Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2011 7:47 AM

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i didnt realize how i missed ichigo fighting hollows until i saw this episode... he didnt do so well -__- well at least that made him decide to go fullbring and not just cower like a pussy in a corner while his friends and family were protecting him.
hopefully in the next episode he finally gets some power back.. ive been waiting for a while now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2011 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
why is there another thread? =x
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 8, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
not sure... probably because wen i added the episode it said that a discussion thread wasnt started. someone started the thread wrong -___-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2011 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode. For not being able to see the Hollow at all and being at pretty much human strength, he fought it pretty well.
As far as I can remember, that scene didn't happen in the manga (correct me if I'm wrong), it was a nice addition.

Haha! The Shinigami Cup at the end with Ginjou made me laugh.

Oh god, the pig thing is in the next episode -_- thaaaat was strange...
Nov 8, 2011 10:34 AM
Sep 2007
They actually have cars in Bleach, as well as random people.
Nov 8, 2011 10:36 AM

Feb 2010
Oh well, let me just paste my post here then.. since this one looks 'official'. =x

Yuzu so cute with the strawberry (ichigo) hair accessory.. xD

and wazzup with the awesome new BGM?? xD

the nonsensical ending part featuring Ginjo was so funny. xD

Cant get enough of the new ED.. My bf watched the first 2 episode of the new arc (because he like to watch 1 whole arc at once and he reads the manga) and he commented that the OP made Ichigo look like some 'flower boy'.. LOL! xD
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 8, 2011 10:39 AM

Oct 2010
Even if it was all filler basicaly, it wasn't bad really. Im liking how they fillerize the main story, for some reason it just makes it flow better.

Doll House next week, hope it makes better sense in anime form...

Nov 8, 2011 10:56 AM
Nov 2010
Riruka is so tsundere....I love it.
Nov 8, 2011 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
Lol Riruka is totally into Ichigo :D...loved her stalking ...
new BGM was awesome!
and Ginjo the best at the end :D
Nov 8, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
Very little happened in this episode storywise, but i still liked it and i cant wait for the next episode where they apparently train him by pitting Ichigo against a monster doll...

It was nice seeing how stubborn Ichigo was with him being all "Soul Reaper business is over for me. Dont need it anymore." and only until he and his sister get attacked infront of his eyes he decides to go with Ginjo. A lot of humans do this in real life. Nice to see he still has those qualities, even though they don't go well with the hero-model.

Jackie looks like a woman from a distance, but up close she still nasty looking.
Nov 8, 2011 12:24 PM

Jun 2011
great episode the action is starting up
Nov 8, 2011 2:15 PM

Feb 2011
Well atleast it made sense, I guess. A filler that connects to the plot and yet keeps the it away from the manga, speaking of killing two birds with one stone...not bad.

And lol@ at Ginjo's explanation at the end.
Nov 8, 2011 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
Not from the manga.. Nice to see how Ichigo had to fare because of no powers.

I enjoyed it a lot; in the manga, I felt Ichigo's impulsiveness to get the fullbring powers was wrongly portrayed. This made it more interesting.

And I love Riruka! She wasn't this annoying and awesome in the manga xD
Nov 8, 2011 3:13 PM

Jan 2010
Surprisingly, they adapted this well. In the manga everything seemed rush. This is going to make the plot twist at the more... realistic.

Alos love Yukio's voice. I always thought they were put a female seiyu. Way better voice than the oter young boys characters like Toshiro or Jinta
Nov 8, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
Wewt, seems like Ichigo will get his powers back, finally!
Nov 8, 2011 3:49 PM

Apr 2011
Ginjou in the end was LOL.xD Ichigo training will start next week.;)
Nov 8, 2011 5:32 PM

Mar 2011
This episode had a nice little fight sequence. Hope it gets better though. It's not that I'm against this arc or anything but it really hasn't piqued my interest yet.
Nov 8, 2011 6:18 PM
Dec 2010
This was a great episode. Basically, the anime team is taking everything good about the manga, improving it 10x over, adding a WHOLE bunch of new content (which, I'm guessing Kubo probably has a hand in somehow) and really just doing their job very well.

First episode of this arc that I feel was truly great, and I'm super excited for the next one!!
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Nov 8, 2011 10:06 PM

Oct 2008
I bet Ichigo felt pretty useless there.
Nov 9, 2011 3:02 AM

Jul 2007
generalmartacus said:
(which, I'm guessing Kubo probably has a hand in somehow)

Kubo has been a whole lot more with anime team even since the hiatus mid-ulquiorra fight ended.

Shinobinomi said:
It was nice seeing how stubborn Ichigo was with him being all "Soul Reaper business is over for me. Dont need it anymore." and only until he and his sister get attacked infront of his eyes he decides to go with Ginjo. A lot of humans do this in real life. Nice to see he still has those qualities, even though they don't go well with the hero-model.

Really?

From both Chad's dialogue and his overall monologues, it seems he was just in denial of actually wanting the powers back. He literally is disillusioned with normalcy and unable to admit that being normal sucks for him as he still has the whole need to protect.

As Chad said, he might try to deny it but ever since he lost the powers he has been completely pathetic unable to do one thing he was doing ever since his mother died - protecting others with his power. Having others protect HIM only adds to his insult, as Ichigo seems to have sort of subconscious need to be the one protecting and NOT the one being protected.

Hollow thing made him actually realize and confront the fact that he even though having no power, still longs for it and tries to be there, as if forgetting he is "normal" now.
Nov 9, 2011 5:35 PM

Dec 2009
If that was filler, I'm very hopeful for this new Bleach.
Nov 9, 2011 7:20 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm more additional scenes to the plot, but not bad at all.
Nov 9, 2011 9:00 PM

Mar 2009
I want these to build up so i can watch like..10 of them in a row........not happening so far. I'm hooked.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Nov 9, 2011 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
generalmartacus said:
(which, I'm guessing Kubo probably has a hand in somehow)

Kubo has been a whole lot more with anime team even since the hiatus mid-ulquiorra fight ended.

Shinobinomi said:

Really?

From both Chad's dialogue and his overall monologues, it seems he was just in denial of actually wanting the powers back. He literally is disillusioned with normalcy and unable to admit that being normal sucks for him as he still has the whole need to protect.

As Chad said, he might try to deny it but ever since he lost the powers he has been completely pathetic unable to do one thing he was doing ever since his mother died - protecting others with his power. Having others protect HIM only adds to his insult, as Ichigo seems to have sort of subconscious need to be the one protecting and NOT the one being protected.

Hollow thing made him actually realize and confront the fact that he even though having no power, still longs for it and tries to be there, as if forgetting he is "normal" now.

You're right. I didn't see it like that, but now i do. That was a good explanation.
Nov 10, 2011 5:43 AM

Dec 2007
will this anime ever get some new soundtrack!?
Nov 10, 2011 5:45 AM
Nov 2011
Riruka was so cute. :D
Nov 10, 2011 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
Riruka's hair must be pretty 'flexible' or have some kind of control muscles, otherwise it wouldn't 'move' like that just because of Kurosaki.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 10, 2011 6:41 PM

May 2010
I really liked it. The omake was nice :)
Nov 10, 2011 6:55 PM

Sep 2008
Liked it .
I Want to see what powers he will recover , Shinigami of course , but the full power he had?
Nov 11, 2011 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
not half bad but i want to see some fights!!!

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Nov 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Mar 2011
Yey! Some juicyness with the Fullbringers, and I love Riruka, she's a breath of fresh air in a group of overly serious jaded types!

Cant wait for the training to begin! The manga was a little confus at times!
Nov 12, 2011 7:15 AM

Mar 2010
u2blah said:
Nov 13, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2009
The omake was the best part xD
Nov 16, 2011 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
u2blah said:

Nope.
They adapted manga very well. I love comedy stuff in it. Riruka seems to be more "likeable" than her manga version.

This "reversed swastika" was somehow small.

Overall, very funny episode!
Nov 20, 2011 2:31 PM
Nov 2010
I must also say that they're doing a very good job with the anime, I'm not even noticing that it's has filler elements... I only found that out in this topic...
Feb 4, 2012 1:24 PM

Sep 2009
I like the part with ichigo fighting the hollow that he can't see. And i panic when yuzu appear in the direction that the "book guy" walk to. Shinigami cup was hilarious :D
Feb 21, 2012 11:45 PM

Apr 2007
Was I the only laughing when Ichigo was fighting that hollow? It just looked strange tht we were seeing it through his eyes with like nothing there.

And one of those bg songs sounds like something out of Capcom vs SNK.

And I'm very appreciative of the IchiHime moments. And I don't trust those Fullbring guys(what kind of name is that anyway...)

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
May 12, 2012 5:59 PM
Mar 2010
Shinobu- said:
will this anime ever get some new soundtrack!?

They tend to add a few new tracks on to the old favourites. So for this arc they introduced few new ones alongside some very old ones. To be honest I think they've fit really well.
May 31, 2012 12:51 PM

May 2011
Amazingly done episode.

- Ichigo running after his badge in the lake but then stopping right before it
- Chado's words to Ichigo
- Ichigo being protected by ORIHIME of all people!?
- Yuzu in danger while Ichigo is helpless and fighting a losing battle
- Ginjo saving Yuzu
- Ichigo's decision after realizing the pain of not being able to protect Yuzu/friends
- Oh yeah, Riruka stalking FTW ^^

This is some good development, I'm really liking this arc a lot. Especially since it takes me back to the days where Bleach was all about Karakura Town. (Although, I love SS, a small breather is necessary).

Oh yeah, LMAO at Ginjo in the Omake ^^
Kayaba-May 31, 2012 12:56 PM
Oct 19, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't watched Bleach in a while (like two months?) so this was pretty new to me.

I like the jazzy OST they used in this episode.

4/5

mysticdreamer said:
And I'm very appreciative of the IchiHime moments.

Me too.
May 28, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode! I hate Rurika though, she's too much of an annoying tsundere.
Jun 2, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
Meritas said:
Good episode! I hate Rurika though, she's too much of an annoying tsundere.

Really? I always thought of Rurika as Haruhi Suzumiya with better fashion sense.

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Jul 13, 2013 8:48 PM

May 2013
akihikosama said:
I bet Ichigo felt pretty useless there.

As all humans should in a world where Hollows exist.
Nov 6, 2013 10:09 AM

May 2012
That pigtailed redhead seems to catch my interests :p Pretty nice development in both story and character so lets see what's next!
Nov 10, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
I'm digging this new jazz-y soundtrack! :D

And yay, more Orihime! <3 I'm glad she's back to her season 1 self, not this "Kurosaki-kun!!!!!!!!!! SAVE ME!!" from Arrancar arc. ^^ But I really want her to have some action >.< Like I get that she hates fighting and stuff, but come on, let her handle just one little hollow.

And why didn't Ishida want Orihime to heal him?

And is it weird that I can tell where a chapter begins and ends in the anime even though I didn't even touch manga? xD

So many questions.
Apr 15, 2014 2:00 AM

Jun 2011
Been a while since I last watched Bleach. Only now I noticed Karin is voiced by KugiRie. It's been so long since I heard any of Bleach OST, those were cool. Riruka is cute with her tsundere-ness XD I liked the OP, but not so much about the ED.
ToG25thBaamApr 15, 2014 2:04 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1.

Jun 7, 2014 3:13 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty good for now,it's becoming interesting...
Apr 5, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe Ichigo threw his pass in to the river.

Awww, Chad and Ichigo's heart to heart was sweet.

He got saved by Orihime and stalked by Riruka lol.

Of course Ginjo saved Yuzu to get Ichigo to do what he wants ... Ginjo is hot too <3

Ichigo loves to protect people - it's so sweet and one of his best qualities <3
Mar 23, 2018 7:21 PM

Dec 2017
I hope that Ichigo will regain the power of Shingami and this is not a lie because I have longed for Hollow Ichigo and Shinigami Ichigo :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 85 Discussion

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

26 by 91vulnicura »»
Apr 10, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 286 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dizzee - Aug 31, 2010

114 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.