Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2008 12:28 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yes! Gau's finally awake! I don't know if Yoite's conversation with Raikou had the same impact as in the manga, but I just really like the whole thing. The whole episode is a good improvement. It's 80% anime-original, but the story remains as good as ever.

Without knowing the proper dialogue, Yoite seems to emphasize not wanting to die, but I'm not so sure if he still wants to disappear.

I don't know why they're trying to hide a plot device about Yoite's past at this point, though. They go and make some things obvious (like where Engetsurin is) but this, that should have been revealed this episode, remains in the darkness. I wonder how that will go.
Aug 5, 2008 6:30 PM

Dec 2007
I like it - Miharu+Yoite they are really cute... Would like to more about Yoite though. Never read the manga so have nothing to compare it with.
Aug 5, 2008 9:45 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
It felt to me like most of this episode was people wandering around... but maybe that's also because I have a crazy headache and only watched this because I was really looking forward to it.

I want something to happen with Miharu and Yoite already!
Aug 5, 2008 11:29 PM

Jun 2007
I have a feeling Yoite would be happier just having his past memory's erased. That way he can still live, just not in the ninja world or have any memory of his parents or the people he killed in the past.

This episode wasn't as good as the others. Mostly talking about things we already know :(. Although the part with Gau was nice.
Aug 6, 2008 8:48 AM

Oct 2007
quite frankly, i think this episode sucked.
Aug 6, 2008 1:52 PM
Aug 2008
I thought this episode was intense...I mean Miharu finds out Yoite has a month to list, Yoite fights with Raiku and saves Gau and then that scene of Miharu chasing down Yoite and then finding him in the snow.

That last scene was so well done and touching...does anyone know another anime that does intense emotional characterizations like that?
Aug 6, 2008 2:13 PM
Aug 2008
I felt so agitated with the new episode, that I watched it in japanese two day ago.
Considering I'm a total ZERO in japanese.
Quite frankly it was sooo intriguing, I didn't get a thing they were saying, but the argument with Raiko and the scene at the bridge felt so touching, I couldn't wait for the subs to be released, so I decided to try on my own. I was real desperate to find out what the whole talk was about, especially after I thought I heard Yoite say 'Sora' during the final scene. What do you expect from a total newbie, I got about 10% of what they were saying, that alone almost killed my brain.
Anyway, after finally watching the subbed version, my impressions are - I am a bit disappointed. I thought those guys would finally come to some kind of a decision or confession of some sort. Well, Yoite did open up a little, but still not nearly as much as I hoped he would.
It appears, my imagination is a lot to live up to ))) Hope some bright continuation is up soon.
But generally speaking I find this episode a turning point for many characters, Yoite's probably used his powers for the first time to actually save a person, this freak out scene on the bridge, Gau's awakening (wonder how things go in between these guys). I also believe that Miharu will probably determine a new plan, since it turns out they are running out of time.
All in all, I loooooooove these series.
Enjoy watching the spectacular anime!
Aug 6, 2008 3:05 PM

Feb 2008
im not really looking forward to the conclusion of this. it started out with a really good momentum and then it turned into some sappy romance drama, without the romance....

having watched 18 ep, i have no better alternative than to finish it, but only for the sake of it. maybe perhaps something cool might happen...like miharu goes berserk and kills them all haha.
Aug 6, 2008 4:13 PM

Oct 2007
I have some problems with this series as well. There is little plot progression and it really is turning gay(not that I'm a homophobe, it's just that i'm not into that stuff). After all how many times did Miharu say Yoite in this episode? Hopefully it will pick up as this has been a very drawn out series.
JarmelAug 6, 2008 4:25 PM

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Aug 6, 2008 9:38 PM
May 2008
Kineta said:
It felt to me like most of this episode was people wandering around... but maybe that's also because I have a crazy headache and only watched this because I was really looking forward to it.

I want something to happen with Miharu and Yoite already!

hey this isn't a hentai you know.

Aug 6, 2008 10:08 PM

Oct 2007
Do any of the other guys here think this is becoming borderline yaoi?(You know what I mean...) I know most women here would probably see it as "cute" as someone used that word above. Or is it really just me? Miharu is obviously gay, probably one of the main reasons he was so unmotivated in his life of trying to be indifferent, and now Raiko and Gau (Although I saw it coming since the beginning of first seeing Gau, but now it's actually going to happen to Raiko too who I thought was a cool character.)

Maybe I've just been watching to much anime recently, but for 10 minutes every episode is Miharu saying Yoite's name and crying for him, no matter what he does. He could mass murder some innocent people and I'm sure Miharu would only ask if he was safe. Well that's my rant, haven't really said anything for awhile now hoping it would change but it obviously isn't any time soon. I skipped a good 5-10 minutes of this episode. But then again it was worse than others I admit...what a let down from the beginning of this series. All just my opinion though. I haven't read the other topics of episodes since well...it isn't that good of a show to read anything about it.
Aug 6, 2008 10:39 PM

Jun 2007
Guidan said:
Do any of the other guys here think this is becoming borderline yaoi?(You know what I mean...) I know most women here would probably see it as "cute" as someone used that word above. Or is it really just me? Miharu is obviously gay, probably one of the main reasons he was so unmotivated in his life of trying to be indifferent, and now Raiko and Gau (Although I saw it coming since the beginning of first seeing Gau, but now it's actually going to happen to Raiko too who I thought was a cool character.)

Maybe I've just been watching to much anime recently, but for 10 minutes every episode is Miharu saying Yoite's name and crying for him, no matter what he does. He could mass murder some innocent people and I'm sure Miharu would only ask if he was safe. Well that's my rant, haven't really said anything for awhile now hoping it would change but it obviously isn't any time soon. I skipped a good 5-10 minutes of this episode. But then again it was worse than others I admit...what a let down from the beginning of this series. All just my opinion though. I haven't read the other topics of episodes since well...it isn't that good of a show to read anything about it.

try watching Monochrome Factor, its worse and its not even supposed to be a Yaoi lol. These shows can be classified as shounen-ai I think.
Aug 7, 2008 12:07 AM

Feb 2008
even though i have nothing against shounen-ai animes, i am getting disappointed with nabari no ou turning into a borderline shounen-ai. the manga/anime plot till this episode is getting a bit slow nowadays, especially with the over-emphasis on miharuXyoite relationship. this episode just made me drop my rating for this anime from a 8/10 to 6/10. i am going to keep watching nabari just for the sake of finishing it. hopefully the plot will pick up since there's 8 more episodes to go.
littlebluetotoroAug 7, 2008 12:12 AM

Aug 7, 2008 5:49 AM

Apr 2007
The show isn't shounen ai. The problem is that the relationship (and I'm not speaking in a romantic way) between Yoite and Miharu is important to the plot. Because it can determine exactly how Miharu is going to use Shinrabanshou. If he's conflicted, as shown in a previous episode, the thing is just not going to work and something terrible may happen with that amount of knowledge.

If you can't stand either of the main characters by now, or if you can't step away and analyze the situation enough to see how it's not really gay, then you might as well drop this. Because I don't think it's going to get any better the way you want it to be.
Aug 7, 2008 8:07 AM
Apr 2008
cr4sian_phil said:
quite frankly, i think this episode sucked.
i agree
Aug 7, 2008 1:54 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode.
Yoite is an ANGST MACHINE, but I feel really bad for him.

Yoite and Miharu's relationship is beautiful. :]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2008 10:24 PM
Aug 2008
ummyeah said:
Great episode.
Yoite is an ANGST MACHINE, but I feel really bad for him.

Yoite and Miharu's relationship is beautiful. :]

I agree, Yoite and Miharu are beautiful...

This is the most exciting anime I have ever seen, it keeps you guessing, I like it.
twirbleAug 7, 2008 10:32 PM
Aug 8, 2008 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
it would be great if they could finally have some background on Yoite. Really to see constantly wanting to die but not wanting to die as well. Granted that his life is not really easy being seen as the Shinigami no Kami but then, Miharu has been there supporting him in many untold ways.

Anyway, the only time I've seen him smiling is in the new ED.
Aug 8, 2008 8:49 PM
Jun 2008
I'm getting frustrated with the slow progression too. How many more episodes must we wait for until they reveal Yoite's past? It already seems like it'll be full of complexities. And it's not just his past, but Thobari's past too. These guys are too enigmatic. The episode itself was decent. I thought it was funny how Yoite ended up saving Gau when it looked like he was going to destroy him instead. Anyway, let's see what happens next.
Aug 9, 2008 12:56 PM

Jun 2007
This is slightly skipping over to the Yaoi/shounen ai border. XD

Very slow progress x__x I'm dying here.

Aug 12, 2008 4:16 PM

Jun 2007
Dah! almost cried when i saw Yoite was like blind but im glad he isnt

I liked the episode, i can understand the kind of relationship they have, not yaoi, but as someone that really understands and cares about someone else. It makes me happy that kind of 'love'.
Aug 13, 2008 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
actually, i really thought it would be better if miharu was a girl

those ppl at the streets dont really care about a young guy in pyjamas walking bare-footed in the middle of snowing. and he's bleeding, at that! well at least they didnt disturb that shounen-ai moment x3 ...j/k...
Aug 13, 2008 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
I thought this episode was...meh. Can they drag their feet on revealing Yoite's past even more?! Criminey!

And when is Miharu going to "confess" to Yoite? It certainly seems like that's what these episodes are leading up to. I agree that Miharu should've been a girl. Urrrgh!

Aug 14, 2008 3:48 PM

Feb 2008
hanabiii said:
Dah! almost cried when i saw Yoite was like blind but im glad he isnt

I liked the episode, i can understand the kind of relationship they have, not yaoi, but as someone that really understands and cares about someone else. It makes me happy that kind of 'love'.

I wholeheartedly agree XD
Aug 17, 2008 4:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
guys....this is NO WHERE near shounen-ai yet, so forget about yaoi?

This episode has a very nice touch to it...SURE, if all you like is action and plot twists, then this episode had nearly none...watch Code Geass R2 instead....
But this episode was just beautiful....

And you are all talking about shounen-ai as if it is the worst thing you can encounter in anime....no matter how you say "I have nothing against shounen-ai"

And yes, this can also dissapoint hardcore yaoi fans because nothing is really happening between Miharu and Yoite....But this is why Nabari no Ou is unique...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 17, 2008 10:09 PM

Oct 2007
Meh...things are getting a little too gay for my liking :P

Aug 18, 2008 8:29 AM

Mar 2008
kisami said:
maybe perhaps something cool might happen...like miharu goes berserk and kills them all haha.

I vote for that outcome XD
Aug 20, 2008 12:45 AM
Jun 2008
they did the scenes relli well.
it was surprising that yoite actualli used his powers to save gau. i thought he was gona die for sure
huge character development but it seems to me that yoite cant decide whether he wants to live or be erased.
and the bridge scene was all TT^TT
now im intrigued bout wat or who this "sora" person is
Aug 21, 2008 6:55 PM

Jun 2007
This is the first forum I have checked out for this anime... I'm pretty amazed to see how much people are torn between its sucking and it being amazing. Personally I love it!!! I dance after every update lol. I thought this episode is beautiful and even though i support the shounen ai hints I believe that it could be easily looked at as a anime about building characters and that begins with building relationships. There doesn't have to be anything gay about the way the characters treat each other. I think its touching!
Aug 30, 2008 4:38 AM

Jun 2008
I have to admit, the plot is getting a bit draggy but at the same time I still love it. The character interactions are amazing and hints of Yoite's past is interesting. However, I don't think Yoite's and Miharu's relationship is considered as romantic. I think Miharu understands Yoite in a very deep level and Yoite is reacting to Miharu's understanding. No romance there.

Oct 15, 2008 1:28 PM

Dec 2007
good good good
Oct 29, 2008 5:59 AM

Oct 2008
The relationship between Yoite and Miharu is really good. It didn't come close to the "yaoi" border. It's just a "You and I are the same person and we can understand each other" relationship. I hope 19th episode is about Yoite's past. -_-"
Jun 7, 2009 1:13 AM
Mar 2009
They are pouring on the drama, situation looks more and more hopeless, suspense for things to start happening is building up heavy. Yoite & Miharu's relationship is starting to have a weird look to it though. If this turns into some man on man BS I'm going to straight up drop the anime on the spot. It's still fully possible that its an innocent friendship between 2 similar outcast characters carrying heavy burdens. It better stay that way lol
Jun 26, 2009 1:14 AM

Apr 2008
I really wonder if Miharu will make Yoite disappear. Frankly speaking - I don't want him to do so...
Jun 26, 2009 2:20 AM

Jan 2009
i wonder how much of a shounen-ai will this anime go coz more and more its getting a bit gay ^^
Sep 23, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2009
a really nice episode!!with a good drama between yoite and Miharu! i am forward to know how it will end!
Nov 9, 2009 1:29 AM

Jun 2009
wow yoite did the job to wake up Gau
i nearly cried when he sat their in the snow
Dec 13, 2009 6:48 AM

Apr 2009
Can't see why everyone's complaining so much. It seems ok to me. I like the show. So long as the story's good (and I like this one) I'm ok with it.
Oct 24, 2010 9:24 AM
Jun 2009
This is moving so slowly, and I like my fair share of slow moving animes, but this is actually boringly slow for me. Also, some of the lines in this could have been better, for example, saying "Yoite, Yoite" over and over is a) unrealistic, nobody would simply think that, b) repetitive and c) feel like they're filling spaces which were silent with some whining.

I appreciate that Miharu and Yoite are similar and that they've got a strong bond, but this feels at the moment like every episode is just going over the same material (how many times have we seen Yoite's flashback now?).

Hopefully things will move on a bit more soon.
Dec 4, 2010 10:43 PM

Aug 2010
The fuck is it, with all this gay shit?! This isn't what I signed up for! I frigging hate yaoi but they keep shoving it down our throats! WTF!
It's official Miharu is one of the worst male main characters i've seen! He obviously is gay, shouting out Yoite's name like a little shit, the way he hold's Yoite's hand, hugging him too much, he's so damn touchy-feely! It's obvious more than ever, that he doesn't care one bit about anyone but Yoite! I doubt he would go through all this trouble if it was to help Aizawa. Forget all your old friends because you want to help Yoite, why don't you! Twat! Miharu's treatment of Thobari and Aizawa is just sad.
Personally I have never liked Yoite, he's as boring as they come, I have no interest in his story at all. I'm even more interested in Miharu's aunt than in him.
This anime has very boring characters. The only manageable ones are Aizawa and Thobari.
Jul 14, 2011 6:50 PM
Jan 2010
I actually like yaoi but your comment was so damn funny! I had to cover my mouth to stop laughing at the computer. And thank you for what you've said about Yoite and Miharu because that's exactly what I've been thinking for a while now! I like more characters than Aizawa and Thobari but Miharu and Yoite are not part of that short list and this episode changed nothing. Thank you for giving me my laugh for the day :)
Sep 30, 2011 11:55 PM

Nov 2007
I don't understand Miharu and Yoite's relationship AT ALL. Why are they so close? There is no reason other than "we're kind of alike" (they're not even that alike). Plus, like I keep saying, if Yoite dies then a whole bunch of people he's zapped with his kira will die as well. But Miharu doesn't give a shit, he's just lonely and doesn't want his pet Yoite, the one person who NEEDS HIM so completely, to go away. Bullshit.
Jan 19, 2016 2:29 AM

Jun 2010
yamakasi said:
I don't understand Miharu and Yoite's relationship AT ALL. Why are they so close? There is no reason other than "we're kind of alike" (they're not even that alike). Plus, like I keep saying, if Yoite dies then a whole bunch of people he's zapped with his kira will die as well. But Miharu doesn't give a shit, he's just lonely and doesn't want his pet Yoite, the one person who NEEDS HIM so completely, to go away. Bullshit.

Yeah, I agree. Can't find their "relationship" interesting at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2018 10:20 AM

May 2015
Yoite... I can't believe this character! He's so... how are those called, things you immediately want to hug and protect?
When I started this anime, I didn't expect all this Miharu+Yoite relationship, but I like it.
Aug 1, 2021 9:13 AM

Aug 2020
Well, this show is starting to get boring now. I just want to see the MC use his powers.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.