Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 3, 2011 7:25 PM

May 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't see an ep 17 discussion thread...so here we go.

Did Yuri and Tabuki marry because they both had had strong feelings for Momoka?

I'm pretty worried for Himari....
Nov 3, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
It was a marriage of convenience I think.
I hope they are able to prevent whatever that punishment is...

Honestly though, I still don't know what to think of the show. I obviously like it enough to continue watching, but uhhh..I don't know. I hope whatever they have been building up to makes for a good finale so I can say for sure that I liked it.
Nov 3, 2011 7:47 PM

Aug 2010
What a cliffhanger!!!

I'm really looking forward to next episode. I hope Himari will be okay.
Nov 3, 2011 7:49 PM

Feb 2010
Electrifying.

Pieces are coming into place and I'm glad to see that there's more to Tabuki... but I fear for Himari.

Things are REALLY heating up, and I think were going to have high-energy climaxing (for lack of a better word ;3) until the end.

God I love this show...
Nov 3, 2011 7:53 PM

Dec 2010
Great ep, shit is starting to hit the fan and as Sanetoshi stated its going to be all out war. I really can't wait for next ep, I love the unique layout and story telling and of course the artistic flare we see every so often since its from the same guy who brought us Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Nov 3, 2011 7:58 PM

Apr 2011
I hope someone finds Himari and Ringo before it's too late.

Though I don't get why Tabuki is going to punish the Takakura family - I thought it was Yuri that couldn't forgive them and that he'd moved on. Unless it was just a ruse.

Don't want to wait a week for the next episode kyah!
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Nov 3, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2010
THAT ELEVATOR
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 3, 2011 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, interesting ep.

For a second there when Tabuki was like "I will show you the meaning of my life", I thought he planned to jump when they got to the top!
Nov 3, 2011 8:36 PM

Nov 2008
Sadistic cliffhanger go!
Nov 3, 2011 8:38 PM
Mar 2011
great ep,

hopefully this series has a shoma x ringo ending. i get the feeling kanba might sacrifice himself for himari
"....i am the villain in this story"
Nov 3, 2011 8:47 PM

Jun 2010
o_0......what the hell is Tabaki planing to do?!

And Kanba most likely might die keeping Himari alive......Great episode....as usual LOL
Nov 3, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2011
I hate it when an episode ends with cliffhanger!!
Anyway I hope Himari and Ringo will be okay
Can't wait for the next episode to see what will happen
Nov 3, 2011 9:26 PM

Nov 2007
wondered what Tabuki would say/do about Yuri being a nutjob. turns out he's snapped too. somehow stalker/attempted rapist Ringo is now the normal one?

meanwhile we get a creepy bitch fight with Yuri vs Natsume

what fun
Nov 3, 2011 9:26 PM

Nov 2010
Sigh, the boys are such idiots, how many times must the queen tell them to find the stupid diary? Now look at where it has gotten them!
If Himari actually dies i wouldn't be surprised as the boys have given their enemies too much leeway.

Nov 3, 2011 10:20 PM

Oct 2010
Penguin Coffe FTW.
Nov 3, 2011 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
So Tabuki is in on it too.
Nov 3, 2011 10:45 PM

Aug 2009
Meomix said:
Sigh, the boys are such idiots, how many times must the queen tell them to find the stupid diary? Now look at where it has gotten them!
If Himari actually dies i wouldn't be surprised as the boys have given their enemies too much leeway.

At least Kanba is keeping Himari alive. What has Shouma done besides blaming himself the death of Momoka?
Nov 3, 2011 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but could it be that Tabuki doesn't actually intend to harm Himari? Perhaps his definition of "punishment" is something different than we're led to believe (that kind of misleading cliffhanger wouldn't surprise me at all, given this show). I can't see Tabuki changing his mind so suddenly.

And oh man, the penguin-octopus shenanigans and the preview clip had me in hysterics. Penguindrum humor ftw. XD
My channel! With anime covers! http://www.youtube.com/user/fireteamtorch
Nov 3, 2011 11:12 PM

May 2011
The penguin-octopus gags were funny throughout the episode. But anyways grr a cliff hanger. I had my feeling tabuki was going to get in on this soon since he married yuri. Im just hoping ringo and himari are going to be alright. Especially himari since the twins and tabuki want to punish himari and her family.
Nov 3, 2011 11:22 PM

Sep 2011
Good Episode,things are getting serious now i want to see what is going to be Tabuki "punishment" and who will save them.

Also the penguins vs Octopus were so funny,cant wait for next episode!!
Nov 4, 2011 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, Tabuki makes his move! I wonder why he went from "children must not be faulted for what their parents did" to "the Takakuras must pay!". Turns out he's more of a yandere than Ringo ever was.

From his conversation with Yuri, it seems Momoka had known about the 1995 incident from the diary and tried to prevent it. There are a number of possibilities as to what happened to Momoka after she failed. She might've been spirited away to the library realm from Ep 9 or might've combusted and her soul ended up in the penguin hat. What also caught my interest is that from what the princess of crystal said, the diary is not the Penguindrum and it's something in the possession of the Takakuras or Kanba.

The Masako vs. Yuri was once again epic, especially loved all the effects that Esmeralda was adding. From what Yuri said, it seems that she might be a futa after all. I wonder what was the significance of her father turning her into that.
Nov 4, 2011 12:13 AM

Apr 2010
Need a Penguin vs Octopus OVA
Nov 4, 2011 2:24 AM
Aug 2011
Glad this crazy show makes sure to cover all the crazy stuff it spews out. Story is well told and not as easy to follow as most are. Tabuki... well I kinda expected something more from him. You could just tell something was off. I wonder which brother will come to the rescue, or who else might show up.

Octopus vs Penguin standoff was pretty B.A.
Tired_SmurphNov 4, 2011 2:28 AM
Nov 4, 2011 3:12 AM
Jul 2011
I have a a set of the Takakura sibling penguins figurines and decided to make octopus wieners and role play with them.

BEST. DINNER. EVER.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Nov 4, 2011 4:05 AM

May 2010
What is going to happen to Ringo & Himari now,I have a really baaaaaaaaaaaaad feeling about this.
Nov 4, 2011 6:03 AM

Jun 2008
wow im speechless. Dunno what to think of this anymore. LOL.
Just a theory, but im starting to think that the one who has the Penguin drum is Shouma. We saw the "scorpion light" which burns inside Kanba and that the Princess uses, but we never saw her getting inside Shouma, so what does burn inside him? Also this time the princess said "someone in your family will be terribly punished", she did not say the usual "This girl´s life (Himari) will be over". Also the princess said too: " Because the penguin drum is your....". So it suggests greatly that Kanba or Shouma has it, but ill go for Shouma for the reasons mentioned above. Since the penguindrum is not the diary, i think it is a flame/light. After all it was the Flames/Ashes that "Mary" stole to the "goddess", so i believe that´s the penguindrum.

Wow, Tabuki...i still want to believe in him, but who knows what he might do.

Did anyone noticed in the "preview" Himari´s quote? Quite suggestive.

Penguin x Octopus was epic~

and geez Princess x Kanba survival strategy is getting more naughty than i thought
OrulyonNov 4, 2011 6:12 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 4, 2011 6:03 AM

Feb 2011
Wait, so Tabuki knows about everything too!? (whatever "everything" is)
He should've become an actor too.

But don't they dare, try anything funny with my beloved Himari or the penguins will kyu 'em do death. :<

Fantastic episode as (almost) always.

YAY for Mawaru Octopusdrum!
Nov 4, 2011 6:22 AM

Aug 2008
Oh yes a showdown between Natsume and Yuri again. This is gonna be epic.
the octopus x penguins part is hilarious! I enjoyed every minute of it XDD
Nov 4, 2011 6:55 AM

Oct 2011
Raven_Shinobi said:
Finally, Tabuki makes his move! I wonder why he went from "children must not be faulted for what their parents did" to "the Takakuras must pay!". Turns out he's more of a yandere than Ringo ever was.

From his conversation with Yuri, it seems Momoka had known about the 1995 incident from the diary and tried to prevent it. There are a number of possibilities as to what happened to Momoka after she failed. She might've been spirited away to the library realm from Ep 9 or might've combusted and her soul ended up in the penguin hat. What also caught my interest is that from what the princess of crystal said, the diary is not the Penguindrum and it's something in the possession of the Takakuras or Kanba.

The Masako vs. Yuri was once again epic, especially loved all the effects that Esmeralda was adding. From what Yuri said, it seems that she might be a futa after all. I wonder what was the significance of her father turning her into that.

Well it was already told that Momoka done something related with Incident - and as we know that there must be some kind of retribution for her actions, it must have been something big. Big enough to kill her or to be erased from reality (like the tower).
And now it's Yuri and Tabuki trying to get her back - so possibly changing again what she did (this part of returning old world from previous episode). But it seems also that only she was able to use diary - there were no signs that Ringo was to effective with it. So maybe that's also Masako plan (she was talking about that Plan M earlier in series)?
So Momoka still seems to be in the centre of all of it.
But maybe in next episode we will get to know what was it, with those scars on Tabuki's hand which he had on day of Incident. It may also be important - as well as that punishment, but I don't know if it's related to Himari. She was dead already and that would be something lame... maybe it's not thing but feeling - their love to eachother?
Nov 4, 2011 7:03 AM

Jun 2010
LOL So the octopus and the penguins are now friends. Once they find a common interest, they join together.

Nov 4, 2011 7:36 AM
Jun 2011
The western themed ed was perfect for "The Unforgiven". They should have used that fade out music it for the crazy bitch showdown too. The ed's songs for this show have all been fabulous.

Nothing much really happened in this episode other than Tabuki's big reveal; probably one of the slowest episodes of the series.
Nov 4, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2011
what's up with all those octupusses? xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 4, 2011 9:38 AM

Jun 2010
Great, Tabuki ain't normal either. Wondering what he is going to do.
Nov 4, 2011 10:09 AM
Nov 2009
Orulyon said:
wow im speechless. Dunno what to think of this anymore. LOL.
Just a theory, but im starting to think that the one who has the Penguin drum is Shouma. We saw the "scorpion light" which burns inside Kanba and that the Princess uses, but we never saw her getting inside Shouma, so what does burn inside him? Also this time the princess said "someone in your family will be terribly punished", she did not say the usual "This girl´s life (Himari) will be over". Also the princess said too: " Because the penguin drum is your....". So it suggests greatly that Kanba or Shouma has it, but ill go for Shouma for the reasons mentioned above. Since the penguindrum is not the diary, i think it is a flame/light. After all it was the Flames/Ashes that "Mary" stole to the "goddess", so i believe that´s the penguindrum.

Wow, Tabuki...i still want to believe in him, but who knows what he might do.

Did anyone noticed in the "preview" Himari´s quote? Quite suggestive.

Penguin x Octopus was epic~

and geez Princess x Kanba survival strategy is getting more naughty than i thought

dunno if penguindrum=shouma but I do think the Peguindrum is a person or something inside of a person.
Nov 4, 2011 10:20 AM

Mar 2008
How i don's see all of this coming? How?!

Nov 4, 2011 11:05 AM

Aug 2011
I.. I..
Honestly, the show began nice and interesting. It had a good feeling, because it wasn't "OMG NEXT EP IS GOING TO BE A BLAST" but something more like "I wonder what's up next".

I also usually do not criticize stories much and enjoy the show, but.. Himari's "it'll be OK" attitude is kinda annoying. Ringo is also sometimes bearable and sometimes a mental institution canditate. I mean, Himari is in a hospital, and needs medicine. Surely eating with someone is more important. Also, Momoka, Momoka, Momokaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... how much she's mentioned is getting on my nerves. I understand that she's an important character, but enough homomomogasms.

Also, lol at going up a construction site. Guess Himari's head isn''t as shiny and refined as the anime makes it. These kinda things are never a good connotation. Next up, they'll bring a pocket watch as a gift. (Something considered taboo in asian cultures.)

I.. really dunno what to say at the moment.. really.
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Nov 4, 2011 12:25 PM

Aug 2010
Incoming war.
Nov 4, 2011 12:54 PM
Jan 2011
This anime is already on its 17th episode, and I'm still not getting it.
Nov 4, 2011 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
Fabulous episode as usual with an especially electrifying cliffhanger.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 4, 2011 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
so many wtf in this episode:

-The diary is not the penguindrum?
-Crossbow vs Minigun showdown?
-DAT Tabuki?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 4, 2011 2:42 PM

Nov 2009
lol great episode. on so many levels. im glad ringo is back in the aciton. i hate the stupid bunny kids. they give me really creepy alice in wonderland vibes. can shouma do something please? LET ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 3:28 PM

Aug 2009
I'm waiting for shouma to suddenly have an epic moment.
Hahah, poor guy, always getting the sucky jobs.

and dat elevator scene
almost expected a monologue about cracking the world's shell.
Nov 4, 2011 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
DenjaX said:
so many wtf in this episode:

-The diary is not the penguindrum?
-Crossbow vs Minigun showdown?
-DAT Tabuki?

This.
Tabuki is with a evil aura, I can't wait for next episode to see Ringo Himari into another death route.
Nov 4, 2011 5:09 PM

Apr 2010
Nasty001 said:
This anime is already on its 17th episode, and I'm still not getting it.

These might help.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 4, 2011 5:34 PM
Dec 2009
on episode 1 i was like wtf is going on.

by episode 17, (with tabuki) i realize.. all the character knows more than they reveal...

except maybe shoma.. or does he?
Nov 4, 2011 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
mmm how I want some takoyaki.... but yeah, the octopus vs penguin scenes were pretty funny, especially how #1 and that one octopus were spying on women later on.

Interesting to see that Tabuki was in on it from the start, no wonder he wasn't fazed by Ringo's antics. He was being all honourable in his conversation with Yuri about how he's not mad, but then he goes and plans something. I dunno who's crazier, Yuri or Tabuki... But that elevator scene, the gate reminds me of the background that goes with Tabuki in the opening scenes. I wonder if he's gonna push Himari off the building, but Ringo's there to stop him, right? And I doubt it's gonna be that simple.

In the Masako vs Yuri fight, I like how Esmeralda was spreading flower petals XD

When the Princess hat told Kanba that "the Penguindrum is your..." , why is the first thing I thought of sexual-themed? XD (well, she was naked and pushed him down and stuff...)

Personally though, I think the Penguindrum is love, or something intangeable like that; Yuri and Masako are fighting over the diary (however twisted their goal is) because of their love for someone.
Nov 4, 2011 7:52 PM

Jul 2008
Are the penguins only there for comic relief? For most of the show they are basically ignored and just doing random crap in the background.
Nov 4, 2011 8:17 PM
Apr 2011
What coerced Tabuki to come to this conclusion?
Nov 4, 2011 8:19 PM

Jun 2011
Natsume and Yuri are just...Fabulous together.
Nov 4, 2011 8:48 PM

May 2011
If everyone isn't noticing the mid episode transition where the text/bubble moves up a notch is pretty much like the plot chart.
Yeah its heating up
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

544 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.