Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Zero Episode 8 Discussion

Jan 23, 2015 10:05 AM

RufusLatro said:
HentaiPriest said:
You mean while he was reloading?...

But in episode 3 he needed "about 2 seconds" to reload :(
Dont confuse the Calico with the Contender.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 23, 2015 10:57 AM

RufusLatro said:
But...but...but!
Yes I think you should lol.

Jan 24, 2015 10:05 AM

The preview to this episode made me think Maiya would bite the bullet this episode, and after a while when I thought she was safe, Irisviel was stabbed through the stomach. Good thing that she had the scabbard, though.
But damn! here I thought more people would be interested to put down Caster along with his Master, but no one except Lancer appeared. :(
Kiritsugu learned his lesson though -
don't waste time walking towards a near-death Master while slowly reloading a gun. Reload it immediately and shoot him in the head.

Mar 6, 2015 2:36 PM

The only thing I notice on the screen is Lancer. :3

May 10, 2015 4:45 AM

I thought this series was serious enough to let Iris die here. A bit disappointed since that simply seemed like plot shield at this point.

May 10, 2015 5:06 AM
Gator said:
I thought this series was serious enough to let Iris die here. A bit disappointed since that simply seemed like plot shield at this point.

That is not plot armor.

Aug 15, 2015 10:04 PM
This anime is getting pretty fucking shitty. Every fight thus far has been painfully predictible. It's also way too forgiving. Nothing happens, they just keep using cheap tricks and stop fights for no freaking reason, or have the wounded character vanish just to drag this on way longer than needed. The anime tries to surprise you with something dramatic, but it goes ahead and takes it back in a few second. It's like only the villains are allowed to die. And the supervillains will be left for last.

I can guess from this point (not exactly true, been thinking it from the very first episodes) that the victor of the series will be the one controlling Arthuria or that golden perfect prettyboy crap character. This anime is so forgiving, that i bet the writer of the series would feel bad if Arthuria were to die, or he might just have fallen in love with his biseinen character.

Sep 1, 2015 2:46 PM

Stormen said:
This anime is getting pretty fucking shitty. Every fight thus far has been painfully predictible. It's also way too forgiving.

I fucking agree. A prime example of "plot forgiveness" would be when fucking Saber let Lancer save one of Lancer's masters. Fuck that. Emiya Kiritsugu should have killed that asshole of a master.

Stupid altruistic Saber acting all noble and shit. Weak, Saber cares less about winning and advantages than her own pride. I thought Archer was the one with an independent attribute?
3/5 for episode. Newest low.

Oct 25, 2015 4:34 PM

xcllnt said:
Gator said:

That is not plot armor.

Avalon isn't a Plot Armor or Ass Pull. Anyone that read the V/N would know that as long as Avalon is by King Arthur that the wield of Avalon cannot die. It's part of King Arthurs legend the Sheath of Excalibur makes the wielder Invincible. When you saw them use Avalon as a Catalyst you should have known the Irisveil couldn't die as long as she kept it.

Now to get on topic Great Episode the battle scene's were nice as always along with amazing music. Saber and Lancer teaming up was epic but Saber betraying her master for selfish reasons was b.s to say the least. Kotomine was epic as well no doubt.

5/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]

Jan 29, 2016 12:58 PM

There was some major horse shit in this episode. I understand the whole "honor code" between Saber and Lancer, but someone needs to die already. Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

I get that on episode 8 were only 1/3 of the way through Fate/ Zero but I think it would be fair to kill at least someone at this point. I swear if later on multiple characters die in one episode, I'm going to have a brain aneurysm.

Feb 23, 2016 11:29 PM

Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
but someone needs to die already.

I get that on episode 8 were only 1/3 of the way through Fate/ Zero but I think it would be fair to kill at least someone at this point. I swear if later on multiple characters die in one episode, I'm going to have a brain aneurysm.

Its not a death game. Even then Zero already has way too much focus dying than needed which undermines the point of the franchise

Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

You severely underestimate Kirei's capabilities.

Feb 24, 2016 12:52 AM

Fai said:

You severely underestimate Kirei's capabilities.

I think you completely missed the point of my comment there. I said that the women should have *tried* to do something rather than just standing there, regardless of whether or not they would have successfully defeated Kirei. I was talking about how illogical it is for them to just stand there.

Also, after having seen the rest of the series:

Mar 27, 2016 7:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Natalie made some really nice bullets early on in Kiritsugu's life and they came in handy in this episode. I tend to agree that there needs to be some main characters dying......only the kids seem to be getting killed.

Apr 23, 2016 5:25 PM

[Re-watch | BD version]

Fate/Zero shows me again its greatness. Great battles Servant vs Servant and Master vs Master, hell even a side Magus vs Master.
I gladly spot the song Manten from Kalafina in the battle of Kirei against Iri and Maiya. Very cute and fitting Iris' magic.
But, Kirei physical strength strengthened with magic was too much for that little tree =(

In the anime it's not obvious, but Irisviel does not like Maiya (for reasons you may already suspect) but in this episode she, despite these feelings, fights alongside Maiya to protect her husband.

This is the second time Kayneth escapes from a certain death in hands of Kiritsugu. Oh Saber... your master is angry. I mean, this episode could have ended in different ways but Saber's and Kiritsugu's previous decisions marked a path, and this was the outcome. May Lancer be another Heroic Spirit and Kiritsugu could have died. I mean, Kiritsugu is a killing machine but I do not think he'd be match for a servant, at least to one to one but... Anyway, he could have used a command spell to call Saber. Again, this episode could have turned out in different ways. Kiritsugu's Origin surely is a beast.

This was just another beautifully animated episode.

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

May 16, 2016 1:43 PM

The death surrounds a Master, which one will fall the Lady of the Scythe?

--
La muerte rodea a un Master, ¿sobre cual caerá la Señora de la Guadaña?

Hello, my litte boy!

Jul 26, 2016 7:24 AM

I though that Eizenbern girl died, Kirei is sure a formidable enemy for Kiritsugu.

Sep 8, 2016 10:42 PM

Nice fight!! Irisiviel seems to hold out on her own which is good!!

Kirei is such a powerful enemy, Though Emiya already predicted this well before battle. For such a mage. He really is smart and could have killed Kayneth.

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Oct 16, 2016 5:39 PM

Shit I was ready for the silver haired girl to die.

Behold of my awesomeness~

Nov 20, 2016 8:29 PM

How Kiritsugu finished this Archibald douche was cool. Well, pride comes before a fall.

Saber & Lancer vs Caster and Irisviel & Maya vs Kirei was also nice.

How the monsters dissolved into blood was pretty sick.

Kirei sure is a bastard. He and Kiritsugu are nothing alike.

I'm glad that Irisviel survived.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
I could walk down a highway, find decomposing roadkill and that would be a more refreshing image than your comments - a wise man, 2019

Apr 25, 2017 9:56 PM
Such amazing!!!! The way that Iri used magic too well, too pretty. It was fantastic!

Jan 18, 2018 6:36 AM

Kirei is jealous that Kiritsugu has a harem while he doesn't.

Feb 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Maiya should have shot Kirei Kotomine's ass when she had time

May 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Death flags for both Iri and Maiya. I hope Saber and Iri kiss.

This episode is quite boring. I dunno what happened to Kiritsugu in the past, but it seemed like he was raped by the hospital nurse.

No one dies this episode. Worst episode ever. I would have been happy if Lancer's master or Caster died, but valiant honor and dramatic ending made it impossible.

Kirei is just as much as an asshole as Kiritsugu.

Maiya=worst assassin. Girl just waited there like a deer in headlights instead of fucking killing Kirei.

This sums it up.
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
There was some major horse shit in this episode. I understand the whole "honor code" between Saber and Lancer, but someone needs to die already. Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

Modified by JeremiahOrange, May 2, 2018 4:34 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 15, 2018 11:38 PM

That's 8 episodes down and, correct me if I'm wrong (as I may very well be), but no one has been eliminated yet.

Let's go dadgummit...let's start seeing teams getting wiped out!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 3, 2018 9:57 AM

I really like Rider, he's so carefree...

Now I hope they brutally get rid of Caster and his master asap!

It's dragging out for far too long.

Jan 22, 7:59 AM

Iri was pretty cool in this one, even if she almost died, good thing Kiritsugo used the Avalon tactic, as he will later do with Emiya wow.

Kirei beat up two chicks, Lancer's master almost died from Kiritsugo's special bullets, and Caster had his noble phantasm book damaged. Yeah, pretty fun overall.

May 2, 2:18 AM

they should have tag teamed him, but that wouldnt be anime enough I guess
and because of that he stabbed Iris! glad she is alright though

battles are very nice so far
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jun 12, 8:51 AM

It's pretty ironic when the Servants are working together whilst the Masters are slaughtering each other.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Aug 1, 10:33 AM

What the hell kind of hax is Kirei using wasn't expecting that damn.
I was ready to be sad when Iri got stabbed and Maiya roughed like that but glad they survived.
Kiritsugu sure won't be happy with that outcome eh.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]