Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aria Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 29, 2014 5:42 AM

Cutesy episode. I was fine with the filler material, because it's not impeding anything.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.

Sep 7, 2014 5:30 PM

IT'S OVER!
Terrible. I am embarassed I watched this.
This fat bulldog needs to be removed, it spoils the series. Or at least why can't it look like a normal cat? Like Aika's cat?
1/5 it wasn't even trying. I hope there won't be similar episodes.

Dec 2, 2014 6:29 PM

In the previous episodes President Aria seemed to me to be one of the few weak elements of Aria: The Animation, but in this episode he redeems himself.

His bungled attempt at running away was endearing, but the second half where he is the superhero trying to return the little girl's lost doll was even better. I like how he just left the doll on the doorstep and did not take credit for returning Ken. Let the little girl believe that Ken came back on his own or that God returned him.

President, you are a good egg.

Dec 7, 2014 9:33 AM

I am not fond of President Aria so this has been my least fav. episode so far, still good I guess. Such a annoying 'cat' tho.

Feb 19, 2015 6:59 AM
Oh my that was a realy cute episode, with the presedint playing as a hero. In the end he became truely a hero for that girl atleast.

Feb 28, 2015 9:13 PM
Dang, people really didn't like this episode. I thought the episode was well-done or at least on par with the quality Aria delivers.

I'll admit that the design of President Aria as a cat character was a bit hard to adjust to throughout the series so far because his entire head was gigantic, his eyes have no pupils, his VA voicing it can make the sounds annoying, etc. So I could see people would really dislike the character and the whole episode in general.

Anyways, onto my own thoughts, I thought the change of structure in this episode was surprisingly good. Glad the episode was split in two, I don't think it would've worked to stretch one scenario for an entire episode. To be honest, when I heard the remixed version of the ED near the end of the first half, I checked to see if the episode was over. If it was, then I would've been pissed since it felt way too early to finish.

Another surprise is seeing President Aria getting character development, after someone mentioned that cats are intelligent as humans in the manga is when I could get why there's a focus on him here.

Watching President Aria's dramatic meltdown in the first half was a bit sad to watch. To me, it seemed like that he wanted to be loved by Alicia and Akari by being somebody useful to them or somebody important enough to be acknowledged as an equal. After his amusing failures and giving up to run away from home, I think the cat probably thought that the public around him would be able to fill in that void that he wanted but that wasn't the case as everybody amusingly didn't do that. What probably hit hard for him was seeing a peer(President Hime) who he thought would've understood his feelings to already have something that he longed for. Glad it was all well resolved at the end.

I think the message of that first half was that even if you feel like you're not wanted by those you love, it's actually quite the opposite since they'll love you no matter what.

For that second half, seeing President Aria dressing up as a hero had to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen from this series... but in a good way. His antics as a hero was quite amusing for the entire episode, it was dramatized for good comedy. What I liked about the ending for this scenario was that it served as a reminder for me that even though you won't directly get a thanks for a task you put your heart into, some people will be grateful for the courtesy that you did for them.

Such simple lessons simply forgotten in the complicated game called life.

Apr 25, 2015 10:11 PM

Wow that sucked.

Apr 27, 2015 8:26 AM

Worst episode so far of Aria.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 21, 2015 4:00 PM

I get the appeal of cute animal mascots but I hate them. President Aria immediately ruins any scene for me when he makes his noises. A whole episode dedicated to him was hard to watch.

May 24, 2015 6:24 AM

Wow, how could people hate President Aria? And some want him to be removed from the show? Why is this show called Aria at all if that's the case? Might as well call it Alicia the Animation or something

Anyway, I appreciate this cute episode. We need more adorable cats like him

May 25, 2015 6:18 AM

Oh God I just died of moe overdose when Akari went "awa wawa awawah" while chasing those hoops and balls XD

I've always thought those company presidents are fascinating, especially with their intelligence. Poor Aria sacho has no chance with Hime sacho though XD
Modified by MoeGod, May 25, 2015 6:21 AM

Jun 22, 2015 10:06 AM

Tbh I loved this episode, it was very relaxing and I like president Aria.

Jul 31, 2015 5:14 AM

I hate this piece of cat sh*t. He's destroying whole show for me..

Sep 11, 2015 6:54 PM

My least favorite episode so far. The first half in particular was pretty boring.

Sep 30, 2015 12:47 AM

Not really caring for the cat :/

Dec 15, 2015 11:11 AM

Worst episode. Aria would be whole universe better without that stupid animals. The concept is great, but those cats are just ruining everything.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Jun 1, 2016 1:33 AM
I'd have to say that this episode can be skipped. First half is a typical "kid isn't feeling loved, runs away then realised they're loved" and second half is some random shenanigans. Not terrible, but I can't say I enjoyed it either.

Jun 27, 2016 2:27 AM

Didn't get the feel for it tbh.

Nov 2, 2016 9:46 PM

What a stupid cat
A lovely stupid cat xD
"Signature removed"

Nov 30, 2016 6:36 AM
President Aria is something like Superman

Jan 4, 2017 6:45 AM

I'm starting to like Aria more, he was a real hero.

Mar 27, 2017 7:01 PM

While I think President Aria is okay, he's not nearly interesting enough to carry an episode on his own. And the episode wasn't even terrible, just a huge step down from everything that came before. I especially didn't like that the President's thoughts and feelings were spelled out like that, I don't think a single one of those explanations were needed, they just felt patronizing. If Aria's actions had been allowed to speak for themselves, without narration, letting visual shorthands and the VA communicate his feelings, I might have had a different attitude towards this episode.
Modified by LeeTailor, Mar 27, 2017 7:12 PM

Jun 4, 2017 10:53 AM

I liked this episode ara ara.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 5, 2017 1:18 PM

That's still to this date the all time greatest Aria episode. They could have stopped producing new episodes after that one and it would have been fine. Here is where Aria peaked.

Apr 27, 2018 10:25 PM

They sure love giving that cat a butthole.

Jun 20, 8:24 PM

Nice change of pace. Cute endearing episode. Not getting the hate for President Aria honestly.

Jul 19, 12:47 AM

I adore cats and I'm really trying to like Aria shachou, but somehow he's not cute at all.
"Life is one big yeehaw and then you die"

Jul 21, 10:54 PM

Ugh... I hate mascot characters. Sorry guys but was not a fan of this episode. I'm really hoping aria the origination is worth it cause so far I'm not really into this show.
come with me empty human

Pages (2) « 1 [2]