3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
4.2%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.2
143 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2011 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miyu-Miyu finally talked (and talked a bit more!)

Continuing from last ep.

Doctor = technician to always repair whenever he's broken, and also not human.

lol @ capturing the closet... Eh? Kazamori transferred in doll?

Wow, AI knows how to "please" people... creepy.

Father is the the one who created those AI, who supposed to be died? He doesn't want others to use AIs for "wrongdoings".

Kazamori transferring back to real body... so "Kazamori" killed to "enemy" to protect real killer?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2011 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Robo-doll fetish + creepy old dude = disgusting case...
Anyways Inga rules :D
Nov 3, 2011 11:08 AM
Nov 2010
That was a nice case, Kazamori should've been destroyed or something, though...
That doctor was quite twisted...
I like Inga and Shinjuurou, they're pretty fun...:)
Nov 3, 2011 11:13 AM
Apr 2011
That ended nicely.
Nov 3, 2011 11:13 AM
Aug 2009
It was great episode, I like this anime more and more :)

Shinjuurou was really cool, I would like to know more about him and his relationship with Inga ♥
and just who exactly Inga is? O.o
Nov 3, 2011 11:28 AM

Aug 2007
My favorite character of this series was finally introduced. Good episode.
Nov 3, 2011 12:02 PM

Jun 2009
Oh yeah, that was the best episode yet.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Nov 3, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
best and favorite episode yet

and the things i have written here

"my analysis of the episode, not entirely though.

so basically, Kazamori's secret is already known to Itoji and especially Kagihiko to begin with(you can see him interact w/ Kazamori, possibly the A.I. during the start of the ep), and Kigihiko's line "We didn't kill Kazamori. There's no way we could have killed him" caught our MC's eye on the way he said it not because it implies that there is no reason for them to kill Kazamori but they utterly have NO MEANS to kill him. Kagihiko is also telling Itoji that "they should tell him, otherwise they'll be.." accused of the crime, and that's were the surveillance cameras came into rescue that halt they're revelation about Kazamori.

those also lead to our MC having Inga asked the question "Who is Sasa Kazamori? Whose face is under the mask?"

one question is, what are the consequences for having Kagihiko and Itoji revealing the truth about Kazamori that they so hesitant to do so even after "the supposed to be Kazamori being burned alive"

and one other thing is, WHO DID GET BURNED?"

in ep.3 discussion board has been proven and answered w/c made me felt really satisfied.

i find it kinda funny how Hayami dare arrest a refrigerator, and with handcuffs too
oh, Shinjuurou's speech here is worth noting, and the end of the ep is just great

Shinjuurou + Inga + Kazamori = pure win
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 3, 2011 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
FUCK YES, Loli android has now joined the ranks of the straw hat pirates.
Nov 3, 2011 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode though I found the conclusion to be a bit confusing. I noticed that this show uses a lot of convoluted logic reasoning and sometimes I find it hard to follow. Especially the part where Shinjirou reasons that humans love "what's right" to explain that Kazamori isn't just a robot, or at least I think that's what he was trying to explain. Overall it was a nice way to wrap up, and never forget that moe robot is always WIN.
Nov 3, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2010
DarthVantos said:

Yeah every story needs Frankie or a Aegis or a Dorthy.

Nov 3, 2011 1:39 PM

Oct 2011
Best episode so far! I hope next episode will be awesome as well
Nov 3, 2011 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
-sighs-

After giving birth to something that can perfectly replicate human thought, they treat the creation bellow humans? ... I sincerely hope advanced A.I.'s and cybernetics never meet, at least not to such a degree.
Nov 3, 2011 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
Akira36 said:
Best episode so far! I hope next episode will be awesome as well

This show is finally catching my eye. I loved this episode as well.
Nov 3, 2011 1:57 PM

Sep 2010
Kazamori transferring back to real body... so "Kazamori" killed to "enemy" to protect real killer?

Nope. Kazamori didn't kill anyone. The killer in both cases was the father. All Kazamori did was try to not let the innocent people take the blame.

Nov 3, 2011 1:58 PM
Sep 2011
Hhm, I wonder what Inga did to the men in the alley...

Anyway, this show keeps impressing me with its description of its setting especially regarding politics and human instinctive behaviour such as the desire for violence and sexual satisfaction.

Also, I certainly didn't expect the black-haired girl in the opening to be connected to this case not to mention to be Kazamori herself in the first place.
EudaimoniaNov 3, 2011 2:03 PM
Nov 3, 2011 2:09 PM

Jul 2010
Eh. Better than other episodes.

It's trying to fiddle with deep topics, like sexual desire and politics and what-not, but it's not doing a good job currently IMO.

When it gets to Brave New World level, I'll be amazingly impressed.
Well, but this is anime ;).. xD

It's not a BAD anime, I just feel that their not executing their interesting ideas well enough to appeal to the audience. I'm sure this show is deep and amazing in the writer's head, but it's not getting to us as much, or at least, that's what I think.
fishergirl16Nov 3, 2011 2:12 PM
Nov 3, 2011 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
It's not a BAD anime, I just feel that their not executing their interesting ideas well enough to appeal to the audience.

Please don't lump me into that audience.
The audience I know of likes how this show is unraveling.

Nov 3, 2011 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't like the episode. It seemed like it stood still all the time, and I have to say. I was bored.

Hopefully it picks up again.
Nov 3, 2011 2:50 PM

Jul 2011
First episode was extremely bad. The ones following it was relatively crappy too. It seemed to get slightly better last week, not sure how this week will follow up. All I know is that Inga is a shit mechanic that shouldn't be implemented. On the side note, good art and animation, likable OP/ED themes too.

Taking a few notes while watching:

Being seduced by a panda doll? No big deal.

"I can do with him as I like"- such an ambiguous term, considering the uses they had for the robots.

Also, does anyone notice how similar his robot is to his daughter? that' s not oddly creepy at all. In unison with the quote above this, I think him being secluded for nine years was the safest plan for everyone around him.

Overall the episode was decent, 3/5. It's just that Inga is such a shit mechanic, it's like playing a video game on hard mode with cheat codes. Hopefully it gets somewhat better.
mdzNov 3, 2011 4:16 PM
Nov 3, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2011
DarthVantos said:

^This

Despite the overly long dialogue at the end, I thought this was a good episode, and probably my favorite so far. Thinking about it, this dystopia kind of intrigues me. Usually when we read about these things, we start from the bottom, the common people. We do see those people in some scenes, but each of the cases involves the upper crust instead.

Edi: Well I just realized Inga is Yui.
violaxcoreNov 3, 2011 3:43 PM
violaxcore.png
Nov 3, 2011 4:35 PM

May 2008
Good episode finally..

...and...that...that bear was....oh god...rape...

Nov 3, 2011 4:58 PM

Dec 2009
Great show, didn't expect that after the first episode. Wonder how it all will end.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 3, 2011 5:25 PM

Aug 2010
LoLi robot acquired. We already have Tsundere, Yandere & Shota(?). Who will be the next in the party?
Nov 3, 2011 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
nedstark1990 said:
LoLi robot acquired. We already have Tsundere, Yandere & Shota(?). Who will be the next in the party?

Party? Note to self, Un-Go is actually a JRPG

I'm kind of entertained how this show plays with gender. Inga is a young boy who is also a really sexualized woman. Kazamori goes from an AI pretending to be a man, to a rape bear, to a token loli girl.
violaxcore.png
Nov 3, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2010

Overall the episode was decent, 3/5. It's just that Inga is such a shit mechanic, it's like playing a video game on hard mode with cheat codes. Hopefully it gets somewhat better.

What do you mean. By the time Inga gets into fullgear Shinjurou(Rinroku probably has it solved be that) has already solved the case and only needs to present his evidence in order to make the guilty party crack. Inga's One-Question mode is barely a shortcut worth mentioning until we find out why she is attached to Shin.

Nov 3, 2011 6:43 PM

Feb 2010
violaxcore said:

I'm kind of entertained how this show plays with gender. Inga is a young boy who is also a really sexualized woman. Kazamori goes from an AI pretending to be a man, to a rape bear, to a token loli girl.

I was thinking the same thing. It's interesting.

This was by far the best episode, but I'm still not impressed with this show.
Nov 3, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
This anime is only slated for 11 eps. right..... so BONES better start with shinjurou's background/past story because... it's getting really frustrating.. and BTW shinjurou and doll-fetish moment #weird.. nuff said
Nov 3, 2011 7:40 PM

Sep 2009
The bear molesting Shinjurou was so awkward XD
Nov 3, 2011 8:15 PM

Jul 2010
just rewatched UN-GO ep.4 and i can't help but smile in the end. I just love its mix of politics, conspiracy, mystery drama and philosophy, reminiscent of what i love w/ Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex,though they're utterly different.

oh, and this came to me after waking this morning,
from what i've seen, Inga feels an "irresistible need to feed" (thus transforming) when she's near humans who are feeling a great deal of emotional guilt or burden, like for ep.1, when she's near the victim's wife, in ep.2, when they are talking w/ the 2 of Yonagahime's, and in ep.3, when they are w/ Itoji and her family
entirely different from her voluntary transformation w/ Kazamori in the car

special1chad said:
This anime is only slated for 11 eps. right..... so BONES better start with shinjurou's background/past story because... it's getting really frustrating.. and BTW shinjurou and doll-fetish moment #weird.. nuff said

i don't think it will be explored entirely because they have this slated for that
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11531/UN-GO_episode:0_Inga-ron
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 3, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

What do you mean. By the time Inga gets into fullgear Shinjurou(Rinroku probably has it solved be that) has already solved the case and only needs to present his evidence in order to make the guilty party crack. Inga's One-Question mode is barely a shortcut worth mentioning until we find out why she is attached to Shin.

Which makes Inga a useless, shitty mechanic. The series would be slightly more logical if the character itself didn't exist, or the function of the character changed at very least. It's not very logical having the cheat code, while not using it.
Nov 3, 2011 8:59 PM

Sep 2010
mdz said:
Anime_Name said:

Which makes Inga a useless, shitty mechanic. The series would be slightly more logical if the character itself didn't exist, or the function of the character changed at very least. It's not very logical having the cheat code, while not using it.

She isn't a cheat code and doesn't figure out the mysteries on her own. Her one question ability does get used. I think you're getting to wrapped up in the murders and ignoring the bigger issues like, the conspiracy going on with the government and why Shin always says female Inga is his boss.

Nov 3, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:
mdz said:
Anime_Name said:

She isn't a cheat code and doesn't figure out the mysteries on her own. Her one question ability does get used. I think you're getting to wrapped up in the murders and ignoring the bigger issues like, the conspiracy going on with the government and why Shin always says female Inga is his boss.

I'm not ignoring the bigger issues, just focusing on the main unreasonable issue. Is there any logical reason besides selffish pride on why he wouldn't use Inga initially for every case on every person once?
Nov 3, 2011 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
Possibly because she is the boss, and she decides when and who to feed on. If the desire to feed is triggered by a heightened emotional state, he has to proceed far enough along the case to make that possible. What he provides is the right question to ask, while she is feeding (since sometimes the person to ask is not the perpetrator of the crime). Also it might just be wise to restrict his use of her abilities since it just might be possible that someone would object to an entity feeding on human emotions. I think that is a logical reason (or at least logical enough to pass muster for an anime).

Also I think they made more explicit the comparison between the law in the anime that prohibited RAI, and the law IRL that was passed regarding anime and manga that featured unacceptable content. The arguments on both sides of those issues (fictional and real) have a lot of parallels.

All in all, I think this is very well done.
rodacNov 3, 2011 10:18 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 3, 2011 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
Every episode I'm loving this anime more and more. This whole episode added a lot to the setting/background, which I think is the part I like most about this show. That and the characters, which we had some pretty interesting stuff concerning Shinjirou and Inga. That whole part in the car then afterwards in the alley was...interesting, to say the least.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like the episodes in this series are shorter than other series' episodes? They just seem to be over so quickly. Perhaps it's all the talking.
Fingerfood.png Fingerfood.png
Nov 3, 2011 10:42 PM

Aug 2009
This needs more than 11 episodes....

At least there's the movie to look forward to.
Nov 4, 2011 12:13 AM

Nov 2006
rotflmao @ inga in the preview.
Nov 4, 2011 1:35 AM

Jan 2010
Man = Pedo Bear = Loli = We have a winner
Love this episode so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 5:10 AM

Jun 2010

I want Inga to do this to Shinjuro NOW ! Without transformation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2011 6:08 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome episode.
Nov 4, 2011 9:58 AM

Oct 2007
Pretty interesting episode to say at least.

I still find Inga to be a rather cliche reason to appear in this show. I mean what exactly the reason to make her appear in this show since Shinjuro can do the job perfectly fine on his own. I also find her one-question-must-answer is pretty lame. If I remember correctly, they stated in the first episode that she can only ask one question to a person and that person must answer it(due to her ability) and we saw her ask the same person more than one question.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 4, 2011 10:26 AM

May 2010
Interesting conclusion to the arc.

What I find amusing is that the scene where the RAI transferred to the girl-android boy still managed to surprise me

despite it's pretty much the same from the previous ep.

So I guess she's a recurring character now.

Also, Inga is still mysterious as hell. He/she has another ability aside from forced-answering-a-question.

I hope it keeps better.
Nov 4, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Siva said:
Pretty interesting episode to say at least.

I still find Inga to be a rather cliche reason to appear in this show. I mean what exactly the reason to make her appear in this show since Shinjuro can do the job perfectly fine on his own. I also find her one-question-must-answer is pretty lame. If I remember correctly, they stated in the first episode that she can only ask one question to a person and that person must answer it(due to her ability) and we saw her ask the same person more than one question.

are you referring to her questions in ep.3?

"Who is Sasa Kazamori? Whose face is under the mask?"

but as soon as Yuuki mentioned "her sole question" the only thing she ask in the end is

"Who is Sasa Kazamori?" and followed the same as w/ the previous eps

and i kinda agree this show would be better w/o her ability, just the normal boy Inga, but still her "true role" hasn't been revealed yet so we can just truly judge after the series finishes

but i guess, with or without her powers i'm pretty sold to this series. best for me this season. I love how its having "complexity and substance" beneath its mystery cases.
Nov 4, 2011 11:01 AM

Sep 2010
mdz said:

I'm not ignoring the bigger issues, just focusing on the main unreasonable issue. Is there any logical reason besides selffish pride on why he wouldn't use Inga initially for every case on every person once?

Initially who that one person is and what should be asked by Inga's not known at the beginning. "Did you kill that guy" won't provide the Inga with the information she requires, truth about how humans behave. Solving mysteries is the vehicle used by Shin to give Inga what she wants.

For any reason more specific than that and we'll have to wait for the actual mysteries, government&Inga, to unfold.

Nov 4, 2011 1:14 PM

Sep 2007
XD The bear "turning on" Shinji was like OMG....lol........and who gave the bear a tongue in the first place?

I wonder if she's gonna follow the two around now every ep or only pop up once and awhile and/or help them behind the scenes).
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 4, 2011 1:52 PM
Dec 2007
Once again an unbelievably clever and well-directed episode. I don't understand how the director of a series which could be as abysmally bad as Gundam 00 at times can do a show as brilliant as this one. And the setting is fantastic too, pretty close to Kamiyama's GITS:SAC (the tone also).

Lestrade said:
Hhm, I wonder what Inga did to the men in the alley...

No answer to be found in the anime and that's precisely why the direction is sheer genius. You understand without even knowing and without having the need of being told.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 4, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2011
wasn't so sure about un-go at first, but it really seems to be hitting it's stride with this episode - i really have grown to love the different characters - interesting story line - i hope they do more of these two part+ episodes - the plot finally has time to develop...
Nov 4, 2011 9:13 PM

Jun 2011
So Kazamori will be featured more in this series?
She is a robot, which means she will inevitably be my favourite character.
Nov 4, 2011 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
naoan said:
This needs more than 11 episodes....

At least there's the movie to look forward to.
I got a feeling its more than 11 episodes like guilty crown is, its just cutting it in half due to problems with the channel,

also when is that hei look alike gonna show up

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2011 10:44 PM

Sep 2011
Jacut said:

No answer to be found in the anime and that's precisely why the direction is sheer genius. You understand without even knowing and without having the need of being told.
oh come on thats bullshi-......wait actually your right, i do know what happened with the ally guys without anyone saying so, now if only they could have been more subtle with the backstory for the war in ep 1 but whatever

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Brace625 - Oct 13, 2011

180 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 2:33 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2011

72 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 20, 2011

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:33 AM

» UN-GO series--Watch series first or Episode 0 first?

thecursedone - Nov 23, 2013

13 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 25, 2022 2:10 AM

Poll: » UN-GO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

79 by helldraco »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.