Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Precise age?

Jan 9, 2012 6:33 AM

I would say 20-25.

So you can enjoy being with you're partner for the fullest :)

Jan 9, 2012 10:25 AM

AlanViBritannia said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
AlanViBritannia said:
Why am I a sexist now? @_@ I only didn't really think about LGBT couples when I first wrote in the thread. And LGBT marriage is mostly prohibited in the world, I don't see why does it have to be first association to marriage? I am not against LGBT marriage, I just forgot about for few moments when I was writing that post.

... Now that I look at this all, I don't see why am I trying to elaborate my point of view to you anyway. ~

Seriously? "In my opinion girl is not mentally old enough in 18th to get married." That is a pure sexist sentence.

It may be so. If it is, then you can consider me a sexist, yes.

But let me elaborate that sentence.

In the marriage [with kids], woman will be sacrificing more of her social life [since she can't be replaced in children's early age, and it is a fact, not a sexist thought], she will be missing out from her career life, etc. In other words, in baby's early age, woman will be more at home, missing out other important aspects of social & work life, while man doesn't need to miss out basically anything.

That is why women sacrifice more with marriage. And that is why I think girl, who is 18, isn't able to comprehend the "cost" of the marriage life, motherhood, etc. That is why I told girls @ 18 aren't mentally old enough. Not because they are stupid, but because they don't really know what's waiting for them afterwards.

Because obviously there's no such thing as a stay at home dad. Not to mention you don't need kids if you're married. What you said is no fact and is just plain sexism.

Jan 9, 2012 1:48 PM

Yeah, and dad's gonna breast feed and it's not like many of the top branch psychologist are saying that mother is an essential aspect of socialization in baby's early life.

Seriously, educate yourself.

Jan 9, 2012 3:23 PM

AlanViBritannia said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
AlanViBritannia said:
Why am I a sexist now? @_@ I only didn't really think about LGBT couples when I first wrote in the thread. And LGBT marriage is mostly prohibited in the world, I don't see why does it have to be first association to marriage? I am not against LGBT marriage, I just forgot about for few moments when I was writing that post.

... Now that I look at this all, I don't see why am I trying to elaborate my point of view to you anyway. ~

Seriously? "In my opinion girl is not mentally old enough in 18th to get married." That is a pure sexist sentence.

It may be so. If it is, then you can consider me a sexist, yes.

But let me elaborate that sentence.

In the marriage [with kids], woman will be sacrificing more of her social life [since she can't be replaced in children's early age, and it is a fact, not a sexist thought], she will be missing out from her career life, etc. In other words, in baby's early age, woman will be more at home, missing out other important aspects of social & work life, while man doesn't need to miss out basically anything.

That is why women sacrifice more with marriage. And that is why I think girl, who is 18, isn't able to comprehend the "cost" of the marriage life, motherhood, etc. That is why I told girls @ 18 aren't mentally old enough. Not because they are stupid, but because they don't really know what's waiting for them afterwards.

Apparently you've never heard of daycare. For all the comments saying we should educate ourselves, you sure do gloss over a plethora of possibilities of how to raise a child to stick to what is presumably the only way you think it can be done.

I have an aunt and uncle with little kids who both work, and I've had friends where both of their parents work. What is best for the development of the child is an entirely different debate, the fact is the mother does not have to stay home and raise the children.

As drunk_samurai mentioned there is also the stay at home dad and the possibility that you simply don't have kids at all. Sure the dad couldn't breast feed, but that is why they invented baby formula. It's not your call to say this can't be done simply because you believe it is best for the development of the child, it's not your kid and people will raise their children how they want so long as it legal according to the law.

I'm not sure about the country you live in, but in mine, Alimony can be far more damaging than any loss of a social life or career. If you didn't sign a prenuptial agreement, you can be working like a dog for the rest of your life to support someone who has actually wronged you thanks to our screwed up court system.

Jan 9, 2012 4:00 PM

Haven't read every single post, just thought I'd add absolutely nothing to the conversation and mention that Marriage is a lulzy outdated system which goes against humans' natural instinct and should be abolished.
Modified by Trapalicious, Jan 9, 2012 4:16 PM

Jan 9, 2012 4:09 PM

Well I don't know about me, but for the girl, 18 tops.

Jan 9, 2012 4:47 PM

DaHitman said:
Hoppy said:
It's 18 in most nations, 16 in some states in the US with parent consent, 15 with that and a court order in some states, 15 in some Muslim nations.

My opinion it should be 16 or 17, if you are mature enough to drive a car at 16-17 which can kill someone if misused, then you can get married.

How'd a 16-18 years old couple be able to get a house among other stuff?

I was 18 when i bought my house..if i had a partner i could have bought an even better house.

some motherfuckers just dont have enough money

the law should be 18, and haz money

married couples are people, people are fucking stupid, stupid couples have sex, unprotected and has kids.

kids are free, but cost 1 million dollars

people are given the capacity to fuck their own lives up, and do.

Laws need to be put in place to protect people from their own ignorance.

my brother is 23 and my sister is 29. my brother has a kid and my sister has 5

They both had to move away from Sydney because they broke as fuck. Dunno about where you all live but no1 can afford a house in Sydney. 20min drive from the city and your house will cost 1million+

if you wanna get married young here, pack up your shit and move inland

Jan 9, 2012 5:11 PM

AlanViBritannia said:
Yeah, and dad's gonna breast feed and it's not like many of the top branch psychologist are saying that mother is an essential aspect of socialization in baby's early life.

Seriously, educate yourself.

Yep. You're full of shit. I bet you're also pro-life.

Jan 11, 2012 4:46 PM

Pocketasces said:

I disagree. Laws should exist to protect OTHERS from a person's ignorance, but if someone wants to do something foolish and harm themselves there should be no one to stop them. Maybe, you mean to say there should be more awareness created regarding the costs of having a family?

Jan 12, 2012 8:42 PM

Grimm3r said:
Pocketasces said:

I disagree. Laws should exist to protect OTHERS from a person's ignorance, but if someone wants to do something foolish and harm themselves there should be no one to stop them. Maybe, you mean to say there should be more awareness created regarding the costs of having a family?

Nobody is going to listen to some gay awareness program.. You're giving people too much credit. These people are going to have kids, and their kids are going to grow up eating their own shit and smoking crack. It's not fair to bring someone into the world like that

Jan 17, 2012 4:23 PM

I believe that people should be able to get married at 20, because people just aren't mature or smart, and that drags everyone else down to that level. Its sad because some people are mature but some are just plain stupid. I also think you have been with the Girl/Guy for at least a year or two before you get married, because let's face it, our generation just isn't the type for marriage due to all the excess freedom. If people weren't allowed to divorce then everyone would take marriage more seriously and think about it a lot more before making the decision, and there wouldn't be "Gold Diggers". People may disagree with me, but this is the person who is supposedly going to stay with you forever and love you forever. I don't think that's a joke or a chance to get loaded with money.

Jan 17, 2012 7:27 PM

Whenever the couple feels ready, I say go for it.

Jan 18, 2012 11:17 AM

Ghostt said:
I believe that people should be able to get married at 20, because people just aren't mature or smart, and that drags everyone else down to that level. Its sad because some people are mature but some are just plain stupid. I also think you have been with the Girl/Guy for at least a year or two before you get married, because let's face it, our generation just isn't the type for marriage due to all the excess freedom. If people weren't allowed to divorce then everyone would take marriage more seriously and think about it a lot more before making the decision, and there wouldn't be "Gold Diggers". People may disagree with me, but this is the person who is supposedly going to stay with you forever and love you forever. I don't think that's a joke or a chance to get loaded with money.

Making divorce illegal is wrong. The only reason to have it illegal is because of extremist Christians.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]