Forum Settings
Forums

What is the most underrated game you have ever played?

New
Nov 13, 2011 8:51 AM
Mar 2011
wehave one for over why not for under

ay way i say the first mega ten games and Final Fantasy IX Dragon Quest I-V
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2011 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
Freelancer!

Okay I'm not knowledgeable about games' scores and such and it might have gotten decent scores, but I have a feeling this game is underappreciated (as in, not enough people have played it/know about it).
Nov 13, 2011 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Super Paper Mario and Super Princess Peach.
Hi. Mah name is Atsumete (Japanese for assemble). I don't watch a lot of anime, but if you can recommend any anime to me that is sci-fi and/or fantasy that is 13+ with some fanservice please tell me!

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
Nov 13, 2011 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Dunno if i would call it the most underrated but i do consider Dragon Age 2 to be underrated compared to other games like it. The complaints that the environments are repetitive and the fact that the story is broken up in a way that you feel like you are doing side missions most of the time ARE valid points. However they are also true of Persona 3, a game which pulls that shit for 2-3 times the length that DA2 did yet is called one of the if not the best RPG ever made by a ton of people.
Nov 13, 2011 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
LBA
Nov 13, 2011 10:45 AM
Mar 2011
i also consider the first 2 persona games ery under rated

side bar i odnt like the facy that the newer persona have megami tensei in the title

since sice story line wise they have noting to do with the novels
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 13, 2011 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
Majora's Mask, in comparison to Ocarina of Time. For having a better story, a richer overworld with sympathetic characters, more consistent difficulty, and for revamping the time travelling dynamic.

Nov 13, 2011 11:00 AM

May 2009
Get your asses to Shenmue.
Nov 13, 2011 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
I-Ninja and Dog's Life.

Has anybody even heard of those games?

Nov 13, 2011 12:16 PM

Aug 2011
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns
Nov 13, 2011 12:55 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:

Why

Nov 13, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
Akai-Ryuusei said:
Tiago97 said:

Why

Most people turn it down because of graphics, but it actaully has one of the deepest gameplays I've ever experienced.
Nov 13, 2011 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Metro 2033
Nov 13, 2011 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
Alpha-kudasu said:
LBA

What the hell is LBA? Why do people use abbreviations all the time, im sick and tired of this. we have no clue what your taking bout. I mean my god, can't people under stand, USE THE CORRECT DAMN title of the game. For god sakes. "Rant finished" lol

Nov 13, 2011 1:05 PM

Jul 2007
I would say the most underrated game ive ever played would probably be Rogue galaxy. I love level 5 games but for some reason that game doesn't get near as much as attention as like dark cloud 2 or dragon quest VII. But i consider it being an amazing game.

Nov 13, 2011 1:05 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:
Akai-Ryuusei said:
Tiago97 said:

Why

Most people turn it down because of graphics, but it actaully has one of the deepest gameplays I've ever experienced.

i love the fire pro games my self far better than wwe games

Nov 13, 2011 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Ezekiel said:
Majora's Mask, in comparison to Ocarina of Time. For having a better story, a richer overworld with sympathetic characters, more consistent difficulty, and for revamping the time travelling dynamic.

Don't forget a more sophisticated AI :P

Nov 13, 2011 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
Akai-Ryuusei said:

You may be ignoring WWF No Mercy. That game is just excellent.
Nov 13, 2011 1:09 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:
Akai-Ryuusei said:

You may be ignoring WWF No Mercy. That game is just excellent.

i was more of a saturn player than a 64 player

Nov 13, 2011 1:11 PM
Mar 2011
harvest moon franchise
metal gear 1 and 2 [ msx ]

Nov 13, 2011 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
Dragon Quest V underrated? holy fuck that's laughable. Everyone gushes about that game despite it being total crap.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 13, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
lucjan said:
I-Ninja and Dog's Life.

Has anybody even heard of those games?

I heard of Dog's Life. Was even famous around here when I was younger.
Nov 13, 2011 1:28 PM
Mar 2011
Jigero said:
Dragon Quest V underrated? holy fuck that's laughable. Everyone gushes about that game despite it being total crap.

i said I-IV

Nov 13, 2011 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
Don't know about underrated as in official ratings, but under appreciated on the other hand.. Dragon Age 2 and Final Fantasy XIII.
Nov 13, 2011 1:47 PM

Nov 2011
MegaMan Battle Network 4

Honestly I find it to be the best game in the series.
Nov 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
duke nukem forever(seriously what is wrong with these reviewers, they bgave it lower scores than vampire rain, you know their being biased when you see that)
grandia 2
infinite undiscovery

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 13, 2011 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Akai-Ryuusei said:
Jigero said:

i said I-IV

Nope you said I-V

Nov 13, 2011 3:03 PM
Mar 2011
link9us said:
Ak

ai-Ryuusei said:

Jigero said:

i said I-IV

Nope you said I-V

honest to god typo

Nov 14, 2011 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
duke nukem forever(seriously what is wrong with these reviewers, they bgave it lower scores than vampire rain, you know their being biased when you see that)

I don't think you know what the word "Bias" means.

Duke was crap.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 14, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Now this is my kinda thread! Ahem...

Haunting Ground
Illbleed
Flogan Brothers
Crimson Tears
Blue Stinger
Hardcorp: Uprising
Haven: Call of the King
Rygar (PS2)
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Robot Alchemic Drive
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
Knock Out Kings (N64 Version)
Toe Jam and Earl 3
D2
Curse Mountain
Battle Arena Toshinden
Deadly Arts
Time Gal
Clockwork Knight
SkyGunner
Trap Gunner
Mr. Mosquito

Never heard/played most of these? Then I rest my case.
Nov 15, 2011 1:14 AM

Jul 2007
Retro8bit i just knew you were going to join in on this discussion and you being the hardcore retro gamer that you are. Pick out all of the almost "unheard" of games lol.

Though i have to admit Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty good.

Nov 15, 2011 3:10 AM
Jun 2008
God Hand, maybe.
Nov 15, 2011 3:25 AM
Aug 2010
Morrowind
Nov 15, 2011 3:33 AM

Jul 2007
By_Fantasy said:
Morrowind

Morrowind, underrated? lol Since when.

Nov 15, 2011 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
link9us said:
By_Fantasy said:
Morrowind

Morrowind, underrated? lol Since when.

Agree, all my RPG loving friends love this game
Nov 15, 2011 7:55 AM

Jul 2011
gothic1,gothic 2
Nov 15, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2011
Deadly Premonition. Lots of people can't get into it and find it to slow and boring but the comedy works really well and the plot is quite good. More people should give it a chance.
Nov 15, 2011 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Dammit, God Hand was already mentioned...
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Nov 15, 2011 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
Cortex Command

Don't really know if it's underrated or just very unknown though. The community is awesome and it has alot of mods as well. Definitively worth checking out.
Nov 16, 2011 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Retro8bit said:

Haunting Ground

Hell yes! More people need to know about this game. One of the best survival horrors on the PS2 for me.
Nov 16, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
Jigero said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I don't think you know what the word "Bias" means.

Duke was crap.
you do realize that by insulting the game I'm calling underrated your only proving my point even more that it is underrated

and the fact that your trying to prove to me that a game is bad that i like just shows you have bias, if you didn't have any bias you wouldn't give 2 shits either way about what my view is but no, you reply to me to try and say that i don't understand what im talking about and by saying the game is crap you are also trying to say my opinion is wrong and that your is right

If you truly believe you are not bias then answer me, what were you trying to accomplish with that comment? and don't give me the BS excuse of "i was trying to show my opinion on the game". Cause if you were then you would not have brought up how i don't know what bias is and your analysis of the game would have been more than 3 words

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 16, 2011 4:24 PM

Feb 2009
Under rated, can't help you there, but, I know of a number of under known games, that sadly suffer from being simply too outside of the mainstream to have been encountered enough.

We have all heard of RTS ie Real Time Strategy (frankly a term so utterly lacking in accuracy). But how many of you know of the company Panther Games (australian). They make a series of titles, that began with Highwy to the Reich went on to Conquest of the Aegean, and has also more recently created Battles from the Bulge. Real time the way real time should have been made years ago.

In these games, the speed of your mouse control will do nothing for you, if you make wrong decisions, you lose. The game simulates an actual chain of command. No repeatedly changing your mind and repeatedly giving units micro control. Likely among the best games for illustrating if you actually are any good at command and strategy at the tactical level.

I could likely mention a few other games I am fond of that are simply too far removed from the minds of mainstream gamer, not so muc under rated, as just under exposed to the market.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Nov 16, 2011 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Yo! Noid. Game was boss.
Nov 17, 2011 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
Only one I can really remember has to be Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines. A cult classic. shame it released as a buggy mess and only the community could fix it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2011 1:33 PM
Mar 2009
Sacrifice (PC game)
Nov 20, 2011 2:34 AM

Nov 2008
I would say Skullmonkeys.
Nov 20, 2011 2:38 AM

Sep 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
you do realize that by insulting the game I'm calling underrated your only proving my point even more that it is underrated.

and the fact that your trying to prove to me that a game is bad that i like just shows you have bias, if you didn't have any bias you wouldn't give 2 shits either way about what my view is but no, you reply to me to try and say that i don't understand what im talking about and by saying the game is crap you are also trying to say my opinion is wrong and that your is right

If you truly believe you are not bias then answer me, what were you trying to accomplish with that comment? and don't give me the BS excuse of "i was trying to show my opinion on the game". Cause if you were then you would not have brought up how i don't know what bias is and your analysis of the game would have been more than 3 words

"Bias" is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives.

Toll house cookies are better then Chips ahoy cookies, because I like Toll house. that's a Bias.

You don't know what Bias means.

Duke was crap because it was a 15 year old game that played like a shitty modern game

It had no challenge what so ever,

had none of the game play elements Duke was known for.

It looked like shit,

even after all that dev time it was still glaringly rushed and unfinished.

It made fun of modern shooters yet copied all their flaws.

The only reason people gave a shit about it was because of the Hype.

Gearbox spent more money on advertising the damn thing then actually used in it's development.

It was obviously pushed out just to make money and capitalize on the hype.

The Humor was ignorant, pathetic and out of date.

The combat and weapon selection was so simplified it was almost like it was designed for toddlers.

Half the controller is devoted to childish gimmicks.

and was easily the worst Duke game to date.
Nov 20, 2011 2:43 AM

Feb 2011
Not really sure if its underrated or just not very popular but no one i know has played The Darkness which i found very entertaining.
Nov 20, 2011 3:11 AM
Sep 2011
Jigero said:

...and was easily the worst Duke game to date.

It would have been a half-decent game were it finished five or ten years ago, where the technology and gameplay conventions it used were actually current for it's time. Hence, low review scores, low opinions, no more Duke.
Nov 20, 2011 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
Fatal Frame series. None of my friends knew them
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - Apr 19

6 by KenaiPhoenix »»
6 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

52 by goodtasty »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3506 by goodtasty »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

8 by Astachanna »»
8 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

12 by _untitled »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.