but it is watered down somewhat by the idea that it's less about the result and more about how they get there. Things are going to get very complicated before you reach the end of any good story, and I personally think Mirai Nikki is no exception, and that's where the true joy lies here.
Nov 22, 2011 11:28 AM
Aug 2010
Probably the best episode out of the seven ones released so far. I really DID NOT expect that to happen, but anyway I enjoyed this one. Can't wait for Episode 8!
Nov 22, 2011 2:33 PM

Apr 2011
Another awesome episode it never disappoints. I thought it was funny how Yuki ran up and kissed Yuno on the the steps and later she was like I will protect Yuki and stapes that little bastard. Too bad it got censored.
Nov 22, 2011 5:53 PM
Aug 2011
Quite interesting!

I'm still curious why 9th didn't kill when at the end.

(non manga reader)
Nov 22, 2011 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
ShizuoCell said:
Quite interesting!

I'm still curious why 9th didn't kill when at the end.

(non manga reader)

In manga 9th says she wants a more spectacular revenge killing than just letting him die of poison gas--however she also warns him about Yuno and what the inevitable result will be if they make it to the final two. Are there some conflicting emotions there? A bigger question is just what sort of a game 4th is playing by keeping 9th on a string? (I only read the relevant chapter for this arc after watching it, so I really don't know much about what is upcoming in the show.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 22, 2011 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
They skipped the 9th lines like rodac said =( , that was bad.

i hate the murmur thing at the end , it would be ok if we were fine on time , but they kinda have to rush things or skip some cool dialoges.

next arcs gonna be awesome , and from now on it will only improve until the last chapters.
VanisherNov 22, 2011 7:03 PM
Nov 22, 2011 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
I read the manga ahead, and yeah, this was the most boring arc so far.

But still, the anime did a great job adapting it. Gave it a 4/5.

Next episode, Nagisa Kaworu appears! Can't wait!
Nov 22, 2011 8:24 PM
Dec 2009
Vanisher said:
oh by the way , the censor wasnt probably because of gore , it was because of him being a child.

In movies is completly ilegal to show a kid being killed DIRECTLY , maybe is it also ilegal in jap TV

does anyone know of an anime that shows a less than 6 year old being killed?

Well, if I recall correctly, Fate Stay Night - UBW had a scene where a cute loli's heart got ripped out, but...

- it's in a fantasy setting
- Illya is

- Illya is

These elements dampened the impact.
Nov 22, 2011 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
oh by the way , the censor wasnt probably because of gore , it was because of him being a child.

In movies is completly ilegal to show a kid being killed DIRECTLY , maybe is it also ilegal in jap TV

BS there were movies being shown that killed kids but you are right that there are far fewer now with kids being killed directly. Before it was no problem. World got less liberal so go figure why it's like that with new laws.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 22, 2011 9:16 PM

Mar 2011
Yuno! WHY YOU SO COOL?
EdefremNov 23, 2011 11:37 AM
Nov 23, 2011 12:28 AM

Aug 2009
I like how the anime changes some small things which secretly makes the anime version of Yuno way more awesome. When the kid was like "When you have to fight Yuki, what will you do?", Yuno looked incredibly desperate and shocked in the manga but in the anime, she sneakily put up an evil smile.
Dat smile. Yuno is too awesome.
Nov 23, 2011 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Vanisher said:

BS there were movies being shown that killed kids but you are right that there are far fewer now with kids being killed directly. Before it was no problem. World got less liberal so go figure why it's like that with new laws.

by directly i mean they showing the entire kid being killed , you can disimulate it , like show someone about to kill them , change camara , and then the kid dead or something like that is ok.

or well at least an old movie teacher told me it was ilegal for movies.

dene323 said:
Vanisher said:

Well, if I recall correctly, Fate Stay Night - UBW had a scene where a cute loli's heart got ripped out, but...

- it's in a fantasy setting
- Illya is

- Illya is

These elements dampened the impact.

I... dont think she is less that 6 years old in fate stay , it doesnt matter if she's a loli lol.

back to mirai nikki , that's the only explanation i find , i mean , if they just censored it for "gore" it was pretty lame , its just a fucking stabbed knife.
VanisherNov 23, 2011 1:27 AM
Nov 23, 2011 2:44 AM

Oct 2011
i have seen god and it is mirai nikki - this episode was so amazing - it made my whole horrendous day of work and walking in endless rain sheets home seem bearable - that kid was reeeeally creepy!!!
Nov 23, 2011 2:47 AM

Sep 2009
Zfish9 said:
The end surprised me somewhat. Why would 9th save them? I could understand it if it was 4th, but 9th!? She tried to kill them a few episodes ago... I don't see how saving them would help her at all.

*Clearly has not read the manga*
It's because she want revenge on them. Letting them die won't let her have her fair revenge. She said that in the manga but its not in the anime o.o
Nov 23, 2011 2:52 AM

Sep 2011
Well, they also censored the missing eye and the cut off arm, so I would guess, they're pretty much into censoring certain visible wounds and mutilations where more than just blood is visible.
Nov 23, 2011 6:25 AM
Nov 2011
Hm. While I can understand that the 9th saving the 1st and the 2nd might be a tad on the confusing side -- if I remember correctly, there was more to it than just: ''I won't be able to have my revenge on you."

http://3.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/386/03-013.0/compressed/03_196.jpg

It might be that the 4th has some kind of involvement in her making this decision.

As for the censoring, I don't see why everyone finds it such a big deal. Yes, it diminishes the impact, but does it really matter that much? Not to be rude with my first post, but it's almost as if people here are starting to sound like fetishists who are immensely displeased with the fact that they didn't get to see a child stabbed in the chest in a show that isn't even necessarily about shocking people with how controversial they can go by adding a lot of gore and whatnot. I personally am not squeamish when it comes to these kind of things, but if you don't show at least a bit of understanding as to why they did censor it on TV, then you're kind of, well, ignorant.

--

Anyway, hum... I also feel as if people watch this show with a lack of empathy. I can understand not liking Yukiteru, but actually hating him and calling some of his reactions unjustified (such as "HAHA OMG WHAT A PUSSY HAHA SOMEONE'S TRYING TO KILL BY BLOWING UP HIS SCHOOL AND KILLING TONS OF HIS CLASSMATES IN THE PROCESS HAHA WHAT A LOSER LOOK HE'S CRYING FROM FEAR")? I see the same thing with the protagonist 'Ganta' from 'Deadman Wonderland', and it's just... a bit dumb, if you ask me -- viewing the anime in such a fashion. Sure, he's a bit emotionally weak, but that makes him more realistic, relatable and interesting (at least, to me) than anything; the average, introverted teen. If this show had yet another hotblooded or badass (AKA; usually having almost zero personality, and constantly unfazed by everything) protagonist, I would've just not bothered with it.

I mean, I still like Yuno more than I like Yukiteru (for obvious reasons), but I feel as if, without Yukiteru's actually sane and justified reactions to her insanity (such as the ''good night~'' scene), the impact of what she actually does would've been immensely diminished.

That's all just my opinion though. So, yeah.
DiaristNov 23, 2011 6:55 AM
Nov 23, 2011 1:45 PM

May 2011
While it was somewhat enjoyable to watch, I still have to admit the sad fact that the script to this episode is completely retarded. Not that the manga was any better, not much at least. Though the direction went for better after first 2 episodes, 7th episode shows he still isn't the smartest guy. Since the manga is overall actually good, just have to hope the anime is going to be as awesome as the manga was later on.

4/10

My superior opinion ends here. Thanks for reading my awesome words~
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 23, 2011 8:20 PM

Mar 2011
Decent episode. I didn't really like that kid; seemed too unrealistic for a five year old child.
Nov 24, 2011 3:58 AM

Aug 2008
I don't like the kid much but what a horrible way to die.
Nov 24, 2011 4:09 AM

Sep 2010
I'm enjoying this series more and more with each episode!
It could even become one of my all-time favourite anime, but I hope Yukkii will actually become a better character, I don't really like the way he's now >_<
Nov 24, 2011 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
Aru will appear in the next episode. 3l323k,dswqççdqwepdlfewga,w,etahggfhff
Nov 24, 2011 11:26 AM
Dec 2010
im just wondering what did deus watched at the end of episode ? do you know what is the title of that anime did he watched?
Nov 24, 2011 5:54 PM
Oct 2008
Akise Aru, Hinata, and that other girl in next episode looking forward to it very much
Nov 24, 2011 6:22 PM

Nov 2008
It's going pretty good so far.
Nov 24, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2011
Well I am glad that fifth is dead, he was getting really annoying.

Wow at Yuno doing her thing locating the diary, damn shes a goddamn pro stalker. She's got skills, took that shock like a boss as well. Yukki rises in my book every arc, worrying more about Yuno and saving her at critical times. Really loving this anime.
Nov 24, 2011 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
I guess the anime would probably be maybe halfway or just 2/3s through the manga?

Anyway, for those who read the manga, how does it actually end?

Did Yukiteru just (╯°□°)╯︵ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ ? LOL
Nov 24, 2011 9:49 PM

Jun 2010
shinki7 said:
Zfish9 said:
The end surprised me somewhat. Why would 9th save them? I could understand it if it was 4th, but 9th!? She tried to kill them a few episodes ago... I don't see how saving them would help her at all.

*Clearly has not read the manga*
It's because she want revenge on them. Letting them die won't let her have her fair revenge. She said that in the manga but its not in the anime o.o

Ah, thanks. After reading that and a few other posts, chances are next episode It'll start with Yukiteru mentally thinking "9th..." and then it'll show a flashback showing what the last episode left out.
Nov 24, 2011 11:19 PM

Nov 2008
Why didn't Ninth kill both Yuki and Yuno when they were incapacitated? Isn't that the whole point of the series?
Nov 25, 2011 2:50 AM

Feb 2010
Sideshow_Drake said:
Why didn't Ninth kill both Yuki and Yuno when they were incapacitated? Isn't that the whole point of the series?

You could try to read this thread before asking , it has already been answered.
they skipped the reason , it was in the manga , maybe she will say it next episode.
Nov 25, 2011 4:03 AM

Nov 2008
Vanisher said:
Sideshow_Drake said:

they skipped the reason , it was in the manga , maybe she will say it next episode.
Yeah, whatever. With the way the series has progressed thus far, her reason(s) will likely be something a 16-year-olf fanfic writer came up with.
Nov 25, 2011 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
That kid is frickin' scary! That's one twisted type of hide and seek they played there.
I don't really understand why Ninth showed up and save them though.

Nov 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2008
TowardsTheStars said:
Decent episode. I didn't really like that kid; seemed too unrealistic for a five year old child.

That bothered me too.
Nov 25, 2011 2:11 PM
Jun 2008
Went from 8/10 to 9/10 after this episode. Nuff said.
Nov 25, 2011 2:52 PM
Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:
TowardsTheStars said:

That bothered me too.

Hmmm... Well, it didn't bother me all too much, but-- I just like to pretend that Deus was the one who gave him the intelligence in order to be able to do those things; to be able to be an actual threat in the survival game.
Nov 26, 2011 1:32 AM

Mar 2008
Diarist said:
GarLogan78 said:
TowardsTheStars said:

That bothered me too.

Hmmm... Well, it didn't bother me all too much, but-- I just like to pretend that Deus was the one who gave him the intelligence in order to be able to do those things; to be able to be an actual threat in the survival game.

Maybe he was an autistic savant
Nov 26, 2011 5:14 AM
Jul 2009
"Like an elite~!" - Mirai Nikki, for "Like a boss" is sooo old!

This final scene at stairs-yuki kissing yuno dam.n so envy him.
After last words of one eye terrorist girl I finished speechless;]
batonikNov 26, 2011 5:29 AM
xxx
Nov 26, 2011 5:26 AM

Apr 2010
Sideshow_Drake said:
Vanisher said:
Sideshow_Drake said:

Yeah, whatever. With the way the series has progressed thus far, her reason(s) will likely be something a 16-year-olf fanfic writer came up with.

/facepalm
Nov 26, 2011 6:04 AM

Dec 2010
Serduszko said:
"Like an elite~!" - Mirai Nikki, for "Like a boss" is sooo old!

No it isn't. LIKE A GERMAN ELITE! See, its even more awesome. Just add German!

This final scene at stairs-yuki kissing yuno dam.n so envy him.
After last words of one eye terrorist girl I finished speechless;]

Yukkiteru is lucky. Damn lucky. Depends on what kind of 'lucky'....

Also, her name is Minene. If you have any respect for her eyepatch, you'll address her by name. D:<
Nov 26, 2011 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
Really a good episode. This anime is getting better
Nov 26, 2011 2:40 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode probably earned it title for me of “KILLER MOE!” Indeed Reisuke sadly passes through what the worse shit might be for a kid in the following,

While he bled out quite nasty here. While I have to say it was fucking stupid to censor that knife. You really think I don't know what that is? Really? Stupid!

He obviously got stabbed by a dildo and thats why it got censored.
Nov 26, 2011 4:50 PM

Sep 2011
Yuki didn't kiss Yuno for no reason. He did it so he could transfer air over to her, since Yuno had breathed in some of the poisonous gas (from when she got shocked by Reisuke). That's what it says in the manga, but I guess that wasn't pointed out in the anime.
Nov 27, 2011 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
worst episode so far.. oTL
Nov 27, 2011 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
Someone didn't tell the author of the manga that too much tragedy can turn into comedy...which happened in this episode. This anime is a decent time waster though.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 27, 2011 10:33 AM

Aug 2011
CyberPxndx said:
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode probably earned it title for me of “KILLER MOE!” Indeed Reisuke sadly passes through what the worse shit might be for a kid in the following,

While he bled out quite nasty here. While I have to say it was fucking stupid to censor that knife. You really think I don't know what that is? Really? Stupid!

He obviously got stabbed by a dildo and thats why it got censored.

This kid reminded me of Lambo from Hitman Reborn, EXTREMELY anooying.
I'm glad he died.
Nov 28, 2011 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one left wondering how the hell did Reisuke electric shoot her when she was going up the stairs, while the circuits were still out? Well anyway, she was still able to kill him, I guess it was thrown into the mix to add more suspense. So did like...the electricity come back?
Nov 29, 2011 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
I'm just glad Reisuke died. Annoying little fucker.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 29, 2012

159 by Salty_Cookie »»
Today, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 22, 2012

219 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 14, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 16, 2011

363 by Salty_Cookie »»
Apr 3, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2012

680 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 2, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Mirai Nikki (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 11, 2012

264 by Alex16hz »»
Apr 1, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.