Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2017
That Tanabe punch to Colin felt so cathartic, I loved every bit of that. The way she acted after that punch felt like she wanted to do that for ages after seeing a Hollywood film not gonna lie.
May 2, 2021 1:42 AM

Nov 2017
Struggling to imagine finishing this. So many people have up-talked this show for years, longer, decades, and it really sucks. Poor generic characters, bad character design except the main girl. The color scheme is the worst I've ever encountered in an anime outside of the 80's. Cliched. Dumb, nothing happens.

Maybe it gets better like Ergo Proxy, but this series seems like a huge mistake so far. The boy main is awful, constantly getting angry about everything. Smoker chick, office flunkies, and their work room is totally unimaginative. The series just flays the eyes with how boring it is. How can I possibly continue?

I always thought it was an epic sci-fi show. It's slice of life in space. Goodness it's bad.
May 29, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2016
God why does this show need to be extreme to make its ideas come across. Does so little and has to be so manichaean to do it. I don't get it.
Tanabe is still inconsequent but as always her actions are covered up. Hoshino calling her by her name wasn't impactful or meaningful, he just liked her being inconsequent cuz he "didn't have the balls" to express himself (I guess he is racional enough).

Everything is pretty direct and actually not good so far
guijclMay 29, 2021 9:03 AM
Nov 14, 2021 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Tanabe gained some points. Fee was also great. A bit of a shame Debris Section didn't send Colin on a solo trip through space, tho. Accidents happen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 13, 2021 10:17 AM

Dec 2007
gotta love the character realationship in this anime, it's getting better with each episode.

though i wanna know more on that yuri guy.
Dec 30, 2021 9:54 AM
Nov 2020
and we all learned a valuable lesson. punch your problems in the face.
Apr 27, 2023 12:08 PM

Nov 2021
that punch and the way that rich kid got treated afterwards was so satisfactory!
looks like I've finally started to like this anime...
Sep 8, 2023 10:06 PM
Aug 2023
This episode was just weird, it's like they did a role reversal with Tanabe and Hoshino. Tanabe is the more likely one to be all idealistic to mouth off at the rich kid for using his dad's influence like that. It was bizarre that Tanabe was instead "the voice of reason" stopping Hoshino, after she was flipping out the last episode about to throw the dead astronaut's body into the Earth. Hoshino seem to be the more likely one to bite his tongue to try and save his job, then punching the kid when it couldn't take it anymore. Sure, Hoshino doesn't see the pride in what he does, but he's the more rational one who does his job while griping about it. Tanabe is the irresponsible one who doesn't do her job, and whines about stuff she disagrees with.

So far I'm not liking this anime, it's not focusing on the science, problem solving, nor an over arcing plot so far. It seems to be instead focusing on the characters, but the characters are pretty weak and not that likeable. Tanabe is atrocious last episode, Hoshino is getting worse with this episode, and the chief and manager characters are coming off one-dimensional.
Dec 28, 2023 8:43 AM
Jul 2017
just bad writing and bland anime
Mar 25, 10:25 AM

Dec 2022
Tanabe gets away with everything, doesn't she? Even assault on the chairman's son can be smoothed over, somehow.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetes Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

189 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 22 Discussion

seita - Aug 28, 2008

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.