Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2008 8:33 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eureka's butterfly wings are pretty :D . Back at the other place, the war is starting...
Renton's sister? Mirage?
Oct 15, 2008 7:50 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
And with this, the stage is set!

Butterfly Eureka is pretty indeed, next episodes should be awesome.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 16, 2008 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode, can't wait to see what happens.

But, how can the Nirvash suddenly fly?
Nov 20, 2008 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
butteryfly wings are pretty...

sister prolly isnt a mirage...only 4 more left...!
Apr 5, 2009 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
gundam-ish kind of stage set. 2 ships take on the world.. nice
Apr 22, 2009 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
aero said:
Renton's sister? Mirage?

That's my thought, especially with the previews to the next episode saying Renton and Eureka will find more about the truth having "a conversation with the land." Obviously Renton's sister will know a lot about the truth with all the research she did and referencing her to being the land, it's probably because the land caused a vision of her to occur.

But then again who knows :P

ImaginAsian said:

Haha, you're right! I didn't even think about that xD

Jun 20, 2009 7:31 AM
Feb 2009
I need to know, what are Eureka's wings for?
Jul 3, 2009 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
Is Eureka turning into a more Coralian-looking being rather than a human being? Hmm. Her wings are indeed pretty, and I also wondered why the Nirvash can fly without trapar...
Jul 9, 2009 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
As Gandalf would put it:
"The board is set, the pieces are moving, we come to it at last, the great battle of our time"

this is gonna be epic!

Jul 17, 2009 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
probably the Nirvash's plane mode does not use Trapar...
and Eureka's wings are awesome!
4 episodes left to know everything!
Jul 22, 2009 2:01 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, Renton overcame his infection and Eureka is becoming less and less human (but she is still pretty). I was also wondering about how Nirvash could suddenly fly, before they couldn't even climb up the cliff. I wonder of he really sees his sister, I hope it's real.
Jan 20, 2010 6:58 PM

Nov 2009
If you listen carefully to when they are doing the upgrade, they say the the added rockets... so I'm guessing fuel, in other words no trapar necessary.
Oct 6, 2010 6:30 AM
Jan 2008
renton and his butterfly fetishes
Nov 22, 2010 6:59 PM

Feb 2008
"Look mama is turning into a butterfly"

i lol'd
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Jan 2, 2011 7:01 PM

Mar 2009
It looks like Eureka is still transforming. O_o
4 episodes left, and they're doing well with the cliffhangers.

aaronluis26 said:

ImaginAsian said:

Haha, you're right! I didn't even think about that xD

I was thinking the same exact thing. lol

Aug 27, 2011 11:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ha, the sister showed up. This anime has been pretty good at tying up the storylines. Nothing is wasted.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 2011 5:35 PM

Aug 2010
that's probably an illusion of his sister
Dec 9, 2011 8:24 AM
Jan 2011
"Can I touch them?"

Read from my mind :-D
Jan 23, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
Wishseeker said:
"Can I touch them?"

Read from my mind :-D

I was thinking the same thing.
Would have been hilarious if Renton had reached over and gone with the double boob squeeze.
Apr 8, 2012 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
A butterfly? I don't see why not.

2 against 13,000, bring it on.

She's among the last things I expected them finding there.
May 12, 2012 12:25 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Predictable appearance of his sister. I wouldn't be surprised if his father appeared at some point. As far as we know, he might have merged with the Command Cluster.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 1, 2012 6:18 PM

Aug 2011
Eureka looked pretty cute with her butterfly wings. I want to fall in love with a coralian girl now. xD

Now Im kinda sad that I'm almost done watching this series. :'(
Jun 8, 2012 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
aero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eureka's butterfly wings are pretty :D . Back at the other place, the war is starting...
Renton's sister? Mirage?

She was creepy just standing there..

BUTTERFLY WINGS D: AWESOME HELL YEAH... I would have said the exact thing as Renton..

I love the odds that Holland and the Captain are going up against! Badass-ery.
Jul 29, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
I'm far more interested in seeing this battle play out than watching the 3 kids crying with Renton and Eureka in the middle of nowhere.

But 4 left, It felt like only a few eps ago that I was on like ep20. It'll be a shame when this is over - it's captivating now.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 25, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
Thats what you get when you hurt your arm on an island like that so no sympathy from me.

Those look more like fairy wings to me than butterfly wings.

Talho being boss was great too xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 19, 2013 9:54 AM
Jan 2010
Renton is a good liar.
Beautiful?
bahaha.
Mar 8, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Eureka finally finally told Renton she loves him out loud.
Still no kiss, it almost happened though. So close, for the 4th time.

She'll fully transform soon, so hurry and kiss.
Mar 28, 2013 12:44 PM
Feb 2008
So only one ship defected out of that entire fleet? I mean c'mon there should've been at least a dozen or so ships that also joined the heroes. With all these transformations i feel like it's going to end with Eureka turning into some giant tree or something like Sakuya....
Aug 5, 2013 12:55 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Roloko said:
Thats what you get when you hurt your arm on an island like that so no sympathy from me.

Agreed...

Talho's talk with the other soldiers was great, I love how she says "don't expect us to apologize" for killing your comrades. And also the rough way she handled Holland when she was telling them that he has to go through a ton of pain piloting that. ^^ Oh and Anemone...what's the problem? Did she finally realize that Dominic is important, that he's been supporting her for so long? One of those can't appreciate what's next to you until it's gone thing :( too bad she doesn't know he's doing everything for her.
Sep 18, 2013 12:44 AM

Apr 2013
wailofthebanshee said:
Renton is a good liar.
Beautiful?
bahaha.

You're so cruel.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 16, 2014 6:15 AM

Aug 2013
For some reason i was thinking Eureka was going to turn into a flower kinda like Sakuya. I guess a butterfly is a bit better.

When Renton asked if he could touch them i laughed a bit.

Ohhh so thats where Renton's sister has been all this time.
My Candies:
Jun 23, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
I'm unsure of why Eureka is changing. Not saying that it's bad, but trying to figure out the cause, if it's going into The Zone or what.

Well, now for a pretty big fight, though they only have two ships. .

Jul 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
I wonder if the reason that the type 0 started to work properly again and that a new path opened for them was because they experienced what they did. In other words they had to overcome a great challenge together, forgive and accept each other at the end regardless; once they did - the new path opened.
Jul 20, 2014 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
Eureka looks pretty now.. they definitely look heartwarming they are together. Finally a face to face confession.. but no kiss ?!!
2 vs 13,000 such realistic numbers hahaha. Renton's sister is bugging me.
Jul 22, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
So how were they suddenly able to fly again? Nevermind, they'll probably never explain it lol.

If that's really Renton's sister and not just some illusion, how the heck did she reach Earth O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 20, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2012
So Eureka is a butterfly now? Well I did not expect this... I'm not even sure if I like it xD but it's interesting that's for sure and I do wonder what will happen next!
Dec 16, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2014
Renton sis appeared? An illusion? Eureka wings are cute,so she's turning into a butterfly.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 24, 2015 3:11 PM

Nov 2014
Eureka is beautiful with them wings but I wonder what is happening to her? Also Dominic looking cute in new uniform!
Feb 6, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
hehe, Renton fetish is monster girls
So what is Eureka? A butterfly? A jelly butterfly?
They did well to keep the tent down though. The kids were finally useful, who would have guessed!

I have the feeling there'll soon be a battle Anemone vs Dominic. It can only end that way for them and probably with Dominic death.

Renton... sister? From the next episode title, we could assume that it's a dream, but that would be too easy. In fact, what are those Acperiences? They always happened near dense trapar. With so few episodes left, I hope this will get explained next episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 6, 2017 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
Wings and....Renton's sister?! WTF is the order of the day.
Oct 11, 2017 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
So she wasn't dying at all she was just growing wings, that's a relief, Renton's reaction was adorable.

3 hours to save the world and with only 2 ships that's some real awful odds.
Oct 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Renton got such a bad infection, that's why not to do that, so you don't end up nearly dying of a fever etc.

Wow, Eureka really great butterfly wings, they looked nice, her arm though looked weird.

But how is his sister there?

Yeah, 2 ships against 1300 isn't looking so good.
Aug 2, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2019
So, was the world waiting for Eureka and Renton's relation to get better? Following the series tradition, even with the terrible odds, I doubt that anything will happen to the Gekkostate. Finally, Renton's sister appears. I'm happy that I wasn't the only one confused about Nirvash flying, did they fly with it since they "landed" on Earth? Then the climb problems in the last episodes weren't really a problem... I wonder what the Eureka bio data that Dr. Bear shown will be used for, probably to reverse her transformation or something like that.
Dec 24, 2020 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
Eureka's wings look good on her too, Renton. The scene with the two of them just cuddling, and then walking with the three kids holding each other's hands was really nice. Despite some problems I have with the writing of their relationship, I have to say, once they both stopped just abandoning each other and actually were united with the Nirvash to pilot it with their hearts in sync rather than Eureka being jealous and Renton being overwhelmed, their relationship has really developed nicely. Both are great together.

Rest of the episode was not too bad as well. Renton's sister at the end was quite the cliffhanger to leave the episode on.
Oct 27, 2021 12:46 AM

Mar 2016
Everything is at its final stages now, the war is about to be commenced and Renton along with Eureka finally got somewhere where they needed to be (Damn they scoured through the entire surface of REAL EARTH just to get here)

I'm not sure what's happening to Eureka and why she's been transforming as of late, but I presume that's got something to do with how close of proximity she is with the control scub corals or something, nevertheless I gotta agree with Renton. Eureka has gotten more beautiful than ever now with her wings. Despite that, the most beautiful thing in this ep is Renton's and Eureka's reunion once again, confessing their love to one another while they hold each other in a loving embrace. They've waged through the stormy days of being in this foreign land, but there's much work still needed to be done, one which includes MEETING DIANE?!?!

Although if I were, to be honest, if Renton, Eureka and the children were not being so uncooperative as they were in the beginning, they would've come sooner and got their mission done before Dewey even manage to reach his goal. But ofc, teenagers and their angsty little beef is what decides the entire world's fate at the end of the day, ridiculous.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.