Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2011 9:08 PM

May 2011
Shana in that red dress sooo cute ♥.

Next episode is when the war begins, its going to be intense. I can't wait! Yoshida being annoying but can't help it, she's going to be a part of this fight.
Nov 20, 2011 9:32 PM

Sep 2008
AirStyles said:
Nice speech.

I don't get the prince's story... Why the monster loved him, and why he loved the monster?

I'm guessing because they were the only ones who actually "knew" each other? :/ That's just what I got from it haha.
Nov 20, 2011 11:22 PM
Oct 2010
AirStyles said:
Nice speech.

I don't get the prince's story... Why the monster loved him, and why he loved the monster?
It's because the prince is S and the monster is M. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 21, 2011 1:15 AM

May 2011
Wait Wait! Can someone please explain to me the Prince and the Monster story. Is it like a foreshadowing of the events to come? Like how Yuuji tries to become the protectorate but then "dies"/disappears as he is consumed by the Monster (snake of the festival*). And then in the end when they are seperated (when the snake of the festival gets his body back*) Yuuji tries to get stronger to kill it. And in the end they both die? Or is this a parallel analogy of Shana and Yuuji, and they're just trying to tell us that love is the strongest feeling/power on Earth and that at the end of the season Shana+Yuuji will most likely die together due to their love for each other. (Something like Romeo and Juliet*) xD

Nov 22, 2011 8:02 AM
Jun 2011
Deathtoy25 said:
Wait Wait! Can someone please explain to me the Prince and the Monster story. Is it like a foreshadowing of the events to come? Like how Yuuji tries to become the protectorate but then "dies"/disappears as he is consumed by the Monster (snake of the festival*). And then in the end when they are seperated (when the snake of the festival gets his body back*) Yuuji tries to get stronger to kill it. And in the end they both die? Or is this a parallel analogy of Shana and Yuuji, and they're just trying to tell us that love is the strongest feeling/power on Earth and that at the end of the season Shana+Yuuji will most likely die together due to their love for each other. (Something like Romeo and Juliet*) xD
None of the above. That was the story of how Khamsin (the one telling the story) became a Flame Haze.
Nov 24, 2011 3:59 AM

Sep 2010
Hecate was being cute this episode.

Finally a development that's really exciting, hopefully the real show will start next weeks, all episodes until now were some kind of prologue.
Nov 25, 2011 11:55 PM

Sep 2008
Next episode is probably going to be awesome. About time the build-up ends.
Dec 3, 2011 3:45 AM

Apr 2009
Great, I liked this episode. Epic rallying speech by Yuji. The prevailing mood is absolutely brimming with tension for the upcoming war. When it begins, the Flame Haze will be at a disadvantage without one of their strongest on their side. From the preview, apparently, the Tendou-kyu was not completely destroyed as I thought it was from season 1, but in ruins located under some kind of sea. Perhaps I do need to rewatch it, though. Or find a way to read the novels instead.
Dec 6, 2011 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Shana in that red dress made up for a mostly bland set of episodes up to this point. Not to say I don't appreciate the set up, I desperately needed it. And now it seems that things are ALMOST set up perfectly for Shana's rescue. Too bad Yuji wasn't fool enough to leave Alastor hanging on a wall somewhere.

Dec 11, 2011 3:44 PM

Mar 2010
Good pre-climax episode, clearly this episode was just a set up for the next episode where everything really takes place. As for this episode, I enjoyed it in a few different ways. It was equally seen through a lot of different perspectives from different characters and showed some of their different morals. I liked the analogy from Khamsim with that story and all. Very touching. Looking forward to the next!
Mar 20, 2012 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
Shana in that dress<3

Oh and it was so funny when both Yuji and Shana frowned at each other with that baby face. So adorable! ^-^
May 10, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 2008
I understood why Shana is kept alive and the story between the prince and the monster.

However, I had to rewatch that few minutes with the old guy and the insignia concepts which I still did not understand. Tyrant 1? Tyrant 2? Wat.

And I almost lol'd when Yuji said "I'll go all the way" or something. My god the sexual innuendo in this one.
Jun 17, 2012 11:06 AM

Jul 2007
So the god of creation's ambition is finally starting to take root, he opens up the god gate and declares the star of war with all of his subordinates. It looks like the rest of the seaon is going to be just full of action between the flame haze and the tomagara.

I liked how yuji's inner self protected shana from Hacate. It seems they are trying to illiminate shana because they think their commander still has a soft spot for shana because of the mystes yuji residing within him.

On another note, shana is awesome in that new dress. I just hope shana comes to her sences and starts to take action. She feels so helpless and weak.

Thier are some things i did not quite understand, could some one clarify?

First what was the whole story that Khamsin told to Kasume and how does that relate to the houku she holds that phelis gave her. Also what did Lamias discover when taking bout the different spell restrictions and the one that was placed inside yuji and how it was fuzed some how.I am kind of confused bout that whole thing.

Anyways next episode is the outbreak of war, can't wait.
ArtimesGamerJun 17, 2012 11:12 AM

Aug 13, 2012 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
Next week looks great!

I love Shana, I want that stupid Hougu to come off of her so she can be flame-haired again.

And I still want to know what Yuji is getting out of this deal.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Dec 22, 2012 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
What it confuses me the most on this season is Sakai Yuji's ulterior motive.

Mar 20, 2013 5:03 AM

Sep 2012
opiumJ said:
Next week looks great!

I love Shana, I want that stupid Hougu to come off of her so she can be flame-haired again.

And I still want to know what Yuji is getting out of this deal.

did u not hear what Yuji say'd, he wants to change Flamehases fate, so they could be free from battle, they only fight & ton't have their own life, Snake God's plan will make both sides happy, MC & them, not saying much but MC'S & Snake God's intention is peace, to end the battle, in other words chnge the world, but before that there must be war, cause that flamehases side will never listen to them, so they have no choice but to use force
Sugram22Sep 28, 2017 3:59 AM
Aug 9, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2013
Nice episode Super Action next episode. and shana looks awesome on that dress
Dec 6, 2013 4:50 AM
Mar 2013
Shana was gorgeous! She really does make a great match with Yuji. I can imagine them dancing in a ballroom floor ^_^

Also for some reason Shana in that dress reminds of Victorique from Gosick. Maybe it's the frills.
Apr 5, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hecate failed so much on that one.

I was pretty sure Yoshida would meet the little boy when it said in the preview that she would have an unexpected encounter. It was the only possible option.

I still can't see what Yuuji can benefit by associating with the Snake of Festival. I mean, yeah, he get the benefit of being alive which isn't nothing, but when the Snake of Festival will have retrieved his original body, he won't need Yuuji, even if he told Shana so.

Yuuji/Snake make some of the most creepy face xD
It's that evil grin that make it x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 6, 2014 4:38 AM

Mar 2013
Meddigo said:
game8910 said:
YOU GUYS WANTED ACTION!? WELL YOU WILL FINALLY GET IT NEXT WEEK.

I'm going to guess it's Wilhelmina/Rebecca beating up on the Tomogara throwaways that were merely introduced this season so they could get beat up. Where the fuck were all these countless Tomogara when Wilhelmina and Shana went to go get Yuuji as he was held captive so Hecate could do her mind melding stuff so Bal Masque could create infinite power of existance? The only people that were guarding Seireiden at that point were the Trinity and the Professor with his crazy robots. And now I'm expected to believe there are a huge swarm of Tomogara just sitting there defending? Holy shit did this author ever fuck up immensely. I knew the third season couldn't possibly live up to the first season, but this has just been dreadful.

The "action" that will occur next episode(s) will be meaningless. The Trinity for some reason (?) went with Snake of the Festival through the portal. So who gives a shit about fighting. It's obvious that is the only way the author could think of for Shana to get rescued. Man, no wonder the Shana fans in Japan are not pre-ordering this series. They probably knew it would be terrible from having read the light novels.

So true, this is a huge flaw in an already deeply flawed series. Anyone that gives Season 3 a high rating should have a good answer to these points. As there is no valid answer there is no justification for this to get a high score.

Oh and the lackluster excuse of the battle of Sereiden in season 1 being anime original is not a defense for the anime. While that would be an adequate defense for the LN, it still doesn't answer the question for the anime. As such either season 1 should be low rated, or season 3 (both is a valid option, this anime series does not deserve nearly an 8 by any stretch of the imagination) unless there is some as of yet unknown imaginary satisfactory answer.
SlickDApr 6, 2014 4:42 AM
Jun 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
what you got? what you what? What yyou need`? gonna be your saviour
Oct 15, 2014 2:31 AM

Jan 2008
Shana in that dress though.
Feb 24, 2015 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was great, and I loved that sotry about the prince and the beast. Also the speech was epic :D
Jun 13, 2017 5:55 PM

Nov 2016
That speech ! Yuji became quite charismatic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
The series doesn't really work anymore, right, everything is crumbling to pieces and there is too many layers added already, too many characters hardly developed and given their time, it just feels like the wanted to be epic yet doesn't understand that epicness comes from viewer caring about their characters...

Yuuji... he's jackass now, I can't hate him more now (and it's really annoying Shana still sees something in him - well, she may be naive but I would be really angry if they end together after all what he has done). Shana still may love him but as of now he's just using her on false premise of loving her (rather wanting her).

Yoshida... is no longer relevant.. random character from the past appears as deus ex machina, telling the story that should be probably related to Yuuji and her, except that it didn't work. Yoshida already decided she wants to live and she contradicts herself by still keeping that cross that could kill her anytime she use it. If she is meant to kill Yuuji in the end then fine but I doubt thing like that will happen. Whole thing around the cross was badly communicated and explained from the beginning and even now I simply can't grasp the concept of its workings.

Alastor... I would undestand if Yuuji wore his amuled on himself simply to deny Shana invoking the Heavenly Fire because that would destroy the body she cares about but that opening Yuuji speech when he 'saved' her was incomprehensible mess that lacked any logic. Tenpa Jyousai nonse or whatever.

And I don't even care about what professor is making this time anyome, Tyrant-2 shit or not, by now Yuuji turn into ultimate grail to anything and everything and I pretty much hate how they always add new elements to the story, never caring to tie all loose end of previous ones.

The series was much believable and better when there was only Reiji Maigo in him... They added too many elements already in the S3 and I don't feel it clicks together at all.

Nov 23, 2020 10:26 AM

Jun 2017
I see Seirei no Hebi's plan but no idea how Yuji's plans fit there. Yuji feels a bit aggressive even when he speaks as himself. He keeps Alastor with him all the time for some reason. Maybe Alastor is needed for his plans.

Nice to see Khamsin after a long time.
Feb 16, 2022 12:15 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, Shana looks gorgeous on that outfit.

Hmm, I really wonder if that is still Yuuji at this point. I think it's an entirely new persona with some piece of Yuuji's here and there and mostly dominated by the creator God.
Feb 9, 2023 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Yuji/Snake's speech was great. It was also the first time that the "Le Serpent de Ceremonie" track played, which is one of the best anime music tracks of all time.

I'm confused by some comments' confusion on Yuji's goals and plans. They've already been established. The "creation of a new world where Tomogara are free" helps Snake's ambitions (Tomogara won't get hunted anymore) AND Yuji's goals (Flame Hazes, and by extension Shana, will be free from their fate of keeping the balance of the world. They won't have the need to fight, risk their lives and die on the battlefield anymore). Both Yuji and Snake benefit from the plan.
For those questioning whether Snake would get rid of Yuji after the goal is complete, Yuji is still the one in possession of the Reiji Maigo. Snake would get back to his original body, while Yuji keeps his + the Reiji Maigo. It's a win-win situation.
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
Couldn't follow plot, turned of brain, fell asleep...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.