Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2011 5:59 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both the old and current editors know about Saikou's fall down.

His overwork and fall down requiring him for surgery (for liver), and many people trying to stop him from working in hospital, even Azuki by Shuujin's request, came. Azuki's long year love revealing and people who came to visit saw her, including the assistant who likes Saikou (she admitting lost ...), and his mother!

I like how they broke the rule about not seeing each other again, and even she is encouraging him to draw at the end. Niizuma's "care" was lol.

More people stopping him to work for health next ep.
tsubasaloverNov 6, 2011 8:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2011 10:16 AM

Feb 2008
I don't get it why he need a surgery for just overworking, is his nerves broken somewhere?
What's wrong with him?
It seem like Azuki have been in love with Mashiro since Elementary School, his drawing skills were good in Elementary school, kind of like that picture that Mashiro did.
Mashiro were so obessed with become manga artists when he were younger and still he is.
All thanks to Takagi for make him start again with manga. :D
Why don't Mashiro and Takagi called by first name?
I thought they were close friends enough to called by the first name lol.

Great Azuki love have finally been confessed to Mashiro.
She believe in him and Mashiro still write manga in pain.

I don't know anything about previews since there wasn't a one with the streaming site.

7/10

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 5, 2011 10:57 AM

Mar 2010

That picture pretty much sums up the episode. :)

I haven't read manga series of Bakuman yet, but given it is still ongoing, I suppose we don't need to worry about Mashiro's death for a while.

Anyway, it feels like his sickness is used as a plot device to reemphasize his romantic relationship with Azuki. :3

Nov 5, 2011 11:48 AM

Feb 2008
The surgey was easy so doubt his dead already, it's only been 6 episodes.

Yeah they romance relationship between Mashiro & Azuki love points increased a lot in this sick event.

Now I'm talking like Keima from The world God knows. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 5, 2011 6:31 PM

Dec 2007
Didnt like this plot device in the manga and i dont like it more this time around.
Nov 5, 2011 6:36 PM

Mar 2009
Holy fuck, one of the best episodes of all series this season so far.
Nov 5, 2011 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode ever!
I've felt goose bumps from action animes, I've felt sad from animes,
but this is the first time I have ever felt inspired by an anime. When I was first decidng to watch this anime from Bakuman season 1 I wasn't sure I would like it. An anime about drawing manga sounded lame but I was a little curious so I watched it and I don't regret that decsion this anime is intresting and has an amzing story about dreaming and working hard. This is a great anime and by far this is my favorite episode.
Nov 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
As much as I'm trying to be understanding, I can't help but think Mashiro is being selfish. *Sighs* Even Azuki can't stop him. I felt so bad when he went and said that the manga was ahead of her when she put it that away, unless I'm losing something in translation.

Oh, and I still can't get over the fact that they're almost out of highschool. It feels like they were just starting their first year a couple episodes ago.

Eiji to the rescue! He's such a clown. XD
Nov 5, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
Wow, this episode was so well done. It conveyed a lot more emotion than it's manga counterpart. This was the best episode for sure.

Also-

LET'S HOSPITAL! Lawl Eiji too good.
Omnicloudx13Nov 5, 2011 7:02 PM
Nov 5, 2011 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
awesome-49 said:
Best episode ever!
I've felt goose bumps from action animes, I've felt sad from animes,
but this is the first time I have ever felt inspired by an anime. When I was first decidng to watch this anime from Bakuman season 1 I wasn't sure I would like it. An anime about drawing manga sounded lame but I was a little curious so I watched it and I don't regret that decsion this anime is intresting and has an amzing story about dreaming and working hard. This is a great anime and by far this is my favorite episode.

True that I feel the same way its a great series. Idk I got kinda pissed at the end... wtf Miho was going to stop him but then encourages him even though he is in alot of pain. To me that is just stupid, Manga is one thing but your life is something else. All I know is he better not die or ill be pissed.
Nov 5, 2011 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
As people have said, the best episode this season. If there had been a plot hole thus far, it was Azuki's quick acceptance of his proposal the first time he talked to her directly on her doorstep--knowing that she had been watching him for years and had also been too shy to initiate contact explains a lot. I was worried for a while that they were going to keep to that stupid vow and not sit in the same room together, but I'm glad to see they got over that. They can go back to the way they were before, but it is important that they spend at least some time together now.

Since Miyoshi seems determined to work himself to death (just like his idolized uncle), it's going to take a lot of effort from friends, family, and editors to prevent Karoshi. Maybe Kaya has the right idea on how to emphasize this point...slap....
rodacNov 5, 2011 7:14 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2011 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
i liked how Saiko clearly said that he cherish both manga and -the girl's name i currently can't remember her name lol- but if he had to choose he will absolutely will go for manga
i as a girl would get hurt to if someone said the same thing to me
but this shows how much he is willing to achieve his dream
i admire him tbh even if i was like 'wtf' at the beginning xP but it's kinda realistic and i liked it :]

i don't even need to mention how Nizuma's scene was ugh awesome <3

& why i felt bad for Shunjin in this episode :( ?
Nov 5, 2011 7:50 PM
Apr 2011
Oh man.
Nice episode.
Nov 5, 2011 8:13 PM

Dec 2009
I think it wasn't meant to be mean from him to say he loves manga more, since he's trying so hard to draw manga in order to fulfill his dream (and thus get married with Azuki).
Nov 5, 2011 8:59 PM

Jan 2008
Bakuman 4 life
Nov 5, 2011 9:15 PM

May 2009
Very awesome.

But you should never risk your life in real life.
Nov 5, 2011 9:27 PM
Apr 2010
I'm REALLLLLYYYYY annoyed about Mashiro's whole "I CAN DO IT YES I CAN" attitude, yet, as with the characters, I can't say I want to stop him either; although I'm also inclined to medicine, and since his physiology is OBVIOUSLY f***ed up, he just needs to stop.... I mean really, he needs to stop. =/

Oh, and his liver is acting up??? And since he was in pain; Liver fatigue? Hepatitis (lol)? Idk...
Nov 5, 2011 9:51 PM

May 2010
Wow that was actually pretty good. Saiko's persistent attitude reminds me of Reinhard from LoGH
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 5, 2011 10:23 PM

Jul 2009
Mashiro brings me to tears. I envy his determination but at the same time, I am quite scared. Scared of the fact he's willing to go through such great lengths to achieve his dreams. History will repeat itself if he doesn't wake up - and by that I mean his uncle's past. To top it all off, Azuki encouraging him like that... ehh... I don't know...
Nov 5, 2011 10:37 PM
Apr 2009
Eh, when I read the manga for this part I was rooting for Mashiro's camp. But this time around when watching the anime I couldn't help but think about his uncle and how he overworked himself to death

Nov 5, 2011 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
Blackbird said:
I don't get it why he need a surgery for just overworking, is his nerves broken somewhere?
What's wrong with him?

Yeah, that seemed sort of weird to me too. I mean, it's one thing if he's just ill, but they keep blaming it on his work. I'm not sure how overworking or even malnutrition could equal removing part of his liver, unless he stressed his way into a tumor. I assume they based this on some real condition, but it's an odd one.

While drawing seems like the kind of thing you can manage from a hospital bed, Mashiro cleared showed at the end that he couldn't. Azuki supporting him through that is just sort of weird. Miura really should be slapping sense into him. This isn't a do or die situation like your standard shounen where that kind of determination is admirable. This is more do and die.
Nov 5, 2011 11:13 PM

Jun 2009
bleh to this episode.

it just reminded me how much i hated the stupid "relationship" Mashiro and Azuki have, and this sense of arrogance he likes to have at times elimination all common sense. and i was waiting for someone to say to Shuujin, if he dies then he better have another partner in mind to work with.

i say just send Mashiro into a coma.....but then again i'm evil like that.
Nov 5, 2011 11:41 PM

Jul 2011
Blackbird said:
What's wrong with him?

In the manga it says that "his liver's weakened and infected"

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bakuman/v06/c045/1.html
Nov 5, 2011 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
J-Drama at his worst^^
Nov 6, 2011 12:44 AM

Aug 2009
aw they took out the part where Mashiro introduces Azuki to his mom
Nov 6, 2011 1:21 AM

May 2010
I have mixed feelings about this episode. Love and dream can be that complicated huh.

Yeah, it's quite selfish for Mashiro in others' opinion but if I were Mashiro, it would be a different story.

Anyway, I like where this is going.

Nizuma rolling like a SWAT member into the hospital entrance was hilarious. XD
Nov 6, 2011 1:30 AM
Nov 2010
Mashiro should stop drawing for now... I don't like how some are still supporting him in drawing the manga...:(
Nov 6, 2011 1:45 AM
Nov 2008
Wow. I haven't always seen it as completely positive, but I think this is the first time I have substantially negative opinions towards Bakuman. I pretty much hate every character who appeared in this episode. Mashiro, your determination is not impressive or admirable. It's just flat out stupid, and you're an insensitive asshole to everyone who cares about you. And everyone who can't bitch slap him in the face and tell him to stop being so stubborn is just as bad. There is so much wrong with this plot line, and I find myself hating every moment of it. This is almost drop worthy for such a consistently good series. Someone better turn this around...
Nov 6, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2010
great epi =D
Nov 6, 2011 1:29 AM
Feb 2008
StormViruz said:

Yeah, I really hd to laugh at that part. Otherwise I didn't like this episode so much, I'm not a fan of romance.
Nov 6, 2011 2:57 AM

May 2008
This episode was the one i were waiting for but I am a little dissapointed :(

But anyway this ep were very good and I also thinks this is one of the best episodes of this series
Nov 6, 2011 3:16 AM

Sep 2011
One of the parts I liked in the story... Well, I guess it's because Mashiro gets together with Mizuki
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Nov 6, 2011 3:34 AM

Jul 2009
It's interesting that they left in Mashiro's comment about feeling like Joe going to his final match, but left out Takagi noticing why that's probably not a good thing.

I liked this part in the manga, but at the same time, I really wanted to slap most of the characters; and seeing it animated just reminds me of that. It's like none of them know where the line between being determined and being stupid is.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Nov 6, 2011 4:21 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was what I was expecting it to be, Mashiro was going to be stubborn and was going to try to draw even in his condition. People were going to try to stop him but eventually were going to let him just draw........

Mashiro saying manga was more important than Mizuki made me go "WOOW"
Protip for guys out there: Don't tell your girlfriend that something is more important than them if you plan on still dating them :D It ptobably won't end up the same way like in this anime.
Nov 6, 2011 4:33 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode, I forgot how good this arc was in the manga. I've watched something special here today.
Nov 6, 2011 5:41 AM
Sep 2010
I thought this was wonderfully investing. This series has somehow upped its game.
Nov 6, 2011 5:52 AM

Jun 2008
Damn lucky bastard isn't he. Having a sweet beautiful girl holding his hand to draw like that. She really adores him.
Btw i really don't get this operation thing. What the hell does his liver has to do with him overworking?
If it was really exchaution then he wouldn't need liver surgery. That means that his working wasn't the reason that he got sick.

Iilia said:
As much as I'm trying to be understanding, I can't help but think Mashiro is being selfish. *Sighs* Even Azuki can't stop him. I felt so bad when he went and said that the manga was ahead of her when she put it that away, unless I'm losing something in translation.

Don't know what subs you saw but if you didn't lose something in translation then you lost something in understating. He first said that the two can't be compared. And after that he said "but if you put it that way, then manga is more important".
The bold letters are the secret here. With little words what he told her is: "if you are the kind of woman that will make me choose between you and manga then you ain't the woman i thought you were so that in-itself makes manga more important"

Poor assistant girl. She's got no hope.

Although i don't really wanna see love triangles etc in Bakuman a part of me always feels for the nice simple looking girl with zero chances.

Thalandor46 said:
Wow. I haven't always seen it as completely positive, but I think this is the first time I have substantially negative opinions towards Bakuman. I pretty much hate every character who appeared in this episode. Mashiro, your determination is not impressive or admirable. It's just flat out stupid, and you're an insensitive asshole to everyone who cares about you. And everyone who can't bitch slap him in the face and tell him to stop being so stubborn is just as bad. There is so much wrong with this plot line, and I find myself hating every moment of it. This is almost drop worthy for such a consistently good series. Someone better turn this around...

I see many people saying similar staff and i feel like facepalming a little from the lack of empathy people have.
Yes he ain't doing the most logical thing or what is best for his health but can't you people just see it from his view a little?
The guy was working so hard until now to reach at this point, what where all those months and sleepless nights for? Just because you are viewers and you just saw him work from your couch and reach his goal in a relative quick fashion doesn't mean you shouldn't comprehend that beyond the minutes you saw there was some really hard and difficult work. His manga is at the start he can't just go on hiatus and easily come back like other series that run longer and have an established fanbase. This may very well mean the end of his manga and that he has to do everything all over again. And as he knows from his uncle it might even mean that he will never manage to get another chance like this and may even be the end of his dreams. He managed to get a series relatively fast but that doesn't mean it isn't extremely hard and you might never get that lucky again. Simply because we are the viewers and know it's an anime we think that he can certainly make it again but if it was real life and you where him knowing how many talented people failed or never got a second chance would you be so certain?

You guys just play smartass using the simplest of logics but you fail to see his position. I don't know what the fuck you are saying but in his position i might have wanted to work too.
MonadNov 6, 2011 6:16 AM
Nov 6, 2011 6:00 AM

Dec 2007
Monad said:
Damn lucky bastard isn't he. Having a sweet beautiful girl holding his hand to draw like that. She really adores him.
Btw i really don't get this operation thing. What the hell does his liver has to do with him overworking?
If it was really exchaution then he wouldn't need liver surgery. That means that his working wasn't the reason that he got sick.

He has almost stopped eating to be able to work more, it is noted earlier that he has gotten thinner since his jeans dont fit so good anymore. Thus malnutrition = liver problems i guess
Nov 6, 2011 6:15 AM

Jun 2008
Onegai said:
Monad said:

He has almost stopped eating to be able to work more, it is noted earlier that he has gotten thinner since his jeans dont fit so good anymore. Thus malnutrition = liver problems i guess

I don't buy it. Not enough galores doesn't transform to liver problems like that.
Nov 6, 2011 6:56 AM

Feb 2011
Good ep.

Best part was Nizuma rolling out of the cab. xD
Nov 6, 2011 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Monad said:
Onegai said:
Monad said:

I don't buy it. Not enough galores doesn't transform to liver problems like that.

I consulted grand scholar Google and it was revealed to me that malnutrition can cause fatty liver disease which in some cases can mean surgery and can cause dizziness (him fainting). Mind you, i didnt listen to all the wisdoms the grand scholar offered me on this matter, so if im wrong please correct me.
Nov 6, 2011 7:11 AM
Sep 2009
BEST EPISODE!!
Nov 6, 2011 7:30 AM

Mar 2011
I'm starting to hate everyone for their combined stupidity. He will die if they aren't careful, I would have thought with his uncle having died from over-working he might appreciate the risk.

Nope, thought not, 'cause he's retarded.
Nov 6, 2011 7:42 AM

Feb 2010
Caydra said:
StormViruz said:

Yeah, I really hd to laugh at that part. Otherwise I didn't like this episode so much, I'm not a fan of romance.

That was too funny. I want a GIF made out of that, not matter the cost! xD
Nov 6, 2011 7:49 AM

Jul 2008
And who's more "appropriate" to do a preview than another mangaka who's "sick"? LOL
Nov 6, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
Omnicloudx13 said:
LET'S HOSPITAL! Lawl Eiji too good.

↑ This lol~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 6, 2011 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
I'm still waiting for the next chapter of NANA...
actually I prefer that people get better first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2011 9:36 AM

Jun 2008
oh my god

azuki so nice and interesting and takagi i bet he was like damn why did i bring that here XD

but wao what a determination from mashiro owo

i'm anxious for the ep 7
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Nov 6, 2011 9:55 AM

Feb 2011
Even though I love the adaption, I thought it'd never be equal to the original.
But damn, this time, they really conveyed the feeling of the manga perfectly. Maybe even improved it.

Eiji was awesome as always.

But I thought it'd end with Editor Chief incoming as a cliffhanger.
Nov 6, 2011 10:07 AM

Aug 2011
I was really anoyed by Mashiro in this episode. That dude needs to get his priorities straight. If he thinks manga are more important than his gf and his life than that just ruins the romance for me. Any sensible person would wait 3 months with the manga.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

72 by NatsukiCookies »»
Apr 16, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

120 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 21, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 24, 2012

150 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.