Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 6 Discussion

Nov 13, 2011 1:44 PM

I honestly can not believe all the complaining I am reading XD, sounds like a bunch of whiny kids.

Where is the action? Well I don't know, maybe the anime needs a story!? There will be plenty of action, that is pretty much what this season is about. A couple of eps with no action, and people are planning on dropping the season? We are only on the 6th episode. ... I mean, don't get me wrong, I would complain to if there was actually a reason to complain about it. But the complaining here is just meaningless and spoiled. You want action, go watch DBZ or something.

Nov 13, 2011 2:53 PM

The problem I have with 3rd season isn't buildup per se, but the way it's done. I consider Shana to action anime, and as such I'd like to see action that sometimes slows down for build ups or "breather" episodes. Here, we have several full episodes (in total it'll be between 1/4 and 1/3 of the enitre season) of talking, and after that, from what people here said, the rest of the season of almost non-stop fighting. I'd say it's bad season construction. Remindes me too much of SnS season 2.

Nov 13, 2011 3:30 PM

It was an okay episode could have been better.

Nov 13, 2011 3:52 PM

Man, what a bunch of complainers.

I personally didn't find it boring one bit, we gotta let the plot/story build up sometime. I'm also finding this season ALOT better than season 2, by far. In S2 it took forever for the actual story to finally get going, here its been progressing quite nicely. Then not only is the story actually progressing, its alot more enjoyable and interesting.

If you people can't handle the wait for your action, then wait for it to finish airing then watch it all at once. There, problem solved, that way you won't have to wait as long for the action episodes.

Nov 13, 2011 5:30 PM
Observer

SailorCardKnight said:
Man, what a bunch of complainers.

I personally didn't find it boring one bit, we gotta let the plot/story build up sometime. I'm also finding this season ALOT better than season 2, by far. In S2 it took forever for the actual story to finally get going, here its been progressing quite nicely. Then not only is the story actually progressing, its alot more enjoyable and interesting.

If you people can't handle the wait for your action, then wait for it to finish airing then watch it all at once. There, problem solved, that way you won't have to wait as long for the action episodes.

This, for god's sake.

Sure, it ain't perfect in terms of pacing. J.C. Staff always had severe issues in that area. However, it's only the 6th episode and haters gonna hate :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Nov 13, 2011 5:48 PM
that bit*h is jealous.

Nov 13, 2011 7:32 PM

That was so boring. not because it didn't have any action. no! for so many reason other than that.

and why do we have to follow Satou's storyline? (most boring part for me.)

Nov 13, 2011 7:37 PM

Am I the only one who isnt wrapped up in the hype of this series...so far there has been one decent episode in 6 which is pretty lousy.

I was bored all the way through this time round.

At least Hecate does something next episode so I have high hopes for it but I can't help but feel I will be left with another disappointment.

Nov 13, 2011 8:30 PM

It's too bad there's so many SHOUNEN junkies that are watching Shana....

The only thing they consider "Good" is if there's explosions and people fighting...

How ridiculous and immature of some people IN THIS THREAD to not realize that in order to have fights and action we need the story to be PROPERLY TOLD.

Nov 13, 2011 10:53 PM
I like the fact that there's a lot of new characters, on both sides. It was hard to believe there are flame haze and tomogara worldwide when we've always seen the same ones. If I can't remember one's name, then it's because they suck. Also, Pheles needs to show her face again; wtf is she up to.

Nov 14, 2011 2:36 AM

JustALEX said:
How ridiculous and immature of some people IN THIS THREAD to not realize that in order to have fights and action we need the story to be PROPERLY TOLD.

This. Personally, I found the past six episodes to have been quite enjoyable; Especially since I haven't read the novels. I can never understand why people just love complaining and whining when the show has barely even reached its climax.
"Love is power. Give it to another and you will bring bliss. Friends, criminals, strangers, and even yourself. All is reborn when you forgive, love, and understand."

Nov 14, 2011 3:52 AM
Some people complaining about plot picking up?

This is disappointing.

Nov 14, 2011 10:22 AM

Hecate! Good to see her again.

Rebecca Reed huh? She's pretty cool. Perhaps suitable with Satou in case Margery won't work out. Oh, and Wilhelmina looked pretty cute in that flashback. I wonder who the other flame haze is.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.

Nov 14, 2011 9:06 PM

What's with the "Action or bad episode" attitude?!

This season IMO is the superior of the 3 so far, and has the best potential as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 14, 2011 10:08 PM

AirStyles said:
What's with the "Action or bad episode" attitude?!

This season IMO is the superior of the 3 so far, and has the best potential as well.
This, I think the season has been great so far. I don't understand why people are saying an episode without action sucks or is boring. Do some of you really expect action every single episode? There's something called a plot and it needs more than action to continue it.

Nov 15, 2011 12:40 AM
I personally find the action scenes quite boring and am glad that they're being scaled down on.

Nov 15, 2011 12:58 AM
originanime

brabbit1987 said:
I honestly can not believe all the complaining I am reading XD, sounds like a bunch of whiny kids.

Where is the action? Well I don't know, maybe the anime needs a story!? There will be plenty of action, that is pretty much what this season is about. A couple of eps with no action, and people are planning on dropping the season? We are only on the 6th episode. ... I mean, don't get me wrong, I would complain to if there was actually a reason to complain about it. But the complaining here is just meaningless and spoiled. You want action, go watch DBZ or something.

I am glad there are some smart people on these forums.

Nov 15, 2011 2:53 AM

AirStyles said:

This isn't anywhere near the quality of storytelling that was the first season. That actually had decent pacing.

Nov 15, 2011 8:02 AM

Hmmm... the "unexpected person" that appears before Yoshida is probably that same vetran Flame Haze that was sent to help along with Rebeca. That one flame haze from the first season that revealed everything to Yoshida.

Nov 15, 2011 4:25 PM
^ Yeah, that "asshole" (note the quotes) named Khamsin Nbh'w.

Nov 15, 2011 8:48 PM

JustALEX said:
It's too bad there's so many SHOUNEN junkies that are watching Shana....

The only thing they consider "Good" is if there's explosions and people fighting...

^

Nov 16, 2011 1:49 AM

If you want more action, put this series on hold and go watch some Naruto filler. Come back to Shana when the series is finished and you can just skim through the exposition.

Though to be honest, there's something a little jilted about the pace. The plot itself is moving along just fine, but the cast is starting to get a little bloated.

Nov 16, 2011 4:31 AM

My strategy for airing shows is to let most of them go for a few weeks and then follow the forum threads to get a consensus on whether or not I should watch it weekly. Seems like I'll benefit from having waited out on Shana so far.

Nov 16, 2011 2:55 PM
Llama765 said:
My strategy for airing shows is to let most of them go for a few weeks and then follow the forum threads to get a consensus on whether or not I should watch it weekly. Seems like I'll benefit from having waited out on Shana so far.
If you only enjoy mindless violence, yes.

Nov 20, 2011 12:00 AM

A few new characters are introduced. I see more plot development, and the slowly rising tension. I can already feel the war that is coming soon, almost as if the dark clouds of war were already visible on the horizon.

Characters on both sides are busy gathering members, calling in favors, and generally preparing for what's to come. The Flame Haze need to rescue their strongest, their shining light, back for the coming war, and how is the question.

Yuji needs to better take control of his subordinates, though. There's probably too much independence in Bal Masque, even with his highest ranking minions. He needs to better safeguard his "prize" from the wrath of his angry subordinates.

Nov 24, 2011 12:22 AM

Cool. Story is moving along pretty well. Though I think they could've sped it up some more. JC Staff always likes to drag things out and save some money.

Dec 6, 2011 12:16 PM

I'm definitely agreeing that this could use more action, but I didn't mind seeing Hecate finally do something. I had a feeling one of the triad (as cool and level-headed as they all seem to be) would have a little problem with their leader's obsession with Shana.

Dec 10, 2011 12:05 PM

Another background episode that just featured a new character. Interesting, but, not what I was looking for. Hopefully, we get to stick to what the story should be revolving around, Shana! Looking forward to the next!

Dec 17, 2011 6:05 PM

It seems like half of the dialogue is just saying all of the characters' annoyingly long titles.

Apr 19, 2012 10:44 AM
Why does the mystes' voice keep changing between yuuji and snake? any meaning? at first i thought that when it was yuuji's voice, it was yuuji himself, like when he talks to shana (most of the time). But when he was talking to hecate and alastor, it keeps changing between the 2 each line >.> really annoying actually.

Jun 16, 2012 12:49 PM

Wow did i see welhimina blush? lol It appears both her and rebecca were pretty great friends and shared some strong relatiions back in the day. This new character becca reed is pretty awesome so far. This episode mostly was more info added to the complex plot and lots of new characters showing up.

Also SHANA NAKED!!!! lol

Of course knowing JC we have our damn cliff hanger
Hacate shows up out of no where, defeats the rinn and tells shana she is now unwanted? Hmm.

Well at least i get to watch every episode in a row instead of waiting weekly. i can only imagine how tough that must of been for most people. Judging by what people are saying bout the volumes, episode 9 and onwards things start to get pretty intense huh and does't stop till the end of the season? Damn i can't wait.
Modified by link9us, Jun 16, 2012 12:56 PM

Jul 2, 2012 6:29 PM

"this is the ideal point for a cliffhanger, is it not" - next moment, scene changes to Shana, and after the end of the episode, we still don't know who the other is. Like adding insult to injury.

And Rebecca Reed seems nice. Good friends with Wilhelmina, and going to fight.

I was wondering yesterday, we didn't see that many flame haze, even less we ever saw fighting, and even less of them survived. I mean, Shana's predecessor, Mathilde, is obviously dead, she sacrified herself. And that was the best way to go out of all those..

The one in Tokyo was nice, too, but quickly done in by Sydonay.There was also this one young boy who also died in the one and only fight we saw of him. We never saw the others like Khamsin, Sophie etc. fight. Only Shana, Wilhelmina and Margery.

Made me wonder if there are any left at all, when they talk about "flame haze army" and "not willing to part with forces" and stuff. So i hope Rebecca does fight together with Wilhelmina, and doesn't die just because she isn't one of the main characters.

Aug 13, 2012 9:21 AM

Shana better kick Hecate's ass.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"

Nov 7, 2012 1:26 PM

"Love is the strongest unrestricted spell."
When I heard that, my eyes genuilly gleamed with naive delight, but at the same time I thought "Duh."

Confucius said:
Hold on, the guy was in that room for a week without food and he survived???
I think I saw a minibar.
GarLogan78 said:
It seems like half of the dialogue is just saying all of the characters' annoyingly long titles.
loled

Personally, I like this season so far: in most of the episodes, you can see what JC Staff is capable of. Plus the planning of season 2 was really too haphazard for me.
Rebecca is one fine gal, we should have seen her sooner.
Modified by EratiK, Nov 8, 2012 2:26 PM

Mar 20, 2013 5:36 AM

Rebecca is sure messing with Satou LOL, i like her character :)

they should have chosen some1 else as Satou voice actor, this voice dose not fit him at all, i'm talking about ENG DUB version
Modified by Sugram22, Sep 28, 2017 3:29 AM

Aug 7, 2013 5:40 AM

So hacate will disobey yuuji, hmmm and that new flamehaze rebeca is too wild and destroys everything cant she just open doors? Wew ,And is satou to young for Margery

Dec 6, 2013 4:22 AM
Rebecca Reed seems like an interesting, looking forward to seeing her in action. And just when i thought Hecate's timing couldn't get worse she proves me wrong yet again :/

By now it's clear that Shana and Yuji both love each other so why can't Shana and Yuji work things out? Damn you anime for not elaborating enough. I guess it's just Shana''s stubbornness as a Flame haze and Yuji's conviction to change the world.

Apr 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Hecate not giving a single fuck :P
Well, honestly I can understand that Hecate, Bel-Peol and Sydonay might be reluctant to keep Shana alive. There is no reason to keep her alive, except for Yuuji, which shouldn't be able to take decision.

That new girl is pretty cool. That's how you solve problem, exploding everything! xD
Poor Satou though. Wall exploding on him, roof falling on him, thrown on a wall. It isn't really how he expected his workplace would be :P

When will Shana be out again? I want to see her kick some ass :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

May 5, 2014 2:25 PM

game8910 said:
Another info-dump episode as I expected, as I recall novel 17 was lacking on the action but patience is a virtue, we'll get our war soon enough. With that said...

Why is Rebecca Reed so BASED! I love her already, a really good addition to the cast imo.
AND NOW WE GET CLIFFHANGER OH JC STAFF YOU!!
We are at novel 17?! They are going to adapt another 8 volumes of novel in 18 episode?!

I guess it makes sense in that they used 72 episodes to adapt 25 volumes overall.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Jun 13, 2014 10:16 AM

Nice background-infos about wilhemina

Sep 28, 2014 5:52 PM

This episode was really interesting, liking this season a bit more than expected

Oct 15, 2014 2:02 AM

Oh the buildup. I liked the back story of Rebecca and Wilhelmina though.

Jun 13, 2017 5:02 PM

The new Flame Haze Rebecca is a pretty cool character, looking forward to see her in action.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 20, 2:01 PM

MarchinBunny said:

😂😂😂

this
+1

Pages (2) « 1 [2]