Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2011 8:50 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well shit, next episode is Chihaya episode. And TAKANE IS KNOCKING OUT EVERYONE.
Nov 10, 2011 9:28 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode. Takane and P-san make a great team.
Nov 10, 2011 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
Lol Chihaya getting throat cancer. I bet she's going to steal away the entire show for the rest of the episodes now.

Takane beating up that paparazzi was awesome though. The insert is Flower Girl, and the ending song is Kazahana.
Nov 10, 2011 11:13 AM

Nov 2008
Note to all who want to defame Takane: Don't mess with her, she may be elegant and ladylike but has nice moves as well. Producer + Takane = good team.

Chihaya lost her voice so the next ep is centered around her.

Nov 10, 2011 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Cancer?

Chihaya could lose her voice becuase of some trauma and a secret she don't want to get revealed.
When she check out the magasin she were shocked or something.

Even thought you want sing your body is refusing it somehow.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 10, 2011 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
Cancer?

Chihaya could lose her voice becuase of some trauma and a secret she don't want to get revealed.
When she check out the magasin she were shocked or something.

Even thought you want sing your body is refusing it somehow.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 10, 2011 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
Blackbird said:
Cancer?

It's a running gag that the fans label it throat cancer.
Nov 10, 2011 10:51 PM

Nov 2010
I'm not sure if I got the idea of what's happening completely correct.

Lol.... Takane and her love for testing out different food.... Funny how everyone only realized how little they know about Takane when she is interviewed (about what food she likes to eat xD).

Takane is amazingly sharp, to vaguely notice the presence Kuroi Pro's hired cameraman(I think?). It's even more hilarious when she mentions how she feels like she's being watched by all the 756 pro idols xD.

Finally, the constant teasing about Chihaya's past has ended...

"Everyone has a one or two things they can't tell to others. Don't you have one too, Chihaya?" Takane's quote was spot on and it was even more effective, since she placed the mask on her face.

"Chihaya, it would be nice if a day when you could talk about it arrives." <= Awaiting that moment myself xD, even though I already spoiled myself.

Touma became more likable with this episode; he was rubbing off on me the wrong way with his condescending attitude...

I really wonder what the cover of the magazine said?
I didn't expect them to actually put the part where she can't sing either...

Definitely can't wait for the next episode~
kuroikishiNov 12, 2011 8:46 PM
Nov 10, 2011 11:21 PM

Aug 2011
Yay Chihaya episode next, this episode was alright, though Takane is one of my least favourite idols.
Nov 11, 2011 2:45 PM

May 2011
A good episode since Takane is one of my favorites. Though I felt takane should have told producer-san about the cameraman hired by kuroi pro, but anyways Takane made up for it by taking down the cameraman with the help of the producer. Can't wait for Chihaya's episode!
Nov 15, 2011 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
Next episode should be good., this one felt like more of a set up for some serious business.
Nov 15, 2011 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
It was a great episode for me since I like Takane
Finally next week is Chihaya's episode!
Can't wait for next week!
Nov 15, 2011 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Good think they caught that paparazzi and helped the misunderstanding out of this world. Takane is actually pretty capable of defending herself it seems. We still didn't really learn all that much about her background though.

Looks like Touma from Jupiter is finally learning more and more about Kuroi's dirty tricks too. Next trick he's pulling is the photo about Chihaya and her mother. That's why she looked so shocked reading that magazine. Next week is going to be a emotional one, I can tell!

Nov 15, 2011 12:09 PM
Apr 2011
I love this episode! Takane <3 (She is one of my favourite idols from the group.) And I also love the ending song. It was beautifully sung. *__*
Nov 15, 2011 1:18 PM

Sep 2010
Although Takane acting is police officer made no sense (I assume it was just for fanservice), the arresting of the paparazzi was awesome!
Everyone could already guess almost exactly what happened with Chihaya in the past for the last few episodes because of the many little flashbacks, the magazine cover confirms it.

It's still weird how there are 'just' a 7000 people watching Idolmaster (compared to other popular shows like Bakuman, Haganai, etc.) and just a few posting on the forums on MAL, if you compare it to the great sales it has in Japan.
I'm also seriously concerned about the conclusion, like many of you. Even though Chihaya's things will probably be covered next episode, it feels to me like they are still doing introductions, and that's a bit weird, considering that it's already episode 19.
I think it's not completely fair that there are 2 Chihaya-centered episodes, and there have only been 1 episode on for example Yukiho (episode 3!!). It's also impossible to give everyone some more screen time in such a short time.
Nov 15, 2011 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my fuckin...episode was amazing. Effin love love love love love love love love Takane ever more now. She's a goddamn comedian, princess, glutton, and CQC master. Also love the inclusions of Kazahana and Flower Girl. Definitely worth the wait.

But that end..oh my fucking geez, that end. All the shit comes tumbling down.
Nov 15, 2011 3:05 PM

Feb 2011
Awesome Takane was awesome. So damn awesome.

And why do they keep doing this!? Why do they keep trying to excuse the 961 idols with a they-didn't-know-about-their-producer's-tricks sort of mentality?

That's complete bullshit. You can see how they fail at being humans, from the way they treat everyone. Such assholes. GTFO out of my anime!

Chihaya ep next!
Nov 15, 2011 4:00 PM

Jun 2010
I know that the Chihaya episode next week will probably make me cry. I just know it.

Nov 15, 2011 5:05 PM

Jul 2008
ArcrexK said:
Awesome Takane was awesome. So damn awesome.

And why do they keep doing this!? Why do they keep trying to excuse the 961 idols with a they-didn't-know-about-their-producer's-tricks sort of mentality?

That's complete bullshit. You can see how they fail at being humans, from the way they treat everyone. Such assholes. GTFO out of my anime!

Chihaya ep next!

I agree. The members of Jupiter are mean...whether they know about their producer's shenanigans or not.
Nov 15, 2011 8:20 PM

Jan 2011
Careful with next week's episode guys. The water works might come on.

Btw, Jupiter sounds like shit.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Nov 15, 2011 10:56 PM

Sep 2010
Do the girls take a certain liking to the producer in the game like they do in this?
Nov 15, 2011 11:26 PM

Feb 2011
Zero0neFive said:
Btw, Jupiter sounds like shit.

Sounds like? They ARE shit.
Nov 16, 2011 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
ArcrexK said:
GTFO out of my anime!

This line speaks wonders. (In a non sarcastic way.)
Nov 16, 2011 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
CrystalTsubaki said:
ArcrexK said:
GTFO out of my anime!

This line speaks wonders. (In a non sarcastic way.)

Oh yes.
Nov 16, 2011 5:03 AM

Jul 2009
961 Pro has messed with Chihaya. Now they will pay.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Nov 16, 2011 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
Ovindel said:
Although Takane acting is police officer made no sense (I assume it was just for fanservice).

These events are pretty normal for idols, and pretty much everyone in the game has one event becoming the head chief of the police/fire brigade.

AngelicFeces said:
Do the girls take a certain liking to the producer in the game like they do in this?

Yes, pretty much every girl will love the Producer in the ending.
kaimaxNov 16, 2011 7:03 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 16, 2011 7:26 AM

Sep 2010
kaimax said:
Ovindel said:
Although Takane acting is police officer made no sense (I assume it was just for fanservice).

These events are pretty normal for idols, and pretty much everyone in the game has one event becoming the head chief of the police/fire brigade.

AngelicFeces said:

Yes, pretty much every girl will love the Producer in the ending.
Seriously? Does that even happen with real-life idols? What's the point of it, especially for the police, firemen themselves, it only gets in their way.
Nov 16, 2011 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
Ovindel said:
]Seriously? Does that even happen with real-life idols? What's the point of it, especially for the police, firemen themselves, it only gets in their way.

It's basically just a usual police/firefighter appreciation day, and it's not an "entire" day so it won't really bother with their activities, and it's not nationwide.

I usually see these when they're trying to socialize something new to the public. You know that they also have mascots too.. lol

And Japan doesn't have a high crime rate like America.

Nov 16, 2011 5:13 PM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
Ovindel said:
]Seriously? Does that even happen with real-life idols? What's the point of it, especially for the police, firemen themselves, it only gets in their way.

It's basically just a usual police/firefighter appreciation day, and it's not an "entire" day so it won't really bother with their activities, and it's not nationwide.

I usually see these when they're trying to socialize something new to the public. You know that they also have mascots too.. lol

And Japan doesn't have a high crime rate like America.
It's not even a Japan-only idea either. Other countries do it when they want to boost their police force's reputation among the people and use the opportunity to boast about their plans and accomplishments. SO basically, it's just a PR event for the police force, with a pretty face to help draw in the crowds.

Nov 16, 2011 6:38 PM

Apr 2011
arsonal said:
961 Pro has messed with Chihaya. Now they will pay.

I just hope they do. What they did is unforgivable!

I'm liking the mysterious silver princess Takane this episode.
Nov 16, 2011 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa a Jupiter performance. <333333333
Still waiting for Haruka episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2011 8:49 AM

Jan 2011
Her image song is the best ED of the series. Though I guess it's a take from The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter? About time they give her a turn in the story.

I guess she's considered "The weird one" of the group.. Kinda like TK in Angel Beats, where their version of normal isn't the normal but get enough attention to draw favoritism.
Nov 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
Erm is that all to Takane's story? or is there more back story can someone tell me of her background etc?
Cause shes one of my fav character. Lol found out Takane and i have the same birthday and height
ArcanaTraceNov 18, 2011 12:26 PM
Nov 18, 2011 1:22 PM

Jun 2008
ArcanaTrace said:
Erm is that all to Takane's story? or is there more back story can someone tell me of her background etc?
Cause shes one of my fav character. Lol found out Takane and i have the same birthday and height

She's Takane, she's suposed to be mysterious lol.

She's cute when she's flustered though.. lol (play the game XD)

Nov 18, 2011 2:40 PM

Sep 2010
kaimax said:
ArcanaTrace said:

She's Takane, she's suposed to be mysterious lol.

She's cute when she's flustered though.. lol (play the game XD)

We still don't really know much about her, but it doesn't look like we're gonna know that after the show has ended.
I really think this show is going bad: the storytelling is getting worse and it's kind of hurried, even though the start of the show was nicely slow paced.
Nov 19, 2011 9:14 AM

Oct 2007
I really don't think the show is getting worse in anyway. This is a Idol show and not the typical drama or TV series. Beside the first episode I am really surprised at how good this show has been doing so far.

The mysterious Takane is awesome.

Ok next one is going to be interesting.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 19, 2011 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
Finally, a Takane episode! The police scene is awesome. Worth the wait.

Fave Quote:
"Unfortunately, I'm not particularly proficient with humor" then "Actually I specialize in humor." LOL
Nov 25, 2011 10:41 AM
Jan 2010
watakushi desuwa
chihaya episode next? oh boy
Dec 3, 2011 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
I noticed though.... even though it's sad and all, the build up to Chihaya just overshadowed the entire Takane episode? I think half of the posts about the ep was nothing about the shit hitting the fan about Chihaya's past.

Oh yeah, about Takane. She's mysterious and no one knows of her past. That's her selling point.

But I just KNEW there was a reason why she's my favorite....
Feb 3, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2009
Seems Takane is comes from a wealthy family, likely from Kyoto. She probably doesn't want the media making a big deal of it, so she doesn't tell anyone.

And...my fellow Chihaya fans, I join you in my anxious and worried anticipation awaiting the next episode. I thought I'd spoiled myself, but those spoilers (her parents had a messy divorce and she watched her brother die) were present in the cliffhanger at the end of this episode, so I'm going to hope all the emotion and drama is in the presentation.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 4, 2012 6:39 AM

Aug 2008
You're gonna fucking love it.
Feb 29, 2012 5:58 AM
Sep 2009
Takane kicking ass and having ninja-liked senses was cool. Still didn't find out much about her background though, i'm still pretty much hooked on that
Nov 28, 2012 5:03 PM

Oct 2011
Nice episode, next episode we finally get to know the secret about the death of Chihaya's littler brother.. though without knowing about it, it's already sad enough that Kuroi uses it for an article. Stupid fag who should burn in hell.. :/
Jan 10, 2013 3:18 AM

Nov 2011
Takane is one of my favorite idol so I quite enjoy this episode. The fact that she is mysterious make her more interesting, I won't be surprised if she turn out to be a real princess.

Jan 14, 2013 6:43 AM

Sep 2011
Episode was okay. I don't have any problems with Takane, but she isn't very interesting to me.

But damn, fucking Kuroi messing with Chihaya now. I expected her past to be something like that, if it's really true and not just another false story. Can't wait to see the next one, it's probably gonna be pretty emotional.
Jun 16, 2013 6:36 PM

Mar 2011
Looks like feels will be had next episode.
Jul 17, 2013 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, sad one to come
Jan 10, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2013
Now it's Takane's turn, but another of Kuroi's acts in cheating their way through popularity. Good thing the camera was exposed and cleared out, as well as Jupiter finding the truth about their manager's act. It's Chihaya's turn and now, it doesn't look good...

Mar 2, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2012
I love Takane's voice, it just adds to her mystique. It'd be nice to see more of her. When they were taking pictures of her with the old man, I thought they'd make an even worse scandal out of it but glad that wasn't the case. But going after Chihaya like that is messed up, there's some just some lines you don't cross. Hope 765 Pro outshines 961 despite everything they're doing.
Mar 16, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2012
That ending was nice but the episode was a bit weak.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ousto - Nov 17, 2011

204 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 10, 1:39 AM

» Do you have the original (this one) in order to watch million live and cinderella girls

FruityLime - Dec 9, 2023

1 by Mardhav_2007 »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ousto - Jul 28, 2011

80 by Javen_the_Jammy »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ousto - Dec 22, 2011

136 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Jul 7, 2011

191 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.