Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2011 10:10 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Is she really from Edolas? Grand magic fight battle, typical shounen tournament.
Nov 18, 2011 11:17 PM
Jun 2010
3 months to power up huh. i'm gonna have a guess Natsu will learn to use the fire lightning combination since he can't use it very well atm. be amazing to see him master that \:D/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 18, 2011 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
lol We know what the Master is really going for, and it's not the #1 title.

I'm interested in seeing what new abilities Wendy learns.

I can totally see Gajeel and Natsu training together like Goku and Vegeta to be the strongest dragon slayers possible. Maybe during the three months they'll even come across the other two dragon slayers.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 18, 2011 11:56 PM

Dec 2009
Did anyone QC this week? The grammar and syntax was a bit weird. =\
Nov 18, 2011 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
zzz... I knew that the story would just continue like this. I am still not used to the 7 year time skip. Besides, now Marakov is 7 years younger than Porlyusica. o.0 And Edo/human Igneel and Metallica should be somewhere around too. Everything is just messed up.
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 18, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
hehe Makarov wants money so bad XD and if it's not fighting tournament what it would be ?
Nov 19, 2011 12:17 AM

Dec 2009
Edo-Grandine? this explains why Porlyuska and Mystogan seem to have know each other
Nov 19, 2011 12:24 AM

Oct 2010
7 years of training for everybody else and FT do 3 months. If they win or even make it to semi finals its bullshit. Of course i dont know the rules yet but Natsu is 2 stupid to know anything other then fighting. Well i hope they lose in their very 1st match.

I dont buy Grandine story. Why the hell was she shocked 2 see Wendy. Then again she probably knew Edo's Wendy when she was younger and look exactly like her. I guess the other dragons got human forums 2.
Nov 19, 2011 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
Because it's the first time she saw Wendy.
Look at what she said : it's from decades she was in the human world and not Edolas.
The Wendy Edolwas was not that old.
Nov 19, 2011 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
Well, we all know the real reason for the timeskip now. An excuse for a tournament with a lot on the line without it seeming too much like a retcon.
Either way, tournaments can be tons of fun in shounen like Fairy Tail, so I can't really complain.

So I guess dragons can't turn into humans after all. Hrmm... Lucy's mum being an Edolas-dragon wouldn't work really work.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Nov 19, 2011 2:53 AM

Mar 2009
Porlyusica wasn't Edolas Dragon. She was human there named Grandine. She fell into earthland and made contact through magic with Earthland Dragon Grandine. Dragon Grandine wish was for Porlyusica (couldn't she choose a more simple name? D:) to scribe some magic for Wendy. That is how I see it.
It would seem that Wendy was far too young for Grandine to teach her all the Dragon magic's.

Imagine if once Wendy gains her new powers She would age for 7 years. Learn well Wendy and stay flat loli!!!!!

Edolas comes to the picture once more. Was it ever explained as to how Edolas king knew about Dragon Slayers? Did they found about them using Anima?
Nov 19, 2011 3:10 AM

Dec 2010
Oh didn't see that coming
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Nov 19, 2011 3:24 AM

Dec 2007
Spoiler: Tournament's final battle is Natsu vs whoever places himself (no way in hell it's herself) as evil mastermind.
undead_blopaNov 19, 2011 3:33 AM
Nov 19, 2011 4:18 AM

Nov 2010
*reads chapter*
*sighs*
*looks mournfully at earlier chapters*
*sighs*

*rinse and repeat for the next how many weeks?*
Nov 19, 2011 4:34 AM

Feb 2010
"Grand Magic Games" i really looking forward to it can wait for all the new techniques we will see in that tournament.
Nov 19, 2011 5:22 AM

Nov 2008
The tournament looks good, I was hoping some kind of arc releated with the dragon but well, we still have to wait.
Nov 19, 2011 5:31 AM
Mar 2011
so I'm wondering how Gajeel is gonna power himself up
I mean Natsu has the fire-lightning dragon slayer magic and Wendy now has those 2 new wind magics
so I'm wondering if Gajeel will also get something new........
Nov 19, 2011 5:32 AM

Sep 2009
So were getting a training arc after all.

icegenie said:
o.0 And Edo/human Igneel and Metallica should be somewhere around too. Everything is just messed up.
What says that they must be in Earthland? They could have very well stayed in Edolas.
Nov 19, 2011 5:46 AM

Mar 2008
Training + Tournament. It doesn't get much more shounen than that.
Nov 19, 2011 6:03 AM

Dec 2009
bonifide said:
7 years of training for everybody else and FT do 3 months. If they win or even make it to semi finals its bullshit. Of course i dont know the rules yet but Natsu is 2 stupid to know anything other then fighting. Well i hope they lose in their very 1st match.

It wouldn't be very shounen without quick power-ups in a training arc and losing/winning at the finals.
Nov 19, 2011 6:13 AM

May 2009
m4rc0 said:
Training + Tournament. It doesn't get much more shounen than that.
I'm looking forward to it though. It'll be fun.
Nov 19, 2011 6:42 AM

Feb 2010
Lahis said:
icegenie said:
o.0 And Edo/human Igneel and Metallica should be somewhere around too. Everything is just messed up.
What says that they must be in Earthland? They could have very well stayed in Edolas.

Simple. Edolas is closed forever. The gateway to Edolas, Anima, is powered by magic and if you remember correctly, there is no more magic left in Edolas. Why would the author put 2 characters in a location that is unreachable?
Nov 19, 2011 8:04 AM

Sep 2009
icegenie said:
Lahis said:
icegenie said:

Simple. Edolas is closed forever. The gateway to Edolas, Anima, is powered by magic and if you remember correctly, there is no more magic left in Edolas. Why would the author put 2 characters in a location that is unreachable?
Who says we need to have Edo Igneel and Metalicana?
Nov 19, 2011 8:39 AM
Oct 2011
Why are people complaining about 3 months of power up training vs 7 years of training for the others?

In DBZ goku, gohan, vegeta, and teen trunks went into the hyperbolic time chamber for 2 days and got two years of training so what difference does that make?

AND THEN kid trunks and goten went into the chamber for approximately a week and learned all 3 of the super saiyan transformations to fight buu.

so really 3 months is actually a considerable amount compared to the shorter times of training of other shounens
Nov 19, 2011 10:20 AM
May 2011
I can't wait ;D for this arc to kick in. The whole Grand Magic Games sounds like the Greek Olympics or something. That's the initial thought I had received from when I first saw the station especially from the statues that gave off a huge Greek feeling for me.

I also loved the shot of Grandeeney and little wendy :), and I also can't wait to see Wendy in action with her new moves.
ban1o.jpg
Nov 19, 2011 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
lets give this crappy manga another chance with this arc :)
the details on that double page were awesome..
Nov 19, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
macx12 said:
Why are people complaining about 3 months of power up training vs 7 years of training for the others?

In DBZ goku, gohan, vegeta, and teen trunks went into the hyperbolic time chamber for 2 days and got two years of training so what difference does that make?

AND THEN kid trunks and goten went into the chamber for approximately a week and learned all 3 of the super saiyan transformations to fight buu.

so really 3 months is actually a considerable amount compared to the shorter times of training of other shounens

LOL this got nothing to do with DBZ and it was called hyperbolic time chamber for a reason.

Either way i hope they lose horrible but like always FT never lose. I just hope Makarov son's Ivans guild beat the crap out of FT. I wouldnt complain if FT loses for once but they dont.

Hell i hope that crazy black dragon ruin the tournament so i can LMFAO.
Nov 19, 2011 5:26 PM

May 2011
Fairy Tail only needs 3 months training. They are supposed to have more potential than other mages, they don't need 7 years.

I really hope Jellal and Ultear make an appearance at the colliseum. LAXUS should fodderslap most mages anyways.
Nov 19, 2011 5:32 PM
Nov 2010
I'm hoping we get at least a few chapters of them training and not a "3 months later" in the next chapter.
Nov 19, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2009
wow! i thought that the next arc would be related to the dragons but
this one is so good too! though i'm really waiting for the dragon's arc..XDD

this tournament thinggy would be like in flame of recca or in ghost fighter
so i would really love it for sure!! ^^
Nov 19, 2011 10:48 PM

Feb 2010
Lahis said:
icegenie said:
Lahis said:
icegenie said:

Who says we need to have Edo Igneel and Metalicana?

Then why did he introduce Edo-Grandeeney? Dont you think it would be unfair that only Wendy got to meet the Edo-version of her parent?
Nov 20, 2011 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
So, I'm all prepared for Fairy Tail to be no.1 again after this arc. You guys should be prepared too cuz that's just how Mashima does things. Fairy Tail will never lose.
Nov 20, 2011 2:39 AM

Apr 2011
So Porlyusica is Edo-Grandine...Nice
And we are going to have a tournament I can't wait to see that :)
I wonder how they will make teams with each other...
And we now know why Makarov wants to participate (LOL)
Nov 20, 2011 12:15 PM

Jan 2008
Ah tournament arcs, I love them.
Nov 20, 2011 2:01 PM

May 2011
Of course there's a tournament. Right after the whole S-level tournament-thing, too. Figures. -.-

I thought it was bad to look for quick cheats, especially in training and the like. Yet there they go, asking for steroids. And then they all want an immediate way to be #1. I swear, kids these days...

I can't wait to see Wendy's new powers. She was always the defensive, healing type. It's nice that she's getting some super-awesome offensive stuff. I wanna see her in a serious battle. ^_^
Nov 20, 2011 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
This is gonna be fun. I want to see new powerful mages and good fights !
Nov 20, 2011 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
I love tourneys no matter how typical shounen they are
but i'm still upset about the whole seven year time skip- what was the point
This manga is a typical shounen. I mean I could clearly see that from the beginning
Perhaps they'll lose or something
it'd be nice if there was some kind of twist
Nov 20, 2011 8:21 PM

Nov 2009
A competition... hu.
Nov 21, 2011 2:32 PM

Aug 2011
...cool....
Nov 21, 2011 8:04 PM

Sep 2007
Of course. It ain't a shounen manga if it didn't have some type of tournament in it, much less two of them.
Nov 22, 2011 7:23 AM

Jul 2009
Tenkaichi budokai much?
Nov 22, 2011 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
Lahis said:
So were getting a training arc after all.

icegenie said:

AHAHHAHAHAH YES
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2011 4:20 AM
Apr 2011
Amaya-no-Hime said:

So I guess dragons can't turn into humans after all.dragon wouldn't work really work.

true but what i don't get is how natsu can use lightning attacks without eating / absorbing it... sorta makes me think that hes special in someway or maybe it could be some other connection to the "dragons" i mean there are so many theorys on it that id rather not add another but i sorta get the vibe that maybe natsu is much older than we think maybe due to curcumstances he was forced into a dorment state / the body of a baby and lost all memory of hes "past life" so to speak and igneel was given the task to bring natsu up as a dragon slayer :/ but that leaves holes in why the other dragons disapeared 7years ago well 14 now. (that also would cover how zeref knew natsu while he didn't even recognise zeref) :/ Best get back on topic i get the feeling that its not going to be a fighting competition but if it is it will have some sort of twist. i am exited about how the world has changed in these past 7 years + in these 3 months how they all power up wendy has new spells given to her by grandine ect also what sorta stuff will natsu come up with since we know he can use lightning i wonder if he can use the black flames although there was no hint towards this.
reallybigshrimpNov 23, 2011 4:23 AM
Nov 23, 2011 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
reallybigshrimp said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:

So I guess dragons can't turn into humans after all.dragon wouldn't work really work.

true but what i don't get is how natsu can use lightning attacks without eating / absorbing it... sorta makes me think that hes special in someway or maybe it could be some other connection to the "dragons" i mean there are so many theorys on it that id rather not add another but i sorta get the vibe that maybe natsu is much older than we think maybe due to curcumstances he was forced into a dorment state / the body of a baby and lost all memory of hes "past life" so to speak and igneel was given the task to bring natsu up as a dragon slayer :/ but that leaves holes in why the other dragons disapeared 7years ago well 14 now. (that also would cover how zeref knew natsu while he didn't even recognise zeref) :/ Best get back on topic i get the feeling that its not going to be a fighting competition but if it is it will have some sort of twist. i am exited about how the world has changed in these past 7 years + in these 3 months how they all power up wendy has new spells given to her by grandine ect also what sorta stuff will natsu come up with since we know he can use lightning i wonder if he can use the black flames although there was no hint towards this.

Those Black Flames he absorbed back then when he emptied himself might have changed him in some way. Maybe eating Aetherion back in the tower arc created lacryma in his body so now he can store / release random types of magic.

Aetherion eating and the feat he pulled fighting Zancrow might have let him go step higher. After Zancrow he got powered up with Laxus lightning (he is human with lightning lacryma - fake dragon slayer). Something clicked and now he can use lightning magic. Since the world is primitive for the most part other than secret evil organizations there is no way to open Natsu and see how he looks inside / what aetherion did to him. We only know he got sick for a few days.
Dec 1, 2011 8:44 AM

Mar 2011
Yeah, just so we can remind ourselves of everyones power level after the time skip, lets have a tournament!

Woooooooo!

Well, actually I am looking forward to it now!
Dec 2, 2011 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
Not typical for me, I think this is the 1st here in FT series, and 30m jewels for Master!!
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 4, 2011 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
...Somehow made me think of Naruto's Chuunin Exams >_>
Oct 5, 2012 8:09 PM

Nov 2011
Oh yes, Fairy Tail for #1 in the games. Kick some asses, guys :>
Oct 14, 2012 2:42 AM

May 2012
they brought back edolas o.o
didnt see that coming
anyway this tournament thing sounds fun :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, Porlyusica is Edo Grandine.
A magic tournament!
Lol, Makarov only cares about the money.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.