Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2013 1:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
opiumJ said:

Although - how sad a line was that: "If... I can live on, I'll go and buy a small mirror somewhere and practice smiling".

Very. I started crying when she said that. Although she seemed pretty much like a crazy bitch for most of the time she had on screen, this episode made me understand her more, because she had tons of regret ;_;
Tsunade14 said:
One of my favorite anime couples!! I think they're more interesting then Eureka and Renton.

Dominic x Anemone is my favorite couple, along with Holland x Talho. Eureka and Renton...they're cute, I guess, but far less interesting than the other two three couples in the series (Ray and Charles ;)) Gulliver was adorable, helping them in the air. I love the way Dominic confessed, and then Anemone kissed his forehead. He's so cute! Aside from the lovely romance scenes, I gotta say, I laughed a little too hard when The End became white all of the sudden. That was cheesy...but it was still sad the way it sacrificed itself to protect the two.
Sep 18, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
Was the episode cheesy? Of course! Was it emotional and moving? OH YES. ;-;
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 19, 2013 12:17 AM
May 2013
This was the best episode of Eureka 7.
Dominic and Anemone made me enjoy this anime.
Feb 16, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
This was a very moving episode, i was in tears when Dominic and Anemone were calling to eachother.

Also when Anemone pet thing grabbed both of them and put their hands together that was very cute.

When he said "I love you!" and she quickly kissed him, omg.
My Candies:
Apr 26, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2008
Everybody cried. I wanted to as well, but it was just too cheesy for my taste, I guess..
Jun 24, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2012
That was a great episode. My favorite ship finally came! Who cares if the universe tears apart, at least Anemone & Dominic confessed theirs feelings T_T

lol now that I've seen him so much, I realized Gulliver looks like something pulled from Studio Ghibli, like from the Totoro film or something. He's pretty cool.

Jul 6, 2014 11:39 AM

Sep 2013
Im happy for dominic and anemone though that "falling from the sky" thing is a tad cheesy.

So earth is inside the scub coral? then how is the sun shining on earth? and I though the trapar is too thin on earth then how are they riding it?

#DeweysBigRedButton
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 21, 2014 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
How many times have I thought 'this episode is the best so far'.

It was really sad watching Anemone.. so happy for Domic and Anemone.. plus the ksis scene.. just so touching !!
When will it ever be Eureka and Renton's turn ?

Oh no.. everything is blown up. How will this end ??
Jul 22, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2013
When The End changed its color, I realized they never explained where the military got The End and why it's so powerful. Will remain one of the many mysteries of the universe I guess. But yay for Dominic and Anemone! We should all be grateful Dewey's an idiot for not making sure Anemone injected the meds :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 13, 2014 8:36 PM
Mar 2012
Uh, I feel like I skipped a few episodes forward....since when did Amenone like Dominic? That's been an extremely one sided thing forthe entire series, so this was very random and sudden ( now that I think of it, Eureka's switch from a commander Data type emotionless figure to a swooning Julliet was also whiplash inducing).

That said I didn't mind this episode, sometimes the cheesy love scene works because you were rooting for it and thought the characters involved deserved it. I actually like Dominic better than Renton, so I'm all for dude getting his.
Aug 20, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2012
Damn that scene with Anemone and Dominic! Really epic episode, these last few episodes are just damn impressive, what love can do right!
Oct 18, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
Beautiful episode....so much emotions .... that's how you convey your feelings .... SHoutout to Dominic and Anemone
Dec 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Confessing while falling from the sky, neat. Damn, just when theLfo was changing he died protecting Dominic and Anemone. Nivarsh stay hanging¡!
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 24, 2015 6:13 PM

Nov 2014
Wow I was crying the moments with Dominic and Anemone were so sad and touching. 2 episodes left :(
Feb 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
The End... Anemone... Dominic... Quite the emotive episode :'(
At least, Anemone and Dominic have been able to make it out alive. As sad as it is and even if the End was an ultimate badass, his destroyal turn a page on Anemone history. She's liberated from the chains Dewey had put on her. They also make a really cute couple. He should be careful though, she have shown to be a mix of tsundere and yandere. That's pretty damn dangerous.

Now, the big question : was the Scab Coral destroyed? If so, all their effort will have been vain... Adrock and Dianne paradise will have vanished. It would be awful :/

Dewey is retarded. What is the point of putting a massive defense line if you don't give a shit when the enemy sneak past? How did that guy became a colonel, I don't even...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 27, 2015 12:34 PM

May 2014
DangerMouseDM said:
Same here DaWizard, my favorite episode, love that entire part with Anemone and Dominic!

xAvengerx said:

Actually didn't she have the hots for Dewey? I agree though it did feel pretty corny to see her do such a big 180.

Nope she didn't, even though it did appear that she cared about him and respected him at first at the beginning of the show. Listen to Anemone's song from earlier, "No one knows nothing, knows nothing about me. Everyone is watching, just watching a lie." about how she's living a lie and it's an act, probably tied to the need to be useful so as not to be thrown away, disposed of and replaced (which is what Dewey intended to do due to her failures against Gekkostate but none of the replacements survived the process, which Dominic and the others witnessed, leaving Anemone still the only one to ever survive). She completely despises him (the moment at the end of the dance also reveals this).

In addition to this, Anemone's hatred and fear of Dewey can be seen pretty early on in the show, that is if you pay close attention to the way she acts (which can be a little difficult to do in an entire watch through of the show with how far apart her small scenes are spaced). For example, look at the episode in which she pins Dominic against a wall (forgive me for failing to recall the episode number), she says, fearfully, something among the lines of, "Dewey's going to kill us." Though it isn't quite as obvious during a first time watching of Eureka Seven, once being aware of this fact as it is revealed close to the end of the series, it is can be easier to see that Anemone was simply putting on an act all along.

And regarding the sudden and "crappy" 180 Anemone seemed to have taken; as I said before, through the eyes as someone who is watching Eureka Seven for the first time, this can seem to be the case. However, if you look a bit closer, a well founded theory which says that she's been in love with him all along can seem to be a bit more true. According to the manga, Dominic and Anemone have known one another since they were kids (I know that the manga and the anime have only a few similarities, just stay with me) as orphans of Warsaw, both adopted by Dewey and being raised to be soldiers. As I said, this is only canon to the manga, so everything may not hold up for the anime until I mention the fourth anime ending, which features a slide show of the aftermath of the Warsaw incident (the result of ethnic cleansing during a civil war which occurred prior to the series' beginning). In this, we see both a picture of a young Dominic (likely having just lost his family as he mentions to Captain Jurgens in episode 44), and a young Anemone, who stands amongst the rubble of a demolished building with Gulliver. While I am not saying that this is written in stone, this may suggest that she and Dominic could've known one another before the show began (besides, Dominic announces his love for Anemone only two episodes after her debut; if he just met her, there's no way he could be so willing to out his life on the line for her unless he's known her longer). Sadly, this is pretty much the only evidence we have, and therefore the theory doesn't hold up as much as it could've. Personally, I find this to be a shame simply because if the anime combined some of the elements the manga had regarding their relationship, their story probably would've made the best in the entire series.
264354287Apr 27, 2015 2:29 PM
Feb 27, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
Woah, this episode is amazing. I've never cried from watching any form of media, but this episode brought me the closest, more than Hotaru no Haka or even After Story.
Aug 23, 2016 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
Good episode. Animation quality was really splendid. I'm pretty emotional and cry, but not for this show. Why does everyone on MAL always cry all the time.
Feb 1, 2017 1:00 PM
Aug 2014
I was wondering how they were going to keep Renton from killing; as he hasn't done so since he realised he was, and it was by completely changing Anemones personality; which is such a cop-out. Why would she not carry out her mission even if she is missing Dominic (she has carried out multiple since Dominic left) and even if we take the giant leap that she doesn't care any more about the mission now that Dominic is gone, why the hell would she jump out of a superfast aircraft and jump after him instead. Makes no sense other than to get rid of The End, who would up dying protecting the two of them.

Which raises another point, those mechas were found in the coral and if they are sentient that means they are coral, every other sentient being had already been assimilated. Then why would it attack it's own kind even of it's own free will. Makes no sense either.

Talking about making no sense;if the dormant coral wakes up it would destroy the universe because of the Limitation Question, but there didn't appear to be that many humans living on the planet; so when the coral wasn't dormant yet it must have already surpassed the Limitation Question .
Jul 6, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
Ha Nirvash is crippled and the end is gone as well as the control cluster....yeah they are in trouble.
Oct 12, 2017 7:28 AM

Nov 2014
I've been assuming for awhile now that Dominic and Anemone were going to be the tragic couple in this story, just the way things kept turning out there didn't seem much hope for them. I wanted them together but it just didn't seem possible.

And then this episode trumped all expectations, the confession was just wonderful.

Although they might have a very short life to spend together since Dewey has apparently won.

Oct 15, 2017 1:35 PM
Mar 2017
lol, because of my imagination, when The End appears and Nirvash moved alone I thought:
TheEnd: We'll see each other again! nirvash fk you
Nirvash: yameteeee TheEeend!
--
BEATIFUL!

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 24, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
That was easily my favourite episode of the entire show!!!

Dominic and Anemone together, confessing their feelings and being cute!!! OMG <33333

He's so cute and hot <3 and so is she, two cute people who deserve each others love.

Falling in the sky and kissing <33

It made me cry, it was too beautiful <333
Aug 2, 2019 3:50 PM

Apr 2019
Well, I expected a lot more of action after all the stuff about 2 ships against thousands but the whole anime has been a bit anticlimatic in the action department for me, maybe I just want too much blood. Since violence goes against the message of the anime I'm fine with it though.

I'm glad my boy Dominic finally got together with Anemone. I disagree about the comments that her character did an 180. Well, at least not in this episode. It was clear that she liked Dominic in the last episodes.

So, the Control Cluster being destroyed makes it clear that Earth wasn't a dream. But what now? The Coral Scubs will awake and the Question limitation bullshit will happen? The Coral Scubs are gone?
Dec 22, 2019 4:48 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, I didn't expect that someone would suddenly start to cut onions.

Great romantic scene with Dominic and Anemone.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 2020 7:58 AM
Mar 2019
What an absolute rollercoaster of an episode! I continue to believe Dominic and Aenemone's story is much more interesting and well written than Renton and Eureka's. Aenemone accepted her true feelings about life and love; what a great development of a character who previously lashed out at the one who always wanted to save her, who had no escape from the pain beside drugs, and has now found a purpose in life in her true love Dominic.
I was not expecting to feel so sad when the explosion started eroding away at TheEND. It seemed almost symbolic in a way, Aenemone shedding the shell of her former self in order to feel fulfilment in life and love. A truly beautiful story.

And goddamn, Dominic must be one jacked mother fucker to have that fat ass bear/dog jump on his shoulder like its nothing.

Some really gorgeous animation this episode as well. Very sporadic and full of energy. Great cinematography too, some of those shots from the final sequence of the explosion was very captivating and I'm a sucker for 'falling from the sky' type shots like the one of Dominc and Aenemone holding each other as they drop out of the sky.

264354287 said:

And regarding the sudden and "crappy" 180 Anemone seemed to have taken; as I said before, through the eyes as someone who is watching Eureka Seven for the first time, this can seem to be the case. However, if you look a bit closer, a well founded theory which says that she's been in love with him all along can seem to be a bit more true. According to the manga, Dominic and Anemone have known one another since they were kids (I know that the manga and the anime have only a few similarities, just stay with me) as orphans of Warsaw, both adopted by Dewey and being raised to be soldiers. As I said, this is only canon to the manga, so everything may not hold up for the anime until I mention the fourth anime ending,

I have to say, I got the impression from this episode that Aenemone had finally realized Dominic was the only one who truly cared for her, specifically when he dropped out of the sky and came after her. It might seem like a sudden shift like how many are saying in this forum, but I interpreted this episode to show Aenemone acknowledges she had been used by Dewey, and Dominc was the only one to treat her like a human. I was not aware Dominc was a war orphan but with the knowledge that they both grew up together, I think this "180 shift" is even more justified than originally perceived.
I am curious as to how much else the anime changed from the manga, because the idea sounded really cool to me at first, and I was totally engaged with the show up until the last 15 or so episodes. In a past thread I made the argument that the Charles and Rey arc was the last good arc of the series. I really didn't expect the show to turn into this whole "save the world" narrative. And now that we are nearing the end of this final arc, I admit the arc wasn't awful, but definitely on the weaker end of the story as a whole.
KidLeafSep 23, 2020 8:12 AM
Nov 13, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good emotional episode.
Dec 12, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2019
Anemone was just attacking my heart this episode, when she said ' i'm gonna buy a small mirror and practice smiling' man that totally hit me.

I love her, love the episode, love Domnic, loved the sooundtrack that was doing an amazing job and the way the story's been progressing.

The End, who knew i would get bummed out to what happened to you.......
Dec 12, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2019
just re-watched the episode and still totally loved it and different meanings or interpretations of the episode.

Anemone still made me cry T_T

i Love her (><)
Dec 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Jul 2017
I feel like the show's rushing to an ending clearly, but regardless, this was a really good episode. I didn't find it that emotional since Anemone's character is really inconsistent when it comes to appearances (she appears once every blue moon at times) so that connection with her is lacking but I do find it encouraging to see her want to live, want to grow and just give life a chance after seemingly giving up mentally. She's been put through a lot of pain the entire show, while losing battles on top of all the emotional struggles she's had trying to deal with everything but with the help of Eureka, Renton and most importantly, Dominic, it's nice to see her find light at the end of the tunnel. Great visuals/music too for this episode, and the scene with Renton and Eureka holding hands towards Anemone, showing that there is hope for love and a future was pretty damn cool.
Aug 2, 2021 9:03 PM
Jul 2021
Yeah, my favorite episode is definitely 48. I just re-watched the episode during this pandemic and still love E7.

The scene that Dominic appears and the reaction when Anemone regretted firing the Vascud Crisis, the way they kiss each other etc.

I really prefer Eureka 7 to Darling in the Franxx.
thliawAug 2, 2021 9:11 PM
Oct 27, 2021 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
Shoutout to USA's flag still sitting idly by on the moon after over 10,000 years! It's probably the only proof of USA's only existence in the current time.

Cheesy little turn of events aside, I have always longed for Anemone and Dominic to get together, they just didn't have the space for their love to grow, but now that they do and now that they've reunited, they can finally confess their affection towards one another, and ma man Dominic deserved that kiss (now without the feisty biting) from Anemone. TheEnd changing its color was stupid, I cannot lie, but its sacrifice at the end there was heroic as fuck, seems like TheEnd has come to the end of its life.

Still... To be real though, Anemone's sudden love for Dominic is bullshit, she has never shown Dominic even the slightest form of affection aside from frequently communicating with him and that's mainly because of Dominic's role in the military. You're telling me she somehow realized that she has loved him when the man himself isn't interacting with her anymore? What on Earth??? I cannot take this sudden turn of event that seriously, although I'm loving this new relationship between the two of them, it's not natural at all. It's almost superficial. A far cry from the relationship between Renton and Eureka, though they had way more screentime.

The aerial battle between the Nirvash dn TheEnd is one of the best in the series, and to top it all off, we got the mother of all beams striking upon the Earth for the heaven, my god the amount of absolute destructive force it has is fucking insane, to top it all off, the weapon is running on clean solar energy? Fuck nuclear weapons when you can have a total annihilation beam of death that can pierce kilometres of thick subterranean grounds.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.