Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sigh, getting tricked and being caught.

Asking Shu about the resistant group, who is acting out.

The friend's brother (?) is a patient who got into virus and is in bad shape. They "are angry" at the resistant group, who are bad, to prevent them to do nice things.

The guy saying that they were trying to rescue is "bad guy"? And Inori is "probably" being tricked by them? And giving a devise to tell them about the resistant?

Inori singing along with her own video and thinking about Shu.

Gai from resistant group trying to be lawyer, and trying to rescue "bad guy".

Inori going for Shu without listening to Gai's order. A girl is mad at Shu.

Shu taking weapon from a patient until Inori came. Then real battle comes with Inori's weapon.

He finally agreed to be with Gai, and threw that devise.

Airing 30 mins late next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2011 9:56 AM

May 2011
Shu finally joins the Undertakers and follows Gai. Anyways action packed loved it. Can't wait for more.
Nov 3, 2011 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
Other than flying Inori I'm just going to say that my hopes in this anime have been renewed. That is all. :]
Nov 3, 2011 11:40 AM
Nov 2010
Now, that episode felt really good... There was quite some action...
Gai was especially awesome, both normal Gai and the lawyer one...:P
I'm looking forward to more episodes like this one...:)
Nov 3, 2011 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
I literally jizzed my pants watching this episode. Kitty Girl and wheels in it! Fuck yeah!
Nov 3, 2011 12:11 PM

Jan 2008
Shu just got a promotion to bad ass.
Nov 3, 2011 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
This was a really solid episode. A lot of character development, Shu has finally graduated from wimp to decent MC. No unnecessary fanservice was involved, action scenes were also decent. Really liked the concept of gravity gun, though the sword is kinda op. He gets an energy shield that can douvle as jump boosters and the sword can unleash a seeker wave attack. I would like them to explain Inori flying though, cause that was just plain weird.
Nov 3, 2011 12:21 PM

Jun 2011
Finally Shu joins the undertakers, hope he doesn't activate the transmitter though.
"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura[/right]
Nov 3, 2011 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
I cant even explain how much I love this show!! ;~~~;
Nov 3, 2011 12:31 PM

Nov 2009
Segai! Gai!
The first is effin nuts and that's why i like him. The second is freaking awesome! Badass lawyer! xD

Very good episode.

Apr 2010
I just love the fight scenes. The art is so pretty and the music blends so well.

Jan 2008
Lots of cliches and generic shounen storytelling but at least they get the action right. No surprise here though. Character development is going places, Shu has some serious mental issues, going from wimp to badass. Alas, shounen it is. Let's hope they keep puberty fanservice to the minimum.

7.5/10 for the ep

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Nov 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
I was happy when Inori went in for Shu on her own. Shu sure acted badass too.
Nov 3, 2011 12:59 PM
Sep 2009
I'm just going to get this out of the way right now...

This episode was AMAZING.

Inori was great (as usual). Shu was great (as predicted). Overall, the episode was great, great, great.

However, even though I understand that Shu is more of the follower-type than a leader, I admit that would have preferred him to say something to Gai along the lines of, "Neither. I'm going to do what I believe in," or something to that effect. After all, the world isn't so black-and-white; gray choices can be made. Oh, well, maybe I'll get what I'm asking for later; I just know that it left me a little dissatisfied at the end.

What keeps my hopes up for Shu in the future, though, is that at the end, he did seem more than a little unsure in his choice to follow Gai~
Nov 3, 2011 1:02 PM

May 2011
I'm impressed by the character, Segai. He seems like he can be an intriguing antagonist. He literally kills a sniper to save Shu and Inori while they were vulnerable in void transformation mode. Now whether his motivations were merely to see how pretty Shu and Inori were together or some ulterior motive like trying release Shu so he can lure in Gai's team using the device he gave Shu remains to be seen. But just like Darryl, Segai seems to have a bit an edge to him. He doesn't just play by the rules like a good soldier.

Gai is rather interesting himself. He's quite arrogant and self-confident. He has a "James Bond" type of super spy in his persona. He's quite a military tactician as well. He can make decisions on the fly and his plans are very thorough and well thought out.

Even though Gai is very adept at adapting to tactical changes, I'm sure he's growing tired of not being able to control the Shu situation. Shu's rogue personality, who's goals may or may not be the same as the Funeral Parlor's own goals, must be driving him nuts. It's even more disconcerting is that he's now dealing with the thought that Inori's priorities have changed and she can't be implicitly counted on to follow his plan if Shu needs help.

Ayase has it bad for Gai. She was bitching out Shu hard for causing trouble.

Shu still seems weak minded. I'm not sure how much of Segai's interrogation got to him. The conflicting stories of motivations between the two sides seemed to garner a reaction from Shu which wasn't promising. He genuinely felt the need to Grill Gai when Gai was there to see him. That wasn't the time for that kind of talk. It shows that he was manipulated a little by what Segai said and it could cost Shu dearly down the road.

Inori still seems a bit of a mystery. But I'm getting the feeling that she literally believes that she now belongs to Shu and that he's all that matters. I'm sure that is great for all the fan boy otaku who like that kind of obedient slave type girl. However, it leaves Inori with a rather bland personality with very little complexity. They really need to give her more backstory soon. I will say this, she is beautifully drawn.

Yahiro's brother being sick isn't a good enough reason to blow in a friend. Especially when you both made a deal not to rat each other out. You're pretty much telling that person, "we're not friends".

I would have rather it have been a more common situation where the Yahiro blew in Shu to just save his own ass. It's a bit of a cop out to show him trying to save his little brother. The reality is some people are douchebags that you think are decent people. Don't suck out and make the rat out to be some sort of misunderstood victim.

Either way I'm sorta glad the outcome was what it was. I'd hate to see Inori gunning down an unarmed individual like she was planning to in episode 3.
CirrisNov 3, 2011 2:35 PM
Nov 3, 2011 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
Oh my Gawd !!!! @,@

Fighting scenes are epic in this anime, specially when Shu in action!!

And I have a feeling that this will be my favorite soundtrack album this year ....
Nov 3, 2011 1:11 PM

Jan 2008
gif to celebrate Shu's badass-ness
Nov 3, 2011 1:16 PM
Jan 2010
Shu is a stupid pussy and Inori only an ugly Fanservice Tool.

Rayyy said:
Shu finally joins the Undertakers and follows Gai. Anyways action packed loved it. Can't wait for more.

Its Inori not Gai, this stupid rat is going to betray Funeral Parlor.
Zero-11Nov 3, 2011 1:20 PM
Nov 3, 2011 1:18 PM
Sep 2009
Cirris said:

Yahiro's brother being sick isn't a good enough reason to blow in a friend. Especially when you both made a deal not to rat each other out. You're pretty much telling that person, "we're not friends".

I would have rather it have been just as situation where the Yahiro blew in Shu to save his own ass. It's a bit of a cop out to show him trying to save his little brother. The reality is some people are douchebags that you think are decent people. Don't suck out and make the rat out to be some sort of misunderstood victim.

Either way I'm sorta glad it came out that way. I'd hate to see Inori gunning down an unarmed individual like she was planning to.

^Actually, I have to agree with this~

I don't want to rag on Guilty Crown for anything in particular yet, since it's only been four of twenty-two episodes, but it's clear that some things in this show are, indeed, very cliché. While I will uphold my own opinion that cliché doesn't necessarily equal bad as long as the execution is well-handled, I do certainly agree that some things are just too overdone to the point that if I see it, I believe it to be immediately boring and forgettable, such as with Yahiro's story. Honestly, I, too, would have preferred for the guy to just be a jerk; after all, sometimes people don't need such a sympathetic, "be-sad-for-me" motivation~
Nov 3, 2011 1:24 PM

Aug 2010
Epic episode.

Gai as a lawyer. lol. His acting is priceless.
The Undertakers attacked the building. boom.
Then Inori, without Gai's permission, tried to save Shu herself.
Now that's just awesome. She's a pretty good jumper ._.
The 'bad guy', Segai, he's pretty cool I guess.
What do you do when you're building's exploding?
Lay back and take a picture. lol. He also shot his own sniper...wow

Kenji's void is awesome. Gravity manipulation? Heck yeah.
Inori jumped off a ledge :O
Shu saved her, grabbed her weapon, and just raped everyone.

Now that the place exploded and everyone's saved.
Gai asked one more time. "Join"
Shu finally accepted and the episode ended there.

I guess Shu only joined because he and Inori trusts each other.

This episode = trust.
10/10
Nov 3, 2011 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
badass lawyer.
lol just noticed their mecha named Steiner.

Paul said:
gif to celebrate Shu's badass-ness

Well done good sir :D
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Nov 3, 2011 1:47 PM
Mar 2011
The best episode so far.

AMAZING. I was just impressed...the MUSIC.

GUYS, YOU LISTEN TO THE MUSIC? In every episode a new theme >.< Amazing T__T

Ohw and Inori x Shu ... such a cute pairing T__T

10/10 C:

So haters. Going to destroy the episode, huh? -v-...

By the way: A sick brother is a good reason (for me) xD

Nov 3, 2011 1:48 PM
Apr 2011
How are they going to go back to highschool hijinks after this?
Will that guy cover for them?
Nov 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Really liked this episode I especially loved Inori in this also that Segai dude seems like an awesome opponent to me. Although the sword drawn from Inori seems overpowered but maybe that has something to do with their bond. It probably indicates it's pretty strong already.
Also lawyer Gai was awesome lol I didn't recognize him at first >.<, although I still can't bring myself to like Gai in general.
Nov 3, 2011 1:56 PM
Sep 2009
Appel_stroop said:
although I still can't bring myself to like Gai in general.

Again, I don't want to get too nitty-gritty with this show yet, but, admittedly, I have to agree with this as well. Shu and Inori are great to me, but Gai is so... meh; I just can't bring myself to like the guy all that much~
Nov 3, 2011 2:14 PM

Nov 2010
Im still not convinced to the ribbon like attacks and Inori's emptyheadness.

Inori: "Why Am I cold, would Shu know ? " Answear : Because you are hugging a damn metal robot.

But rarely anything beats guards on high alert against a raid that fail to shoot down a girl. I guess they could squeeze out few more hours on shooting range. Too bad they didnt.
Nov 3, 2011 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
Gai is so...

Well, the fighting scenes must had cost a lot of money, I so want to see it in 720p. I can't keep my thoughs together when I see Inori, is like the cuteness itself in person. So yeah I wanted to beat out the crap of the MC in the final scene.
Nov 3, 2011 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
Well.. that was quite the bad-ass fighting scene.
Guess I enjoyed the episode.

Still don't like that Gai though. -.-
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Nov 3, 2011 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome episode ^^ .... again !

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Nov 3, 2011 2:44 PM
Sep 2011
Now, this episode restored my interest in this series that has vanished after the first half of the first episode. Hopefully the MCs will stay away from the school for the rest of the series unless it's necessary for the plot.
Nov 3, 2011 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
Shu is still a stupid bitch. I didnt see him throw away that snitching device. I will the animation and action was brilliant.

I only watch it because of the sexy ass Inori.

I give episode hmm 7.5/10

Only Gai and Inori the likable characters. If Shu acts like a bitch after this episode. I wont know what to say. lol
Nov 3, 2011 2:49 PM

Jul 2011
Basically the show has been a disappointment up to this point. Seriously, the only redeeming factor is the great animation/art, other than that, it's mediocre characters and plot. Hopefully this doesn't end up as utter shit, and somewhat improves.

Well this episode exceeded all expectations of the 1/5 I had in plan for it, and landed itself a strong 2/5. Seriously, shit characters ruin this potentially decent series. Whiny cliche male lead with his false illusion of how shit should work is just irritating. This is turning out to be the Ao no Exorcist of the fall season. They're both incredibly similar in certain aspects. They both contain great art/animation, OP/EDs, and OSTs. They both lack a decent/original storyline, and good characters. Although Ao had slightly more likable characters, with GC gradually becoming slightly more original.

2/5
mdzNov 3, 2011 9:40 PM
Nov 3, 2011 2:53 PM

Jan 2011
mdz said:
Expecting shit, will confirm when done

You mean from Gai, right?
Nov 3, 2011 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
drendren said:
TA lot of character development, Shu has finally graduated from wimp to decent MC. No unnecessary fan service was involved, action scenes were also decent.
This is exactly the strong point of the episode. Whereas when you have shows like Maken-Ki's latest where trying too hard just screws things while a balance does a difference.

WELL PEOPLE! You seem to all less bitch now? That's because it was balanced out and delivered exactly like what we all want Plot + action and some romances forms. More later

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 3, 2011 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
drendren said:
TA lot of character development, Shu has finally graduated from wimp to decent MC. No unnecessary fan service was involved, action scenes were also decent.
This is exactly the strong point of the episode. Whereas when you have shows like Maken-Ki's latest where trying too hard just screws things while a balance does a difference.

WELL PEOPLE! You seem to all less bitch now? That's because it was balanced out and delivered exactly like what we all want Plot + action and some romances forms. More later

Brofist for opinions.
Nov 3, 2011 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
daniellkun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
drendren said:

Brofist for opinions.
Heck yeah! See, I hoped to balance it out and it panned out.

Now the question are they going to have Shu like that and are they going to make him weaker again. They did that shit in Maken-Ki. That will be bad or maybe good in a sense towards future plot events.

Nov 3, 2011 3:16 PM
Sep 2009
bonifide said:
I only watch it because of the sexy ass Inori.

Admittedly, as much as I praised this episode, if more substance in terms of character development isn't delivered later on throughout the rest of the series (see my first response on the first page for details), the statement above will be completely true for me as well~

After all, as I stated with the last episode...

Inori Yuzuriha = Best Part of This Show

Not to mention, as I thought about it more and more, I did notice a hint of something throughout these past four episodes: the character development seems a bit rushed, but the action is really well-paced. I will wait a little longer before making a real judgment call toward this predicament, but it could present a major problem for me with this series if it doesn't balance out soon~
Nov 3, 2011 3:18 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
daniellkun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
drendren said:

Brofist for opinions.

Now the question are they going to have Shu like that and are they going to make him weaker again. They did that shit in Maken-Ki. That will be bad or maybe good in a sense towards future plot events.

Well, the MC itself has a lot of potential, we all could see in this episode, so it's up to him to believe in Gai (which somewhat I just can't, even though he seems a good guy) or believe in the "authorities". Far I know we can't say who is wrong or right, also this is only episode 4, so with the future plot development we may see if the MC did the right thing.

Also, I didn't understand why people was so fucked with the fanservice, almost every anime has one, even if you don't seem to realize, and it's Inori we're talking about, why the fanservice about her is bad? Until now, it didn't screwed up with the history or plot in anyway, at least I didn't see it.
Nov 3, 2011 3:19 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
daniellkun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
drendren said:

Brofist for opinions.

I honestly think he will revert back a bit. I think he is learning but because he kept that transceiver or what ever it was, that his mind is still wishy washy. Though I think his main focus is just to protect the girl. Which might make him stay like that.
Nov 3, 2011 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
I really like how Shu kept the communicator pen (assuming he did?). He strikes me as really in tune with the greyness inherent in the GHQ/Funeral Parlor conflict, and that should be a nice source of drama/characterization.

I appreciate/suspected that Yahiro had a justifiable (arguably) reason for selling out Shu, but I kinda wish they'd done something a little more original than "sick little brother".

Going back to the greyness, I like how Segai humanized the GHQ side but was a little ticked with how it was canceled out by his psycho-creeper tendencies. What can I say, I like moral ambiguity.
Ha-cha!
Nov 3, 2011 3:28 PM
Sep 2009
LightningRamiel said:
I really like how Shu kept the communicator pen (assuming he did?). He strikes me as really in tune with the greyness inherent in the GHQ/Funeral Parlor conflict, and that should be a nice source of drama/characterization.

Going back to the greyness, I like how Segai humanized the GHQ side but was a little ticked with how it was canceled out by his psycho-creeper tendencies. What can I say, I like moral ambiguity.

^All of this.

If Production I.G. starts playing with the potential grayness of Shu's character, I will be happy. Simple as that~
Nov 3, 2011 3:32 PM

Feb 2011
Dr_Smurph said:
Yumekichi11 said:
daniellkun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
drendren said:

Brofist for opinions.

I honestly think he will revert back a bit. I think he is learning but because he kept that transceiver or what ever it was, that his mind is still wishy washy. Though I think his main focus is just to protect the girl. Which might make him stay like that.

I can see things playing out this way, but elaborating on the "protect the girl" part: I can picture him learning more about their cause and the background of the other characters and then when he inquires about Inori the conversation is cut short somehow. After collecting his thoughts he decides to get rid of the pen transmitter.

That, or he gets found out that he HAS the transmitter, Gai gets mad, but somehow things all turn out right in the end. Anyways, after the transmitter threat is out of the way, he suddenly turns into A certain Kururugi with a sword.. a decent MC.

In any case, I'm really enjoying the anime, even if cliche, it's still done well, and you can't NOT love that soundtrack. I'll be watching this till the end... unless Inori dies, then I ragequit.
Nov 3, 2011 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Onii said:
How are they going to go back to highschool hijinks after this?
Will that guy cover for them?

I hope they don't go back to highschool hijinks. shit's gotten too serious for that now.
Nov 3, 2011 3:44 PM

Jan 2011
I'm almost 100% with you but there's something I don't get it, you would quit because Inori died? There's no way she's gonna die, THEY.CAN'T.DO.SOMETHING.LIKE.THAT.

Of course, everyone understands that she's the best in this show, and no one can argument with that, if they do, they're retarded, simple as that. Someone can even try a response but I wouldn't even bother to reply to it. Simple as life.

So please take out that hypothesis of your mind.
NiyawaNov 3, 2011 4:46 PM
Nov 3, 2011 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
The Mobile Suits in this show are absolute shit, not to mention how mediocre the army is. They'll give them time to escape yet AGAIN (episode 2). I liked when Shu used Inori's power though. I wonder what will happen in the next episode. The only thing that keeps me going is the cliffhangers in the end, I'm dropping 1 point in this show. Hopefully it will get better.

What I had hoped for was when Inori came, she showed some bad ass power. Nope, she just ran through everyone with some acrobatic skills.
Nov 3, 2011 3:53 PM
Sep 2009
daniellkun said:
AirTote said:
I'll be watching this till the end... unless Inori dies, then I ragequit.

I'm almost100% with you but there's something I don't get it, you would quit because Inori died? There's no way she's gonna die, THEY.CAN'T.DO.SOMETHING.LIKE.THAT.

Of course, everyone understands that she's the best in this show, and no one can argument with that, if they do, they're retarded, simple as that. Someone can even try a response but I wouldn't even bother to reply to it. Simple as life.

^I couldn't have put this better myself~
Nov 3, 2011 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
LOL WTF? They're floating on water! That's hilarious.
LOL @ slow-mo when they're floating through the air.
LOL @ Inori moaning when Shu reached into her chest to get her void. LOL..

Fight scene at the end with Shu using Inori's void = EPIC.

The ending was like the calm after the storm...it was eerie and silent as hell...woah.

So I wonder what he's gonna do with that thing-a-ma-jig.

Funny how they named one of those robots "Steiner" :O. Reminded me of Steins;Gate.

Nov 3, 2011 4:21 PM

Apr 2011
Omg!! such a good episode *-* the fight scene was amazing! Shu's such a bad ass now. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2011 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
this is the reason why I love this show! so much besides the whole shu and inori moment before the insert song and epic fighting everything was pretty damn good,just waiting for those haters to come in to point out the bads of this episode but imo there was very few.

As for things i noticed Shu did not throw away the pen thing as other have stated this could lead to some drama soon

Segai was more Calm then i thought he would be but this leaves room to show us his creepy phyco side Later on

Inori is caring for shu alot more to the point in which she doesn't obey Gais order sayy whaaaaa?!

and as for going back to highschool i'm sure at some point in the story they might go back to it since they still haven't showed Arisa (blonde girl with the long hair in the op)

but these were my thoughts looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks later on!.
katsu044Nov 3, 2011 4:36 PM
Nov 3, 2011 4:40 PM

Oct 2010
daniellkun said:
I'm almost100% with you but there's something I don't get it, you would quit because Inori died? There's no way she's gonna die, THEY.CAN'T.DO.SOMETHING.LIKE.THAT.

They can but not now. They should do it at the end but IMO it should be happy end.

Can we please please please have a happy family Shu x Inori at the end because if it's a bad end with Inori gone then F***************K! Mainly tears shall be shed for Inori. Honestly I don't even know how the heck will Funerl even win against the army? I mean sure they are:
MeSoHungry said:
The Mobile Suits in this show are absolute shit, not to mention how mediocre the army is. They'll give them time to escape yet AGAIN (episode 2).
Then again they have the upper hand. With new mech design clearly showing they innovate in weapons.

IMO what we need is a vilain that has the same powers as Shu. Was there not 2 other ones left that are still good or near perfect as Shu got one to give him powers? You know those Void Genome vials.

Who is with me on that one? Who?

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.