Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The truth behind the deads (three through bomb truck, and two in statue) in elections... The elector's son's female friend killed two because she didn't consider three as heroes.

Miyu-Miyu police's gets more action, that's good.

One time the guy guessed wrong.

The data is with the two to help out with the guy getting up.

Being alive is ugly?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 10, 2011 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
Ah balls, after a great episode 3 and bloody amazing episode 4, I thought maybe this show would become something special. But nope, back to old habits -_-

I hope this show has more mysteries that span more than one episode
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Nov 10, 2011 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Who sew Kazamori together again?
Nov 10, 2011 10:45 AM
Nov 2010
The ending minutes of this episode were really cool...:)
Nov 10, 2011 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
I like this show is differnet just hope we get to see all the people in the outro. I guess that one dude with Yuuki is his father or something.

This anime has the best ending this season.
Nov 10, 2011 11:53 AM

Oct 2010
Random info gathering:
  • Shimada Hakurou /Rising Sun
  • Yamamoto Teishin/Ex- Bodyguard of Hakurou+Yakuza affiliate
  • Ootsubo Tetsuya /Member of Rising Sun+bodyguard of Hakurou
  • Hirato Youko/ Jirou’s friend sculptor
  • Jirou Shimada/Son of Shimada
  • Mitsuhisa+Gomi/they work for Yamamoto and were former members of party.
  • Found murdered in the statue. Culprit?
  • Trojan Horse strategy???
  • Hayami Seigen/Director of Security bureau Metropolitan Department.
As you can see lots of stuff to remember.

The loli robot was perfect in the following,

that stitch says it all. Perfect solution to all the pedo shit in the world. After all like its founder said, it's robot so who cares. Does not matter what the robot is but the fact that ethics and morals apply only towards living things excludes all robots. So what is pedo cannot be due to ti applying to only living things. The principals may to an extent apply eventually to robots but it's a waste of time .

IMO from the last episode philosophy was quite high with the robot and Sasa will continue that philosophy as Yuuki in this episode when she mentions to please him blushes. Which means he considers her human like but in fact Yuuki was being just true to his feelings. I will stop that here.

I think this was a good episode and I think the student in the beginning were stupid. Oh come on! Anyone could throw the bomb far away safely.

There is another thing that angered me. That is the following,

Yuuki, I want to punch you so bad for being a lame shit ass in that part. Being all down is going to do BS anywhere and anytime. On top of that you made Rie cry? Oh you! You!

BTW Image Stitches done in BLOG:
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=468279
Hirata and the loli robot are nicely done. Although Hirata looks really slutty in one of them.
Yumekichi11Nov 14, 2011 10:04 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2011 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
android loli. all I cared about this episode.
Nov 10, 2011 12:19 PM
Sep 2011
This episode certainly got my head spinning, so many information in only 20 minutes. I would have prefered this case coverering two episodes but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

It was good to see some explanation to Shinjirou's relationship with Inga, it looks like he is just the kind of person who sacrifices himself for the sake of others, the kind of person he claims to be nonexistent at least at the beginning of this episode.
Nov 10, 2011 12:53 PM

Jun 2011
Liked this episode

Agreed with Lestrade about the info bit I was seriously confused like nuts

@Yumikichi - I think the bomb was attached to car + the bomb went off early and I think they tried to drive it out + run but *boom*

I liked this episode a lot of character devs. Inga in beast mode lol.

Fav part: Inga straddling Yuuki (ok maybe not to that extent but you know what i mean). I'm not sure what I feel about that since he's in testosterone mode (haha) I'm getting some really weird bi vibes from this anime :O
Nov 10, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
roflrangrlol said:
@Yumikichi - I think the bomb was attached to car + the bomb went off early and I think they tried to drive it out + run but *boom*
I did not look like it was attached to the car at all. Furthermore there was about 1 minute left.

Anyone could have taken that bomb and in less than 30 seconds throw it out far. Especially with a good throwing hand.

Nov 10, 2011 1:57 PM

Jul 2011
Enjoyable episode.
The topics at hand are far more interesting than the mystery cases themselves, each centering around mankind and its nature on a more metaphysical plane / philosophical.
From previous episodes, there have been complaints about how simple the cases are and how easily they're resolved; Sure. However, the issues and questions brought up with each case are far from simple - in which topics like moral/ethics, truth, justice are dealt with ; some more on the surface than others, but they're all there.

Now as for Inga, he's still a mystery of his own - only referred to as a mysterious 'bishounen' who's following Shinjurou in the source material.
Rather akin to a familiar spirit in terms of function, it'll be interesting to find out what more he's capable of in shota-form.

Yumekichi11 said:

that stitch says it all. Perfect solution to all the pedo shit in the world. After all like its founder said, it's robot so who cares. Does not matter what the robot is but the fact that ethics and morals apply only towards living things excludes all robots.

But includes humans.
The moral of the story isn't about who/what he practiced his fantasies on - sexual exploitation mixed with physical abuse ; but the very fact that he did it.
It could've been an inanimate object for all we care - although the extent he made those robots 'human-like' made it all the more questionable ; Komamori claimed he did no harm by acting out those fantasies on robots, Yuuki questioned him where his human sense of "what's right" (moral) was, which he had obviously abandoned long ago.

Your solution would be that no human child would get harmed - Fair enough, but it wouldn't stop pedophiles from pedophiling.
Nov 10, 2011 2:23 PM

Oct 2011
well it was a good episode but not as good as the previous one
but at least now we know the relationship between Inga and Yuuki
i don't like how the cases gets solved in only one episode in this anime
i would prefer if it gets solved in two episode at least
that makes the case more interesting and exciting for me
oh well hopefully the next episode will be as great as the previous one
Nov 10, 2011 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
Cydonia said:
Yumekichi11 said:

that stitch says it all. Perfect solution to all the pedo shit in the world. After all like its founder said, it's robot so who cares. Does not matter what the robot is but the fact that ethics and morals apply only towards living things excludes all robots.
But includes humans.
The moral of the story isn't about who/what he practices his fantasies on - sexual exploitation mixed with physical abuse ; but the very fact that he did it.
It could've been an inanimate object for all we care - although the extent he made those robots 'human-like' made it all the more questionable ; Komamori claimed he did no harm by acting out those fantasies on robots, Yuuki questioned him where his human sense of "what's right" (moral) was, which he had obviously abandoned long ago.

Your solution would be that no human child would get harmed - Fair enough, but it wouldn't stop pedophiles from pedophiling.
Agreed but it does continue from last episode's robotics and will most likely have bits an pieces as long as Sasa is around. For now I engaged just the segment where he blushes out but once there is more I will say more. For now it's an interesting topic in this anime series since last episode.

It would stop eventually if you consider the therapy sessions and possibilities they can have if you can factor in the robot being a tool of replacement. The only other thing left is to convince there hard head ones of the realism so that they can put out their sexual frustration on them. Some are hard heads that will never accept the robot as any alternative to anything.

Nov 10, 2011 2:49 PM

Jul 2011
So far the show's shitty in the traditional mystery show aspect, the mysteries are retardedly easy. However, the show does leave open a lot of questions, which I guess does contribute to the mystery aspect. However Inga is a shitty character, and forever will be one. Irritating and useless, redundant and pointless, waste of space, etc.

Episode was actually pretty enjoyable. 4/5

mdzNov 10, 2011 3:52 PM
Nov 10, 2011 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Was alright.
I enjoyed the plot in this one. And the answer to the case was reasonable too, unlike some of the earlier ones.

Rie is sooo shallow though. She's doesn't have any interesting traits about her. Horrible character.
Nov 10, 2011 3:06 PM

Feb 2010
I like how the guy at the end didn't bat an eye at all when boy!Inga tore open a god damn tank, but gets frustrated because his gold has been found out.
Nov 10, 2011 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
Watching this is always entertaining; sign of a good show.

Review be damned. :P
Nov 10, 2011 3:53 PM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Agreed but it does continue from last episode's robotics and will most likely have bits an pieces as long as Sasa is around. For now I engaged just the segment where he blushes out but once there is more I will say more. For now it's an interesting topic in this anime series since last episode.

It would stop eventually if you consider the therapy sessions and possibilities they can have if you can factor in the robot being a tool of replacement. The only other thing left is to convince there hard head ones of the realism so that they can put out their sexual frustration on them. Some are hard heads that will never accept the robot as any alternative to anything.

Well carry on ; the last case was just a highly entertaining one to my philosophy geek.

Not sure what'd work in Komamori's case,
haven't read much into the psychology of pedophiles, but it's interesting nonetheless.
So far, the behavior and expression of it can only be repressed or reduced, but it can't be fully eliminated or "cured" - though castration (either physical or chemical) appears to be highly effective.
Nov 10, 2011 4:25 PM

May 2011
This is another story that got me thinking, there was tons of possiblities but i can't believe the guy stored gold in the tank. I just think Inga is soooo annyoing(being voice by the girl who did yui hirasawa's voice is a good reason). anyway I think it was a decent episode.
Nov 10, 2011 4:42 PM

Jun 2011
Back to it's episodic traditions, I see.
Nov 10, 2011 6:07 PM

Jun 2011
I think that this anime is getting interesting...
Nov 10, 2011 7:27 PM

Oct 2010
Man do I love when shows end like that. That was some Jason bourne type shit right there
Nov 10, 2011 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
So let's review what we know about Inga:

1. S/he is not human.
2. S/he has at least two forms and switches between.
3. S/he eats souls.
4. S/he has supernatural strength.
5. S/he has an agreement with the main character (and is the boss in that agreement).

Smells like a demon to me.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 10, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2011
Meh episode a little predictable.

Loli Robot was cute...

Inga is still a mystery specially with all s/his abilities now Steroids mode.

lets see if they can come back to the lvl of episodes 3 and 4.
Nov 10, 2011 11:48 PM

Apr 2010
I love how nobody has ever questioned who the hell Inga is and how people have no choice but to answer her question. I also love how Shimada didn't wonder how the hell a kid ripped off the side of a tank. Haha!
Nov 11, 2011 1:19 AM

Apr 2011
This episode had some awesome OST's and we finally got a taste of much-needed character development.
Nov 11, 2011 1:50 AM
Nov 2009
I can get how the person who drove the bomb truck away might be considered a hero and all that, but how exactly were the guys who sat in the passenger seat and the back heroes? What did they contribute?

"Okay the truck's going to blow, but someone's willing to drive it away. LET'S GET INSIDE ANYHOW!!!"

Better title for the statue would've been the hero and the two idiots.

Mystery itself kind of sucked too.
Nov 11, 2011 3:46 AM

Oct 2010
Best thing of the whole episode was the loli...

This episode was a bit of a let down after the last one imo...

Nov 11, 2011 5:29 AM

Jun 2010
So only one died in the explosion ? The two jumped out ?
And the girl somehow managed to capture the two without witnesses and brought
them home and killed them for money ? But why do have to kill them ?

I watch the raw version always can understand most of what they are saying but didn't get this at all.

And that Bill Gates guy's daughter kicking Shinjuro in his back head.
It's weird that Japanese anime people like to see girls beating guys. Is it that awkward ?
Like is it like gay stuff ? Girl should be so gentle but she is beating a guy ! Hahaha omg that is
so awkward and funny.
That must be wut they are thinking. I personally thought that was very offensive. Shinjuro
should just beat that horse riding bitch.

Inga uses brutal strength. He also used her spit it out curse. Shinjuro says " This makes people
tell the truth."

People's reaction. "Okay."

Me : ...So aren't they surprised ? Inga is not a human...Is that natural ? I guess it's fine with u guys okay...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2011 2:43 PM

Aug 2010
I find this episode extremely boring.
Nov 11, 2011 3:00 PM
Aug 2011
pieceofshota said:

Inga uses brutal strength. He also used her spit it out curse. Shinjuro says " This makes people
tell the truth."

People's reaction. "Okay."

Me : ...So aren't they surprised ? Inga is not a human...Is that natural ? I guess it's fine with u guys okay...

I am right there with you. It surprises me how calm that guy was watching Inga tear apart a tank. Also the fact that no one questions Inga at all.
Nov 11, 2011 3:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Hmm, yes, I've got mixed thoughts on this series so far also. As many have already said, this series has both good and not so good points, and some things that just don't make sense. I already decided long ago the 'cases' were just window dressing for the story being told, little by little, with each episode. I'm enjoying the themes being addressed, but some things, such as peoples' mostly non-reaction to Inga, are to jarring. Overall I like it, but it still feels to rushed.

pieceofshota said:
So only one died in the explosion ? The two jumped out ?
And the girl somehow managed to capture the two without witnesses and brought
them home and killed them for money ? But why do have to kill them ?

I'm fairly sure all three were killed. The two the sculpture killed were different, and she killed them for one simple reason - greed; she wanted it all.
sakaNov 12, 2011 7:53 PM
Nov 11, 2011 4:46 PM

Oct 2010
There is something that bugs me. If Yuuki feeds souls to Inga the person should be dead right away or later on. Yet somehow it's thee truths that get metamorphosed into souls. So my question is How does that work exactly???? It makes no sense how can a truth become a soul of a person yet perhaps those people may be marked like in Jigoku Shoujo. So nothing really is explained over Inga's contract with Yuuki except for the souls thing and truths.

Nov 11, 2011 5:49 PM
Nov 2008
Mynax said:

This episode was a bit of a let down after the last one imo...
Nov 12, 2011 12:19 AM

Jan 2011
Can some one for the love of god explain why all 3 of them were in the truck I mean yeah someone had to drive it but what purpose did the one guy just sitting in the back serve?! I mean come on :/ is there something i'm missing here?, after that ending Inga is my sole reason for watching this show.
Nov 12, 2011 2:06 AM
Aug 2009
Didn't know it took 3 to drive a car...i usually manage on my own
Nov 12, 2011 3:17 AM

Jun 2010
andryuu said:
lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2011 4:38 AM

Oct 2007
andryuu said:
I think Steve Jobs would say something like "you did it wrong." if he were still alive.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 12, 2011 6:55 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
Can some one for the love of god explain why all 3 of them were in the truck I mean yeah someone had to drive it but what purpose did the one guy just sitting in the back serve?! I mean come on :/ is there something i'm missing here?, after that ending Inga is my sole reason for watching this show.

Maybe there was a typo in the script - the writer meant "Lee drives away in the truck and it explodes", but the proof reader thought it meant "three drive away in the truck and it explodes"?

Also, automated spell checkers can do some odd things, you know.

OK, so maybe I'm reaching here... ;)
Nov 12, 2011 9:27 AM

Nov 2009

this stance... seems pretty familiar
Nov 12, 2011 11:38 AM

Jun 2008
Easily the best episode yet. For once it actually felt like a detective show.
Nov 12, 2011 12:26 PM

Jan 2011
andryuu said:

L.O.L.
Nov 12, 2011 2:27 PM

Jul 2011
My fave so far, very enjoyable episode. Interesting to see how shaken Shinjuurou belief was when the guy who had the most motive was innocent of murder atleast.

julesvelzevules said:

That pose never gets old, it wouldn't suprise me to find out that the creators of this series drew inspiration in some ways from the ace attorney games. Inga's transformation and use reminds me of Maya's channelling technique. Both are quite the oddball character in their pair as well.
Nov 13, 2011 11:15 AM
Nov 2008
katsu044 said:

The bomb blew up before the timer ran out. At least I remember something like that mentioned. I think they wanted to dump the car somewhere where it could safely detonate.
Nov 13, 2011 8:58 PM

Jan 2011
Malestel said:
katsu044 said:

The bomb blew up before the timer ran out. At least I remember something like that mentioned. I think they wanted to dump the car somewhere where it could safely detonate.
Again that still doesn't explain why it took *all 3 of them* this same thing could had happened with just 1 person,would had made more sense if the car stopped working and they had to push it.

-confused
Nov 13, 2011 10:30 PM
Nov 2011
Good episode, in my opinion. The anime is good too, though nothing awesome. It has it's anomalies, like, abrupt and incomplete endings for example. One of the things that surprise me is that the people (near the cases) really believe the defeated detective that whatever Inga asks, even if a single question, that have to be answered truthfully. I mean, if the cases are set in real life, just how do they reach the court? How do the lawyers define the supernatural happening?

The (main) characters are likable, though. I would love to know the real Inga, and how they both met and all. This case was quite simple, and well, was given much free time—so that the watchers use their own brains to solve the thing, unlike last 4 episodes which seemed too hurried up.
Nov 14, 2011 12:56 AM

Feb 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Easily the best episode yet. For once it actually felt like a detective show.
Nov 14, 2011 8:17 AM

Jul 2010
katsu044 said:
Malestel said:
katsu044 said:

Again that still doesn't explain why it took *all 3 of them* this same thing could had happened with just 1 person,would had made more sense if the car stopped working and they had to push it.

-confused

seriously!? you being confused doesn't make sense
its either you haven't heard of "heroism" or "conspiracy"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 14, 2011 9:51 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AmberFebruary said:
seriously!? you being confused doesn't make sense
its either you haven't heard of "heroism" or "conspiracy"

Hmm. Was that really necessary?

Whatever, I think it's a fair question. Not everyone lives in an environment where such things need to be thought about, or even have a good frame of reference to what it really means. There is a world of difference in understanding between somebody who has only seen violence on TV/Movie dramas and someone who has actually been involved in such things or seen friends die. From personal experience, your world view tends to change after the first time you've had a gun pointed at you.

Logically, it takes only one person to drive the truck to safety, whether that one person intents to stay with it to the end or not. But when you are talking about political and revolutionary movements, usually what is logical changes completely depending upon which side of the fence you are on, which is why most people can't understand suicide bombers, for instance. In particular and specifically to this show, there was a strong implication that those three were *ordered* to all get into the truck, and since they were members of a group where loyalty to the cause or the requirement to obey (as is typical of any military organization) was more important than individual rights, and the 'leader' saw that three martyrs would be better than one, then that may have been what happened.
Nov 14, 2011 9:52 AM

Aug 2007
julesvelzevules said:

QFT. Only is Ace Attorney at least twenty times cooler than this crap. I miss Oldbag...

Also, I don't see why such a small explosion could destroy an entire building... Rie crying for nothing, tch.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 20, 2011

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.