Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chapter 165 Discussion

Nov 8, 2011 7:29 PM

I knew it was Ayumi!!! I don't have anything against Chihiro but I just like Ayumi better, liked her since the 1st ch >w>

Nov 8, 2011 7:34 PM

Guessed it already no surprise there.

Nov 8, 2011 7:56 PM

I thought Mercury would be a tomboy. :/

Im interested as to what Keima would do after knowing that Ayu has the goddess. Too awkward for him to run away after pushing Chihiro like that. :D
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down

Nov 8, 2011 8:44 PM
Observer

nice boat ending is nigh.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Nov 8, 2011 8:57 PM

Finally, confirmed! Well, it turned out as expected in the end. I do feel bad for Chihiro, especially given how hard she seems to have fallen for him ("forever" - wow). By going after the wrong girl, he's really got his work cut out for him. And that's not factoring in the crazy Vintage girl that's too close for comfort. Waiting for the next installment will be tough. Oh, and no issues with Mercury for me. Now if she had 3 eyes or a double chin, then I'd be pissed.

Nov 8, 2011 9:16 PM

Knew it; Ayumi was the very first conquest. When in doubt, it'll almost always be the earliest encounter. http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_world_god_only_knows/v01/c001/63.html Ayumi's brain may have forgotten, but the heart remembers.

Love the cheek markings/designs on Apollo and the latest goddess. The other goddesses would be cooler if they also had them.

Nov 8, 2011 9:53 PM

Dark skin doesn't fit Ayumi, besides why would you make a goddess dark skinned while Ayumi isn't? That's weird, but w/e.
And i started to think that if not for two of them having goddess, then it had to be Chihiro. Can't complain tough, i like Ayumi more.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

Nov 8, 2011 11:07 PM

SoFarGone said:

Elsie sucks

While elsie isn't exactly a great character she is waaayyy better than Haqua

mystik said:

really? Haqua is way more likable than Elsie.

Sigh... I can see I'm of a visible minority here who only reads this series for the comedy and doesn't give a rat's anus about the ... cuteness... of it all.

I don't think a rant about why Haqua is a bad character will provide any positive feedback so instead I'll just leave it at this. She embodies everything and anything that makes Tsundere's unlikeable... Worse than any of the others in this series... worse than anything Rie Kugimiya has ever portrayed (and thats saying A LOT)... shes just annoying as all heck.
Modified by leingodf8, Nov 8, 2011 11:23 PM

Nov 8, 2011 11:52 PM
YESSSSS ayumi has teh goddesss im soo gigiddy!!!

Nov 8, 2011 11:58 PM
at first I was totally expecting Chihiro to have the Goddess and Ayumi to be the one to be really in love with Keima
but I guess things took a 360 for a reason right? =(

Nov 9, 2011 12:33 AM

NOOOOO!! He got the wrong girl!!! TT___TT

Nov 9, 2011 12:44 AM

wakka9ca said:
nice boat ending is nigh.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!

Nov 9, 2011 1:32 AM

ARRRRGH. I knew this would happen. Daaaamn.
Chihiro loves Keima without remembering the conquest. Whatcha gonna do now, God of Conquest? Leave her because she doesn't have the goddess?

Hope Chihiro would not be left out of the story...

Nov 9, 2011 2:11 AM

Ayumi noooo always the wrong girl^^

Nov 9, 2011 2:39 AM

DenjaX said:

He has to marry Chihiro NOWWWWW!! XDD

QFT.

Nov 9, 2011 3:11 AM

i just knew it from the beginning xD

Nov 9, 2011 3:47 AM
Chihiro is my favorite girl...she is awesome!!!! I hope Wakaki won't leave her out of the story...Or my heart will be broken! ;_;

GO CHIHIROOO! ^^

Nov 9, 2011 4:51 AM

Well, Keima is not that cruel that he just leave her behind.
I never expect Chihiro have the mercury godness in herself at all so all her love is just pure.
I'm prefer Ayumi over Chihiro thought but she is a nice girl too and unpredictable. :)

The vintage girl is there and she was looking at Ayumi, this is bad.

Every girls that Keima have conquering remember in the heart.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 9, 2011 9:01 AM

leingodf8 said:

Sigh... I can see I'm of a visible minority here who only reads this series for the comedy and doesn't give a rat's anus about the ... cuteness... of it all.

You see this is the odd thing. You say you don't give a damn about the cuteness of this series yet you prefer Elsie over Haqua. Elsie was pretty much a giant Moe blob. She had no depth and little usefulness. The majority of the series she was a character that only served to be made fun off. On the other hand Haqua is someone who is smarter, more useful and overall can stand as an equal with Keima. She proved herself in these arcs to be a far superior partner. And I for one find he snarky remarks about Keima's plans to be more entertaining than Elsies "Go Kami-sama!"

Also You claim the Swim girl, Shogi girl and teacher are the best characters when they were the ones who's arcs I consider the weakest and have fairly uninteresting personalities.(Well Shogi girls arc was entertaining because of Dianas reaction to how Keima conquers) If placed in these arc's I can promise that they would be boring as hell.

I am sorry but this just sounds like bias because your favourite girls got shafted.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 9, 2011 9:09 AM

Ayumi <3

Nov 9, 2011 1:45 PM

I don't think he could have had the goddess in chihiro.... Besides the majority was not happy with that, and he also gets to do a 'wrong choice' event. I wonder if it is possible to actual conquer her exactly, or if they will just save her.... or conquer her by saving her.

Nov 9, 2011 2:01 PM

Game over. Game over man.
Anyone with over 10 shows ranked at 10/10 clearly needs to re-evaluate their idea of a 'masterpiece'.

Nov 9, 2011 2:49 PM

AidanAK47 said:
leingodf8 said:

You see this is the odd thing. You say you don't give a damn about the cuteness of this series yet you prefer Elsie over Haqua. Elsie was pretty much a giant Moe blob. She had no depth and little usefulness. The majority of the series she was a character that only served to be made fun off. On the other hand Haqua is someone who is smarter, more useful and overall can stand as an equal with Keima. She proved herself in these arcs to be a far superior partner. And I for one find he snarky remarks about Keima's plans to be more entertaining than Elsies "Go Kami-sama!"

Also You claim the Swim girl, Shogi girl and teacher are the best characters when they were the ones who's arcs I consider the weakest and have fairly uninteresting personalities.(Well Shogi girls arc was entertaining because of Dianas reaction to how Keima conquers) If placed in these arc's I can promise that they would be boring as hell.

I am sorry but this just sounds like bias because your favourite girls got shafted.

Hmmmmmm an interesting point I guess.

Elsie was comic relief, pure and simple. She was there to make her retarded little comments and funny little jibes (and yes a lot of that was also for "moe" reasons which really is unforgivable). So no she is not a great character by any means. But she was at least funny at times... in a very tenma from school rumble sort of way... and felt necessary to the plot.

Haqua on the other hand... until VERY recently (with her going back to hell and being captured and what not) has had no reason to be a main character. She was fan service... thats it. She sat there blithering away in her constant tsundere b.s of "I love him, I hate him, I love him, oh he did something retarded I hate him again" Its particuarly annoying because she's set up to be a rather impressive character. Extremely pretty, top of her class, smart resourceful etc etc. But instantly, Katsuragi enters her life and shes entered an endless cycle of "Is this really love". At least with the other girls Katsuragi had to kind of WORK to get them to like him, and elsie is the only girl in the world whos apparently immune to his charms (another point in her favor). So no, I don't particularly like elsie, I just hate Haqua. Thats the reason for my rant.

As for the other girls... your right. They did have the weakest development in the plot. Saying they were the best characters on my part was probably a bad move... I just remember finding their chapters a hell of a lot more funny then the current girls chapters (except maybe the tomboy). But to be fair, Ayumi's conquest had just as little development as these characters did... she just had the fortunate chance of being able to expand in later chapters due to her being in the same class as Katsuragi. So saying they'd be boring as hell is pretty strong... considering they could easily be expanded in any way.

Nov 9, 2011 10:08 PM

LOL @ people talking about the race of a FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!

Good lord, and here I thought MAL members weren't racist....

How fucking stupid that people should even comment on this type of thing...

Nov 10, 2011 6:13 AM

Despite all of the ruckus about Mercury...

DAMN THAT CHIHIRO!!!

First time I read her in her arc : Okay.
First time I watch her in anime : Hey, she is surprisingly good!
First time I read her and Ayumi's development till the later arc : OMG she's developing for sure!
When I read this chapter : OMG!!!I loved her!!!

I believe she's the best developed character right now. Ayumi also still have a lot potential, though. She and Keima are the reason of why I started reading TWGOK.

Nov 10, 2011 7:42 AM

damn, i read the most anticapted chapter (for quite some time) late!! >_<
anyways, nice chapter, those panels with chihiro were EPIC. Before, i found her OK, but after this chapter, i just like her!!!
But Ayumis got it!! I KNEW IT ALLL ALONG!!! XD

Feka said:
Since when dark skin = ganguro?
Whatever, the goddess looks great and Chihiro is even more awesome now so yeah.

THIS!! the goddess looks nice. end of!!

Nov 10, 2011 7:56 AM

kamina99 said:
damn, i read the most anticapted chapter (for quite some time) late!! >_<
anyways, nice chapter, those panels with chihiro were EPIC. Before, i found her OK, but after this chapter, i just like her!!!
But Ayumis got it!! I KNEW IT ALLL ALONG!!! XD

Feka said:
Since when dark skin = ganguro?
Whatever, the goddess looks great and Chihiro is even more awesome now so yeah.

THIS!! the goddess looks nice. end of!!

+10

Nov 10, 2011 9:13 AM

JustALEX said:

You don't get it, we don't hate it, it's just uncalled for.
All the goddesses so far are represented through their host's body, we do not see their original form.
Ayumi has white skin, I think that it's pretty much retarded for Mercury to be seen with dark (or rather tanned in this case) skin.

Would Ayumi has been tanned and Mercury white I would have the same reaction.
It look like Wakaki wanted to insert a black/tanned character and didn't knew how the fuck he would do it.

Even though it's was uncalled for I think that it still symbolyze something such as mercury being the 'black sheep' the one that is different from the rest of the group, not that she is a reject but that her way of thinking is completely different from the rest of the goddesses.

Anyway, I stick to my 'mercury is a lesbo that despise guy/anyone that get in the way of her love and want to keep ayumi to herself' theory.

Nov 10, 2011 7:25 PM
what you people babbling about . .

elsie is cute >,< maybe she is not special, but she is cute, i like when she is around (i loved when she is around me in real)

and tanned goddes? hmmm . . . its her own unique.

Nov 10, 2011 10:03 PM

Whoops. What're you going to do now, Keima? XD

Nov 10, 2011 10:23 PM
I do not like the face of the goddess. Brown skin ¿? I do not like much but the goddess is still cute *-*.

Anyway . . . I already knew so Chihiro didn't have a goddes, It was a... "feeling" but I was ok :))))

Nov 10, 2011 11:41 PM

UGH I was so disappointed! Of all the characters I seriously thought that the author would at least pay more attention to the more interesting girls

I liked Chihiro so much, her character development was fantastic to say the least, and I could really feel that kind of chemistry between her and Keima. Though I saw it coming, I still feel so disappointed.

Nov 11, 2011 1:46 AM

I wonder what's going to happen to Chihiro...

I mean, her memories and feelings towards Keima won't disappear, right?

I'm interested in where the plot is heading to.

Nov 11, 2011 8:36 AM
kisakasama said:

I liked Chihiro so much, her character development was fantastic to say the least, and I could really feel that kind of chemistry between her and Keima.

THIS.
Their chemistry is...wonderful.
We must hope that she remains an important character!!!! It would be horrible if she was left out of the story just because she has not the goddess. All her great character development would be wasted... ;_;

Nov 11, 2011 4:03 PM

JustALEX said:

This is MAL. Fiction is a very important thing considering anime and manga are fiction (unless there happens to be an anime/manga adaption of a real event... but I digress).

Nov 12, 2011 3:00 AM

Keima failed again and again and again., I thought that he is much cleverer than Light or Lelouch. C’mon where’s the God Of Conquest Mode??

Nov 12, 2011 4:35 AM
N1neteen said:
Keima failed again and again and again., I thought that he is much cleverer than Light or Lelouch. C’mon where’s the God Of Conquest Mode??

He is just a human who mistakes like the others, not a god, like he believes. The main point of the story is this, in my opinion.
He isn't superior to reality, he doesn't understand reality.

Nov 12, 2011 7:07 AM

Ryutai said:
N1neteen said:

He is just a human who mistakes like the others, not a god, like he believes. The main point of the story is this, in my opinion.
He isn't superior to reality, he doesn't understand reality.

Yup sorry about that, it's just disappointing, look like Lune will murder Ayumi X(

Nov 12, 2011 12:41 PM

wow. chihiro really likes katsuragi :3 i'm glad that my guess was correct xD oh yeah! go ayumi! :D

Dec 25, 2011 12:07 PM

zeroyuki92 said:

DAMN THAT CHIHIRO!!!

First time I read her in her arc : Okay.
First time I watch her in anime : Hey, she is surprisingly good!
First time I read her and Ayumi's development till the later arc : OMG she's developing for sure!
When I read this chapter : OMG!!!I loved her!!!

YES!

And I say Haqua over Elsie is awesome. Elsie's still true to her comedic relief as Kanon right now, with Haqua taking the 'sidekick' role to bigger and better places. Love where Wakaki's taken this right now.

Apr 29, 2013 4:05 AM

Bam. Finally. No matter who the author chose, half the people will be hating so get over it. I can see the ending.... of goddess arc (maybe)

Sep 19, 2013 5:23 PM

Oh, it was obvious that Ayumi was the one holding the goddess. This is a very akward situation now. I hope Keima won't hurt Chihiro's feelings that much o_o

Pages (2) « 1 [2]